Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure (1745 Views)

Data Structure And Algorithms Programmers Needed For A High Paying Gig / Top 20 Websites To Learn Coding With Java, Python, SQL, Algorithms, And Git For / I Need Help On Learning Data Structure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 29, 2017
Before I post resources, I will like to explain why the need for this, I graduated with Business Admin and self taught myself programming, not just coding but also read Software Engineering books however when it comes to performance you need to be able to analyze your code in order to know how efficient it is, alot of us might know why i say this, if you write services/app/micro-services that receives a large insane amount of requests and load, you will need to ensure that your algorithm are as efficient as possible. I had that gap because I never studied Computer Science only read a few books but now working in a large Enterprise company I understand how important it is, and you should too.

I will be dropping Resources and materials here,

Note: I am learning so I am not an expert so please feel free to contribute so we can all learn, the advantage is that you get to run efficient codes, you can do a runtime analysis to know the Big O of your code and also incase oyinbo people call you for whiteboard test or codility, there will be no need to be doing fasting and prayers or looking for Github solutions.

This article simply states the importance of Algorithm so not just cramming Data Structure but knowing why you should use a specific one over the another
https://www.topcoder.com/community/data-science/data-science-tutorials/the-importance-of-algorithms/

This video has a free material, I know maths but not superbly have you ever looked an algorithm notation and catch headache e.g the image below
https://wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/media/math/render/svg/d26965fea07d841c85071c791f70ba88a721f280

Well the course below introduces you to the mathematical way of thinking luckily it's the maths required for programming and algorithm so need learning the whole maths depending on what field of programming you belong to

Introduction to Mathematical thinking
https://www.coursera.org/learn/mathematical-thinking

Data Structure

This is important, I remember in the office, I was working on a cordova project that need to handle a list of uploads to be uploaded, but it required it to be in a Queue where as i read a list and it uploads i pop it off the queue till it was finished, yes you can do it in a simpler way but the structure of Queue was easy because the structure made it easy to store and remove the data easily, Currently this is the book i read of DS with C++ there is a Java version too

http://opendatastructures.org/

This thread will be updated from time to time, and those master who have mastered this can also shed important lessons for us. Happy weekend guys

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by dsypha(m): 11:55am On Jul 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
^ Respect bro thanks
Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by 4dor: 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
Top marks for this thread, I totally agree with what you've said. As a Node.js guy I also had the writing code to scale challenge. These books are super important for Node/Javascript devs.

Learning JavaScript Data Structures and Algorithms - Second Edition

https://www.packtpub.com/web-development/learning-javascript-data-structures-and-algorithms-second-edition

Node.js Design Patterns - Second Edition

https://www.packtpub.com/web-development/nodejs-design-patterns-second-edition

1 Like

Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by silento(m): 10:42am On Aug 02, 2017
finally we are improving
Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 14, 2020
pcguru1:
^ Respect bro thanks

Hi, are you a web developer?
Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 14, 2020
nenyewrites:

Hi, are you a web developer?

Well......Software Engineer but Web Development is my area too. for the media stuff ? * I checked your profile
Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 14, 2020
pcguru1:

Well......Software Engineer but Web Development is my area too. for the media stuff ? * I checked your profile

Yes, can I send a dm?
Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 14, 2020
nenyewrites:

Yes, can I send a dm?

Sure thing , my email is my website name AT gmail.com
Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 14, 2020
pcguru1:

Ok, thank you.
Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2020
pcguru1:

I’ve sent an email
Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by talk2hb1(m): 2:16pm On Nov 14, 2020
Following...
Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by Karleb(m): 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2020
OP. Do you still work at this large enterprise company?
Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 15, 2020
Karleb:
OP. Do you still work at this large enterprise company?

No I currently for a Chemical Engineering company , helping to write their application to web from the desktop. Why do you ask ?
Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 15, 2020
I'm resuming this thread too. My DS don dey stale
Re: Resources For Algorithms And Data Structure by Karleb(m): 7:27am On Nov 15, 2020
pcguru1:

No I currently for a Chemical Engineering company , helping to write their application to web from the desktop. Why do you ask ?

Wow!

I was just curious.

(1) (Reply)

Programming: Where Do I Start From / Is It Possible To Gain An Internship With A Tech Company? / Please Devs, You Guys Should Stop Glamorising Tech And Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.