Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President (4932 Views)

People In Jewish Attire Storm Umuahia Streets With Biafra Insignia (Photos) / Why Urhobo Can’t Be Part Of Biafra – Urhobo Leaders / Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Ngozi123(f): 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

I saw one of the recent interviews in which Nnamdi Kanu said Delta is a part of Biafra. In fact, he went further to precisely mention Isoko as well. When he mentioned Delta, he didn't say "Delta Igbo". He said "Delta State", a state in which Urhobos are the most populous ethnic group. What more proof do we need for forceful inclusion into Biafra?

You may not like that fact we have been vocal in our rebuttal but then, no one likes the fact that they are included in a struggle that is not theirs, a struggle built on hate speeches and "overflogged vitriolic".

No one cares that you've been vocal in your rebuttals; many groups in the SS and SE have spoken out against IPOB. The problem I have with people like you is that, even before Kanu's interviews, you were going around proclaiming your exclusion from the Biafran nation, not just once but many times so all of this noise can't just be because of his interviews undecided. It's well documented that I, personally speaking, do not want your people anywhere near our Igbo independent country, and there's many that agree with me here. However, seeing the Urhobos, in particular, continuously coming out to reiterate the same rhetoric is getting tiresome now. We get it, Kanu has responded you in kind. Now, what's the problem?

7 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The problem I have with the article is the claim that small Urhobo with 1 senatorial district in Delta state is the 4th largest ethnic nation ahead of Ijaws (60% in Rivers, 100% Bayelsa, 40% Delta, and also in Akwa Ibom and Ondo states- undisputed 4th largest with 20million population) and the fifth largest tribe Tiv (Dominant in Benue and also present in Taraba state)

N/B
I ignore trolls

Tonye, let's not get into a banter over who's the bigger "minority". Any group has a right to claim whatever and be well justified for doing so too until there comes a time when we will have a honest census in this nation.

But your claim that Ijaws occupy 40% of Delta is outrightly wrong. Ijaws in Delta share a senatorial district of just 1.2m persons with Itsekiris and Isokos, of which Isokos are the most populous in that district.

Secondly, that an ethnic group is spread over states doesn't mean they have more population than others. Population density doesn't correlate with geographical spread. There may be 10 persons occupying a series of villages that spread into 20 states and on the other hand, 10,000 persons may occupy a single village in a single state. As you would agree, Urhoboland has densely populated urban areas such as Effurun-Warri axis, Sapele, Ughelli, Abraka, etc.

In any case, let's not get carried away by the banter of "most populous minority" in full view of the so called "majorities". Just accept that the logic you are attempting to use in this instance is quite flawed, regardless of whether or not Urhobo is 4th, 5th, 6th or even 10th most populous ethnic group in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

[s]Tonye, let's not get into a banter over who's the bigger "minority". Any group has a right to claim whatever and be well justified for doing so too until there comes a time when we will have a honest census in this nation.

But your claim that Ijaws occupy 40% of Delta is outrightly wrong. Ijaws in Delta share a senatorial district of just 1.2m persons with Itsekiris and Isokos, of which Isokos are the most populous in that district.

Secondly, that an ethnic group is spread over states doesn't mean they have more population than others. Population density doesn't correlate with geographical spread. There may be 10 persons occupying a series of villages that spread into 20 states and on the other hand, 10,000 persons may occupy a single village in a single state. As you would agree, Urhoboland has densely populated urban areas such as Effurun-Warri axis, Sapele, Ughelli, Abraka, etc.

In any case, let's not get carried away by the banter of "most populous minority" in full view of the so called "majorities". Just accept that the logic you are attempting to use in this instance is quite flawed, regardless of whether or not Urhobo is 4th, 5th, 6th or even 10th most populous ethnic group in Nigeria! [/s]
Trash!
Urhobo is the smallest ethnic group in Nigeria. If we do head count, una no reach one milly.

6 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by aniomafirstson: 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

"aniomafirstson"

The other day it was "Isoko1stson or Isokofirstson". I'm awaiting "Urhobofirstson".

No real Anioma, Urhobo or Isoko person will create such usernames. The Irony of this is that all such usernames are pro-Biafra! cheesy. If I should ask simple questions about the places you claim to be from, you'd all falter and run.

You guys should stick your noses to your regions and leave my peripheral view please.
Shifting the goal post again?

that is what you are good @ tho

just know that urhobo will never be part of Biafra

4 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by izombie(m): 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

I saw one of the recent interviews in which Nnamdi Kanu said Delta is a part of Biafra. In fact, he went further to precisely mention Isoko as well. When he mentioned Delta, he didn't say "Delta Igbo". He said "Delta State", a state in which Urhobos are the most populous ethnic group. What more proof do we need for forceful inclusion into Biafra?

You may not like that fact we have been vocal in our rebuttal but then, no one likes the fact that they are included in a struggle that is not theirs, a struggle built on hate speeches and "overflogged vitriolic".
which struggle is yours? What has nigeria done for the urhobos? Instead of you people to join hands to release all of us from the hold of the hausa fulani, you people are busy creating more distance between you and the person that is actually doing something to change nigeria. You people are pathetic, you make me sick. I ask you again, what has nigeria done for the urhobos?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ngozi123:

No one cares that you've been vocal in your rebuttals; many groups in the SS and SE have spoken out against IPOB. The problem I have with people like you is that, even before Kanu's interviews, you were going around proclaiming your exclusion from the Biafran nation, not just once but many times so all of this noise can't just be because of his interviews undecided. It's well documented that I, personally speaking, do not want your people anywhere near our Igbo independent country, and there's many that agree with me here. However, seeing the Urhobos, in particular, continuously coming out to reiterate the same rhetoric is getting tiresome now. We get it, Kanu has responded you in kind. Now, what's the problem?

You don't seem to get it. These rebuttals are coming from different interest groups in Urhobo nation, not a single one. Just the way you guys have various persons and groups agitating for Biafra, so too do we have various persons and groups coming out to negate Urhobo's inclusion in it. In fact, whether or not IPOB or Kanu included Urhobo in Biafra, it is always important to set the records straight for the sake of posterity. We have the inalienable right to deny whatever we want, even if we choose to do so every blessed day. Just the way you guys have the right to agitate for your Igboid Biafra everyday too.

Urhobos are not trouble makers. If some unscrupulous persons didn't create the impressions, drew the maps, or outrightly included us in Biafra, we wouldn't have the moral justification for these rebuttals. And until such a time when the records are set straight by IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu or other Biafran interest groups, we would always have the more justification to keep coming at you guys like this. Any Urhobo can come up and leverage on the fact that it was you guys or one of yours that included Urhobo into your struggle in order to give a rebuttal. No one can stop such person(s) from doing so.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

You don't seem to get it. These rebuttals are coming from different interest groups in Urhobo nation, not a single one. Just the way you guys have various persons andand groups agitating for Biafra, so too do we have various persons and groups coming out to negate Urhobo's inclusion in it. In fact, whether or not IPOB or Kanu included Urhobo in Biafra, it is always important to set the records straight for the sake of posterity. We have the inalienable right to deny whatever we want, even if we choose to do so every blessed day. Just the day you guys have the right to agitate for your Igboid Biafra everyday too.

Urhobos are not trouble makers. If some unscrupulous persons didn't create the impressions, drew the maps, or outrightly included us in Biafra, we wouldn't have the moral justification for these rebuttals. And until such a time when the records are set straight by IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu or other Biafran interest groups, we would always have the more justification to keep coming at you guys like this. Any Urhobo can come up and leverage on the fact that it was you guys or one of yours that included Urhobo into your struggle in order to give a rebuttal. No one can stop such person(s) from doing so.

U guys come across as Jobless.

Make sure u maintain ur stance wen the middle-belt, sw and Edo join alliance with Biafra. U have made far too much noise over nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
izombie:
which struggle is yours? What has nigeria done for the urhobos? Instead of you people to join hands to release all of us from the hold of the hausa fulani, you people are busy creating more distance between you and the person that is actually doing something to change nigeria. You people are pathetic, you make me sick. I ask you again, what has nigeria done for the urhobos?

What will Biafra do for the Urhobos that Nigeria has not and cannot do? The system is the same. The majority-minority argument will be there. Resource control won't solve all the fundamental problems. So what more do you guys have to offer?

3 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

U guys come across as Jobless.

Make sure u maintain ur stance wen the middle-belt, sw and Edo join alliance with Biafra. U have made far too much noise over nothing.

Over "nothing", says you. Like I said earlier, I find it ironic that certain comments are coming from the chief noisemakers in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

What will Biafra do for the Urhobos that Nigeria has not and cannot do? The system is the same. The majority-minority argument will be there. Resource control won't solve all the fundamental problems. So what more do you guys have to offer?

Absolutely nothing.

In fact we will send Urhobo to the dark ages where dey belong.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by aniomafirstson: 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

You don't seem to get it. These rebuttals are coming from different interest groups in Urhobo nation, not a single one. Just the way you guys have various persons andand groups agitating for Biafra, so too do we have various persons and groups coming out to negate Urhobo's inclusion in it. In fact, whether or not IPOB or Kanu included Urhobo in Biafra, it is always important to set the records straight for the sake of posterity. We have the inalienable right to deny whatever we want, even if we choose to do so every blessed day. Just the day you guys have the right to agitate for your Igboid Biafra everyday too.

Nobody asked you to be part of Biafra

you won't contribute anything

we don't want you guys period

stay with Nigeria
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
aniomafirstson:

Nobody asked you to be part of Biafra

you won't contribute anything

we don't want you guys period

stay with Nigeria

Make sure to pass this to Nnamdi Kanu, the troublemaker general who includes us to his warped vision.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

Over "nothing", says you. Like I said earlier, I find it ironic that certain comments are coming from the chief noissmakers in Nigeria.

Urhobo the champion goal post shifters and attention seekers.

We have groups as far as Kaduna accepted in Biafra.

Yoruba are gaming to join which they eventually will end up in Biafra.

We have ardent Edo Biafra supporters all over the internet.

Urhobo are busy generating hate against the igbos.

Igbos dont forget anything.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

Yoruba are gaming to join which they eventually will end up in Biafra.

Again, I am pushed to laughter at the Irony of an Igbo IPOB youth saying Urhobos are generating hate against the Igbos! You guys already do that perfectly well for yourselves. We can't even compete with you on that one.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

Again, I am pushed to laughter at the Irony of an Igbo IPOB youth saying Urhobos are generating hate against the Igbos! You guys already do that perfectly well for yourselves. We can't even compete with you on that one.

Dat is y Yorubas are organising IPOB protest in Lagos and the Kaduna organising one in the south of Kaduna?

U really have sold the great Urhobo people very short on this site.

Igbos generally did not think their was an issue with Urhobos but u have convinced us all exceedingly well.

The only problem is wen we start, from where u stop, it becomes impossible to finish.

3 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

Dat is y Yorubas are organising IPOB protest in Lagos and the Kaduna organising one in the south of Kaduna?

U really have sold the great Urhobo people very short on this site.

Igbos generally did not think their was an issue with Urhobos but u have convinced us all exceedingly well.

The only problem is wen we start, from where u stop, it becomes impossible to finish.

LOL! Such an ironic turn of events.

In fact, where are your colleagues in Igbo "shortselling"? Pazienza, Nonaira, Ikology, Freemancipation, etc? (please mention the others)

Come and do what you guys do best here. I have been expecting you! I trust that Pazienza will come up with one new limitation of the Urhobos, and then leave the fight to be fought by Nonaira1. I enjoy sessions like this. It's been a while. Where are you guys?

CLOWNS!
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

LOL! Such an ironic turn of events.

In fact, where are your colleagues in Igbo "shortselling"? Pazienza, Nonaira, Ikology, Freemancipation, etc? (please mention the others)

Come and do what you guys do best here. I have been expecting you! I trust that Pazienza will come up with one new limitation of the Urhobos, and then leave the fight to be fought by Nonaira1. I enjoy sessions like this. It's been a while. Where are you guys?

CLOWNS!

u sure ur alright? just checking...
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

u sure ur alright? just checking...
I am alright. By the way, below is for you and your cohorts.

1 Like

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Iamzik: 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

[s]Yoruba are gaming to join which they eventually will end up in Biafra[/s].

Oga keep yoruba out of your decision.

Lack of self esteem is when you want to forcefully annex every tribe to your senseless failed cause.

Be warned

2 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Iamzik: 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

[s]Yoruba are gaming to join which they eventually will end up in Biafra[/s].

Oga keep yoruba out of your delusion.

Lack of self esteem is when you want to forcefully annex every tribe to your senseless failed cause.

Be warned
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

I am alright. By the way, below is for you and your cohorts.

SS/SE, unfortunately for u, the SS have already made their bed with the SE.

Certain things have always been a certain way and can never change.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
Even if we wanted an Igbo only state, just as u see Kaduna and Tiv requesting membership, so will our Ijaw and Ibibio brothers.

Have u seen how many times Ijaw visited Kanu.

Even the champions of NigerDelta Republic all visited Kanu.

Asari how many interview has he given as a Biafran?

3 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
This time, Biafra territory will stretch from Cross River to Lagos and Rivers to Southern Kaduna.

We will show Urhobo the Ocean wen the time comes as they will not be admitted under any circumstances.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

SS/SE, unfortunately for u, the SS have already made their bed with the SE.

Certain things have always been a certain way and can never change.

Whatever you want but always remember these and respect them:

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:
This time, Biafra territory will stretch from Cross River to Lagos and Rivers to Southern Kaduna.

We will show Urhobo the Ocean wen the time comes as they will not be admitted under any circumstances.

You are the funniest IPOB youth I've meet in a while. Please add Borno State too. Kanuris want Biafra. Infact just rename Nigeria to Biafra and all our problems will be solved.

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

Tonye, let's not get into a banter over who's the bigger "minority". Any group has a right to claim whatever and be well justified for doing so too until there comes a time when we will have a honest census in this nation.

In any case, let's not get carried away by the banter of "most populous minority" in full view of the so called "majorities". Just accept that the logic you are attempting to use in this instance is quite flawed, regardless of whether or not Urhobo is 4th, 5th, 6th or even 10th most populous ethnic group in Nigeria!
Exactly why I refused to further engage the dude that first quoted me. I saw it as a bait for Ijaw-Urhobo ebrawl...

We are all minorities but together we are majority group

2 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

Whatever you want but always remember these and respect them:

Two weeks later, him and his family were nearly killed, with some hospitalized wen his fellow Urhobo caught up to him, in his village, in Urhobo land. grin grin grin

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/16/hoodlums-attack-delta-senator-omo-agege-family-members-delta/

2 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
Fratermathy u live in Asaba but full of hate.

U hate Itsekiri, u hate igbo, u hate ijaw.

Are u a mad man or just plain greedy?

3 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

Two weeks later, him and his family were nearly killed, with some hospitalized wen his fellow Urhobo caught up to him, in his village, in Urhobo land. grin grin grin

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/16/hoodlums-attack-delta-senator-omo-agege-family-members-delta/

I guess he was nearly killed by the Urhobos who love Biafra so much that they would try to kill anyone that says no to their secret wishes to be Biafrans. Infact the UPU president and myself should be careful now so that Urhobo IPOB assassins won't locate us and murder us too.

Cc:
Efewestern
Sanchez01

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2017
Fratermathy, disclose ur identity to ur people and say any anti-Biafra comment, i dare u.

One of dem will silently plot ur death.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:
Fratermathy u live in Asaba but full of hate.

U hate Itsekiri, u hate igbo, u hate ijaw.

Are u a mad man or just plain greedy?

Such a show of desperation!

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
Always come out as a faceless group to denounce Biafra for ur own safety.

Whether u believe it or not their are Urhobo Biafrans.

If we conduct referendum, u will see their votes in black and white.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plateau State Local Government Elections Holds Today / NNPC Targets Gas Production Surge To 3bn Scuf Daily / Yemi Osinbajo Campaign Team Woo Delegates With Wads Of Cash-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.