Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President (4929 Views)

People In Jewish Attire Storm Umuahia Streets With Biafra Insignia (Photos) / Why Urhobo Can’t Be Part Of Biafra – Urhobo Leaders / Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by MONITZ: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

Tonye, let's not get into a banter over who's the bigger "minority". Any group has a right to claim whatever and be well justified for doing so too until there comes a time when we will have a honest census in this nation.

But your claim that Ijaws occupy 40% of Delta is outrightly wrong. Ijaws in Delta share a senatorial district of just 1.2m persons with Itsekiris and Isokos, of which Isokos are the most populous in that district.

Secondly, that an ethnic group is spread over states doesn't mean they have more population than others. Population density doesn't correlate with geographical spread. There may be 10 persons occupying a series of villages that spread into 20 states and on the other hand, 10,000 persons may occupy a single village in a single state. As you would agree, Urhoboland has densely populated urban areas such as Effurun-Warri axis, Sapele, Ughelli, Abraka, etc.

In any case, let's not get carried away by the banter of "most populous minority" in full view of the so called "majorities". Just accept that the logic you are attempting to use in this instance is quite flawed, regardless of whether or not Urhobo is 4th, 5th, 6th or even 10th most populous ethnic group in Nigeria!

@Fratermathy, ur list is incomplete, how abt Agbarho, Orerokpe, Udu ,Edjeba, Ekpan and Kiagbodo ?These areas re also densely populated by the Urhobo nation too.

I believe that if not for the unwritten agreement among the political gladiators in Delta State, only the Urhobo nation can go the whole hog of deciding who becomes the governor. I know they can also be found in Edo, Ekiti, Ondo, and Plateau states as migrants. Heard there re still indigenous Urhobos in Bayelsa,can anyone with an idea confirm this? Fratgermathy, Efewestern, Sanchez over to u guys..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 3:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:
Fratermathy, disclose ur identity to ur people and say any anti-Biafra comment, i dare u.

One of dem will silently plot ur death.

You are taking this too far. You should seek serious help man. Like really.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

You are taking this too far. You should seek serious help man. Like really.

Ok is dat how u want to play it. I will leave u to ur delusion.

Just beware of ur fellow Urhobo before they kill u.

Dem no go tell u anything, dey will just arrange how to package and return u back to the sender.

Some of dem are counting and hoping on Biafra.

A word is enough for the wise.

4 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Sanchez01: 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The problem I have with the article is the claim that small Urhobo with 1 senatorial district in Delta state is the 4th largest ethnic nation ahead of Ijaws (60% in Rivers, 100% Bayelsa, 40% Delta, and also in Akwa Ibom and Ondo states- undisputed 4th largest with 20million population) and the fifth largest tribe Tiv (Dominant in Benue and also present in Taraba state)

N/B
I ignore trolls
This boy again. Besides, did you mention 20 million? Ijaws, 20 million in this same Nigeria I'm done laughing! Ijaws are scattered like bird seeds but that does not support your claim.

Bayelsa is not 100% Ijaw like you claimed. There is an Urhobo speaking people in Bayelsa and I bet you don't know this. In addition, Ijaws do not constitute 30% in Delta state. You have the Urhobos and Itsekiris before the Ijaws, so where did you manufacture 40% from?

To sum it up? Those in Akwa Ibom are mere settlement dwellers and that of Ondo is but a fraction and in all honesty, I am glad you didn't cook figures for those.

While I understand you love to make noise, you are so not clearly bright enough because you wouldn't post some shocking, unverified statistics backing your Ijaw postulation.

It is the height of embarrassment for a so called Ijaw lad to claim Bayelsa is 100% Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Sanchez01: 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

Ok is dat how u want to play it. I will leave u to ur delusion.

Just beware of ur fellow Urhobo before they kill u.

Dem no go tell u anything, dey will just arrange how to package and return u back to the sender.

Some of dem are counting and hoping on Biafra.

A word is enough for the wise.
How many Urhobos do you know that are presently clamouring for Biafra?

2 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Efewestern: 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
MONITZ:

@Fratermathy, ur list is incomplete, how abt Agbarho, Orerokpe, Udu ,Edjeba, Ekpan and Kiagbodo ?These areas re also densely populated by the Urhobo nation too.

I believe that if not for the unwritten agreement among the political gladiators in Delta State, only the Urhobo nation can go the whole hog of deciding who becomes the governor. I know they can also be found in Edo, Ekiti, Ondo, and Plateau states as migrants. Heard there re still indigenous Urhobos in Bayelsa,can anyone with an idea confirm this? Fratgermathy, Efewestern, Sanchez over to u guys..

we have Ofoni people in bayelsa, they are urhobo and also there are isoko community there too..
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by IkpuMmadu: 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
But your capital is in our land , your airport is in our land and your school in our land
fratermathy:

That is not the issue at hand. Whether or not you are Igbo is your personal dilemma and has nothing to do with Urhobos, who share nothing with Igbos.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Efewestern: 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Exactly why I refused to further engage the dude that first quoted me. I saw it as a bait for Ijaw-Urhobo ebrawl...

We are all minorities but together we are majority group

grin. grin

I know how to pick my fight, I won't start any beef with you, ijaw are not my problem, sometimes I do defend ijaw and other minorities on this forum especially when some ondo folks try to underrate the ijo in ondo.

So don't take it like I want to start a fight.

yes we are all minorities and together we are the majority.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by MONITZ: 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
Efewestern:

we have Ofoni people in bayelsa, they are urhobo and also there are isoko community there too..

Nd re they much there to warrant being classified as an extension of the Urhobo nation? Thanks for the clarification of my first question anyways...
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
IkpuMmadu:
But your capital is in our land , your airport is in our land and your school in our land

We have our Warri Airport and DELSU, Abraka. Take your capital and face your front.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

We have our Warri Airport and DELSU, Abraka. Take your capital and face your front.

But Warri belongs to the Itsekiri.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Efewestern: 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
MONITZ:

Nd re they much there to warrant being classified as an extension of the Urhobo nation? Thanks for the clarification of my first question anyways...

Yes over 30,000 , ofoni is not the not urhobo village there, we have up to 5 or 6.

most re having issues with there identity as few tend to forget about their root(Urhobo)
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

Whatever you say mister.

The airport is at Osubi, Okpe Land.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

Whatever you say mister.

The airport is at Osubi, Okpe Land.

Itsekiri are Biafrans. U and i know this very well.

We will conduct referendum in Edo and Delta and take groups that are Biafrans. tongue
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Efewestern:

grin. grin

I know how to pick my fight, I won't start any beef with you, ijaw are not my problem, sometimes I do defend ijaw and other minorities on this forum especially when some ondo folks try to underrate the ijo in ondo.

So don't take it like I want to start a fight.

yes we are all minorities and together we are the majority.
Lol no mind me jare. The 40% Delta was overblown deliberately...

One love bro
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by MONITZ: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Efewestern:

Yes over 30,000 , ofoni is not the not urhobo village there, we have up to 5 or 6.

most re having issues with there identity as few tend to forget about there root(Urhobo)

@ Efewestern thanks a million...
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by MONITZ: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
Efewestern:

most re having issues with there identity as few tend to forget about there root(Urhobo)

@ Efewestern thanks a million for shedding light on this grey area...
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by successmatters(m): 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

We will conduct referendum in Edo and Delta and take groups that are Biafrans. tongue

I am Igbo and Biafran, but I reject your statement. There should be pre qualification tests to consider who wants to join Biafra. For now, those minorities should stick together and form ND republic.

3 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
successmatters:

I am Igbo and Biafran, but I reject your statement. There should be pre qualification tests to consider who wants to join Biafra. For now, those minorities should stick together and form ND republic.

Ok madam, i respect ur opinion but allow me and my Urhobo Biafran brothers finish our civilised discussion.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by nengibo: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

International land claimer, from Rivers to Delta, claiming lands from your itel phone

1 Like

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

Stop smoking that Kwale Igbo (weed) that Ishilove gave you. Just stop it already. She deceived you bro. The weed doesn't make you wise at all. It does the opposite, as your comments have been showing.

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
Fratermathy and Efewestern, we will be good Biafran brothers after ur heads get reformatted. smiley
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
nengibo:

International land claimer, from Rivers to Delta, claiming lands from your itel phone

You de mind them?

Im surprised they've not claimed Abuja yet sef.

1 Like

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:
Fratermathy and Efewestern, we will be good Biafran brothers after ur heads get reformatted. smiley

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by hammerF: 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
[quote author=fratermathy post=58983028][/quote]

These days on the internet wen u find the word Urhobo look very closely, u will find the word Biafra. wink
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by nengibo: 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
[quote author=fratermathy post=58983028][/quote]
I like dis cyanide & happiness comics

1 Like

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Ikology(m): 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
fratermathy:

LOL! Such an ironic turn of events.

In fact, where are your colleagues in Igbo "shortselling"? Pazienza, Nonaira, Ikology, Freemancipation, etc? (please mention the others)

Come and do what you guys do best here. I have been expecting you! I trust that Pazienza will come up with one new limitation of the Urhobos, and then leave the fight to be fought by Nonaira1. I enjoy sessions like this. It's been a while. Where are you guys?

CLOWNS!

It will interest you the more to know that Urhobo is never forming any republic with Igbos. Urhobo inclusion in their struggle/map might be for a cause which we that are non members are not privy to. Urhobo is a great nation and should not use IPOB struggles to belittle the great Igbo nation. Using your unions to issue statements is very understandable, however what I detest is making it sound is if you will pursued from your ancestral lands. Nnamdi Kanu movement should become a national one for progressive Nigerians desiring a change. Casting aspersions to him is not necessary because all of us desire a restructured Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by fratermathy(m): 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
Ikology:

It will interest you the more to know that Urhobo is never forming any republic with Igbos. Urhobo inclusion in their struggle/map might be for a cause which we that are non members are not privy to. Urhobo is a great nation and should not use IPOB struggles to belittle the great Igbo nation. Using your unions to issue statements is very understandable, however what I detest is making it sound is if you will pursued from your ancestral lands. Nnamdi Kanu movement should become a national one for progressive Nigerians desiring a change. Casting aspersions to him is not necessary because all of us desire a restructured Nigeria.

Well... I appreciate your civility. However, you should understand that one of the reasons why these rebuttals are seeming more common is due to the politics of the day. Stands have to be made, lines have to be drawn, allegiances have to be negotiated, etc. Those behind the statements know what they are doing.
Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Ngokafor(f): 5:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
..I wonder when tnis urhobo buzzy noise will cease....whinning like mosquitos into the ears,like seriously undecided

..I dont even remember a tribe like this super minority called urhobo exists till i read their attention-seeking noise on this forum..

..Its not their fault though,i blame Igbos who give them the time of day.

2 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Nonaira1: 6:18am On Jul 31, 2017
Did I or did I not say it?

I said it last month that by next month we would have another announcement from urhobo on how they aren't Biafrans. Never seen a tribe that is such an attention seeking wh0re like urhobo.

The funniest part of it is that after each announcement from them IPOB or any biafran group pays them zero mind. You would think that would told them they don't care or even wish to care about urhobo but no....attention seeking like a motherfucker urhobo choose...very pathetic!!

Anyway, watch Next month we'll get another announcement by them and IPOB would ignore them yet again. No be the pattern for the past 2 years now. Tufiakwa!!!

3 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Nonaira1: 6:35am On Jul 31, 2017
Ngokafor:

..I wonder when tnis urhobo buzzy noise will cease....whinning like mosquitos into the ears,like seriously undecided

..I dont even remember a tribe like this super minority called urhobo exists till i read their attention-seeking noise on this forum..

..Its not their fault though,i blame Igbos who give them the time of day.

No one gives them the time of day other than few people on NL.

Not once have any Biafran group replied them, not even ONE time despite their numerous attention seeking.

There whole "Biafrans want us" is from an outdated map made by Massob that Massob itself do not even use anymore.

That's how pathetic and desperate they are to be noticed.

Anyway next month we should get another noise from them so let's await their next attention seeking shall we

3 Likes

Re: Urhobos Have No Bond With Biafra – Urhobo Union President by Ishilove: 8:39am On Jul 31, 2017
fratermathy:

Stop smoking that Kwale Igbo (weed) that Ishilove gave you. Just stop it already. She deceived you bro. The weed doesn't make you wise at all. It does the opposite, as your comments have been showing.
I will not warn you again. Don't disparage Kwale weed. It is the most potent weed in this country angry

HammerF, sweerie, ignore frathermathy. Na jolosi dey worry am. Keep smoking that Kwale shi because it will take you to Biafra the moon and back cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Ancient city of Ibadan Aka brown roof republic. / See How The Oil Rich Port Harcourt Evacuates Waste- PICTURES / Ndudi Elumelu: PDP Reps Didn’t Meet Over Secondu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.