Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,913 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

The Nigerian Revolution - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Revolution (3580 Views)

Sowore Calling For A Revolution In Nigeria In 2012 (Throwback Video) / Nigerians Storm The Nigerian Embassy In UK, Protest Deplorable State (Video) / Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
Oga, your attempts to veer me off towards insults and name calling will not work. Keep to the points of the argument. How can you say you are accommodating me when I am paying for all the legal and illegal charges associated with my staying around you?

Simply, it's me that is accommodating you, since you may not survive without my benevolence.

There was nothing insulting in my post. First, show me the definition of 'accommodating,' which entitles you to get things for free. sad How many times have I asked you this question? Till now, you have NOT been able to provide an answer. Secondly, if you truly feel you are the one being 'accommodating,' then it is not by force to stay in the Southwest, if it upsets you so much. Relocate to the Southeast and pay levies to the touts at Onitsha, Aba, Awka and other locations in the Southeast. Why is that so hard for you to do? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by Pato5(m): 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:

Agbero, is a Yoruba word. The practice is alien to Igbos till corrupt government Which continues till today made it possible for Igbos, who were known for hard work import them into Igbo Land. Same as omonile.

There is a difference in the type of touting that happens in Lagos and the type that happens in Aba. Lagos touts are complete professional touts, they even attend touting schools.
Your last paragraph cracked me u though.
On a serious note though just see the beautiful side.
Learn to outsmart the touts and more on

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by Brooklynsouth(f): 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2017
Pato5:

Guy let me give a typical experience I had in Aba.
I went to there to mass produce a type of bag (thus promoting commerce in the great city). can u imagine that touts can along while we are loading the finished products into a truck and demanded we settle them. People urged me to do so else they will just ambush the truck and cause harm.
I'm an Igbo man who came to do business and I'm still being intimidated by my fellow Igbo man.
What do u call this
your IP is saying otherwise ,the name you used in registering your network isn't Igbo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

There was nothing insulting in my post. First, show me the definition of 'accommodating,' which entitles you to get things for free. sad How many times have I asked you this question? Till now, you have NOT been able to provide an answer. Secondly, if you truly feel you are the one being 'accommodating,' then it is not by force to stay in the Southwest, if it upsets you so much. Relocate to the Southeast and pay levies to the touts at Onitsha, Aba, Awka and other locations in the Southeast. Why is that so hard for you to do? shocked

You are the one owing us an explanation of how harassment by miscreants constituting themselves as nuisance and disturbing public peace amounts to "accommodating" anyone. Keep asking the question without making any attempt to answer the very obvious one. Keep hiding behind your finger.

And your constant warning of "relocate to the South east" is so faded and out of tune that you are sounding like a broken record, for Pete's sake, we are still being deceived that we are in a country, we have the right to remain anywhere we want and do our business, and even demand for whatever rights we need there. You cannot do anything about it. Except Nigeria dissolves, we shall remain in Lagos and do our business and a billion omoniles cannot stop us. We must push on, and we must succeed. If you don't like our presence, move to Benin republic.

I was only talking about your lies about "accommodating" because your people use it to deceive your people, not us.

8 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by Pato5(m): 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
your IP is saying otherwise ,the name you used in registering your network isn't Igbo
I don't get u??
What will I gain by claiming a false identity.
My name is Patrick and the C and O are my native name and surname respectively and are Igbo names. For sure I can't reveal my full names here.
If u think I'm not Igbo, are my points not true?
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 10:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
Pato5:
Guy let me give a typical experience I had in Aba.
I went to there to mass produce a type of bag (thus promoting commerce in the great city). can u imagine that touts can along while we are loading the finished products into a truck and demanded we settle them. People urged me to do so else they will just ambush the truck and cause harm.
I'm an Igbo man who came to do business and I'm still being intimidated by my fellow Igbo man.
What do u call this
Your friend vanbonattel will stylishly avoid your remarks, and pretend not to see it. sad He believes that touts only exist in the Southwest, and they were sent by all the people in that region, to extort money from him. I remember working for an organisation, that had branches all over Nigeria. Each time we needed cash-in-transit services to be carried out for us, we had to engage a helicopter to airfreight the cash from Aba. Loading cash into trucks under the watch of armed guards, and taking it by road to Enugu, was considered too risky. That should give you an idea of the large-scale menace of touts & lack of security, in that particular place. sad
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
Pato5:

I don't get u??
What will I gain by claiming a false identity.
My name is Patrick and the C and O are my native name and surname respectively and are Igbo names. For sure I can't reveal my full names here.
If u think I'm not Igbo, are my points not true?
You don't need to explain yourself. sad Instead of responding to the topic at hand, they will attack your identity and attempt to call you names. Simply because you do not share their perspective. Na so dem dey do! undecided
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

Your friend vanbonattel will stylishly avoid your remarks, and pretend not to see it. sad He believes that touts only exist in the Southwest, and they were sent by all the people in that region, to extort money from him. I remember working for an organisation, that had branches all over Nigeria. Each time we needed cash-in-transit services to be carried out for us, we had to engage a helicopter to airfreight the cash from Aba. Loading cash into trucks under the watch of armed guards, and taking it by road to Enugu, was considered too risky. That should give you an idea of the large-scale menace of touts & lack of security, in that particular place. sad

Where is the airport in Aba located again? grin

7 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 10:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
Where is the airport in Aba located again? grin
I never mentioned an airport. We used a helicopter to airfreight cash. Do helicopters need an airport, before they can take off and land?

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

At least, Oyenusi, Anini shina Rambo are not from Aba

7 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 10:34pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

I never mentioned an airport. We used a helicopter to airfreight cash. Do helicopters need an airport, before they can take off and land?

Liars everywhere. You have to move cash from Ana to Enugu because there are no banks in Aba that can count and forward cash to anywhere in the world?

7 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 10:40pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
You are the one owing us an explanation of how harassment by miscreants constituting themselves as nuisance and disturbing public peace amounts to "accommodating" anyone. Keep asking the question without making any attempt to answer the very obvious one. Keep hiding behind your finger.

And your constant warning of "relocate to the South east" is so faded and out of tune that you are sounding like a broken record, for Pete's sake, we are still being deceived that we are in a country, we have the right to remain anywhere we want and do our business, and even demand for whatever rights we need there. You cannot do anything about it. Except Nigeria dissolves, we shall remain in Lagos and do our business and a billion omoniles cannot stop us. We must push on, and we must succeed. If you don't like our presence, move to Benin republic.

I was only talking about your lies about "accommodating" because your people use it to deceive your people, not us.

Nah! You are the only outright liar on this thread. sad I do not owe you, jack! angry You left your hometown within your SE region, to relocate to the southwest voluntarily, not so? You set up business there, and resided there. And then turn round to claim the people in that area were NOT 'accommodating.' In order to show you where you erred, I kept asking you to define 'accommodating,' yet you failed to do so. From your subsequent comments, it was obvious that you felt being 'accommodating,' meant receiving things for free. And your error was pointed out to you.

A wise man would realise his mistakes, and backtrack. undecided But not you. You continued blaming people of the SW region, for your challenges in the hands of touts down there, as if there were no touts in your own region from where you departed, in order to seek greener pastures, in the southwest. You even went as far as to imply that no other part of the SW was accommodating. sad

It seems you just learnt this new adjective called 'accommodating.' shocked And you are on a mission to paint the SW black, because of your encounter in the hands of the touts there. That was why I asked you to relocate back to the Southeast instead of continuing to whine, here. Are you happy now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
Liars everywhere. You have to move cash from Ana to Enugu because there are no banks in Aba that can count and forward cash to anywhere in the world?
If you know any Bank Manager in any of the branches in Aba, ask them how they move cash from Aba to Enugu, or from Aba down to Lagos, especially when it is a large volume of cash.
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 10:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
At least, Oyenusi, Anini shina Rambo are not from Aba
Oh, so this is the new direction you want to take? Should I list all the criminals from your region in the SE? shocked Two can play this game....
I may not be from the SW, but I can call my Yoruba friends into this thread to supply info., on criminals from your region.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2017
Pato5:

Even within each tribe there will be sub units
Trust me separation is entirely not the solution. What you thing is a problem in the east is also a problem in the west et al.
See the unity in our diversity dear
What unity exists within us, when Hausa muslims behead unarmed innocent citizens at the slightest provocation.

Do you remember how innocent youth corpers were mudered in cold blood when Buhari lost to jonathan in the general election?

Politicians loot the country and hide their families abroad leaving the masses to suffer in abject penury. What unity exist in that?

We differ in everything and as such people with similar culture, religion and ideology should stay together.

In other words seperation is better for all, then if i come into your country i must abide by the norms and traditions of your country and obey the laws too.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 10:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
laudate:

Nah! You are the only outright liar on this thread. sad I do not owe you, jack! angry You left your hometown within your SE region, to relocate to the southwest voluntarily, not so? You set up business there, and resided there. And then turn round to claim the people in that area were NOT 'accommodating.' In order to show you where you erred, I kept asking you to define 'accommodating,' yet you failed to do so. From your subsequent comments, it was obvious that you felt being 'accommodating,' meant receiving things for free. And your error was pointed out to you.

A wise man would realise his mistakes, and backtrack. undecided But not you. You continued blaming people of the SW region, for your challenges in the hands of touts down there, as if there were no touts in your own region from where you departed, in order to seek greener pastures, in the southwest. You even went as far as to imply that no other part of the SW was accommodating. sad

It seems you just learnt this new adjective called 'accommodating.' shocked And you are on a mission to paint the SW black, because of your encounter in the hands of the touts there. That was why I asked you to relocate back to the Southeast instead of continuing to whine, here. Are you happy now?

Am happy, at least I have learnt that it is impossible to educate someone who has blocked his mind with lies.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by laudate: 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2017
vanbonattel:
Am happy, at least I have learnt that it is impossible to educate someone who has blocked his mind with lies.
Thanks for letting us all know that your own mind is blocked with lies. You have finally confirmed all what we suspected all along.... undecided

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by bolakale30(m): 3:31am On Jul 30, 2017
vanbonattel:

Let's do to this way Laudate , the South West is not accommodating to Igbos or any other tribes in Nigeria because;

1. The government of the South West states have no special polices packaged for only Igbos, they neither grant them loans to do business nor give them tax waivers because they are Igbos.

2. The indigenous people of the south west do not issue free lands or free accommodation for either temporary or permanent settlers in yorubaland.

3. There is no special hotels and bukaterias where food is given to Igbos or any other tribes in Nigeria because they are visitors.

4. I have never heard that Yoruba people give their children in marriage to visitors free of charge. Or reduce the bride price just because the husband to be is an Igbo.

5. There is no government in yorubaland that has built, completed and handed over shops to Igbos free of charge.

Now, tell me more about the word "accommodating " grin

I actually laughed hard while reading this. You are funny bro. I don't take part in the d1ck measuring contest called tribalism because it's totally pointless. As someone who was born and bred in Lagos let me point out something to you sir, the area boys menace you mentioned earlier does not affect igbos alone, even the so called indigenes dey suffer for their hand. On a lighter note, I spent almost two years in the southeast and nobody offered me all these goodies you listed here. Shall we conclude that my brothers in the east are not "accommodating"?

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by obonujoker(m): 3:53am On Jul 30, 2017
vanbonattel:

Is there any "part" of yorubaland that is accommodating to Igbos?

Yep.....
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by obonujoker(m): 3:56am On Jul 30, 2017
vanbonattel:

In your long essay, you still failed to prove the South West is accommodating to Igbos. What is it the people of the south west are doing for Igbo people to make them earn the title of "accommodating "

Please list your points serially and stop throwing temper tantrums.

Are the Igbos accommodating to other tribes?? Can a Yoruba man buy land in isiala-ngwa or in orlu??

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 6:47am On Jul 30, 2017
obonujoker:

Are the Igbos accommodating to other tribes?? Can a Yoruba man buy land in isiala-ngwa or in orlu??

Bring your money and let's go to isiala ngwa first.
But I know you are lazy and cannot venture out of your brown roof republic.

5 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 6:50am On Jul 30, 2017
bolakale30:

I actually laughed hard while reading this. You are funny bro. I don't take part in the d1ck measuring contest called tribalism because it's totally pointless. As someone who was born and bred in Lagos let me point out something to you sir, the area boys menace you mentioned earlier does not affect igbos alone, even the so called indigenes dey suffer for their hand. On a lighter note, I spent almost two years in the southeast and nobody offered me all these goodies you listed here. Shall we conclude that my brothers in the east are not "accommodating"?

The list is for those claiming south west is accommodating to Igbos, we in South east never said we are accommodating. We are business people and it's pay as you go to everyone. We don't discriminate.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by obonujoker(m): 6:52am On Jul 30, 2017
vanbonattel:

Bring your money and let's go to isiala ngwa first.
But I know you are lazy and cannot venture out of your brown roof republic.

One, I ain't Yoruba Mr.... I just want to prove to you that not everyone is bad.... I served at Abia, Osisioma..I visited a lot of places in Abia state, from isialangwa to umuahia to ohafia, bende etc.... I no what I saw...

The same way some Yorubas ain't accommodating same can be said of some igbos... and you very much know that.....

So stop all this fueling of bile.....

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by obonujoker(m): 6:54am On Jul 30, 2017
How can you say SW isn't accommodating to Igbos

This is a rubbish vague talk bro....
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 7:05am On Jul 30, 2017
obonujoker:

One, I ain't Yoruba Mr.... I just want to prove to you that not everyone is bad.... I served at Abia, Osisioma..I visited a lot of places in Abia state, from isialangwa to umuahia to ohafia, bende etc.... I no what I saw...

The same way some Yorubas ain't accommodating same can be said of some igbos... and you very much know that.....

So stop all this fueling of bile.....

Let's get back to the lies you told earlier, did you try to buy land in isiala ngwa and they rejected your money just because you are not from there.

Tell us the story since you lives there.

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 7:05am On Jul 30, 2017
obonujoker:

How do you accommodate them more than how others accommodate others in Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by obonujoker(m): 7:09am On Jul 30, 2017
vanbonattel:

How do you accommodate them more than how others accommodate others in Nigeria?

Why then are you complaining?? do you know some Benin people don't accommodate other tribes and others do... its a vice versa thing bro...
Re: The Nigerian Revolution by vanbonattel: 7:11am On Jul 30, 2017
obonujoker:

Why then are you complaining?? do you know some Benin people don't accommodate other tribes and others do... its a vice versa thing bro...

So you now agree yorubaland is not accommodating to Igbos more than other tribes do accommodate others?

Say the truth and shame the devil.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by obonujoker(m): 7:13am On Jul 30, 2017
vanbonattel:

Let's get back to the lies you told earlier, did you try to buy land in isiala ngwa and they rejected your money just because you are not from there.

Tell us the story since you lives there.

I don't need to buy a land there now, when I m not based there..... In some houses, they don't rent to other tribes too over in the east... is it a lie??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by obonujoker(m): 7:17am On Jul 30, 2017
vanbonattel:

So you now agree yorubaland is not accommodating to Igbos more than other tribes do accommodate others?

Say the truth and shame the devil.

I can't say... As for me being a non Yoruba, they have been greatly accommodating... I work in a Yoruba man's company, I schooled in Yoruba land etc.. Igbos have business in Lagos, in Ibadan, even purchased lands in faraway Ogun state.... maybe the you see it is different from mine though.....

My only anger with the Yorubas is their hypocrisy, untruthfulness and envy....

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by Theleutenant: 7:23am On Jul 30, 2017
laudate:

Why? Should I have said every part, when that is not the case? Some of us deal with facts. Others like you, deal in exaggeration.

Share your experience in the east, please. I am sure it would enlighten some people.
. the east part is the one that got ur attention most. so that you can ridicule the igbos you love to hate. i don't know why ur life is so filled with hatred toward the igbos but i tell you this , it all end up here on nairaland. you can never match up with an Igbo man. you will continue to be an urchin that you are and you will die of this hatred if you don't change

you are the worst Igbo hater in this forum,to even think that you are just one jobless omoale from ogbomosho makes the one thing more annoying.

onye ara

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Revolution by rainylad(f): 7:28am On Jul 30, 2017
obonujoker:

..This is the Dictionary meaning of 'accommodation' cos i do not think you and your SW brothers knows what it means..
1)To provide housing for,to furnish with something desired,needed or convenient.
2)To do a favour or service for,to oblige.
3)To give consideration to;to allow for
4)To contain comfortably;to have space for..

..Now mr man,can the above be said to what yorubas do for Igbos or any non-yoruba tribe??...

..The truth is that Nigerians are not ACCOMMODATING to any tribe that is not their own,it is purely business....Pay money for land,rent,housing,office spaces,shops(which the sellers desperately need to sustain themselves undecided) and stay..or else scram!

..That is what yorubas does..yet will be the first to spew trash about being 'accommodating....Like @vanbottel said,your claims are just like a hotel owner who claims to accommodate clients who pay for his /her services..
..how twisted is that?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Official Nairaland Support Thread For Donald Duke 2019 / Idrith Garba Kareka Reelected As Speaker, Jigawa Assembly / President Buhari Seen Sleeping In Russia (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.