Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Can We Stop The Fast Declining Of The Straight GSD? - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Can We Stop The Fast Declining Of The Straight GSD? (2938 Views)

1 Year Old Straight Back GSD Needs New Owner. Not For Sale. / ALL SOLD 8 Month Female Slant And 11 Months Straight Gsd And 3 Month Male Pitb / How Do We Stop Dog And Cat Nipping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Stop The Fast Declining Of The Straight GSD? by olisafincy(m): 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2017
miremoses:
i sense a serious argument coming up between u and Mr olu,i hope it doesnt lead to quarrel. Btw i like Robby.,try and work him more often.
He is working, the only person who knows he is working is me and the person who selectively bred his resulting to Robby.
Re: Can We Stop The Fast Declining Of The Straight GSD? by oluomoadebayo: 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
olisafincy:

Get one and give it a job that's why o got mine, some are buying because guard and security purpose.
Everybody has a purpose of buying a dog, one thing I know is certain, the dog is a weapon in the wrong hand.
when people request for a DDR GSD they know what they are coming for its not for play around.

Goodluck.
Re: Can We Stop The Fast Declining Of The Straight GSD? by olisafincy(m): 7:19am On Aug 15, 2017
oluomoadebayo:

Goodluck.
Thank you sir
Re: Can We Stop The Fast Declining Of The Straight GSD? by Perciel: 11:08am On Aug 15, 2017
oluomoadebayo:

The problem is not with people or breeders of slant bank in this country but with people with the so called DDR or other working breeds. It makes no difference when your goal is to keep your dog on the leash but release for security at night. We need to take it to them the reason DDR is better by showing off our workout routine either by pictures or videos, this will give more awareness other than showing a nice dog on the chain.

You mentioned workout videos, have any available or online? would love to see, thinking of getting a Mali or DDR, I know what they require of course and they match purpose at hand....
Re: Can We Stop The Fast Declining Of The Straight GSD? by olisafincy(m): 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
Perciel:

You mentioned workout videos, have any available or online? would love to see, thinking of getting a Mali or DDR, I know what they require of course and they match purpose at hand....
Goodluck
Re: Can We Stop The Fast Declining Of The Straight GSD? by olisafincy(m): 12:00am On Aug 16, 2017
Perciel:

I use to be mad about malinois when I saw Kongo the malinois here on Nairaland, then after my deep search on Google I came to know about the DDR GSD from their I shifted my attention to this DDR GSD ,few months later after another deep search I ran into someone who breeds DDR GSD in Nigeria and even very close to me. The rest is now history, I'm a proud owner.
Re: Can We Stop The Fast Declining Of The Straight GSD? by oluomoadebayo: 9:02am On Aug 18, 2017
Perciel:

What is the purpose at hand? You need to do your research beyond breeds because loads of shit malinois, DDR, Czech line gsd are out there. You need to define your goal and get a dog from a specific bloodline to serve the purpose. It's risky buying a working dog at random.
PM me and I will share few workout info with you.

Re: Can We Stop The Fast Declining Of The Straight GSD? by starstunna1313(m): 11:20pm On Sep 03, 2017
PAQ:
You made sense, a sense known by some of us too but of no effect to the dying gsd of old. The emergence of the slant back gsd did not start here in Nigeria, its was influenced by breeders abroad for showmanship.

Max Von Stephanitz is the German breeder who is considered the "father" of GSD, and in his book he descibed the GSD to have a back that is straight and powerfull, curvature of the spine diminishes the power of endurance and speed.

GSD loyalist now call slant backs a dog in front and frog in back. As years go by the gsd gets even more slanted. Other breeds of shepherd dogs have maintained their straight form over the years, and many are still working dogs, unlike the GSD that has gone from a shepherd dog to a police dog, army dog, lap dog, show dog etc leading to many breeding practices trying to alter what was an already perfect breed.

Here in Nigeria, the GSD is the most bastardized breed. So people looking forward to owning a GSD look out for only slant backs as a standard for pure breed. The Alsatian is also a GSD, but created in America. The breeder wanted a larger bulkier looking GSD with a straight back. That remains an option for straight back GSD's.

Am not a dog breeder but am still happy mine is a working straight back gsd... Slant backs looks weird to me

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / [PICS] Superb Adult Male German Shepherd Dog For Sale!!! / Pls Can Someone Help Identify This Breed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.