Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise (15842 Views)

Port Harcourt Is Originally Borokiri Not Igwuocha As IPOB Claims / Army’s Python Should Dance In Israel Where Kanu Is, Not Igboland – Ohanaeze / "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Amarabae(f): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
nengibo:
So it also shouldn't be an Asa woman's business
period. All these ethnic jingoism, a symptom of a backward country.
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by chubinwa(m): 1:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
nextdoor84:
All this nonsense will come to an abrupt end in no time...All igbo and igboid communities will be united and never to be dispersed again.
Etched is Igbo
Ekpeye is Igbo
Omuma is igbo
Ndoni is igbo
Ndoki and asa are igbos
Ikwerre is igbo
Egbema is igbo
Ogba is igbo
Opobo is igbo. Cos king jaja and his descendants own it...if you are an ijaw man living there, you are just a tenant!!

don't know we still have intelligent ppl like u.

4 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by GodIsBiafran: 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

How did I fall for another afonja masquerading as We SS

He is from Kogi state don't mind him.

5 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by AtlanticBreeze: 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
Amarabae:
I know ikwerres well like the back of my hand.
My point is that Whether an ikwerre claim or deny being Igbo, it should not be an Ijaw man business.
Btw, is it not recently that Kalabari people started claiming ijaw, because back then when growing up, kalabari people hardly claim ijaw but rather just kalabari.
What about Epie-Atissa people in Bayelsa? I know some people from that area.
They are not fully claiming ijaw.
Some of them see themselves as a seperate tribe.
So sort yourselves out in the ijaw tribe, let the Igbos sort themselves out.
Degema people also deny they are part of calabari, A degema man will nearly lynch you if you call him calabari, thats why I tell people I rather talk about rivers state based on ethnicity. Me I dont even like Ikwerre people, I dont like when someigbos try to force them as igbos

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by nengibo: 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
Amarabae:
period.
All these ethnic jingoism, a symptom of a backward country.
Yes, but it's also as a result of people like the Op who keep spreading falsehood and hate online & offline, so accord blame to who it is due
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by AtlanticBreeze: 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

He is from Kogi state don't mind him.
I've been in nairaland long enough to know afonjas masquerading as WE SS. As soon as Ekinematics responded to my comment. I knew the ewedu guzzler is one

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by nengibo: 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

I listed all the groups in Rivers that share in Port Harcourt. It is basically a no mans land.

Any metropolis that size ought to be a no mans land.
Its not a no mans land, una don finish with Lagos athink
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by nengibo: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

I've been in nairaland long enough to know afonjas masquerading as WE SS. As soon as Ekinematics responded to my comment. I knew the ewedu guzzler is one
Yes oh Rivers men don't have voice its only igbos that will speak for us, drug guzzler

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by AtlanticBreeze: 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
obailala:
Why do people never get tired of this same endless argument?

Port-Harcourt is owned by the Ikwerres. To me, Ikwerres (just like the Aniomas) are pure Igbos, to the rest of the world, Ikwerres are pure Igbos. But then, the Ikwerre man claims and strongly believes he isnt Igbo, they even take offence when people refer to them as Igbos. So who are my to argue with them?... They arent children so why must this argument persist endlessly?
Exactly my point, I get ashamed when I see igbos arguing these, making this Ikwerre's feel we cant do without them. I have lived in Rivers for a long time and I think igbos should pander to the tribes that accept their igboness and leave Ikwerre alone for God's sake!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by hammerF: 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
nengibo:

Its not a no mans land, una don finish with Lagos athink

It is only a foolish man dat lives his private residence to lay claim to a metropolis. Some metropolis have even graduated to global cities.

U find people from every part of the world living there.

U are very foolish.

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by AtlanticBreeze: 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
nengibo:

Yes oh Rivers men don't have voice its only igbos that will speak for us, drug guzzler
where are you from in Rivers, answer before I engage your ewedu clogged brain grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by GodIsBiafran: 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
nengibo:

Yes oh I am a land grabber that made Opobians and Ibani people in general members of all Ijaw groups,and also installed an Amanyanabo & his Alaapu council,
Are you not the same idiot that was arguing with Opobo indigens about being Ijaw on facebook, they digraced u dere now you have come to nairaland

This Edo man will you gerrout of this thread! Its none of your business. Go and play with your Afonja/Itshekiri cousins.

3 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by hammerF: 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
AtlanticBreeze:

Exactly my point, I get ashamed when I see igbos arguing these, making this Ikwerre's feel we cant do without them. I have lived in Rivers for a long time and I think igbos should pander to the tribes that accept their igboness and leave Ikwerre alone for God's sake!!!!!!

Some Ikwere people will tell u dey are Igbos and others will say Ikwere. If it was an apple, do u throw dem all away becos some u consider bad?

Igbo nationalism is on the rise becos of this type of confusion caused by the Biafra war. U are going to see a more aggressive resurgence of igboness in the coming years.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by nextdoor84(m): 1:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
Amarabae:
My point is that Whether an ikwerre claim or deny being Igbo, it should not be an Ijaw man business.
Btw, is it not recently that Kalabari people started claiming ijaw, because back then when growing up, kalabari people hardly claim ijaw but rather just kalabari.

Don't mind this ijaws....
ogbia is not ijaw
Yenegoa is not even ijaw
Bloody identity grabbers....in their own books..once you live on water or by waterside you automatically pass for an ijaw...time will tell!!

3 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2017
Amarabae:
Madam stop saying what you don't know. Kalabari is a clan, Ijaw is the tribe. Ijaws are fond of identifying with their clans because it shows where they belong. The claim of every Ijawman is traceable. While Growing up, I always say I'm Okrika but it doesn't mean I don't know that Okrika is Ijaw. A Kalahari man is a Kalabari man, an Okrika man is an Okrika man, likewise Ibani man. They are 101% Ijaw. No time has ANY Kalabari man ever said he isn't Ijaw. I have first cousins from Amachree family...

When did they tell you that? Would you mind joining the Ijaw Community on FB and post this to see reactions from the people from the clan?

You have to understand the difference between a clan and a tribe(nation). I am Okrika (clan) of Ijaw (tribe).
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
nextdoor84:

ogbia is not ijaw
Yenegoa is not even ijaw
Bloody identity grabbers....in their own books..once you live on water or by waterside you automatically pass for an ijaw...time will tell!!
So even Jonathan isn't Ijaw? Hahahaahahahaha

What's your name on FB, I'll like us to sample Opinion amongst the people cheesy
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by AtlanticBreeze: 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

Some Ikwere people will tell u dey are Igbos and others will say Ikwere. If it was an apple, do u throw dem all a way becos some u consider bad?

Igbo nationalism is on the rise becos of this type of confusion caused by the Biafra war. U are going to see a more aggressive resurgence of igboness in the coming years.
I lived in Ikwerre long enough, majority will tell you they are not igbo, only a few minority accepts to be igbo. Let this minority spread the campaign themselves and not igbos from outside Ikwerre. There are strong igno ethnicities in Rivers like Etche, Ahoada, Omuma, Oyigbo etc that we can pander to. This ikwerre debate is taking the shine off other igbo ethnicities in Rivers. I urge all igbos to stop this nonsense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by nextdoor84(m): 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

So even Jonathan isn't Ijaw? Hahahaahahahaha

What's your name on FB, I'll like us to sample Opinion amongst the people cheesy

Lets meet in PH or anywhere bro...even if it's in Abuja I will be there next week...if it's Lagos, that's my second home...

I sabi ogbia wella...the indigines will tell you they are not ijaws...they accept that tag for convenience and nothing more!!
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by es144000: 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

It is good that you argue intelligently and not unintelligently. You run to Wikipedia when nobody will accept it for intellectual discuss except there are facts to back up.

What does Ikwerre people Italk of themselves?

The Ogbakor Ikwerre Convention, a cultural organization of Ikwerre people, in a paper presented to the Human Rights Violation Commission headed by Rtd. Justice Chukwudifu Oputa on 10 October 2001, said:“Ikwerre ethnic nationality is not and has never been a sub-group of any other tribe in Nigeria including Ndi-Igbo. There is no doubt that the advent of the British and later regionalization put Ndi-Igbo at the helm of affairs in Eastern Nigeria. This brought Ndi-Igbo into Ikwerre land. In course of time, the Igbo took advantage of their position in the then Eastern Regional Government to grab land in Ikwerre and occupy political positions such as the mayor of Port Harcourt. In the process, Ikwerre along with other minority groups were marginalized and driven to the background.”

RUMUOMASI Deceleration of Ikwerre People

" … in their meeting at Rumuomasi in 1965 the Ikwerre had, under the umbrella of a highly promising new body that was to get the Ikwerre together as a people of new and clearer vision, they had declared themselves as a people of the distinct identity of Ikwerre Ethnic Nationality - not Ibo, not Ijo, not anything else but Ikwerre, Iwhnurọhna. This was the historic Rumuomasi Declaration of 1965 (G.O.M. Tasie, 2000).

Just like Ogoni people have Ogoni Bill of Right, Ijaws have Kaiama Declaration, Urhobo have theirs same with Efik ans Ibibio, so is Ikwerre.

I'm not aware that anything has changed.

So which group in Rivers claim to be Igbo?
It was the same thing in sapele before the civil war where igbos acquired properties and had streets with igbo names but sfter the war the names were changed.If the war had not happened they would have been laying claim to sapele. It is their way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by AtlanticBreeze: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
nextdoor84:

ogbia is not ijaw
Yenegoa is not even ijaw
The bold is very valid. Many people don't know that GEJ is an ogbia man not iJaw. lol

4 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by FisifunKododada: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
hammerF:

I listed all the groups in Rivers that share in Port Harcourt. It is basically a no mans land.

Any metropolis that size ought to be a no mans land.

I hope my so called liberal Yoruba people are paying attention to this thread. I am very uncomfortable with Igbos have large communities in the SW. Because, it is only a matter of time and they will start saying - 'no mans land' 'Port Harcourt is Igbo land' 'parts of Lagos is Igbo land' etc. These people are the problem with Nigeria. The earlier we wake up and smell the coffee the better.

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by greatiyk4u(m): 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Lol who are these people that claim Igboness? I am sure nobody will stop anybody from being what they want to be.

Amechi Rotimi for instance confirmed to be an. Igbo man in one of the presidential campaign rallies in Enugu where he challenged the GEJ that claimed Azikiwe nomenclature to speak Igbo if he has one

My dear, it is not about location but cultural similarities......whatelse makes one an Igbo if not speaking Igbo dialect as a native language?

Fulanis scatter all over Africa yet they are still fulani

What is the difference between Afam from river state and AFAM from anambra state?

4 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Agbaletu: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
Amarabae:
They are not fully claiming ijaw
You are very correct. I once referred to one of our staff as Ijaw and she politely told me that she is Epie and not Ijaw, but they are all under the umbrella of Ijaw.

2 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by AtlanticBreeze: 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
nextdoor84:

Lets meet in PH or anywhere bro...even if it's in Abuja I will be there next week...if it's Lagos, that's my second home...

I sabi ogbia wella...the indigines will tell you they are not ijaws...they accept that tag for convenience and nothing more!!
Now I know you are a thoroughbred Rivers man. Ignore TonyeBarcanista jumping from one party to another. His arguiung this shows he does not know anything about iJaw, Jonathan is an ogbia man, not ijaw. there is also a major conflict of identity between Degema people in Kalabari and Kalabari people.

4 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by AtlanticBreeze: 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2017
FisifunKododada:

[s]
I hope my so called liberal Yoruba people are paying attention to this thread. I am very uncomfortable with Igbos have large communities in the SW. Because, it is only a matter of time and they will start saying - 'no mans land' 'Port Harcourt is Igbo land' 'parts of Lagos is Igbo land' etc. These people are the problem with Nigeria. The earlier we wake up and smell the coffee the better.[/s]
do your worst
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-says-sanusi-lamido-sanusi/

3 Likes

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:50pm On Jul 30, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Amechi Rotimi for instance confirmed to be an. Igbo man in one of the presidential campaign rallies in Enugu where he challenged the GEJ that claimed Azikiwe nomenclature to speak Igbo if he has one
Where is the link that Amaechi said he is Igbo?

2. Irrespective of 1, has the Position of Ikwerre Apex body and their Rumuomasi Declaration changed? (Check page 0 for it)

Meanwhile, I await the link

My dear, it is not about location but cultural similarities......whatelse makes one an Igbo if not speaking Igbo dialect as a native language?
What's makes one Igbo or Yoruba is not by speaking the dialect, it is by heritage... #Blood!!!

Fulanis scatter all over Africa yet they are still fulani

What is the difference between Afam from river state and AFAM from anambra state?
The Fulanis are Fulanis not because they speak Fulano language but because they have common ancestry. If a group in Mali says they are not Fulani even though their language appear Fulani, then the man from Kano has no business disputing it. Allow people define themselves not you doing for them, that's honorable.
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
nextdoor84:

meeting you is like meeting every Tom Dick and Harry.

You are neither am Ijawman nor an Ogbia man. What purpose will meeting you serve other than a few drinks and fish?

Why don't we move to FB and ask Ogbia people? Lol

Again, you don't know difference between a CLAN and a tribe
Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
es144000:
It was the same thing in sapele before the civil war where igbos acquired properties and had streets with igbo names but sfter the war the names were changed.If the war had not happened they would have been laying claim to sapele. It is their way.
My brother how man go do na?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by dudebuck: 1:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

meeting you is like meeting every Tom Dick and Harry.

You are neither am Ijawman nor an Ogbia man. What purpose will meeting you serve other than a few drinks and fish?

Why don't we move to FB and ask Ogbia people? Lol

Again, you don't know difference between a CLAN and a tribe
Barca the great keyboard warrior

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by Pharaoh9(m): 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
You are talking of 1959 when there was Igbo dominated Eastern Region.

Meanwhile as far back as 1912, the Ijaws (Okrika) signed the first treaty with the British for the establishment of Portharcourt. A second treaty was entered with Rebisi Chiefs (Ikwerre) (brokered by Ijaws) in 1913. That was prior to amalgamation.

Go and collect it back oga Sir if you aren't satisfied with the status quo

You signed the 1st treaty with mouth?
Abeg come with prove, did any clan from the East renamed any Village there? What was the name

1 Like

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
FisifunKododada:

I hope my so called liberal Yoruba people are paying attention to this thread. I am very uncomfortable with Igbos have large communities in the SW. Because, it is only a matter of time and they will start saying - 'no mans land' 'Port Harcourt is Igbo land' 'parts of Lagos is Igbo land' etc. These people are the problem with Nigeria. The earlier we wake up and smell the coffee the better.
But e don tey way dem ipob declare Lagos a "No Man's Land" na. Na Kano, Warri and Benin be next

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igwuocha (port Harcourt) Is Not Igboland? Now these pics confirm otherwise by AkinPhysicist: 2:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
FisifunKododada:

FK wa worry ara e. Eboes are our wives. We have been re-setting their flatskulls since pre-independence. We flogged them in Akure when they decided to act a fool. You saw the way they humbled themselves when we told them they would be thrown into Lagos lagoon. No matter how loud a dog is, it can never over-power its owner. We own Eboes and they know it. Let them try dat nonsense they are trying in Port Harcourt in the SW and see how Sango/Ogun will use their flat heads for calabash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Akin Ogunbiyi Rejects Osun Pdp Primary Result / Why Does Southeast Have Most Tall Residential Buildings? / FG Refuses To Appeal Ruling Against Kashamu’s Extradition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.