Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does (26050 Views)

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) / Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by spacetacular(f): 12:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
johnydon22:
perhaps

as are obviously saving our time debating who is allowed to criticize religion or not

Below answer of yours answers this perfectly

Can a religious person also claim that his religious beliefs and ideas proves the existence of God?

You and I cannot deny people always use religion to ferry God, to deny this is to live in denial.

So if a theist can use religion to argue for God, someone else can also do same to argue against it.

The fair jurisdiction is: if an atheist cannot use religion against God when in such an argument centered around religion and God then a theist cannot use religion for God.

An atheist cannot use religion to argue against God simply because religion holds NOTHING against God!

For an atheist to use religion to argue against God they would need to dwell on fantasy and assumptions neither of which are scientific facts.

Which still brings us back to the fantasy world of atheists. Right here we have read atheists use fantasy to explain away God and you wonder why you should not dwell on religion as an atheist? It reveals your fantasy filled lives.

Dwell on God in isolation and present your scientific findings which rule out God. Can you do this without touching religion?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by johnydon22(m): 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2017
Oh God!!!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by CatfishBilly: 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
johnydon22:
Oh God!!!
grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hahn(m): 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2017
johnydon22:
Oh God!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hopefulLandlord: 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
johnydon22:
Oh God!!!
cheesy cheesy
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
johnydon22:
perhaps

as are obviously saving our time debating who is allowed to criticize religion or not

Below answer of yours answers this perfectly

Can a religious person also claim that his religious beliefs and ideas proves the existence of God?

You and I cannot deny people always use religion to ferry God, to deny this is to live in denial.

So if a theist can use religion to argue for God, someone else can also do same to argue against it.

The fair jurisdiction is: if an atheist cannot use religion against God when in such an argument centered around religion and God then a theist cannot use religion for God.

Let's be honest here bro . You've watched debates between atheists and theists - with theists like Dr Craig , Alvin Platinga , John Lennox etc and atheists like Lawrence Krauss , Richard Dawkins etc involved . No one mentions the bible , visit DrCraig's website where talks about theism philosophy and science @ reasonablefaith.com I don't think you'd see any question concerning God from an atheist answered with a bible quotation or religious talk but when its from a religious person , he does so to reveal or explain the bible's position on that issue raised .

You don't discuss religion with an atheist , its not necessary since atheism does not question religion just God . As a Christian , I bring the bible when an atheist makes a claim that should involve using the bible .

Give me an example of a religious person using religion to prove God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
spacetacular:

An atheist cannot use religion to argue against God simply because religion holds NOTHING against God!

For an atheist to use religion to argue against God they would need to dwell on fantasy and assumptions neither of which are scientific facts.

Which still brings us back to the fantasy world of atheists. Right here we have read atheists use fantasy to explain away God and you wonder why you should not dwell on religion as an atheist? It reveals your fantasy filled lives.

Dwell on God in isolation and present your scientific findings which rule out God. Can you do this without touching religion?

I think atheists can't do without talking about religion . They employ religious skepticism(which does not question the existence of God) because it makes it feel like atheism has more to offer than just lacking the belief in deities .

Atheism is empty , it focuses on the existence of deities , its gets emptier when you realize that it just rejects deification , it is not even a philosophical or scientific position that warrants arguments , logic or science . grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
felixomor:

An atheist is never aware of his own assumptions.

True

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by johnydon22(m): 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Let's be honest here bro . You've watched debates between atheists and theists - with theists like Dr Craig , Alvin Platinga , John Lennox etc and atheists like Lawrence Krauss , Richard Dawkins etc involved . No one mentions the bible , visit DrCraig's website where talks about theism philosophy and science @

I am sure they do. This is Bill Nye on the Noah's story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe0rCrkh_oA

The direction of an argument takes depends on the premise presented, if the theist arguing brings up a biblical or Quranic argument, an atheist or agnostic can attack that head on during refutation.

You can't be talking of Jesus rising from the dead and I am busy talk about Quantum fluctuations.

reasonablefaith.com I don't think you'd see any question concerning God from an atheist answered with a bible quotation or religious talk but when its from a religious person , he does so to reveal or explain the bible's position on that issue raised .
if you reveal or explain the Biblical position on the issue raised. Can't someone then perhaps atheist or agnostic based on that premise attack that biblical perspective?

Its simple bro.

You don't discuss religion with an atheist , its not necessary since atheism does not question religion just God .

Are we going to pretend like we dont know some religions are dependent on the concept of God and some aren't?

As a Christian , I bring the bible when an atheist makes a claim that should involve using the bible .

Should the atheist now quote Einstein's relativity in reply to your biblical connotation?

Give me an example of a religious person using religion to prove God

There are several of such threads here on nairaland who ever have time can dig it up, in fact we also have threads directly telling the atheist "You are going to hell"

We shouldn't even be having this discussion.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by felixomor: 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I think atheists can't do without talking about religion . They employ religious skepticism(which does not question the existence of God) because it makes it feel like atheism has more to offer than just lacking the belief in deities .

Atheism is empty , it focuses on the existence of deities , its gets emptier when you realize that it just rejects deification , it is not even a philosophical or scientific position that warrants arguments , logic or science . grin

Aptly Put.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by spacetacular(f): 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

They would never get this simple point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
johnydon22:
I thought we have established the fact that one can talk about religion independent of the premise of Gods existence.

Someone might just want to be a religious skeptic, aren't they free to be anymore?

are they not allowed to be religious skeptics?

If they are allowed then on what ground are we raising the alarm.

There is a symbol in Catholic liturgy, a ship and a sea. This symbolizes that the church is a ship that ferries humans across the sea of worldly attachments to heaven.

So an atheist attacking the concept of God may do so often due to the fact that the concept of God is always ferried across a ship of religion at least in theism.

I'm sure if he wants to attack deism he won't also bring up the Quran or veda as points to use.

We are about heading back to where we started

thread closed.
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by 4kings: 2:28pm On Jul 31, 2017
Seun:
What do you believe? (I'm not familiar with your position).
Freethinking deist. grin
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by johnydon22(m): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
4kings:

Freethinking deist. grin
tags are no longer my thing
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by spacetacular(f): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

thread closed.

In such an insightful discussion this is all you could say? How did that put an end to the discussion when it's shown to be prematurely said.
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
cheesy it is what what I have to say.
spacetacular:

In such an insightful discussion this is all you could say? How did that put an end to the discussion when it's shown to be prematurely said.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by 4kings: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
johnydon22:
tags are no longer my thing
abi, na why i put "freethinking", so i wont get misunderstood.

Still going through the thread so far i'm seeing talks on religion instead of GOD.
What's your opinion on Personal and Impersonal Creator?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hahn(m): 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

1. Which superhuman is worshiped in religions like Unitarian Universalism , Confucianism , Jainism, Buddhism , Raelism ?

2. Atheists have been part of the aforementioned since atheism is the rejection of the deification of an entity . E,g Steve Jobs was atheist Buddhist , Sir Tim Berners-Lee is a religious atheist who is part of Unitarian Universalism

3. The deists totally reject religion (revealed theology) . Revealed theology brings about theistic religions and this is what the deists reject .They focus on natural theology .

4. There are atheists who acknowledge the existence of the First Cause but reject its deification

5. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism_and_religion

6. There are occult groups that atheists are part of . Eg LaVeyan Satanism - which is totally atheistic . There are also atheist witches in Wicca and Chaos magic
https://www.quora.com/How-should-I-practice-witchcraft-being-an-atheist

Please research on these things before putting forward a rebuttal . Discard that erroneous belief that atheism rejects religion because there are atheists who are in religion , witchcraft , occultism and deism is without religion .

Pardon me Bubu, but if atheists should discuss god and not religion then which god exactly should we discuss about?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by superhumanist(m): 3:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

This is the reason why this thread was created. When you have atheists like seun and this other guy believing that questioning religious books and religion means questioning God grin

They are right technically.
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by STUPUDTHEISTS: 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
superhumanist:

They are right technically.

You really can't blame ebuka. Can you?

He's just a servant of Yahweh trying to shut down the biggest critics of his Bible god Yahweh, which happened to be the atheists. The thread was borne out of frustration. Wicked atheists giving him sleepless nights. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by STUPUDTHEISTS: 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
Who's hiding my damn post? I didn't break no rule man.

I think it all makes sense why 'em crybaby theists whinge on this thread about atheists critiques on their mythologies. They are tired of seeing atheists pointing out the ridiculousness of their Bible based god. Watching your precious guarded belief being pummeled by the savage atheists can be heartbreaking. I understand why they have to open a stupid thread and cry out their hearts. Lol

Everybody has the right to critique any idea, theist or non-theist. Frankly speaking, I think this is just another useless thread from the cry baby Christians. We've not seen a Moslem on this thread so far.

The title of this thread should be, "Atheists please stop criticizing my Bible mythology."

4 Likes

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2017
hahn:

Pardon me Bubu, but if atheists should discuss god and not religion then which god exactly should we discuss about?

Atheism is actually pretty simple, just follow the theist wherever he leads you . Theists deify anything , so your job as an atheist is to reject the deification . You don't even need a reason for the rejection, just do it.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by STUPUDTHEISTS: 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
I've seen many atheists but I do not know of any who can endure theists' idiocy like Johnydon22.

Dude can romance with dogmatic and close-minded theists who aren't giving a single mess for his own argument.

I wish he can stop sparing his minutes on all these Yahweh's servants with preconceived belief.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2017
STUPUDTHEISTS:
Who's hiding my damn post? I didn't break no rule man.

I think it all makes sense why 'em crybaby theists whinge on this thread about atheists critiques on their mythologies. They are tired of seeing atheists pointing out the ridiculousness of their Bible based god. Watching your precious guarded belief being pummeled by the savage atheists can be heartbreaking. I understand why they have to open a stupid thread and cry out their hearts. Lol

Everybody has the right to critique any idea, theist or non-theist. Frankly speaking, I think this is just another useless thread from the cry baby Christians. We've not seen a Moslem on this thread so far.

The title of this thread should be, "Atheists please stop criticizing my Bible mythology."

I'm yet to see any atheist refute my position on this thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
STUPUDTHEISTS:
I've seen many atheists but I do not know of any who can endure theists' idiocy like Johnydon22.

Dude can romance with dogmatic and close-minded theists who aren't giving a single Bleep for his own argument.

I wish he can stop sparing his minutes on all these Yahweh's servant with preconceived belief.

Seun , why are we theists being insulted openly in such a crass manner. I feel bullied , I'm hurt emotionally. please do something about this , I'm really sad .
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by STUPUDTHEISTS: 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Can a deist discuss religion?
Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2017
spacetacular:

My sister, na cheerleaders be that . HopefulLandlord and his ilks , that's all they do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hahn(m): 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is actually pretty simple, just follow the theist wherever he leads you . Theists deify anything , so your job as an atheist is to reject the deification . You don't even need a reason for the rejection, just do it.

That does not answer my question. I will ask again in case you missed it the first time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by hahn(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

That does not answer my question. I will ask again in case you missed it the first time

And also why have theists been unable to agree on ONE god? (Just had to throw this in)

Hopefully you will be able to read this and respond accordingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
STUPUDTHEISTS:

Can a deist discuss religion?

Of course , religious skepticism is inherent in deism . Deism naturally questions religion .

But religious skepticism is not atheism neither does it question God's existence , so why are atheists obsessed with it .

This is a pretty simple question

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does by CatfishBilly: 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

What has Johny been doing since?
You're yet to refute his last post.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe / Is It Right To Pray Before Having Sex With Your Boyfriend/girlfriend? / Keion Henderson Gives His Mother An SUV (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.