Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

"goodluck" What A Name To Have? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "goodluck" What A Name To Have? (728 Views)

If Buhari Turns Goodluck?? What's The Way Out / Question For Jonathan Goodluck: What Kind Of Economy Are We Running In Nigeria?? / If You Were Gov Amaechi Or President Goodluck What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"goodluck" What A Name To Have? by blacksta(m): 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2010
"Goodluck Jonathan is being thrown up by fate and circumstances to assume power, following the absence of his boss. In Bayelsa state, he completed then Governor Alamiyeseigha's tenure, after the Governor ran into EFCC trouble and gaol. The stage now seems set for his emergence as Acting President. How lucky can a man get?"

I have decided to name my first born " Good Luck"
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by muhsin(m): 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2010
blacksta:

"Goodluck Jonathan is being thrown up by fate and circumstances to assume power, following the absence of his boss. In Bayelsa state, he completed then Governor Alamiyeseigha's tenure, after the Governor ran into EFCC trouble and gaol. The stage now seems set for his emergence as Acting President. How lucky can a man get?"

I have decided to remain my first born " Good Luck"
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by blacksta(m): 3:55pm On Feb 09, 2010
ol boy u no get the joke " i meant name" Yoruba is my first language.
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by snowdrops(m): 4:57pm On Feb 09, 2010
blacksta:

I have decided to name my first born " Good Luck"
So if the next president is named atutupoyoyo, would you also do that?
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by blacksta(m): 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2010
snowdrops:

So if the next president is named atutupoyoyo, would you also do that?

if it guarantees my children would move from assistant gov to gov and then vp to presido
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by egift(m): 6:48pm On Feb 09, 2010
Like Obama, many will start naming it more often. I was a great fan of Obama - I don't think of following your steps. He is very lucky though.

http://www.
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by snowdrops(m): 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2010
blacksta:

if it guarantees my children would move from assistant gov to gov and then vp to presido

A name guarantees nothing. You will become what you make of that name.
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
nigerians and "hand of God" superstitions
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by blacksta(m): 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2010
no problem
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by Udobass: 9:55pm On Feb 09, 2010
Take it or leave it, there is something in a NAME. GOODLUCK, Na wa for you-o
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by dominique(f): 10:08pm On Feb 09, 2010
Udobass:

Take it or leave it, there is something in a NAME. GOODLUCK, Na wa for you-o

you are so wrong there. a name is just a means of identification. besides, i believe there are other people out there in the world bearing that name. what if one of them is an armed robber, is that who you want your child to be named after?
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by Udobass: 10:14pm On Feb 09, 2010
you are so wrong there. a name is just a means of identification. besides, i believe there are other people out there i the world bearing that name. what if one of them is an armed robber, is that who you want your child to be named after

Y ou only believe there r other people out there bearing the same name, but we r talking abt a man whose name is goodluck and God is my witness, he has good luck. Dont presume, wake up and face reality.
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by dominique(f): 10:26pm On Feb 09, 2010
Udobass:

Y ou only believe there r other people out there bearing the same name, but we r talking abt a man whose name is goodluck and God is my witness, he has good luck. Dont presume, wake up and face reality.

but thats the only person named goodluck we know. what if there are others and their credentials are not so enviable. will you still want yo name your kid after that?
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by tundewoods(m): 10:53pm On Feb 09, 2010
dominique:

you are so wrong there. a name is just a means of identification. besides, i believe there are other people out there in the world bearing that name. what if one of them is an armed robber, is that who you want your child to be named after?

@
I think you are the one that is so so wrong ! undecided Did i hear you say what's in a name ?
Why not try giving an offspring the name Lucifer to find out
Re: "goodluck" What A Name To Have? by dominique(f): 10:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
^^^ there are just some names common sense should tell you not to name your child. if you do nko? have you heard anything happen to anybody bearing any particular name.?
but naming your child a particular name because you expect something out of him/her.
name the child Goodluck then, dont educate, dont mentor, dont nurture him and expect that one day he will become president. shior. tongue

(1) (Reply)

Phcn Cable Kills Over 50 People In Port Harcourt / Goodluck Was A Dud Even From His Day As A Governor / Pdp Signs N11.5b Contract For Secretariat Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.