Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Lagos Police Detain, Starve Seven- Month Pregnant Woman Over N50 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Police Detain, Starve Seven- Month Pregnant Woman Over N50 (343 Views)

8-Month Pregnant Woman Chops Off Her Husband's Penis - Graphic Pictures / 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out / Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Police Detain, Starve Seven- Month Pregnant Woman Over N50 by Entvibez(f): 5:43am On Jul 31, 2017

A pregnant pepper seller on Hassan Ogunlana Street , Ijaiye , Lagos State, has been traumatised after she was thrown into a police cell for reporting an assault on her.

The woman , Iyabo Taiwo , had lodged a complaint at the Meiran Police Station against a resident, identified simply as Simon, aka Best , who allegedly pushed her into a drainage channel .

We learnt that the case was , however, turned against her because Simon was a relative of a senior officer at the station.

Our correspondent was told that Simon had bought some red peppers from the woman last Monday and was supposed to collect N 50 change.

It was gathered that Taiye went to visit her ailing husband at a hospital the following day and did not open shop.

The woman said hardly had she arrived at the shop on Wednesday with fresh stock when Simon came to collect the change .

She stated that she told him to come back for the change, but he suddenly resorted to force and started taking her goods .

The 30-year- old woman , who spoke with our correspondent in Yoruba, said, “I explained to him that I had used all the money on me to buy peppers and begged him to give me little time to sell so that I will give him the change.

“ But he dipped his hands into a basket to pack some peppers . So, I held his shirt. He freed himself from my grip and threw me into a gutter . I went to report at the Meiran Police Station and some policemen followed me to arrest him .

“ On getting to the station, he spoke in English and Igbo with a police officer. Then, a policeman told me that some people beat him (Simon) and that I would be detained until they arrest those people. Simon was told to go.”

SOURCE====>>>> http://webvibez..co.ke/2017/07/lagos-police-detain-starve-seven-month.html?m=1

Cc; Mynd44. OAM4J
Re: Lagos Police Detain, Starve Seven- Month Pregnant Woman Over N50 by satelliteDISH(m): 5:51am On Jul 31, 2017
When they did it, they were called Nigerian Police Force. Now that they are called Nigerian Police am very sure that they will not do it again.

Re: Lagos Police Detain, Starve Seven- Month Pregnant Woman Over N50 by nextprince: 6:02am On Jul 31, 2017
I sympathise with her because of her condition, though I don't believe the story completely, some cut and join dey inside

Btw, I don't understand when she said Simon spoke in English and IGBO, in the "zoo" police?

If this were to be between a Hausa man and a Hausa police officer, certainly, some potor goats would have been here bleating zoo zoo zoo upandan.
Re: Lagos Police Detain, Starve Seven- Month Pregnant Woman Over N50 by Biggty(m): 6:13am On Jul 31, 2017
The Nigeria Police is one of the biggest problems of this country
Re: Lagos Police Detain, Starve Seven- Month Pregnant Woman Over N50 by Larryfest(m): 6:51am On Jul 31, 2017
Nigerian police doing what they know how to do best....

(1) (Reply)

How To View Crime From Individual, And Not Ethnic Group Or Political Party / Another Of Governor’s Ortom Aides Killed, Wife Shot / Family Of Slain 8-year-old Girl Demands Justice, As Police Re-arrest Killer In J

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.