Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 (4460 Views)

DPR: Nigeria’s Oil Reserves Will Run Dry In 49 Years / Donald Duke Will Become The President Of Nigeria One Day / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by ProjectNaija(m): 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2017
rusher14:

[b]Though the Obudu ranch was built well before his coming, he forged a workable partnership with private investors as managers. It gradually became a romantic site of visit as a result.

Water - the area of rural water supply was one in which Duke excelled. Not only did he provide handpumps to communities that suffered issues of electrification he also provided solar powered pumps in such place as the Afi Ranch in Buanchor, Northern Cross River.
It is worthy to note many a fire service station was without potable water, this he provided complete with overhead tanks and generators in most cases within his state.

Wildlife conservation - Prior to his governing of the state, most apes were hunted with reckless abandon. Hid government ensured edicts were made and it is now illegal to be found with the remains of Pandrilus monkeys and Gorillas which were a common feature in the past.

Culture and tourism - we all know about the annual carnival in Calabar which he's been a great ambassador of. It has provided the platform for many artistes to mingle with their fans, it fosters peace in the community whilst putting Calabar on the bucket list of revelers during the yuletide season.

Rural electrification - many communities were without connection to the national grid - no poles, no cables, no transformers. I can recall travelling from Ogoja to Calabar having been away for a little while only to be greatly surprised by a community on the Highway just before Ikom which had previously been anonymous to me, being sufficiently lit to encourage a new night life brimming with activity.

He established Crutech made up of well spreadout campuses along the length and breadth of the state, ensuring that other parts of Cross River benefited from the commerce, warmth and educational upliftment associated with such institutions.

Agriculture - I'm aware of a castor seed project which he championed for his state. The present status of the castor seed project is not known to me.

He was charismatic, forward thinking and certainly a visionary.

He works with a level of sophistication which the country desperately needs.

Can he be elected? Not likely - except he makes the ticket as the vice, by so doing, putting his name in the consciousness of the electorate. [/b]

Nice write up but the list of Donald's duke achievements go way beyond this. I will start a new thread on the "Donald Duke Legacy". His numerous achievements in cross rivers state will be well articulated there.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
989900:

Akuyili is the best by a long mile. We all miss her.
Life is cruel: Akuyili is late, but Diezani is alive
. sad

Akuyili's patriotism and intelligence is unrivaled -- if alive, I would have voted for her ahead of any of my other favourites. In my view, she is a younger, female, more detribalised, refined, PhD version of PMB (they are both patriots and less corruptible by far).

About Donald, I don't think he is weak ( OBJ actually passed over him for the IB cause he knew Duke was no pushover). That said, I think any Lagos state governor, even Marwa is a better fit than Donald ( no love lost for the Duke though -- he is still one of my favourites).

Does this include tinubu ?

I hope your view isn't biased ?
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
ProjectNaija:

Nice write up but the list of Donald's duke achievements go way beyond this. I will start a new thread on the "Donald Duke Legacy". His numerous achievements in cross rivers state will be well articulated there.

But pls add it here I totally agree with you, I strongly feel Donald duke is so underrated by Nigerians and i just don't know why

Is it because he isn't considered one of the major tribes ?
I am Yoruba but this really annoys me the way people easily ignore this brilliant mind

Please add it here so all can see the milestones this humble gentle man achieved without undue noise

I read a post where someone said all Lagos past governor's are better than him

Such things annoy me
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by Viking007(m): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2017
ProjectNaija:
As it stands today, Donald Duke is probably the best presidential material we have in this country as he stands heads and shoulders above his peers and contemporaries in terms of experience, performance, intellect, track record and orientation. I will not only vote for him but use my resources to campaign massively for him.
1000% in support. He is the only politician I can boldly go out and campaign for.
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by freshest4live: 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2017
This man almost succeeded in making Calabar the next tourist destination in Africa aside Kenya. Wehdone Sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
ProjectNaija:

I strongly agree with you but please instead of creating a new thread add it here so we can all benefit

I saw a rubbish comment on the first page where someone said all past governor's of Lagos are far better presidential candidate options than this gentle man and it annoyed me

I mean why do we Nigerians under rate this man ?

He is the most underrated past governor's in this country

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by nengibo: 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
NeeKlaus:
As long as he picks Peter Obi as his running mate, then it's all good. Let's see if Obi's purported frugality can move this country forward.
President & vp from the south?
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by 989900: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lakeside79:

Does this include tinubu ?

I hope your view isn't biased ?

Yes, it does include Tinubu (though I think we need younger candidates for the job) , he set the platform on which the new Lagos now operates (from IGR of barely N15b in 1999 to N320b in 2016, GDP of less than $30b to $136b in 2016), brought on and groomed talents, you can accuse him of wanting some for himself and all, but he delivers.

About bias, I don't get your drift: it's just opinions (my opinion tendered with reasons) doesn't necessarily make it the 'should be', nor reality.
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by obonujoker(m): 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
We the Yoruba Muslims prefer Buhari.... we will speak against your southern candidates in our mosque...

Insha Allah...
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by slimfit1(m): 5:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lakeside79:

Beautiful

Can you see this ? slimfit1

A local government chairman can do all this man

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by Sagay212: 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2017
I will gladly campaign and vote for him. He will make a good, sound and diplomatic president unlike some old school MFs who don't know how to unite and carry their followers along.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by kodded(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
Lakeside79:

But pls add it here I totally agree with you, I strongly feel Donald duke is so underrated by Nigerians and i just don't know why

Is it because he isn't considered one of the major tribes ?
I am Yoruba but this really annoys me the way people easily ignore this brilliant mind

Please add it here so all can see the milestones this humble gentle man achieved without undue noise

I read a post where someone said all Lagos past governor's are better than him

Such things annoy me
tribalism is the oder of the day my brother, imagine one silly little thing is already saying he prefers fashola to duke

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by kodded(m): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
[s]
slimfit1:

[/s] yes we know he is not fit to rule Nigeria because he's not from your tribe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by mank1234(m): 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2017
If I ask what that problem is, I'm sure your answer will be corruption. Corruption wasn't a problem in Cross River because he understood that economic emancipation, religious and ethnic tolerance and education heals a society of corruption.

What you're canvassing for is someone who will jail corrupt politicians. That is backward thinking. Will that stop others from looting? Does capital punishment deter robbers? Fighting corruption is costly and the success of it is unpredictable.

What we need is a forward thinking president. A president who will block loopholes in our processes. One who will make Nigeria a destination for tourism, technology and development. Before 1999, calabar wasn't such a destination.

Again, if you know him well you'll know that he's not a man-pleaser. He just minds his business.

slimfit1:

We need a leader that can fight our challenges he can't too sweet. He would want to please everyone like Jonathan. We need someone fresh not him. Fashola as low as I rate him is far more better than him.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by mank1234(m): 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
slimfit1:

Your local government chairman abi?
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by NeeKlaus: 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2017
nengibo:

President & vp from the south?
South South and South East, does that look like a bad combination??
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 01, 2017
mank1234:
If I ask what that problem is, I'm sure your answer will be corruption. Corruption wasn't a problem in Cross River because he understood that economic emancipation, religious and ethnic tolerance and education heals a society of corruption.

What you're canvassing for is someone who will jail corrupt politicians. That is backward thinking. Will that stop others from looting? Does capital punishment deter robbers? Fighting corruption is costly and the success of it is unpredictable.

What we need is a forward thinking president. A president who will block loopholes in our processes. One who will make Nigeria a destination for tourism, technology and development. Before 1999, calabar wasn't such a destination.

Again, if you know him well you'll know that he's not a man-pleaser. He just minds his business.

Just ignore him it's seems his points are purely sentimental and tribal

Truthfully Duke would be the best president nigeria has ever had

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by SalamRushdie: 12:06am On Aug 01, 2017
989900:
One of my favourites.

My favourites (not in any particular order):

Fashola
Peter Obi
Osinbajo
Donald Duke
Tinubu
Ambode
Obiano
Kachikwu
Sheu Sani
Amosun
Ali (customs)

P.S. The above might not necessarily be election winners, but they are proven performers, some known for their frankness and frugality.
I kinda believe though that for the country to move forward in terms of nationwide development you need someone who has handled the more tribally diversed states with high GDP -- their job experience fits the job description . . . if any multi national were hiring for this position, they wouldn't look past them Lagos boys (ex Lagos state governors).

#opinion

Something must be wrong with you for listing Fashola who is our worst power minister ever
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by 989900: 4:12am On Aug 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Something must be wrong with you for listing Fashola who is our worst power minister ever

The above is the problem with you guys on NL, you can never pass your comments without abuses . . . unfortunately, it only makes you come off as . . .

Why must something be wrong with me for stating "my opinion", everyone here stated theirs, these are just opinions, the best you could have done is disagree with facts (unless you don't have any concrete one).

Ironically, if you've been following, you will know that Fash has so far been the best performing Minister of Power, best minister of works and housing this country as ever had, and of course arguably one of the best state governors this country has ever had.

If you need further proof, I'll provide, I posted some topics about this earlier.

You can as well present your case against Fash too -- that's how people air public opinions intelligently, and knowledge shared.

I do have a few things against Fash too, ATEOTD, it's all about trading horses and going with the best devil you know.

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by WhoRUDeceiving: 4:15am On Aug 01, 2017
989900:
One of my favourites.

My favourites (not in any particular order):

Fashola
Peter Obi
Osinbajo
Donald Duke
Tinubu
Ambode
Obiano
Kachikwu
Sheu Sani
Amosun
Ali (customs)

P.S. The above might not necessarily be election winners, but they are proven performers, some known for their frankness and frugality.
I kinda believe though that for the country to move forward in terms of nationwide development you need someone who has handled the more tribally diversed states with high GDP -- their job experience fits the job description . . . if any multi national were hiring for this position, they wouldn't look past them Lagos boys (ex Lagos state governors).

#opinion

Poor list, and poor zoo
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by 989900: 4:17am On Aug 01, 2017
WhoRUDeceiving:

Poor list, and poor zoo

It will be great to see yours.
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 01, 2017
Lakeside79:

Are you kidding me ?

Please outline his failings as a governor let the rest of us learn something undecided

So who is better ? Buhari again?

Okay tell us your preferred candidate ?
undecided
Donald Duke owns Admirality towers in Ikoyi which he purchased during his tenure as Governor. We don't need another looter as President.
http://saharareporters.com/2008/07/11/open-letter-efcc-investigate-donald-duke

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by WhoRUDeceiving: 4:22am On Aug 01, 2017
989900:

It will be great to see yours.

My list is the following:

TO HELL WITH ELECTIONS IN THE NIGGER AREA..

Happy?
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by 989900: 4:54am On Aug 01, 2017
WhoRUDeceiving:

[s]My list is the following:

TO HELL WITH ELECTIONS IN THE NIGGER AREA..

Happy[/s]?
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by ucheo: 4:59am On Aug 01, 2017
This man grounded Cross river state till date with huge debt on his failed Tinapa projects. All the LGAs signed off more than 15 years allocation on that..Banks that reneged to give loan for the project based on their analysis were blacklisted.
Serious hunger dey for CRS till date due to his bogus projects...lets leave what we read here oo and pay a visit to Calabar pls...he wan finish Nigeria with grammer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by nengibo: 5:13am On Aug 01, 2017
NeeKlaus:

South South and South East, does that look like a bad combination??
How would you like a North east & North central combination?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by SalamRushdie: 7:09am On Aug 01, 2017
989900:

The above is the problem with you guys on NL, you can never pass your comments without abuses . . . unfortunately, it only makes you come off as . . .

Why must something be wrong with me for stating "my opinion", everyone here stated theirs, these are just opinions, the best you could have done is disagree with facts (unless you don't have any concrete one).

Ironically, if you've been following, you will know that Fash has so far been the best performing Minister of Power, best minister of works and housing this country as ever had, and of course arguably one of the best state governors this country has ever had.

If you need further proof, I'll provide, I posted some topics about this earlier.

You can as well present your case against Fash too -- that's how people air public opinions intelligently, and knowledge shared.

I do have a few things against Fash too, ATEOTD, it's all about trading horses and going with the best devil you know.

Abeg no vex ..I was just passed I hadn't had electricity for over 24 hours and I came across your comment

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by emerged01(m): 7:17am On Aug 01, 2017
NeeKlaus:
As long as he picks Peter Obi as his running mate, then it's all good. Let's see if Obi's purported frugality can move this country forward.
Donald Duke and Peter Obi as his running mate?!!!! Are u sure u live in this country?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 01, 2017
989900:

You need not sell BRF to me , I am an unrepentant die hard fan of his, but to go as far as saying he had been the best minister of power is flawed ...

Facts do stand to show prof Nnaji who served under the legendary ineffectual buffoon was the best .

BRF may have been an awesome governor but to conclude that also makes him perfect to be president is wrong

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 01, 2017
ucheo:
This man grounded Cross river state till date with huge debt on his failed Tinapa projects. All the LGAs signed off more than 15 years allocation on that..Banks that reneged to give loan for the project based on their analysis were blacklisted.
Serious hunger dey for CRS till date due to his bogus projects...lets leave what we read here oo and pay a visit to Calabar pls...he wan finish Nigeria with grammer?

Can you please back up this bogus allegations with facts ?
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by 989900: 8:28am On Aug 01, 2017
In just 2 years, with 1 year's full budget . . . and an obstructive and self-serving legislature.
If things were El Dorado before Fash, then we can discredit him. Dude met tons of unfinished-money-eaten-projects.

https://www.nairaland.com/3881840/why-fashola-certified-super-minister
Re: Breaking News : Donald Duke Will Run For President 2019 by Amarabae(f): 8:31am On Aug 01, 2017
I don't fancy him for that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Should Surrender And Handover Himself To The Military / PDP To Military: Remain Gallant In Securing Nigeria / VIDEO: Again, Fulani Herdsmen Cause Havoc In Igangan, Slaughter Police Officers,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.