Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened (105055 Views)

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by 0b100100111: 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
Run Run Run

Woman wey u never marry

If u later marry her, you definitely will see worst!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Abbeyme: 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
If you have not yet married her, she might not be the wife.

You might be wife, waiting to happen on Saturday
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by victorazy(m): 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day fellow NL,

Please judge this case. Last week thursday my sister inlaw visited me and my wife from NYSC camp. I was shocked when I welcomed her because it was no ordinary visit. she came with a full ghana must go. We greeted and I got to know that she escaped from camp due to the tough tasks on camp. My wife never told me her sister was coming to stay. We have lived amicably till yesterday.

My lil cuzin that stays and helps us with chores was mandated by her to cook 2 big pots of water for her to bath. I scolded my cousin and told her why didnt she use the electric kettle so as to save gas which we just replaced with 6k. I now gave her a warning that whatever my inlaw wants that she should ask me 1st. I even got to know that my wife lied to me that her parents knew she left camp. My wife heard our conversation and started antagonizing me that why did I tell my cuz to always ask me b4 she obeys her sister. she was shouting at the top of her voice even my inlaw could hear. This angered me and I shouted back and told her to leave my room. she continued shouting and even slept in the sitting room as I slept alone.

This afternoon while working on my computer for hours I came out of the room only to find out my sister in law has packed her things back to her NYSC camp without telling me but my wife knows....I am slatted to officially do my white wedding next saturday. I just feel down because we quarell too much and my wife talks in a domineering way. I have warned her about it and I do not want to turn a woman beater. Any quarell we have she tells her parents and siblings which make them never free with me and act cold towards me. Damn it! pls advice me

Is your house, the way you want it is the way it will be. Man is the head but you can disobey God and chose to be tail grin na your choice.

Your in-law packed her things and your thinking about it? Is good to be matured before getting married.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Waspy(m): 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2017
I don't think both of you are temperamentally compatible. Weigh your strengths and weaknesses and see if you guys can last 3 years together happily, before its too late

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by omerta07(m): 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
Richy4:
You did what u feel was right @ that moment...

Your sister inlaw was a classy young woman too I must say, she left when she was supposed to..Maybe She never knew her coming will be a problem,maybe she felt her sister will sort u out...But she got it wrong.. Some ladies would have stayed even when they knew they were not welcomed..

If u have a younger bro, or Sis, just expect a cold welcome from your wife anytime they step into your house..it will never be forgotten...

U mistakenly broke an unwritten code that most women held with high esteem especially from the Eastern part of Nigeria....They always want to show that they are comfortable in their husband's house and their relatives are welcome to stay for sometime..I guess that was why she was mad @ u

Just say u were sorry bro.. with a peace offering like earring, or perfume etc.
The "unwritten code" also states you should not inform your hubby before your family comes calling?
These two people obviously have NOTHING together...

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Acidosis(m): 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
ststyreal:

If I were to be your wife, marriage don end be that. You are too womanish, habaaaa kilode! Person no fit come your house in peace. @Op you are too stingy and a nagger at the same time, complaining of gas because of common water, na waoooooo.

grin grin grin
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by cnc(m): 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
Richy4:

Your sister inlaw was a classy young woman too I must say, she left when she was supposed to..Maybe She never knew her coming will be a problem,maybe she felt her sister will sort u out...But she got it wrong.. Some ladies would have stayed even when they knew they were not welcomed..

If u have a younger bro, or Sis, just expect a cold welcome from your wife anytime they step into your house..it will never be forgotten...

U mistakenly broke an unwritten code that most women held with high esteem especially from the Eastern part of Nigeria....They always want to show that they are comfortable in their husband's house and their relatives are welcome to stay for sometime..I guess that was why she was mad @ u

Errm, what exactly is he saying sorry for? A woman that has no respect for her 'soon to be' husband isn't ready to be a wife. Even if she had issues with his actions, her reactions were all shades of WRONG... RUBBISH...
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Aragon: 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
And for how long do you think you can last with quarrels? Cos you are Definitely going to Divorce so why marry in the first place? Don't go into any Wedding or Marriage when you have all the Signs that it won't last? First thing is to put off the White, Blue or Green Wedding and work with this woman untill you are ready

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Helentwitty: 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day fellow NL,

Please judge this case. Last week thursday my sister inlaw visited me and my wife from NYSC camp. I was shocked when I welcomed her because it was no ordinary visit. she came with a full ghana must go. We greeted and I got to know that she escaped from camp due to the tough tasks on camp. My wife never told me her sister was coming to stay. We have lived amicably till yesterday.

My lil cuzin that stays and helps us with chores was mandated by her to cook 2 big pots of water for her to bath. I scolded my cousin and told her why didnt she use the electric kettle so as to save gas which we just replaced with 6k. I now gave her a warning that whatever my inlaw wants that she should ask me 1st. I even got to know that my wife lied to me that her parents knew she left camp. My wife heard our conversation and started antagonizing me that why did I tell my cuz to always ask me b4 she obeys her sister. she was shouting at the top of her voice even my inlaw could hear. This angered me and I shouted back and told her to leave my room. she continued shouting and even slept in the sitting room as I slept alone.

This afternoon while working on my computer for hours I came out of the room only to find out my sister in law has packed her things back to her NYSC camp without telling me but my wife knows....I am slatted to officially do my white wedding next saturday. I just feel down because we quarell too much and my wife talks in a domineering way. I have warned her about it and I do not want to turn a woman beater. Any quarell we have she tells her parents and siblings which make them never free with me and act cold towards me. Damn it! pls advice me
first,op I want to let u know sth.. it's wrong to tell your little cousin to ask u first before doing what your sister in law wants... mahn!!!! that's not good.... because of gas I know things are hard but u would have called this girl and talked to her like her elder bro..she go respect you pass... leave kitchen matters for the ladies biko! I'm not in support of your wife shouting at u but biko,check yourself too. if anybody mention me ehn... your name na dog

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Ashyks01(m): 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day fellow NL,

that's women for u
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by mikeycharles(m): 6:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
please what do you mean by "domineering", do you expect her to bow down to you and obey your every word. she's your partner not your servant and BTW you sound like a self centered person

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by thorpido(m): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
You're both not matured enough for marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Rett0: 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
For crying out loud you caused the trouble. You didn't respect your wife enough talk less of her sister. You are supposed to inform your wife about what her sister did. Your wife is to caution her Sister. Talking to your cousin is indirectly telling her to disrespect your Sil. This is like setting your house ablaze. I've been married for years and I can advice. As a gentle man respect your in-laws and your wife should learn same.

About not telling you that her Sister was visiting, a simple bedroom talk of 'ha sweetheart you didn't tell me' would have solved that. I hope you won't feel bad if she reacts same way when your siblings come unannounced.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Montaque(m): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
Op, just learn the lesson and move on with ur marriage. Learn to agree everything first with ur wife before issuing orders, so that u two can present a united front.
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by opacity(m): 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2017
coolcatty:
U need to stamp your feet down.... Personally I will advise you to halt the wedding plans for now... The woman in question is domineering... Insulting, I can bet she is ungrateful too and doesn't respect you... Trust me you will eventually be forced to beat her and the society will brand you a woman beater...

The signs are all there... There is no respect for you from your woman and her family.... People have been in this kind of situation and are regretting it.

Pls halt the wedding for now.
gbam!!
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by kingrt2(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
Dude that's the modern day woman, always a pain in the @$$. You are even having it easy if it were some after that quarrel you would be the one sleeping in the parlour while she enjoys the bed. The thing is that nowadays if you want peace just let them have their way a times.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by mayoor15(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
jashar:
you're not yet married.
you're living together.
your 'future sister-in-law' even had the effrontery to pack load and come stay with you guys.
her parents know you're not yet married and they let another child of theirs come and live with you.
there's a young child also living with you and getting certain impressions.
Na wa ooo...
Think OP is igbo and must have done traditional wedding, his white wedding is the one coming up
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Sultty(m): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day fellow NL,

U r a man and do not need to be petty, when ur Lil cousin used gas u should have told her codedly to use electricity whenever power is restored. Well as for ur wife do be surprised that how most women behave they always like to be in control and act childish. Basically it's all ur fault,ur in-laws will now dislike u

4 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by ipio(f): 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jahblessme:
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Gosh!! where do i start from What kind of local story is this?

1. Your wife should have discussed with you first before her sister visited you both-she was very wrong but everything after that made you look so petty.You were counting water used to bathe and asking your cousin helper to report to you first? If she wants to eat eggs will that also be reported to you?Do you also measure yam with ruler in your house?
Your actions have sown a very bad seed - belittling your SIL & your wife.I do not blame your wife for being very angry but she should have cooled off first and expressed her annoyance to you without flaring up.

Just a quick question OP,if your sister visits and your wife tells your little cousin to report to her first before doing anything she asks for nko?How would that sit with you?Just know your wife will never forget,be ready for your siblings to recieve the same hot soup grin

Yes,you should have been told before her sis landed ,but the deed had already been done.You should have controlled yourself instead of acting like a miserable being.What did your SIL do wrong?she probably thought she was coming to visit human beings who would treat her well not knowing her husband is a hot water measurer
Best approach would have been to discuss the issue with your spouse quietly.See disgrace! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Your wife raised her voice,you raised your own too,asked her to leave your room.'Yoour Room'??!!! i thought you both are married? I cant even believe what i'm reading here.
In the same sentence you talked about not wanting to be a woman beater.I do not see any reason why beating should come into this abi you normally beat or you were raised by a beater?Violence should not be an option.ah ahhh!!!

Both of you displayed shameful behavior and i don't blame your SIL for leaving,you disgraced her infront of your cousin helper,you disgraced your wife,your wife as disgraced you & you have made her feel unwelcome. Tueh
She will go and tell the story to family members who already don't like you and you will officially enter hate list with tattered reputation.

Please do the world a favour and delay this wedding till you both learn to behave like adults.

If you want to be the leader of your home you must learn to conduct yourself with dignity and self respect.You have to lead by example.
Discussions can be had without raising of voices.If your wife starts to shout,tell her you won't listen till she calms down and addresses you like an adult.I also expect her to do the same to you.That way you both will learn to trust each other and start building your little unit,she will also stop seeing the need to tell every little deed to her family as you will become her best friend and confidante.

Normally you should be in honeymoon phase but you people are already acting like cat and dog.
Good luck o.

By the way the way you worded little cousin and 2 big pots are you trying to imply that the girl is too little to do chores in general or specifically chores for SIL? If she is little,ideally she shouldn't be in your home doing housework.

This is so on point, I agree with almost everything here, needn't I say anything more
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Ohislee(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
Your problem would be solved if both of you would agree to go for marriage counselling. Atleast 2months counselling. It's obvious you guys don't know what marriage is all about.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by victorazy(m): 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
ststyreal:

I understand the fact that she didn't inform him before coming but then, she is here already, why not pretend for even a second because this person in question is now a family member, who might be of help to them someday, especially when his wife is pregnant or about putting to bed, she will need a sister to assist and be by her. These are some of the things he should have considered or thoughts of before reacting the way he did. Any way, God knows the best.

My sister, is like you didn't really get the fact. The issue there is not that the inlaw visited, but first, his wife lied to him and secondly she is too lazy to do how chores not even to boil her water in therefore turning his cousin to a house help. Momon..... me I no go take it easy o because me no look anybody face.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
Why some people can't tolerant there in laws ?
Its so bad. if that lady were to be your sister will you act like that...your own cousin is there but you don't want to see any of her own people.
Please go and beg your wife and also call d sister and beg her

When you marry someone ...you have also married her families too.

Remember treat others the way u want to be treated.

One day you might be in a situation like that

Buhari, see wentin recession don cause grin

3 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Ayanfeoluwaoba(f): 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
From the post, you will understand they have already done the Traditional wedding which means the bride price has been paid. I might be wrong though.

yomi007k:

So u prefer dey get married n later get a divorce?

I don't concur. If it was me, I wud postpone the wedding.
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Elcuba: 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jahblessme:
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Gosh!! where do i start from What kind of local story is this?

1. Your wife should have discussed with you first before her sister visited you both-she was very wrong but everything after that made you look so petty.You were counting water used to bathe and asking your cousin helper to report to you first? If she wants to eat eggs will that also be reported to you?Do you also measure yam with ruler in your house?
Your actions have sown a very bad seed - belittling your SIL & your wife.I do not blame your wife for being very angry but she should have cooled off first and expressed her annoyance to you without flaring up.

Just a quick question OP,if your sister visits and your wife tells your little cousin to report to her first before doing anything she asks for nko?How would that sit with you?Just know your wife will never forget,be ready for your siblings to recieve the same hot soup grin

Yes,you should have been told before her sis landed ,but the deed had already been done.You should have controlled yourself instead of acting like a miserable being.What did your SIL do wrong?she probably thought she was coming to visit human beings who would treat her well not knowing her husband is a hot water measurer
Best approach would have been to discuss the issue with your spouse quietly.See disgrace! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Your wife raised her voice,you raised your own too,asked her to leave your room.'Yoour Room'??!!! i thought you both are married? I cant even believe what i'm reading here.
In the same sentence you talked about not wanting to be a woman beater.I do not see any reason why beating should come into this abi you normally beat or you were raised by a beater?Violence should not be an option.ah ahhh!!!

Both of you displayed shameful behavior and i don't blame your SIL for leaving,you disgraced her infront of your cousin helper,you disgraced your wife,your wife as disgraced you & you have made her feel unwelcome. Tueh
She will go and tell the story to family members who already don't like you and you will officially enter hate list with tattered reputation.

Please do the world a favour and delay this wedding till you both learn to behave like adults.

If you want to be the leader of your home you must learn to conduct yourself with dignity and self respect.You have to lead by example.
Discussions can be had without raising of voices.If your wife starts to shout,tell her you won't listen till she calms down and addresses you like an adult.I also expect her to do the same to you.That way you both will learn to trust each other and start building your little unit,she will also stop seeing the need to tell every little deed to her family as you will become her best friend and confidante.

Normally you should be in honeymoon phase but you people are already acting like cat and dog.
Good luck o.

By the way the way you worded little cousin and 2 big pots are you trying to imply that the girl is too little to do chores in general or specifically chores for SIL? If she is little,ideally she shouldn't be in your home doing housework.

Nice!
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Elcuba: 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
Jahblessme:

Am i supposed to take the sabi sabi as insult? grin
Why should he undermine his wife in such a manner?His wife yelled,yes but where did she 'command' him?
I believe that when people get obsessed with control issues they are usually insecure.
If you are confident in yourself ,make logical decisions and act mature,you will earn and command respect without uttering a sound.

Very nice!
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
Richy4:

Thy Neva marry her
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Saint83(m): 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
Op, it's obvious that you didn't study your wife domineering spirit before engaging her for marriage.... Please I would advice you postponed the wedding until this is settle because if you ahead to marry her and this very issue is not settled, your marital life won't remain thesame....i doubt if divorce won't creep in.

Settle it before marriage oo, I have told you o
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by kuverah(f): 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
You are the reason your in-laws behave coldly towards you. If you have this cheap mentality of knowing everything your sister-in-law does from your cousin then you are a pin in the throat to everyone that stays around you. I find it very strange to hear this from a man cos I know most men open the door of their houses to both Thier relatives and in-law. There are some situation that we find ourselves that will make us to visit some relatives without notification as she said escaped because of hardship in the camp. Your wife is just trying to protect her family that's the reason she is domineering. Please try and tolerate some things.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by RuffRuggedRaw(m): 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
Plankton2017:
Good day fellow NL,

Shu Bobs!

Put that wedding on hold for now!!
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by addikt(m): 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
Just know that she's showing you just 30% of her characters at the moment as you're not fully married ....PREPARE FOR THE WORSE WHEN YOU GUYS FINALLY GET MARRIED , NO BE CURSE BUT REALITY .....#YOUR DECISION, YOUR CHOICE#.....make sure you can deal with whatever you accept all your life , it could make you live longer and also shorten your life ...

Just my piece of akara for you.
Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Orpe7(m): 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
Wetin come white for the wedding again. When u don dey sample d lamba grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Sister Sneaked Out Of NYSC Camp & Came Into Our House, This Happened by Eluwilussit(m): 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
yomi007k:

So u prefer dey get married n later get a divorce?

I don't concur. If it was me, I wud postpone the wedding.

Op is overreacting. You are wedding next week and you don't expect your wife's sister to come over? What nonsense. They are sisters for goodness sake.

If you are not hapy to see your in-laws a week to your wedding, then something is wrong. I know it is usually stressful just before the wedding, especially with the current economy. Nevertheless, one would expect his wife's people and friends to show up a week before wedding.

The woman should dump the guy sef. Kudos to the corper for behaving more mature than the two. I can't judge the bride to be, since we haven't heard her side of the tori.

If you ain't ready to marry her with the baggage that comes with her, then go look for an orphan or marry Oyibo. grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / How You Can Use Bitter Kola For Spiritual Benefits: Knowledge That Makes A Diffe / A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.