Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida (4377 Views)

Electing Buhari As President, Disaster For Africa – ex US Envoy / …babangida Defends Buhari / Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by IykeD1(m): 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2010

There is no plausible justification whatsoever for a suppose credible country like america to be dealing with a known fugitive like babangida in the interest of millions of civil nigerians.

Nigeria is slipping into the present state of oblivion because of people like IBB,so getting him to help solve the problems in anyway is like adding petrol to a house on fire instead of water.

However,in reality,america is of no use to nigeria,if we are living creatures that breathes and reasons,we should be able to solve our problems without involving america or any other so-called developed world,we should be dealing with america on our terms as a sovereign not them telling us what to do as if we are police dogs,mumus.

I agree, but this is what we wish, its not exactly what or where we are in Nigeria today. Lets pause for a minute, where is Yar Adua?
Is he not in some hospital in another country? Where was the so-called supplementary budget signed? In another man's country. All
I am saying is until we really get our acts together (at least even on the very basic things) we are just wasting time pointing fingers at
outsiders. Until our politics outgrows the influences of the likes of IBB and Obasanjo, they will continue to have the say they do today.

@Afam,

As per injecting the Chinese into the discussion, I believe that was in response to earlier comments that Nigeria need to handover its
oil to the Chinese as supposed to the likes of Chevron. My point was no matter who we are dealing with, they will always exploit the
foolishness of our leaders. For all we knock the Americans and for all their faults, they do have a better track record on human rights
than the Russians or the Chinese. US companies do try to reflect some of those values even outside the US (maybe not all the time).
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by redsun(m): 1:27pm On Feb 11, 2010
Abagworo:

ibb did his best even though it wasnt good enough.america consulting him is no news since he is a major power broker in nigeria.

The best IBB did for nigeria was to liberalize corruption,his tenure made corruption legitimate in nigeria as it is today.hence his present freedom,under normal circumstance he and people like obasanjo should be languishing in jail for treasonable offences.America should have a track record of an individual like that,yet the same person they are consulting to bring the country back to normalcy.The action,if it true goes to show that america is really a love-peddler when it comes to international politics with only  their interest at heart,the action also actually buttresses the fact that CIA was behind the removal of Tunde Idiagbon,who was on the way to bringing nigeria back to some sense of discipline and was replaced with the same criminal,babangida,

There is no way nigeria can ever move forward with criminal like ibb at the helm of affairs,The founding fathers of america are remembered today because of their selfless and enduring contributions in building and establishing america at the expense of same fuc-king blackman that never learns and other weaker tribes
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2010
if this story is true then i must say it is in sharp cotradiction to everything obama preached and stood for during his campaign (which is normal for a politician anyway) why bad moyth and pretend like u have no intrest in nigeria then turn around and send your top deligates to meet with nigerian officials for "hidden agenda's" why advocate democracy then send ur assistant secretary of state to meet with the worst tyrant known in nigerian history? any negotiations beetwen the US and nigeria should be done with the current president or foriegn affairs minister not a past leader and a corrupt one for that matter!, they should respect our constitution and soveriegnty enough to relate with us the formal and appropriate way!, i love obama a lot but i think he is begining to make some realy stupid decisions.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by SkySpirit(m): 3:59pm On Feb 11, 2010
Hausa go rule 4 anoda 8yrs + 2yrs = 10yrs, abi! One Nigeria whether na we say make dem bring sick person!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by texazzpete(m): 4:38pm On Feb 11, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

if this story is true then i must say it is in sharp cotradiction to everything obama preached and stood for during his campaign (which is normal for a politician anyway) why bad moyth and pretend like u have no intrest in nigeria then turn around and send your top deligates to meet with nigerian officials for "hidden agenda's" why advocate democracy then send your assistant secretary of state to meet with the worst tyrant known in nigerian history? any negotiations beetwen the US and nigeria should be done with the current president or foriegn affairs minister not a past leader and a corrupt one for that matter!, they should respect our constitution and soveriegnty enough to relate with us the formal and appropriate way!, i love obama a lot but i think he is begining to make some realy silly decisions.

I beg to differ. Was it not the same Obama that drew criticism during the campaign for insisting that he'd talk to the 'enemies' if that would bring peace? is it not the same Obama who is amenable to reaching out to moderate members of the Taliban if that could end the war in Afghanistan early enough, and if that could help keep out the infinitely worse Al Qaeda?
if Obama can dialogue with the North Koreans (with their human rights record), why not IBB?

The oil is not the main thing here - the US can get oil elsewhere if pressed to the wall. Besides, there is no credible reason for Obama to feel the supply line of oil from Nigeria is threatened. it is far more important to prevent Nigeria falling into chaos, a situation that Al Qaeda would be all too eager to exploit.
if you thought Somalia was bad, wait until what happens in Northern Nigeria if/when this nation of 150 million people collapses.

To bring peace in Iraq, the Americans now know they must reach out to the disgruntled but influential members of Saddam Hussein's baath party. Why would they now sideline a figure as influential as IBB for such critical talks?

But this is nairaland. And you people need an excuse to mention the CIA - your boogeyman - as the source of all your problems.
Pathetic.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 11, 2010
^^^ i understand and appreciate ur contribution but my point here is that if there is nothing shaddy about this meeting then it should be done the right way. im sure when obama dialouged with north korea, he did so with the president and the meeting was appropriately covered by the media like any proper diplomatic event should not with a past leader behind closed doors like he is doing with IBB.whats the point of the visit when IBB is not in any formal public office? obama keeps acting like he doesnt want to have anything to do with nigeria but we all know he does because he has sent two of his top team members to the country since assumong office! u cant eat ur cake and have it! its ridiculous
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Afam(m): 5:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
Iyke-D:

@Afam,

As per injecting the Chinese into the discussion, I believe that was in response to earlier comments that Nigeria need to handover its
oil to the Chinese as supposed to the likes of Chevron. My point was no matter who we are dealing with, they will always exploit the
foolishness of our leaders. For all we knock the Americans and for all their faults, they do have a better track record on human rights
than the Russians or the Chinese. US companies do try to reflect some of those values even outside the US (maybe not all the time).

Ok, I needed to understand why because the rate at which issues are compounded and diversions introduced is getting out of hand.

All we require is a leader whether civilian or military man that will put the interests of Nigerians and Nigeria first and every other thing will fall into place.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 6:28pm On Feb 11, 2010
Iyke-D=topic=395996.msg5495816#msg5495816 date=1265905154:

I am not surprised my point was lost on you.  In my very first comment I made no mention of whether I had a US visa or passport, just stating the facts as I saw them regarding the reality of Nigerian politics and the US. I was insulted for being an "azz kisser" for America because of the visa they gave me.  All you seem to do is engage in name-calling, you never address any single issue. Do you have any idea how silly you sound?

In any case, here you are telling us how "successful" you are in South Africa and I guess I am supposed to be so impressed by your
"success". You have proceeded to tell me how you have been traveling to the US since you were 13 until you turned 30? Oh, and you
are a "business man". What do I care? I don't need your biography, this is just an internet forum! Christ!

Yes, I know Nigeria will be saved by the Chinese or whoever from the "blood sucking US government". Terrorists invading your country?
Are you for real? So from age 13 you were traveling to a terrorist country until you turned 30? Please take your medications or if you don't
have any see a doctor. [b]Better yet, enroll in a good school in South Africa (there are none left in your country) because it appears you need[/b]it (even though you are a very successful businessman). You are not rooted in reality.

Dude
Azz Kissers
Fxcking
Can't do jack

Can't get enough of US music videos or films?

Dude you are so lame, who in his right mind supports a foreign country over his own knowing fully well that the foreign country only mean to destroy his home country out of pure capitalist greed. And yes i have been visiting "your" terrorist country since i was 13 ,I wanted you to know that so you know your USA passport does not “shack” me. As for you insulting the Nigerian educational system, I will let you know that UNilag alone produced 87 first class graduates last year so you suck on that.

I am sure if the USA decides to invade the hausas in the north you will support the idea, fuxking traitor. Look at the way he said “there is none left in your country “ like he was never a Nigerian or like Nigerian blood does not flow through his veins. I am done wasting my time with you ,your loyalties obviously lie elsewhere

Don't worry i will leave you links of what the USA is capable of doing in Nigeria if they are given a chance.As for me going to school ,you should test your knowledge base first and actually ask yourself if you have been schooled right.

citizenY=topic=395996.msg5495816#msg5495816 date=1265905154:

@Shoot2kill.

One question only. WHY di the Americans not consult you?

Answer- You are inconsequential, out of your depth and even outside Nigeria and
too young to even know IBB and Nigerian terrain. Na word of mouth you hear.

You are squeezing a few coins in South Africa, so what? This IBB still has clout.

Otherwise, I like your patriotism but be more practical.

I wonder how you know that "na word of mouth i hear " Dude i only left Nigeria in 2002 what are you talking about?

As for me squeezing a few coins,never underestimate South Africa.Their economy is far better and stable than USA's at the moment  grin

Like i said before IBB is a piece of poo who will get what is coming to him if he dares attempt rubbish in Nigeria

texazzpete=topic=395996.msg5495816#msg5495816 date=1265905154:

@Shoot2Kill
When making your points, can't you at least TRY and sound intelligent?

Anyway, the article clearly says IBB and other influential politicians will be contacted. Singling out IBB was merely to generate a sensationalist headline.

Finally, no matter how many rabid, paranoid fantasies you have about the CIA, it's obvious that America's main concern is not with the oil, but the long term stability of Nigeria. An unstable Nigeria will be a massive breeding ground for the next generation of Islamic terrorists. And no-one wants that.

I beg to differ. Was it not the same Obama that drew criticism during the campaign for insisting that he'd talk to the 'enemies' if that would bring peace? is it not the same Obama who is amenable to reaching out to moderate members of the Taliban if that could end the war in Afghanistan early enough, and if that could help keep out the infinitely worse Al Qaeda?
if Obama can dialogue with the North Koreans (with their human rights record), why not IBB?

^^^First off professor ,you dont have a clue about the United States Government ,Unites States Marine corps and the Central Intelligence Agency.You say America is not interested in the OIL ,I have a few names for you :

IRAQ
KUWAIT
ANGOLA
IRAN
VENEZUELA

Since some of you seem to be blind ,let me open your eyes (and please note that the whistle blower in this article was murdered):

CIA HISTORY & Attrocities

http://www.serendipity.li/cia/cia_time.htm

^^^^Murder of the above arthur : http://www.psnw.com/~bashford/kang-ev0.html

http://www.serendipity.li/cia.html

CIA are also Drug Traffickers (one of the reasons they want to control afghanistan is because of the huge "opium" farms in Afghanistan)

http://www.wethepeople.la/drugs1.htm

http://www.ciadrugs.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_drug_trafficking

http://www.deepblacklies.co.uk/cia_drug_trafficking.htm

http://www.prisonplanet.com/archives/webb/index.html

http://thehive.modbee.com/node/17977

http://www.infowars.com/ron-paul-and-a-timeline-of-cia-crimes-and-atrocities/

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/CIA/S&L_Scandal_CIA.html

And you wonder why the venezuelan president refers to the USA as the devils's own country
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Abagworo(m): 6:43pm On Feb 11, 2010
@shoot2kill.why are you so anti-american?try to appreciate their role and sacrifices in global stability.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 7:18pm On Feb 11, 2010
Abagworo:

@shoot2kill.why are you so anti-american?try to appreciate their role and sacrifices in global stability.

Bros this has nothing to do with “anti – American” , this is about my home country. I love my country more than any country in the world and i will not allow these demonic group of people to destroy it.

I don’t hate America as a country ,i hate the American Government because over the years their foreign policy has not changed. We Nigerians are monkeys to them and they can swat us like a fly if they want to ,that is why we must be united and resist them. They should leave us alone.

For your information i come from a family that contributed to the woes of Nigeria and i rebelled against the corrupt politicians in my family. That is the kind of person i am .I am not supposed to worry about the ordinary man but i do because that is just my nature. I hate to see my fellow Nigerians suffer just because one capitalist country wants to secure it's hold on our OIL.

GLOBAL STABILTY you say ? What Global Stabilty ?

They invented the HIV virus in an effort to kill Africans!

IRAQ was a peaceful country until they invaded !

Afghanistan was a peaceful country until they invaded !

Angola was a peaceful country until they sponsored UNITA !

They Supplied the South Africa Apartheid government with Computers and the HIV virus (which was used as a bio-weapon to infect millions of black babies all in the name of controlling Africa’s overblown population).The South African government listened to former apartheid agents who openly made this claim to the truth and reconciliation commission.

They armed the Afghans with AK-47s and stingers

They developed the first Nuke

They supplied guns to Liberian war lords

They sponsored rebels all over Africa

They killed Abiola

A weapon that can cause an earthquake(known as HAARP) has been developed by the United States (it was used for haiti)

The list is endless……………….

Have you forgotten AFRICOM? How can you not see that America will cause more problems in Nigeria by dealing with IBB and his cohort.

Are you telling me that in a nation of 150 Million IBB is the only one they can talk to ,what about Jonathan ,why did they not talk to Jonathan. I will answer that for you. Because he is if from Niger Delta. They don't trust him.

Who knows maybe they will threaten Jonathan with invasion and he will step aside to allow babangida onto the "throne".

Why do you think Al Qaeda is fighting the US now ? Because they wanted to control their country after the cold war and the afghans resisted. Why did the United states not capture Osama when they had a chance ? Because they are not really after him ,they just want to maintain their presence in Afghanistan.

Listen bro ,i am not just blowing steam here, I have contacts in the intelligence community and news coming to me is that the united states in currently building secret missile defence systems in a remote part of Afghanistan. These are being built to counter any missile attack by IRAN.I know you may not believe it but my source is solid and has never failed me.

If care is not taken the USA will gain access to Nigeria in full and built a military base in the north in the name of helping us deal with Islamic militants. We will be forever imprisoned by the US forces. The reason they are coming to see IBB is because they want to discuss the possibility of them building a fully functioning military base in the nigeria where they can maintain a presence that will scare countries like Libya and any other Islamic countries in north Africa. They will also be able to launch up to the minute air raids on Niger Delta militants from that position with Air force unmanned drones. Those in Niger Delta calling for the USA to intervene are very silly. The USA is their enemy because “they” threaten the supply of OIL to the USA.

The should go an ask the lingala people of DRC how they were massacred by Mobutu Seseko hit squads under the order of the CIA all in an effort to supply the united sates Fort Knox and Jewish-American mafia outfits with tons and tons of cheap diamonds. Remember that new OIL deposit have been found in Nigeria along with New gold deposit. We are in a rough ride if we don’t wake up now and cry foul. Once Babangida gains momentum, nobody will be able to stop him. The USA will assign Israeli trained body guards to protect him from any assasination attempts and he will be installed into the presidency just like they did in 1985.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by pcmecom(m): 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2010
@abagworo

I am not anti-american, and neither am I a conspiracy theorist. I love america and its people, but I dislike US foreign policy.
  Shoot2kill is right, the US invaded afganistan to control the opium trade not terrorist or al qaeda has we have been made to believe(sounds unbelievable shocked), I guess by now we all know that the Iraq war was illegal, america has conducted 50 wars since the end of the second world war, now tell me how has that contributed to global stability?
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Abagworo(m): 7:34pm On Feb 11, 2010
Thanks to you all for that update.but i just cant believe that the US has fought 50 wars since 1945.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by pcmecom(m): 7:45pm On Feb 11, 2010
@abagworo
I know you wont believe america has fought 50 wars since the end of the second world war, it sounds like another conspiracy theory!!!
maybe you can start your own research from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations

my brother open your eyes and begin to see beyond the news headlines!!!
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2010
pcmecom:

@abagworo
I know you wont believe america has fought 50 wars since the end of the second world war, it sounds like another conspiracy theory!!!
maybe you can start your own research from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations

my brother open your eyes and begin to see beyond the news headlines!!!

Bros Agbaworo wht do you have to say to the above ^^^^^ Is that a country who wants peace or control ?

By the way those are the ones we know about.What about covert operations unertaken by their numerous secretive security outfits all over the world like the US Navy seals , 67 Unit Cell , The NSA , The CIA , Biopan e.t.c

___________________________________________________________________________________

I don’t know if you know the man they call Charlie Wilson.He was the American man who solely secured funding for the cold war against Russia in Afghanistan.

Charlie was a corrupt American senator who collaborated with the CIA to smuggle opium out of Afghanistan using the C-17 Globemaster III miltary cargo planes and selling  it outside the country in the USA ,Europe ,Canada and Australia. The Opium trade generated over $5 billion dollars during the war.(but the American government will want you to believe that they funded the war from their national coffers).Haven’t you ever wondered how come the United states is so rich?

The united states has so many reserves in minerals and precious stones than you can ever imagine. Osama was the leader of the Afghan islamic millitia fighting the russians.Osama was an ally of the USA. Osama bin Laden was trained by the CIA in covert warfare (stealth attacks & evasion tactics). Bad blood erupted between the United States and Osama when he refused to give the united states 70% of the profits of the opium sales. The agreement between the USA during the war was that the USA will keep 70% of the profits.40% percent goes to the US government (politicians)while 30% goes to funding weapons and logistics for the US covert trainers,spot-men,snipers and allied afghan militias. The disagreement came when the united states to refused to listen to OSAMA who asked them to share 50 -50 since the war was ended.

The CIA realizing that OSAMA was becoming a headache attempted to assassinate him Al Mujaden militia 3 times but failed. OSAMA fled to Saudi Arabia and the USA asked the KING of SAUDI to kick him out which they did. This angered OSAMA and he vowed to deal with America. He left Saudi and went to Yemen where he found sympathetic radical Imans who organised his safe passage back to Afghanistan. That is how all these problems of terrorism came to be. The USA out of greed and corruption started this problem.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by realborn(m): 8:06pm On Feb 11, 2010
@ Post,
i totally disagree irrespective of the US intentions and agenda to meet with IBB ' A glaring architect and prime designer/consultant of our degrading ego and machinist of our woes'. Instead of considering commencing trials against the attrocities committed by this man, they chose to pat his back with recognitions and adulations by this singular act. Two wrongs will never lead to a right.

Is IBB d only man in Nigeria? When will we wake up as Nigerians against cowardy utterances and cheapening acts? Have d US in all of their wisdom critically and strategically considered d plights and emotions of Nigeria? NO.

We must rise and oppose this move if confirmed true. A woman singularly rose against d misdeeds of her cohorts (despite dining nd wining with them at our expense wen d going was good). Her actions caused ripple effects that evolved in2 a positive solution putting an end to the lingering debacle of who should lead d helms of affairs. It might be a face saving exercise, but it worked.

I believe IBB is vast with years of experience but what difference will his evil training and wealth of dictatorship do to us as Nigerians. How much of experience and exposure did Obama have for us all to stand by him during d last US elections?

It is high tym w dictate d pace. It is high tym w agreed to do away with dese men of wickedness. Visit d barbeach or obalende late in d night. Humans sleep in d open with no covering. Many die daily from mishaps and cheap diseases due to inadequate presence of medical resources. Our best hands flee abroad 2 serve other nationals diligently and progressively. We queue for petroleum resources that abound in our polity. Lives are lost due to extreme illiteratecy of mynd by certain supposed litterate morons in power.

I believe we should give Jonathan a chance. His attainment of d status as d head today, is divine and I believe God in His infinite wisdom will guide him in d right direction. We deserve d best. We will get d best.

Let us rid our country of dese polluted bunch. If IBB has repented, he should spend the rest of his live on earth to apoologise to Nigerians and restitute all d ills, pain and ridicule he has caused us all.

My two cents.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2010
As a matter of fact the United states caused the Haiti earthquake here is a link to the story ;

http://realisticbird./2010/01/23/report-us-weapon-test-aimed-at-iran-caused-haiti-quake-and-l-american-leaders-say-us-occupying-haiti/

You guys might say conspiracy theory but russia know wht's up!

If they can invent the HIV virus why cant they cause an earthquake.We all know this weapon has been around for a few years now.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 11, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Bros this has nothing to do with “anti – American” , this is about my home country. I love my country more than any country in the world and i will not allow these demonic group of people to destroy it.

I don’t hate America as a country ,i hate the American Government because over the years their foreign policy has not changed. We Nigerians are monkeys to them and they can swat us like a fly if they want to ,that is why we must be united and resist them. They should leave us alone.

For your information i come from a family that contributed to the woes of Nigeria and i rebelled against the corrupt politicians in my family. That is the kind of person i am .I am not supposed to worry about the ordinary man but i do because that is just my nature. I hate to see my fellow Nigerians suffer just because one capitalist country wants to secure it's hold on our OIL.

GLOBAL STABILTY you say ? What Global Stabilty ?

They invented the HIV virus in an effort to kill Africans!

IRAQ was a peaceful country until they invaded !

Afghanistan was a peaceful country until they invaded !

Angola was a peaceful country until they sponsored UNITA !

They Supplied the South Africa Apartheid government with Computers and the HIV virus (which was used as a bio-weapon to infect millions of black babies all in the name of controlling Africa’s overblown population).The South African government listened to former apartheid agents who openly made this claim to the truth and reconciliation commission.

They armed the Afghans with AK-47s and stingers

They developed the first Nuke

They supplied guns to Liberian war lords

They sponsored rebels all over Africa

They killed Abiola

A weapon that can cause an earthquake(known as HAARP) has been developed by the United States (it was used for haiti)

The list is endless……………….

Have you forgotten AFRICOM? How can you not see that America will cause more problems in Nigeria by dealing with IBB and his cohort.

Are you telling me that in a nation of 150 Million IBB is the only one they can talk to ,what about Jonathan ,why did they not talk to Jonathan. I will answer that for you. Because he is if from Niger Delta. They don't trust him.

Who knows maybe they will threaten Jonathan with invasion and he will step aside to allow babangida onto the "throne".

Why do you think Al Qaeda is fighting the US now ? Because they wanted to control their country after the cold war and the afghans resisted. Why did the United states not capture Osama when they had a chance ? Because they are not really after him ,they just want to maintain their presence in Afghanistan.

Listen bro ,i am not just blowing steam here, I have contacts in the intelligence community and news coming to me is that the united states in currently building secret missile defence systems in a remote part of Afghanistan. These are being built to counter any missile attack by IRAN.I know you may not believe it but my source is solid and has never failed me.

If care is not taken the USA will gain access to Nigeria in full and built a military base in the north in the name of helping us deal with Islamic militants. We will be forever imprisoned by the US forces. The reason they are coming to see IBB is because they want to discuss the possibility of them building a fully functioning military base in the nigeria where they can maintain a presence that will scare countries like Libya and any other Islamic countries in north Africa. They will also be able to launch up to the minute air raids on Niger Delta militants from that position with Air force unmanned drones. Those in Niger Delta calling for the USA to intervene are very silly. The USA is their enemy because “they” threaten the supply of OIL to the USA.

The should go an ask the lingala people of DRC how they were massacred by Mobutu Seseko hit squads under the order of the CIA all in an effort to supply the united sates Fort Knox and Jewish-American mafia outfits with tons and tons of cheap diamonds. Remember that new OIL deposit have been found in Nigeria along with New gold deposit. We are in a rough ride if we don’t wake up now and cry foul. Once Babangida gains momentum, nobody will be able to stop him. The USA will assign Israeli trained body guards to protect him form any assignation attempts and he will be installed into the presidency just like they did in 1985.

stop this your anti-america camapign.i dont give a f u c k about them because of their foreign policy that have made them become devil in human flesh so discussing their atrocities is just a waste of time.abeg how is jonathan enjoying his presidency.?
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by redsun(m): 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2010
Nigerians beware of wolves in sheep clothings,it is time you put your deluded religious differences aside and unite against the snakes.

The thief only cometh but to destroy and steal.,we are not babarians,we will say no to any religious extremism to keep america and the arabs at bay.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by pcmecom(m): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
I am happy some people are beginning to see beyond the smoke screen!!

@shoot2kill, You have really done your home work, I am proud of you.

America indeed have weapons that can generate earthquakes, tsunami, hurricanes, floods and famine. These weapons are known as tectonic weapons and was first discovered by a scientist named nicolas tesla. Today tesla works still continues in a research facility called H.A.A.R.P.

I know some people would be reading this and by saying this is another conspiracy theory or even come to the conclusion that I may be nuts!!, I urge them to do their own research

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

http://www.haarp.net/

http://www.livevideo.com/video/3DDCA3ECDDB44895AD4E98868C7BEAFC/haarp-project-bluebeam-pt-ii.aspx

NB: Like I said in my previous post, I am not anti-american, I only dislike US foreign policy. It should be noted that the above weapons and technology is not only exclusive to the US, russia and china also have the technology
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Avenir(m): 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2010
It seems like we have a lot of keyboard militants here. You guys need to cool down and understand how the world works. I'm no apologist for IBB, Obama or the US. USA is only trying to move fast as Nigeria is fast becoming a fertile ground for Al-Qaida, emergence of military government, civil war and/or worse. US has to move fast to protect its interest (oil, potential 120 million refuge problem that will destabilise West and Central Africa, Osama Bin Laden training ground, etc). They don’t have to wait until Nigeria becomes a post civil war Afghanistan, Somalia or Yugoslavia before they act. The consequences are just too dire to contemplate.

Since we didn't seem to know how to put our house in order (it took intervention of international governments before our senate and house decided to resolve Yaradua's absence), the US has made it there business to manage our house for us. How are they going to do that if not by contacting the guys with political clout in Nigeria. Talking about political clout in Nigeria, IBB will be in the top 3 (you know the other 2)! I guess the US is acting based on the intelligence from its spy agencies.

Who had a hand in the removal of Shagari? Who removed Buhari? Who annuled June 12? Who set the stage for the emergence of Abacha? Who had a hand in the emergence of Obasanjo (second coming)? Whose blessing was required for the selection of Yaradua? Which two people do you need to consult to resolve the opposition to Jonathan taking over?

Of course all animals are equal but some are more equal than others. It is wisdom to know that this is very true in all developing, underdeveloped and 'undeveloped' countries of the world.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 8:56pm On Feb 11, 2010
pcmecom:

I am happy some people are beginning to see beyond the smoke screen!!

@shoot2kill, You have really done your home work, I am proud of you.

America indeed have weapons that can generate earthquakes, tsunami, hurricanes, floods and famine. These weapons are known as tectonic weapons and was first discovered by a scientist named nicolas tesla. Today tesla works still continues in a research facility called H.A.A.R.P.

I know some people would be reading this and by saying this is another conspiracy theory or even come to the conclusion that I may be nuts!!, I urge them to do their own research

http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/

http://www.haarp.net/

http://www.livevideo.com/video/3DDCA3ECDDB44895AD4E98868C7BEAFC/haarp-project-bluebeam-pt-ii.aspx

NB: Like I said in my previous post, I am not anti-american, I only dislike US foreign policy. It should be noted that the above weapons and technology is not only exclusive to the US, russia and china also have the technology

Thanks bro for the support,you are well informed yourself.

I hope Nigerians will wake up and stand up for their nation now before we become slaves again.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by mystikal(m): 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2010
How did this info even translate to America supporting IBB?
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by proudly9ja(m): 10:20pm On Feb 11, 2010
I think we are venting spleen where we shouldn't be venting.

We must understand one thing, like a man fights tooth and nail to protect his family, its the same way a president will fight tooth and nail to protect his people.

America will do all it can to protect her people even to the detriment of another country. If the US helps to maintain democracy in Nigeria, it is because they have something to gain, therefore if they fight to destroy it, its for the same reason.

We must never think that someone else will help us fight our battles. I personally do not think that America is the enemy. WE are our worst enemies. We can only learn to play the game and play it well. First and foremost, we cannot stand on our own. Whether we like it or not, we must align with a 'world power'. Even if we run to the Chinese or Russians, it is the same way the US has used us that they will use us too.

That's why the ordinary Nigerians must stand up and take power back from our leaders because all they are doing is for their own pockets and how much they have to gain from it. If we had leaders who put the people ahead of themselves, then we won't even be having this discussion.

So my people, let us leave the US and face our own battles, step by step, we will get there!
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by IykeD1(m): 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2010

It seems like we have a lot of keyboard militants here. You guys need to cool down and understand how the world works. I'm no apologist for IBB, Obama or the US. USA is only trying to move fast as Nigeria is fast becoming a fertile ground for Al-Qaida, emergence of military government, civil war and/or worse. US has to move fast to protect its interest (oil, potential 120 million refuge problem that will destabilise West and Central Africa, Osama Bin Laden training ground, etc). They don’t have to wait until Nigeria becomes a post civil war Afghanistan, Somalia or Yugoslavia before they act. The consequences are just too dire to contemplate.

Since we didn't seem to know how to put our house in order (it took intervention of international governments before our senate and house decided to resolve Yaradua's absence), the US has made it there business to manage our house for us. How are they going to do that if not by contacting the guys with political clout in Nigeria. Talking about political clout in Nigeria, IBB will be in the top 3 (you know the other 2)! I guess the US is acting based on the intelligence from its spy agencies.

Who had a hand in the removal of Shagari? Who removed Buhari? Who annuled June 12? Who set the stage for the emergence of Abacha? Who had a hand in the emergence of Obasanjo (second coming)? Whose blessing was required for the selection of Yaradua? Which two people do you need to consult to resolve the opposition to Jonathan taking over?

Of course all animals are equal but some are more equal than others. It is wisdom to know that this is very true in all developing, underdeveloped and 'undeveloped' countries of the world.

Glad to know someone else understands whats going on besides googling CIA. . .
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 11, 2010
The main object of the meeting was to warn babaginda to tell his military boys to leave Goodluck alone - from credible source.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by pcmecom(m): 7:39am On Feb 12, 2010
@xavier
You are right, and that is why I am saying all these. The US shouldnt be allowed to meddle into the affairs of Nigeria. Their intervention in other countries domestic affairs has been catastrophic.

If only we had credible leadership!!! cry cry cry
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by cap28: 2:56am On Feb 28, 2010
hmm very interesting - @shoot to kill, your knowledge and understanding of US foreign policy is impressive.

for some strange reason the average nigerian thinks the the US are our friends, possibly with the exception of murtala mohammed and buhari almost every ex nigerian president has either had links to the CIA or been an outright CIA stooge, if you have researched the activities of the CIA in africa you will understand what im talking about , it fills me with despair when i hear our people looking up to america and expecting a helping hand from a country whose treatment of blacks has included such atrocities as: slavery, lynching of blacks by white mobs, eugenics, segregation, one drop rule (if you have one black relative in your bloodline you are black and therefore condemned to a life of an outcast, even if you look white) disenfranchisment (until 1968) redlining (denial of housing, health care, education, banking services to blacks ) a country that has continued to provide military training and funding to demonic forces within nigeria in order to guarantee the flow of cheap oil at the expense of its indigenous people and future generations to come.

why would america give a damn about nigerians when it denied its african american citizens the right to vote until 1968 in a country built on the sweat and blood of african slave labour. Isnt it naive, gullible and downright pathetic to think that a nation founded on the despoil and enslavement of our own ancestors would somehow want to play a positive role in the political and economic upliftment of our country.

Why cant the average nigerian see that nigeria's economic development is at odds with america's imperialist agenda towards nigeria. America is an imperial power whose mission is to continue to expand and control the entire globe - economically and militarily.

This latest development of Obama sending envoys to meet Babangida demonstrates to me that it is business as usual - the americans and british know how to play us, they know how gullible we are thats why they always use african american diplomats to conduct the negotiations in order to lull nigerians into a sense of false security, the truth is these african americans are what we call "rented negroes" - traitors and saboteurs who would sell their own mothers for a few pieces of silver - they are completely shameless and they do not see themselves as africans- dont be fooled by the empty rhetoric .

the americans see Babangida as "a safe pair of hands" as he has all the hallmarks of an african dictator - coldblooded and ruthless, no sense of loyalty for his people or country, treacherous and powerhungry, sycophantic love and adoration for foreigners, hatred for his own people - he ticks all their boxes and he will do as he's told or else he'll end up like abacha.

Is it not Babangida who took on IMF and world bank loans under instructions from washington and london in the late 80s early 90's which condemned many nigerians to a life of grinding poverty and misery which subsequently resulted in the mass brain drain from nigeria? He was an excellent pupil to his american and british masters in the 80s and he's going to be an outstanding one when they hand him the presidency come 2011!!!
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by riversman: 3:14am On Feb 28, 2010
u hate america soo much why dont u go and protest at thier embassy? i bet u are listening to american music/ driving american cars, hisss
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by cap28: 4:13am On Feb 28, 2010
riversman:

u hate america soo much why dont u go and protest at thier embassy? i bet u are listening to american music/ driving american cars, hisss

i hate their foreign policy and their treatment of non whites particularly blacks - actually, since you asked,  no im not listening to american music - im listening to fela and no i dont drive american cars, i prefer japanese - they're more reliable and cheaper to run.

here are some of the atrocities comitted by america in the last 200 years:

http://mtwsfh..com/2008/02/1885-1894-more-invasions-more-racism.html
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Eddeux(m): 4:20am On Feb 28, 2010
ALL THAT I SEE ON THIS PAGE IS A BUNCH OF BS!! WHAT HAVE AMERICA DONE TO AFRICA THAT THE AFRICANS OR EUROPEANS HAVEN'T DONE AS WELL? It isn't like we colonized u like the euros did.

It's already being destroyed by imbeciles like urself. 40 years to develop, yet still a mess. stop blaming others for your country's misfortunes!
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by cap28: 4:46am On Feb 28, 2010
Eddeux:

ALL THAT I SEE ON THIS PAGE IS A BUNCH OF BS!! WHAT HAVE AMERICA DONE TO AFRICA THAT THE AFRICANS OR EUROPEANS HAVEN'T DONE AS WELL? It isn't like we colonized u like the euros did.
It's already being destroyed by imbeciles like urself. 40 years to develop, yet still a mess. stop blaming others for your country's misfortunes!

you obviously have never picked up a history book in your life - yes america wasnt involved in the colonisation of africa because they were too busy amassing wealth from african slave labour and annexing native american land together with mexico, hawaii, and parts of south america.

have you heard of the monroe doctrine? please go and read about it - it was an agreement between europe and america whereby america agreed to keep their hands off any european colonies (ie africa) and concentrate on expanding south into the south american continent and the carribean.  you actually think these people see us as human beings - you are in for a shock.

you say we are destroying our country ourselves - were africans present at the berlin conference in 1884 when all the europeans nations carved up africa for themselves?  can you not see that ever since that conference africa's development has been plagued by underdevelopment and backwardness, this is because these european powers have still retained their grip on power in all of their "former" colonies  - forget the so called independence that many african nations acquired - it was all superficial - economic power is still in the hands of the whites. you are too daft and blind to understand what is really going on.

http://wysinger.homestead.com/berlinconference.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_Doctrine

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Yoruba Is Chief Press Secretary In Bauchi State / Channels Discontinue live Broadcast Of Amaechi's Birthday Lecture / The Politics And Insincerity Of Bailout Funds.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.