Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,681 members, 7,813,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida (4370 Views)

Electing Buhari As President, Disaster For Africa – ex US Envoy / …babangida Defends Buhari / Saudis Block Nigerian Envoy From Detained Pilgrims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by woye77: 8:38am On Feb 10, 2010
Obama’s envoy meets IBB
By CHINELO AGINA
Wednesday, February 10, 2010

General Ibrahim Babaginda
Photo: Sun Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Special envoy of United States president, led by Ambassador Jonnie Carson will meet former military President, General Ibrahim Babaginda as part of ongoing efforts at resolving the lingering political crisis in the country.
The Assistant Secretary of State, who has been in the country is expected to confer with the ex-military leader and other major stakeholders in the country to break the cycle of crisis in Nigeria.

Specifically, core issues of bilateral relationship between the two countries and sustenance of democracy in Nigeria would top the agenda when the envoy meets Babangida at his Hilltop home in Minna, Niger State capital.
Besides, the meeting with the former president, Ambassador Carson is expected to parley with a wide range of political stakeholders on the way forward for Nigeria, particularly, the inclusion of Nigeria on the list of terrorist states.
Bilateral ties between the US and Nigeria were severed when on December 25, 2009, 23 year-old Farouk Muttallab, nearly bombed a Detroit plane carrying over 250 passengers.

Though security operatives apprehended Muttallab, the botched attempt caused Nigeria to be included on the US list of terrorist countries.
However, opinions are rife that in the light of the prolonged crisis in the country, pressure may be put on Babangida to contest in the forthcoming 2011 general elections as a way to give the country a stable leadership.
Ambassador Carson is also expected to use the occasion to commiserate with Babangida over the death of his wife, Hajiya Maryam Babangida.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/feb/10/national-10-02-2010-004.htm
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 9:44am On Feb 10, 2010
After ,some American azz kissing Nigerians on NL will say America has no hand in Nigeria’s woes. What is a democratically elected government like OBama’s doing meeting with Babangida?

Should they be meeting babangida or soyinka ?

Fuxk the USA, i hope Al Qaeda sorts them out. They should leave Nigeria alone. Now they want to sponsor babangida and impose a dictator on us just to satisfy their thirst for oil.Chai all this because of oil ,OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL OIL .USA u no dey tire leave my 150 million people alone ,you have done enough damage you bloody puppet masters.I pray this our OIL dry up soon ,maybe then we will have peace in Nigeria

I hope they nuke you guys maybe then you will leave Africa alone, sons of bxtches

Fxck OBAMA ! fuxking two faced liar,that is why his people are dissing him everyday,that dude is a traitor to Africans and to think i supported this snake.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by faoni572(m): 9:48am On Feb 10, 2010
I wonder what the American still want after they have put us on their terrorist list. They should just leave us alone
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by jimmysho(m): 10:00am On Feb 10, 2010
just tryin to deign IBB
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by desgiezd(m): 10:06am On Feb 10, 2010
However, opinions are rife that in the light of the prolonged crisis in the country, pressure may be put on Babangida to contest in the forthcoming 2011 general elections as a way to give the country a stable leadership.

Obama's administration is beginning to show serious signs of stupidity on Nigerian issues. Firstly, by choosing Ghana over and above Nigeria during his African trip; secondly, by placing Nigeria on terrorist watch list even when it was clear that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab got his radicalisation in Britain and now this. If Obama has nothing to offer Nigeria he should just leave us alone.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by proudly9ja(m): 11:29am On Feb 10, 2010
Guys, this report was on SUN newspapers and we all know who owns SUN and where his allegiance lies.

Show me another newspaper that reported it then I can make my comment.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 11:54am On Feb 10, 2010
proudly9ja:

Guys, this report was on SUN newspapers and we all know who owns SUN and where his allegiance lies.

Show me another newspaper that reported it then I can make my comment.

You have a point there but this goes beyond SUN newpapers reporting the news. I have been documenting a lot of illegal activities committed by the United States Government over the past 4 decades in Africa.

The United States is bad news, any state that stands up to them thrives. Look at Libya and Cuba. Fidel and Gadaffi saved their countries from US manipulation. It paid off for Libya but Cuba unfortunately got it’s economy messed up because of internal saboteurs working for the CIA.But even so Cuba has progressed at a the better rate than Nigeria. Libyans on the other hand at totally loyal to their leader knew from the start American are devil incarnate and that is why their country has one of the leading economies in the world today.

Americans put babangida in power from the start just like they put Mobutu Seseko in power. We should close the both USA embassies in Nigeria to send a strong message to the USA to leave our shores and leave us alone, we don’t need their Oil companies, there are many Oil companies in the world today who can take over from where shell ,BP and chevron left off.

Liberia ,Angola ,Mozambique, South Africa you name it the conflict and the USA had a hand in it ,all in an effort to control Africa's resources. We are still under slavery ,kwe are not independent yet until we can have government like Gadaffi’s and Jerry Rawlings. You see now shell is moving to Angola and Ghana because they have found new OIL wells. The United States does not care about anyone but themselves. The war in Iraq has clearly proven to us that they are just after OIL.

I support Al Qaeda  , they should bomb them to smitherins! If American lives have to be lost to create a better life for ordinary Nigerians then I am all for it. bosom for Tat ,Americans have been murdering Nigerians for decades so why can we do the same. They murdered Abiola or have you all forgotten?

And for all you unpatriotic American azz kissers on NL.FUxK U

Fuxk the incompetent CIA

Fxck the NSA

Fxck the Secret service

I hope someone nukes washington and send all these moderfuxker to hell!
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Virgo83(m): 12:23pm On Feb 10, 2010
Why meeting Babangida: I must confirm this first before uttering any statement.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by desgiezd(m): 12:57pm On Feb 10, 2010
@ Proudly9ja

Here is the same story as carried by This Day - your comments, pls

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=166150

[b]Yar’Adua’s Absence: Obama’s Envoy Consults with IBB[/b]By Charles Ajunwa, 02.10.2010

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

Assistant Secretary of State, United States of America, Ambassador Jonnie Carson who has been in the country as a special envoy of the US President, Barack Obama is to confer with former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida as part of efforts to meet with major stakeholders in the country in the light of the lingering political crisis in the country.

THISDAY gathered that several issues bordering on bilateral relationship and sustenance of democracy in Nigeria will form part of the discussion at the home of the former President in Minna, Niger State.

Carson is expected to interact with a wide range of opinion moulders and political stakeholders on the way forward for Nigeria in the wake of the terrorist alert culminating in the listing of Nigeria on America’s watch list.

He is also expected to arrive Minna at 11am in the morning (today) and is expected to have a closed session with the former military President. Opinions are rife that in the light of the ongoing political crisis, IBB is being pressured to run in 2011 as a way out of the impasse and perhaps give the country a stronger leadership and stability
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2010
Where are all those unpatriotic American Azz kissing niggers, why are they quiet now?

Their beloved America is not only insulting Nigeria by meeting IBB but by actually meeting him in his house. Talk about sheep faced terrorists.

Who is the terrorist now? These are the same people calling the Muslim religion a violent religion and calling Arabs terrorists. What are they themselves? Trying to imprison a nation of 150 million people under Mara Dona leadership.

This is America showing support for someone who killed dele giwa with a bomb. I am sure the CIA packaged that bomb.

The CIA and IBB are long time friends. I remember in those days when the news magazine TELL told the story of Babangida's relationship with the US government.

Death to the USA, their failing economy is just a start go and read revelations in bible and read about how a mighty nation will be brought to it’s knees by a small nation.

Obama is no real African, he preaches democracy but practices something different. This is the same coon who avoided visiting Nigeria because he felt the elections were rigged but now he is supporting a murderer  , a terrorist , a national looter. Fuxking hypocrite.

Well done OBAMA ,thank you for deceiving Nigerians, you are exactly what Americans are calling you a two faced liar. You say one thing only to trun around and do another.Fake azz democrat , a coward and slowpoke ,may you burn in Hell for attempting to force my people back into slavery. You dare to toy with my country,i pray you lose your second bid, you fuxking retarded half cast cxnt
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by lannre(m): 1:19pm On Feb 10, 2010
did anyone actually confirm this "news" ?
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by desgiezd(m): 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2010
lannre:

did anyone actually confirm this "news" ?

What sort of confirmation do you need again after two newspapers have carried the story?
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by otawa: 1:37pm On Feb 10, 2010
AMERICANS is after nothing but their interest.

If IBB will serve their interest, they will go to him.

If DEVIL will server their interest, they will go to him.

When they needed slaves after wiping-out the red indians they came to west africa!

I am not surprised. They already going back to same Taliban they chased away in Afghan.

Obama is nothing but just following the USA Traditions.

That is a lesson nobody should forget!
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by lannre(m): 1:46pm On Feb 10, 2010
desgiezd:

What sort of confirmation do you need again after two newspapers have carried the story?

My Dear, some journalist conjure news.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by desgiezd(m): 1:50pm On Feb 10, 2010
I dont think this news is conjured. It only shows the interest Obama and his crew has in IBB to the detriment of the whole nation and the earlier we resist it the better.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by otawa: 2:49pm On Feb 10, 2010
Thisday is clearly a reputable newspaper in NIGERIA.

Assistant Secretary of State, United States of America, Ambassador Jonnie Carson who has been in the country as a special envoy of the US President, Barack Obama is to confer with former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida as part of efforts to meet with major stakeholders in the country in the light of the lingering political crisis in the country.

THISDAY gathered that several issues bordering on bilateral relationship and sustenance of democracy in Nigeria will form part of the discussion at the home of the former President in Minna, Niger State.

This is looking like Obama-IBB Presidency in 2011!

Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Afam(m): 3:39pm On Feb 10, 2010
Having maintained a consistent position on the double standards and hypocrisy of the West this news is no surprise at all.

The US, Australia and Britain will gladly dine with the devil once the price is right.

It is a shame that Nigerians just because of the unconditional love they have for anything foreign are ready to defend these countries even till death regardless of their atrocities and mistakes.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Fhemmmy: 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2010
I have said it too many time, IBB is one of the few that can actually bring everyone else together.
Yes, i know many dont like him, but the guy is just too powerful not to matter
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by stiyke(m): 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2010
if this is true, am deeply disappointed but not surprised . but america go know say this na naija come 2011. things work in reverse here ,
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Abagworo(m): 7:45pm On Feb 10, 2010
I cant actually understand why y'all seem to be jealous of ibb's influence in affairs of nigeria and africa.he was never partial in his dealings with people and has friendship that cuts across ethnic and religious lines.he annuled june 12 for reasons we might never know but let him be.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by redsun(m): 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2010
Ibb influence and authority is like that of Al capone of chicago,he  is a gangster that cleanly made away with over 12 billion dollars of nigerian money that up till date is yet uncounted for.

I wonder if Obama knows his background personally,maybe it is just CIA moves to cause more confusion.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by IykeD1(m): 7:59pm On Feb 10, 2010
@shoot2kill

I wonder want sort of screen name is that. . .

If I ask you who are the most 12 most powerful people/politician in Nigeria, I am sure you will list IBB among.
Granted that the US acts as every other country on earth (maybe with the exception of Nigeria) to protect their
interest, why wouldn't they want to meet with IBB considering the fact that the country has been tethering on
the edge for the past 3 months?

For the good of the country, don't you think IBB's clout is needed to keep the ruling elite class in the North calm
especially during this transition form Yar Adua to Jonathan? You and I may not like it, but this is the reality of power
politics in Nigeria today.

Lastly, lets consider this US interest you are talking about, if Nigeria blows up today, do you have any idea how
much the US will be forced to chip in for humanitarian/rescue causes?  I will give you an idea. Think of Haiti, and
you can be rest assured that the US will be spending far more money in Haiti now than they probably may have
spent in the past 20 years.

So before you start blowing off your mouth you need to understand that there is another side to that "interest".

Lastly, I will be careful with this your trash talk about supporting terrorists, don't think because you are hiding
behind a computer you can't be found out. The Secret Service, CIA, etc. have had their lapses, but I will bet my
money on them against any other similar groups in the world.  If you think they are that incompetent, try them
and you will see.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 8:00pm On Feb 10, 2010
otawa:

Thisday is clearly a reputable newspaper in NIGERIA.

This is looking like Obama-IBB Presidency in 2011!

^^^ Bros God blass you and your family may you live long, you are the kind of Nigerian that Nigeria needs, not all these azzholes who are supporting IBB and Obama over Nigeria.Kai this your picture na solid,I don save am for my computer ,I go use badmouth Obama for evey forum wey I fit access .That obama guy na serious douchebag and two face liar.

Afam:

Having maintained a consistent position on the double standards and hypocrisy of the West this news is no surprise at all.

The US, Australia and Britain will gladly dine with the devil once the price is right.

It is a shame that Nigerians just because of the unconditional love they have for anything foreign are ready to defend these countries even till death regardless of their atrocities and mistakes.

^^^ Gbam right on point my brother,na so he be o ! All these mumu people wey we dey unfortunate to share the same nationality with.They will die for strangers but betray their own country and brother all in the name of green card.Stupid inferior human beings!

Abagworo:

I cant actually understand why y'all seem to be jealous of ibb's influence in affairs of nigeria and africa.he was never partial in his dealings with people and has friendship that cuts across ethnic and religious lines.he annuled june 12 for reasons we might never know but let him be.

Na GOD go punish you for that comment ,you this fuxking slowpoke.See this bastard they talk in support of babangida,he be like say your relatives be babangida friend.No worry na bullet g finish all of una one.If they born you well make u go campaign for babangida in 2011  ,i go personally erase you,you Fuxking coon!
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 8:15pm On Feb 10, 2010
Iyke-D:

@shoot2kill

I wonder want sort of screen name is that. . .

If I ask you who are the most 12 most powerful people/politician in Nigeria, I am sure you will list IBB among.
Granted that the US acts as every other country on earth (maybe with the exception of Nigeria) to protect their
interest, why wouldn't they want to meet with IBB considering the fact that the country has been tethering on
the edge for the past 3 months?

For the good of the country, don't you think IBB's clout is needed to keep the ruling elite class in the North calm
especially during this transition form Yar Adua to Jonathan? You and I may not like it, but this is the reality of power
politics in Nigeria today.

Lastly, lets consider this US interest you are talking about, if Nigeria blows up today, do you have any idea how
much the US will be forced to chip in for humanitarian/rescue causes?  I will give you an idea. Think of Haiti, and
you can be rest assured that the US will be spending far more money in Haiti now than they probably may have
spent in the past 20 years.

So before you start blowing off your mouth you need to understand that there is another side to that "interest".

Lastly, I will be careful with this your trash talk about supporting terrorists, don't think because you are hiding
behind a computer you can't be found out. The Secret Service, CIA, etc. have had their lapses, but I will bet my
money on them against any other similar groups in the world.  If you think they are that incompetent, try them
and you will see.

^^^Another America azz kisser. I wonder if your views will remain the same if the CIA murders your relative? Who told you IBB is powerful, let me tell you this if IBB attempts to take power he will be dead before the 31st of September 2010.Nigeria has “Zuilk” people who can take him out right now but nobody give a fxck about him.He no longer matters. He only becomes a threat if America supports him. And for your information the only powerful person in Nigeria is the president, the rest of you can be eliminated with one single 50 calibre bullet!

Dude i am not mouthing it off, don’t think because I share a forum with you that I am not experienced, I know who I am even if you don’t. It is not everything I have to tell you but be rest assured ,where I am even if I am found .They can’t do jack!

The US security forces don’t scare me ,they are terrorist themselves.

It is people like you who make me regret being a Nigerian. Why should we accept ideas that are wrong,why should we dialogue with a bullet deserving IBB. No other nationalities support the USA over their country , Nigerians are the only boot lickers on the planet. Nigerian are the only ones who will pray that The USA invades them.They lack self esteem and national pride.GOD why me ? why did you let me belong to country of morons?

I say it again I hope Al Qaida nukes the USA and bleep you and your bleeping CIA.
Because you live in the USA you think are an American now and you can tell patriotic Nigerians like me to kizz America’s behind.

I swear, if they try what they want to try in Nigeria, Afghanistan will look like child’s play to them. Obama better piss off with you fake Nigerians and leave us the hell alone otherwise……………………
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by redsun(m): 8:23pm On Feb 10, 2010
If this caption is true,the non fugitive nairalanders in america should organize some delegates or any other form of communication that must reach Obama to warn him against dealing with a criminal like babangida as regards ngerians interest.That he can not in anyway represent a rational and patriotic nigerian.

This are things we should be doing as people that are aware,well dispose in dyer need for change
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 8:28pm On Feb 10, 2010
redsun:

If this caption is true,the non fugitive nairalanders in america should organize some delegates or any other form of communication that must reach Obama to warn him against dealing with a criminal like babangida as regards ngerians interest.That he can not in anyway represent a rational and patriotic nigerian.

This are things we should be doing as people that are aware,well dispose in dyer need for change

Don't mind them they won't do that because they don't care about Nigeria.They would not want to risk losing their green cards.Typical Nigerian cowards.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by redsun(m): 8:33pm On Feb 10, 2010
Shoot2Kill:

Don't mind them they won't do that because they don't care about Nigeria.They would not want to risk losing their green cards.Typical Nigerian cowards.

Alternatively the message can be passed through the american embassy in nigeria with some press coverage,official and recorded.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by 4Play(m): 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2010
So you ignoramuses believe this cock and bull story?
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by pcmecom(m): 8:39pm On Feb 10, 2010
@ shoot2kill
                    I feel you brov, please tell my people so that they will wake up from their slumber, believe it or not,colonialism didnt end in 1960, it has continued up to this day(neo-colonialism).Elements in the US government are responsible for most of the crisis plaguing Africa since the 1960's. Even the 9/11 attacks was masterminded by elements in the US government.

Unfortunately some people still dont believe it, rather they will dismiss you as a "conspiracy theorist" or even a nutcase.
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Abagworo(m): 8:40pm On Feb 10, 2010
@shoot2kill.welcome newbie.''you are nobody till somebody kills you''.maybe you are ''ready to die'' cos ''somebody got to die''
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by Shoot2Kill: 8:45pm On Feb 10, 2010
Abagworo:

@shoot2kill.welcome newbie.''you are nobody till somebody kills you''.maybe you are ''ready to die'' cos ''somebody got to die''

Yeah whatever!
Re: Obama's Envoy Meets Babangida by pcmecom(m): 8:46pm On Feb 10, 2010
@abagworo

Its not a matter of life and death,rather it is a matter of drawing people attention to what is happening behind the scenes. The guy is only passionate about his beliefs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Gej and pdp dignitaries Break And Abuse The Law In Our Very Eyes?© / Return My Cars Or Face Police Arrest – Uche Nwosu Warns Supporters / Slain Borno Farmers Didn’t Get Clearance To Work On Rice Fields: Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.