Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? (4813 Views)

Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan / I Didn’t Get Anything From Jonathan – Edwin Clark / Texas Governor Takes Immediate Action Against Same-sex Ruling… This Is HUGE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by jimmysho(m): 9:11am On Feb 10, 2010
Now that Goodluck has assumed the office of the president in acting capacity,
what immediate action will you want him take in the interest of the nation?
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by citizenY(m): 9:18am On Feb 10, 2010
Review this 7 agenda thing to power,security and infrastructure
Overhaul this FEC and gradually phase out the last kitchen cabinet.
Engage the guys in the creeks more meaningfully.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by edwin101: 9:20am On Feb 10, 2010
citizenY:

well said wink
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by MrCrackles(m): 9:22am On Feb 10, 2010
Jonathan and Yaradua cant fu/ck right off. . .
Nigeria dont need dimwits like both of them!!!!
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by jimmysho(m): 9:30am On Feb 10, 2010
citizenY:

if   he  overhaul  d   FEC  wont   those against his  presidency   claim   goodluck   is   confirming   their   fears?
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by mikkyrazzy: 10:03am On Feb 10, 2010
Overhauling the FEC will not be a smart move this time. They were constituted by his "Oga" so doing that at this time will spell wrong, and I know he is smart and will not do such a thing. What i think he'll do will be to wait patiently for a slight error from these guys before he makes his move
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by rebranded(m): 10:12am On Feb 10, 2010
He should implement the Full recommendations of the Electoral Reform since he has nothing to lose, he cant contest next elections,  cool

Find a way to make EFCC effective!

With those 2 things he can change Nigeria
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Gbawe: 10:23am On Feb 10, 2010
Above everything else, Jonathan must be brave and decisive . He must understand his powers and realise that , regardless of how he got there , he is now the numero Uno. He must deal with the enemies of progress first as they will never stop plotting against him. Yar Adua removed Kingibe for the same reason. Once comfortable he can look at the issues that can improve Nigeria vastly . These 'issues' will be those that most Northern/PDP Presidential candidate avoid or are insincere with eg the deregulation of the power sector, sincere and committed FG engagement in the Niger Delta , genuine electoral reforms, etc. Power will return to the North next year. Jonathan must thus target national problems he can find solutions for before serious electoral campaigning begins.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Ikengawo: 10:27am On Feb 10, 2010
not much.
his tenure as governor was pathetic and corrupt
and a guy i know that knows him personally has confirmed he is a cultist and dumb.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 10, 2010
1. POWER, How can we meet the energy demand for the Nation at large and made provision for IPP. private sector managing the Energy sector

2. Railway, he should review the Transportation problem on our Railway system because without Railway Nigeria as a Nation is Going no where, try to review the Contract with Chinese Company that Yaradua Cancel, this should be review in the interest of Nigeria.

3. Our Educational system should also be review.

God will help him
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by deluxecad(m): 10:51am On Feb 10, 2010
@POST: Sack Aondoakaa!
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by blacksta(m): 10:52am On Feb 10, 2010
Nigerians with their  - never ending list of expectations  from someone who has no track record of service delivery while he was Ass Gov/ Gov /Vice president  -  Disappointment awaits you all  - all the best-  Pacify your conscience  -
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by jimmysho(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2010
what   gave   the   impression   he   cant   contest?
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Virgo83(m): 11:36am On Feb 10, 2010
he should sack the ag: andoaka with immediate effect.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by rebranded(m): 11:38am On Feb 10, 2010
jimmysho:

what gave the impression he cant contest?

Not on PDP's ticket, PDP will definately choose a Northerner and im sure everyone is now afraid of making Jonathan their Vice, smiley
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Gbawe: 11:39am On Feb 10, 2010
blacksta:

Nigerians with their  - never ending list of expectations  from someone who has no track record of service delivery while he was backside Gov/ Gov /Vice president  -  Disappointment awaits you all  - all the best-  Pacify your conscience  -

My opinion too. 'Accidental' leaders are rarely ever good leaders. We have seen this notion reinforced  by many of the usurpers who have led us in the past. Nonetheless, and looking at the big picture , we can still harbour a litte hope that Jonathan can deliver for Nigeria even as his CV and history indicates that Nigerians should be pessimistic , rather than hopeful, at his emergence as acting President.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by rebranded(m): 11:44am On Feb 10, 2010
Ikengawo:

not much.
his tenure as governor was pathetic and corrupt
and a guy i know that knows him personally has confirmed he is a cultist and dumb.

Well the guy that knows him must be dumber, cos Goodluck is President and he is NOT!
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by ladi02(m): 11:52am On Feb 10, 2010
barnabasj:

1. POWER, How can we meet the energy demand for the Nation at large and made provision for IPP. private sector managing the Energy sector

2. Railway, he should review the Transportation problem on our Railway system because without Railway Nigeria as a Nation is Going no where, try to review the Contract with Chinese Company that Yaradua Cancel, this should be review in the interest of Nigeria.

3. Our Educational system should also be review.

God will help him

All those are not possible within 1year
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by citizenY(m): 11:56am On Feb 10, 2010
quote from rebranded

Well the guy that knows him must be dumber, cos Goodluck is President and he is NOT!

gbammmmm

Between Ikengawo and his source, na who dumb pass?
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by chosen04(f): 12:02pm On Feb 10, 2010
rebranded:

Could that be one of the reason(S) he has always given good badluck to whoever he was under?
from deputy gov to VP?
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by jimmysho(m): 12:24pm On Feb 10, 2010
draw perceved foes closer. know what they want. check their records. if found waiting. use it against them. soundly face all national issues wit genuine heart, draw more support in the PDP and consolidate his political base. if need be find his way into the heart of nigerian
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by atiku07(m): 12:38pm On Feb 10, 2010
jimmysho:

if   he  overhaul  d   FEC  wont   those against his  presidency   claim   goodluck   is   confirming   their   fears?
and he should be ready to be branded a failure then, cause those animals will never allow him to succed chikena!
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Beaf: 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2010
I expect him to begin the process of setting Nigeria on the right path by kicking off the federal restructuring process and kicking all cabals into oblivion.

Because of the unique way he has risen to power (almost like destiny or an act of God), there is nobody better suited for the building job than he is. He owes no political machine, so his hands are totally free to slash and burn.
He must hist the ground running to gain credibility (although anybody is better than Yar Adua). If Jonathan let's us down, we might have to wait a very long time (or precide over a messy split). He has to perform.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by SkyBlue1: 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2010
Beaf:

I expect him to begin the process of setting Nigeria on the right path by kicking off the federal restructuring process and kicking all cabals into oblivion.

Because of the unique way he has risen to power (almost like destiny or an act of God), there is nobody better suited for the building job than he is. He owes no political machine, so his hands are totally free to slash and burn.
He must hist the ground running to gain credibility (although anybody is better than Yar Adua). If Jonathan let's us down, we might have to wait a very long time (or precide over a messy split). He has to perform.

My thoughts exactly, although I would add, no better person suited at this point in time. He owes nobody and knowing his party would probably not allow him to run next year because of their rotational policies, he has nothing to lose.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by blacksta(m): 1:22pm On Feb 10, 2010
Beaf:

Are you deluded or what " A man that was imposed on Nigeria - what good can come out of evil" and please dont insult God - I know you are a sympathiser for Jonathan but that does not cloud the judgement of others . Jonathan has a tracked record of very low service delivery.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 10, 2010
He should sack Aondoaka or whatever he call himself. I have never seen a public servant who is as unpatriotic as him.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Olaolufred(m): 2:21pm On Feb 10, 2010
(1) Sack Andoaaka
(2) Execute the Uwais Electoral Reform to the letter.
(3) Try if he can do anything to correct the misdeeds in Power sector.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by oderemo(m): 2:33pm On Feb 10, 2010
Jonathan goodluck has a chance to CAST HIS NAME IN GOLD in the country by not making the same mistakes old goat Obj made.
totally revamping our electoral system , not only ensuring that we have free and fair election in the country but going further in realising the uwaise report which is the bible on electoral reforms.
once the foundation is solid , the rest of our democracy is simple, remember the saying that once you build your castle in the air what is left is for you to start the foundation.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2010
The man will remain ineffective untill it is clear what the realms of his powers are. Is he standing in for a temporarily sick President who will return? or is he replacing a completely incapacitated President?

Before he begin's to take decision which may be threatened with court action, he should use his Acting Presidential mandate to raise a 'Get well soon delegation' that will go to Saudi Arabia to find out the truth. This is where Rt Gen Andrew Owoye Azazi can help him. He can lead this team for Jonathan.

If the Yar'aduas decide that the acting President will have no access to him then we will know that Yar'adua and his handlers are simply not interested in the job of running Nigeria again and nobody in the FEC will muster the courage to tell Nigerians we are waiting for Yar'adua.

If the President is honestly getting well and will return to power then Nigerians will know the truth and expect less from Mr Jonathan because he will have a duty to continue the policies of his boss and keep his bosses cabinet intact in case his boss comes back to power.

Then if Yar'adua is incapacitated once again the FEC members will have no reason not to do the right thing. They will have a duty to explain why they don't want to respect section 144 and Aondoakaa will loose the political capital to play the petty politics he plays right now.

FOLKS THE RESOLUTION BY THE SENATE YESTERDAY IS INCONCLUSIVE. I THINK WE SHOULD VIEW IT AS AN IMPORTANT SMALL STEP TOWARDS ACHIEVING THE FULL IMPLEMENTATION OF OUR CONSTITUTION RATHER THAN AN END IN ITSELF.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by jimmysho(m): 3:04pm On Feb 10, 2010
Before he begin's to take decision which may be threatened with court action, he should use his Acting Presidential mandate to raise a 'Get well soon delegation' that will go to Saudi Arabia to find out the truth. This is where Rt Gen Andrew Owoye Azazi can help him. He can lead this team for Jonathan.

they will never allow them near yardua because everything has been shielded in mysticism

FOLKS THE RESOLUTION BY THE SENATE YESTERDAY IS INCONCLUSIVE. I THINK WE SHOULD VIEW IT AS AN IMPORTANT SMALL STEP TOWARDS ACHIEVING THE FULL IMPLEMENTATION OF OUR CONSTITUTION RATHER THAN AN END IN ITSELF.

the part 2 is on the way. Yaradua cant just assume office any time he wishes rather the senate has to give him clean bill of health even when he 'get well'

He should sack Aondoaka or whatever he call himself. I have never seen a public servant who is as unpatriotic as him.

it is definitely on the card but when is the question?

Are you deluded or what " A man that was imposed on Nigeria - what good can come out of evil" and please dont insult God - I know you are a sympathiser for Jonathan but that does not cloud the judgement of others . Jonathan has a tracked record of very low service delivery.

who made you a judge? have u forgotten that out of a black pot came the white pap?

am convinced that the mr. president will start oiling his political arsenal against the incapacitated goner in saudi and do everything possible politically to secure the PDP ticket. did i hear anybody say rotation is a PDP arrangement, the same party will tell u that rotation is not 8 years but tasting the office which yaradua has done. another version is after a northerner come a southerner so if goodluck contest, it is still a rotation presidency
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by becomricch: 3:16pm On Feb 10, 2010
Jonathan can not solve nigeria problem. Look , Obasanjo could not solve it. yar adua could not solve it.

What we need to do, is remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic.  You have solve most of the problem this way.  Our problem is based on structure of the federation.

How does Jonathan solve Oyo state been 10 times more populated than imo state. explain to me. ?  I want to know,

Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by rebranded(m): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2010
becomricch:

Jonathan can not solve nigeria problem. Look , Obasanjo could not solve it. yar adua could not solve it.

What we need to do, is remove the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic. You have solve most of the problem this way. Our problem is based on structure of the federation.

How does Jonathan solve Oyo state been 10 times more populated than imo state. explain to me. ? I want to know,

Which Kind mumu talk be that one, NL we have Aondoakaa in the house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Stops PDP Reps From Joining APC / See What This Imo State Man Does In His Rural Community / “He’s Sick In The Head.” Ebonyi People React To Umahi’s Comment On Obi.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.