Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,857 members, 7,844,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? (4820 Views)

Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan / I Didn’t Get Anything From Jonathan – Edwin Clark / Texas Governor Takes Immediate Action Against Same-sex Ruling… This Is HUGE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by formunt(m): 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2010
Sack Sanusi and Rilwan
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by egift(m): 5:51pm On Feb 11, 2010
ow11:

Ignore those maps. . .There is NO SCALE to those maps and as such represent a false reality!!

I think he m may start discoursing with Google Map department for a deal on their MAPS application since he is a heavy user (even more than GPS - Global Positioning System)
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by oluking: 4:49pm On Feb 12, 2010
he should pay more attention to electoral reform and the power sector.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Golfer: 5:10pm On Feb 12, 2010
FINISH UP WHAT IS ON THE GROUND!!!

Electricity.
Infrastructure.
Accountability in government.
Niger Delta.

We do not need anyone starting new projects that will not get finished, let's finish what has been started.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by gentlegg(m): 5:15pm On Feb 12, 2010
OVERHAUL THE POWER SECTOR, since tuesday he assumed office, I have not seen light in my house nor my office. My generators are crying.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by odedele: 5:16pm On Feb 12, 2010
tell sanusi 2 keep off d banks and allow its shareholders 2 recarpitalise the institution and then dissolve d FEC
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by queenesthr(f): 5:36pm On Feb 12, 2010
@BECOMERICH, them use map swear for you? Abeg reject the spirit of map reading in Jesus name!
Somebody say Amen.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by otondo55: 5:37pm On Feb 12, 2010
POWER, Electricity

POWER, Electricity

POWER, It will just open up alot of sectors !
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Emilo(m): 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2010
otondo55:

POWER, Electricity

POWER, Electricity

POWER, It will just open up alot of sectors !

Yes oh i support you, thats what this country needs.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by chuxy12(m): 6:42pm On Feb 12, 2010
forget steady power. 50 Jonathans cannot fix nigeria power problem in 13 months . but one mighty NASIR EL- RUFAI can fix Nigeria problem in two years and deal terribly with those anti-progress forces behind achieving it.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by tlops(m): 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
wetin concern geography with the thread, I saw a map, lol grin grin

from the first day Obj announced this guy as Yar adua's running mate I knew he'll be president, Good luck to him
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by anataala: 7:52pm On Feb 12, 2010
we pray to God to mr goodluck the wisdow to rule this country without fear or favor
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Princek12(m): 7:53pm On Feb 12, 2010
With government oversight, he should deregulate the power sector, a move which will likely open the door to a cauldron of private companies that want to invest in the power sector and motivate banks to offer loans to those  putative investors in the power sector. That is the only way to fix the power problem. The govt. has shown it cannot manage the power sector--look at NEPA (Never Enough Power Anywhere) to PHCN (Problem Has Changed Name).
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by desthan(m): 8:08pm On Feb 12, 2010
Mr acting president should immediately get the new AGF and some senior medical team to saudi and confirm that fools his health status, let the doctor and law maker declare him incapacitated. Take the oath of office as the President and yaradua is history, cuz he's not even aware of what is going on, am very sure of that.

Then dissolve the FEC and drop all ministers including security officers, re-shuffle the cabinet and get his own people to work with. Then throw all the crooks in jail. Only then can he function properly.

These hawks or members of the so called "kitchen cabinet" are obsessed with their own "worth". These "backside holes" should forget whatever they are dreaming because 150 million Nigerians are fully prepared and waiting for them.I still believe that our NASS is full of thoroughly compromised "nit wits".If they had the interest of Nigerians at heart,the correct thing would have been outright IMPEACHMENT. By the way, is the Presidential jet still parked in Jedda?Are we aware of the cost of parking that aircraft including crew allowances(esta code)? The Acting President MUST direct that the aircraft and crew return immediately Ofcourse if Yar'Adua has to be brought back either as a passenger or HUM, the aircraft can be deployed.These rogues have contributed nothing to the development of this country either pre or post independence yet they think the Presidency is their birth right. Jonathan must run for office in 2011.If they do not like it, the bar-beach is vast enough!!!!

Nigeria move forward.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 12, 2010
Becomerich, that cow dung u re high on is definitely the ish tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by mydozie: 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2010
to carry out formidable efforts towards development that will enable him win utmost support from the masses.he shouo helpin the poor
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by marvix(m): 10:14pm On Feb 12, 2010
The immediate action I would lik to c is
1.Mending fences in the FEC because there is and shld be nothin personal in all that hapened in d last 3months and also to mak any meaningful achievement he needs the support of everyone or atleast a majority of members of d FEC.
2.He should concentrate on the 7point agenda of the administration he should ensure that synergies between d ministries work he does not need to dump any of d agenda atmost he should prioritise d agendas and ensure that ministers are held accountable for meeting their parts of d agendas
3.He should ensure that all projects and contracts given in the N/Delta are not politicised and make sure that d projects are started and sustained and shld ensure that d north or other parts don't feel marginalised but rather ensure that their projects go on too so as not to be seen as being partial.
4.He should follow up on pending bills in the NASS wit a view to them bein passed chief among them are the PIB,Electoral reform bills,Appropriation bill.
5.He shld ensure that the budget implementation is tracked frm the word go so dat level of implementation wld be higher this year
6.After he has set all that in motion and mak sure d cabinet is hard at work request for the medical report of the president and then set in motion the process to ease him out of office and he becomin substantive president.
7 He shld then start setting up structures that can give him the ticket and the mandate to be president by 2011, if he plays d politics right he can get it even those who stood firm by Yaradua wld be ready to stand firm by his side cos in politics there are no permanent friends just interests
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by CarlosVent(m): 10:35pm On Feb 12, 2010
TWO THINGS ARE MAKING NIGERIANS POOR AND DAT IS WHAT HE WILL DO IF HE WANTS HIS NAME NOT TO BE ERASED IN THE MINDS OF 20 GENERATIONS TO COME.

1. PAY EVERY NIGERIAN AT LEAST 20,000 NAIRA EACH MONTH. THIS IS A CHICKEN FEE FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

2. GIVE NIGERIANS AT LEAST 1 GOOD YEAR OF CONSTANT ELECTRICITY SUPPLY AND WITH THIS POVERTY I TELL YOU POVERTY WILL BE ERASED FROM 70% OF THE CITIZENS OF NIGERIA.

MOST OF THIS POVERTY WHAT EVER AND LACK OF MONEY IS CAUSED BY POWER. LETS HAVE CONSTANT ELECTRICITY AND ALL IS GONE.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by rasputinn(m): 11:24pm On Feb 12, 2010
Sack Andoaka and those ministers that shouted Akunyili down,then tackle the power problem,petrol issue and the economy by scrutinising what Sanusi is doing with the banks
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by xterra2(m): 11:36pm On Feb 12, 2010
First,Remove Aandoka and Sam eqwu and madueke
2.)Allow the NJC to appoint head of INEC
3.)Sack Iwu,
4.)repositioned the EFCC,like sending bills for establishment of special courts,giving them more powers
5.)Sack farida waziri
6.)Shift Akunyili to health,and tell her to do more than what she did @ NAFDAC
7.)help the educational system
8.)Buy more Jets fighters(Su-37,Eurofighter Typhoon),more Tanks(T-90),more warship and aircrafts carriers
9.)Equip the police,give them tracking calls capability,to end kidnapping, and more ways to improve police
10.)Urge the National assembly to pass PIB in a week or two then start constructing refineries simultaneously

And , Lastly Appoint me as his Senior Special Adviser

Note:everybody is entitled to his opinion
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by mbulela: 3:17am On Feb 13, 2010
I have taken my time to read through all the posts on these thread and these is my 2 cents;

There is very little Jonathan can do because his position is very unclear.The interpretation of the NASS seems to be more of native wisdom than constitutional act.If he does anything that affects the cabal holding the nation to ransom, they will flood the courts and another drama will begin.

Secondly, as long as the state of Yar Adua remains uncertain, the logjam persists.If he has any intention of doing anything tangible, the first step will be to send and empower a high level team to ascertain the state of Yar Adua's health (this must include at least two esteemed medical doctors),even if it means involving the Saudi government.I am not sure that Turai is that powerful to contain the might of the federal government.If Yar Adua is certified to be on his way back, a reasonable and realistic time scale must be provided and Jonathan can just hold forth in the interim. If it is confirmed that the man is in no state to return, then Jonathan becomes the substantive CinC and all those that have perpetuated lies (including that Oluwole budget) must be brought to book.

Thirdly and most importantly,i am not holding my breath for two reasons.One, Jonathan's track record is nothing to write home about.Go to Bayelsa and seek informed neutral observers.The man is a part of the thieving cabal and can not just change overnight.Secondly, he comes across as an inept and clueless person, so i do not expect him to do anything substantial.He has always risen to places he never bargained for (and being fair,places he is ill equipped to function in),he will just enjoy the perks and ceremony of the office while waiting for providence to have its way.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by supereagle(m): 6:04am On Feb 13, 2010
No Good surprise from him apart from looting Nigeria Dry. The man that delayed in declaring his assets when Yar Dua did his without delay.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by obstead200(m): 7:50am On Feb 13, 2010
I've long had this conviction that every Nigerian president comes to power with one thing in mind: To make sure he loots more money, oppress more of the masses, make more stupid and ineffective policies and in general ensure that he leaves the country worse than he met it. he swears to ensure that he makes a new record as the worst president so far, worse than his predecessor.

sory, call it lack of faith if u want but I have no reason to believe goodluck will be any better. That is why I have never cast a vote in the last 10yrs.

But if he chooses to be good, then let him do the following.
1. solve our power problem once and for all. every other thing will fall in place.

2. force all major oil companies to compulsororily buid and maintain at least a refinery each in this country and stop fuel importation, no matter who is reaping the rewards. it will save us billions of dollars in FX and make the naira stronger.

3.make, and strictly enforce strong policies concerning comsumption of locally made goods. what ever can be manufactured locally MUST NOT be imported. clothes, food,fuel,furniture etc.

4. rejuvenate the agricultural sector to ensure we dont go hungry.

5. completely overhaul the police force and other law enforcement agency. fill them up with pple of intergrity. if we must win the war against corruption we need to start from there.

If Goodluck can do all these, I will gladly die, defending Nigeria
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by chuqudy(m): 9:22am On Feb 13, 2010
Divide the country into two. Biafra and united states of Maleria sorry Nigeria (USN). Biafra should comprise of Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebony, Abia. While USN will made up of states in South South, South West, and North.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by doniyke3(m): 11:03am On Feb 13, 2010
Declare a state of emergency on d power sector immediately.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by doctor126(m): 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2010
He should do the right thing at the right time, b4 its late.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by naijaswag1: 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2010
start gearing up for the 2011 elections.he should not be a coward.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by manny4life(m): 5:45pm On Feb 13, 2010
chuqudy:

Divide the country into two. Biafra and united states of Maleria sorry Nigeria (USN). Biafra should comprise of Imo, Anambra, Enugu, Ebony, Abia. While USN will made up of states in South South, South West, and North.

Looks like u wanna start a tribal war, grin grin grin

As many who are saying power, just curious what are your suggestions to getting at least the average supply of electricity to the average Nigerian?
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by lekside44(m): 9:48pm On Feb 13, 2010
sole niger-delta problem once and for all before oga returns. after this period, i dont want to hear any form of militancy because their son of the soil has sat and still sitting on the hot sit. so nobody is maginalising you now. the power is in your hand.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by kliffo(m): 12:49pm On Feb 14, 2010
We shouldnt have high expectations of this Jonathan admin. He has a lot of landmines to tread. The time is so short I
guess if he can do something about power and electoral reforms his administration will be deemed successful. As he
is not likely to contest in 2011, he has a marvelous opportunity to write his name in GOLD by ensuring that we have
credible elections in 2011.
Becomerich is definitely nuts, his Igbophobia is one of the major problems holding Nigeria down. He and like minded
fellows should wake up to the reality that our diversity is not our problem, its how we view it and react to it that is the
problem. Ogun state is entirely Yoruba and we all know that peace has eluded that state for a while now, in contrast
Lagos that is multi -ethnic and has made conscious effort to accommodate other tribes is peaceful and focused. So lets
forget all these nonsense about tribe and origin, change our attitudes , become more accommodating and make our
country a better place.
FOR VERILY I SAY UNTO BECOMERICH, IF WE SPLIT NIGERIA WITHOUT CHANGING OUR ATTITUDES, WHAT WE WILL BE
LEFT WITH WILL BE WORSE THAN WHAT WE HAVE NOW. PLEASE GROW UP.
Re: What Immediate Action Do You Expect From Jonathan? by igeluma: 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2010
Jonathan should reconstitute the FEC,he has to pick his own team to work with,he should be focus on Electricity,Electoral process,fight
corruption,by making EFFC to be effective,security,and provide jobs for our school leavers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sss Detain Ajani Wale(youth Council President) / Oil-Wells Crisis About 2015 Election - Amaechi / Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria's Best President - Tinubu, Fashola [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.