Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? (2451 Views)

Where Are You Worshipping At Today? / What Made You Fall In Love With The Church You're Worshipping? / Igbo Man Describes Jesus As Greek Idol, Warns Igbos To Stop Worshipping Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Rapmoney(m): 2:36pm On Aug 01, 2017
Are Africans Worshipping A 'White God'?

Two days ago, Sunday 30th July, 2017 to be precise, I was watching a programme on Dove Tv, Channel 83 on Gotv. A religious leader was speaking. Though, I am not a religious enthusiast, I still listen to and watch religious programmes, download religious write-ups online and read books that cut across different religions. During the programme, the religious leader, with the most aggressive form of authority I have seen, emphasized countless times that people should call on the Holy Spirit to give them money, including anything they want in life. He maintained that whoever wants billions should call on the Holy Spirit and it shall be done. In his words: 'Just say Holy Spirit, I need billions, and you will get it'. I got fed up when people started calling in to receive prayers from this very religious leader. It now downed on me why we are still crawling behind in education, technological advancement and overall development in this part of the world. Does this not amount to magic? Even the magician in 'Aladin' will marvel at such magic!

One problem most of us face in this part of the world is the fact that we have decided to subject ourselves to shallow unnecessary religious beliefs. These beliefs have shaped our mentality to an extent where most people now place their successes in life on images and hopes created by scam men and women that have no substantial proofs to back up their reliability other than baseless hopes, hopes and nothing but hopes!

Most Africans have been brainwashed to believe that a supreme being sits somewhere who solves all kinds of problems, even those that require simple human effort. Maybe we should also wait for this god to cook Egusi soup, make eba for us and place them on the table for us to eat because we are hungry.

It is clearly an irony that in a society where many people will easily believe scam men and women who give them false hopes will still have many pitifully poor wretched folks who can barely feed themselves! It is mostly our belief on these baseless hopes that has continued to shut us out of advancement. I am very sure citizens in Canada, Sweden, Britain or Australia did not stamp their feet on the ground ferociously with water canes, and loud shouts that the Holy Spirit should give them security, organised socio-economic system and technological advancement. If you should know, the government of Poland spends a percentage of its annual revenue on carrying out research alone. Such efforts bring advancement in the economy of a country and this reflects on the lives of the citizens. If we apply that to our individual lives, it should translate to self development. That is what I mean, not false and baseless hopes that are not different from a mere abracadabra!!! In a country where education is very low and poverty is very high, con men and women will not cease to amaze me; they are ready to employ all manner of methods, even using ojuju calabar method to trick the gullible.

I have said it countless times that CRK and IRS are not relevant in our school curriculum. As things are going in this country, they lack the capacity to move us forward. These subjects should be replaced with subjects that can offer practical knowledge to pupils/students. Same old stories we have heard countless times since the entry of the British and the Arabs are still the same stories we are being fed with on daily basis!

If a child in Africa can be born into poverty, war and starvation, what hell does he/she need to go again if he/she does not comform to accepted religious doctrines as painted by the whites? It surely means we are worshipping a 'white God'.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2017
SPOT ON... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Rapmoney(m): 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2017
StephDamielola:
SPOT ON... cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks.
Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by GoldenSpine24(m): 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2017
It has always been in the heart of man to look up to a divine or supreme being. Whatever form that "being" exists in, is what accounts for the diversity we see all around. Whether we like it or yes, the environment we live in, the things we do, our thoughts shape us into whoever we have become. So like all these, religion should shape our thoughts.

But the question is: If it shapes the thought of people negatively, is it then a case of the definition of the God or a proof of a "wrong religion"?
Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Rapmoney(m): 2:51pm On Aug 01, 2017
GoldenSpine24:
It has always been in the heart of man to look up to a divine or supreme being. Whatever form that "being" exists in, is what accounts for the diversity we see all around. Whether we like it or yes, the environment we live in, the things we do, our thoughts shape us into whoever we have become. So like all these, religion should shape our thoughts.

But the question is: If it shapes the thought of people negatively, is it then a case of the definition of the God or a proof of a "wrong religion"?
There are things common sense should be able to prove to us. Our brains are powerful; we should think and act positively. This should show us why some countries are more advanced than others even with little or no resources. We should learn from the Japanese. Would you think that it was Bhudda that gave Japan technological advancement?
Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Rapmoney(m): 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
OAM4J
Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by bamasite(m): 2:57pm On Aug 01, 2017
THIS IS A TERRIBLE PROBLM WE FACE. PEOPLE ENJOY IT BECAUSE IT SORT OF "LET THEM OFF THE HOOK."
THE REALITY HOWEVER IS THAT THE MORE THEY BELIEVE THESE FALSE IDEAS, THE MORE BONDAGE THEY PUT THEMSELVES INTO.

WE MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR LIFE, FOR OUR FEELINGS AND FOR EVERY RESULT WE GET.
YESTERDAY'S WEEKLY ENERGIZER DISCUSSES THAT. http://successsecrets01..com/2017/07/weekly-energizer-take-responsibility.html
Rapmoney:
Are Africans Worshipping A 'White God'?

Two days ago, Sunday 30th July, 2017 to be precise, I was watching a programme on Dove Tv, Channel 83 on Gotv. A religious leader was speaking. Though, I am not a religious enthusiast, I still listen to and watch religious programmes, download religious write-ups online and read books that cut across different religions. During the programme, the religious leader, with the most aggressive form of authority I have seen, emphasized countless times that people should call on the Holy Spirit to give them money, including anything they want in life. He maintained that whoever wants billions should call on the Holy Spirit and it shall be done. In his words: 'Just say Holy Spirit, I need billions, and you will get it'. I got fed up when people started calling in to receive prayers from this very religious leader. It now downed on me why we are still crawling behind in education, technological advancement and overall development in this part of the world. Does this not amount to magic? Even the magician in 'Aladin' will marvel at such magic!

One problem most of us face in this part of the world is the fact that we have decided to subject ourselves to shallow unnecessary religious beliefs. These beliefs have shaped our mentality to an extent where most people now place their successes in life on images and hopes created by scam men and women that have no substantial proofs to back up their reliability other than baseless hopes, hopes and nothing but hopes!

Most Africans have been brainwashed to believe that a supreme being sits somewhere who solves all kinds of problems, even those that require simple human effort. Maybe we should also wait for this god to cook Egusi soup, make eba for us and place them on the table for us to eat because we are hungry.

It is clearly an irony that in a society where many people will easily believe scam men and women who give them false hopes will still have many pitifully poor wretched folks who can barely feed themselves! It is mostly our belief on these baseless hopes that has continued to shut us out of advancement. I am very sure citizens in Canada, Sweden, Britain or Australia did not stamp their feet on the ground ferociously with water canes, and loud shouts that the Holy Spirit should give them security, organised socio-economic system and technological advancement. If you should know, the government of Poland spends a percentage of its annual revenue on carrying out research alone. Such efforts bring advancement in the economy of a country and this reflects on the lives of the citizens. If we apply that to our individual lives, it should translate to self development. That is what I mean, not false and baseless hopes that are not different from a mere abracadabra!!! In a country where education is very low and poverty is very high, con men and women will not cease to amaze me; they are ready to employ all manner of methods, even using ojuju calabar method to trick the gullible.

I have said it countless times that CRK and IRS are not relevant in our school curriculum. As things are going in this country, they lack the capacity to move us forward. These subjects should be replaced with subjects that can offer practical knowledge to pupils/students. Same old stories we have heard countless times since the entry of the British and the Arabs are still the same stories we are being fed with on daily basis!

If a child in Africa can be born into poverty, war and starvation, what hell does he/she need to go again if he/she does not comform to accepted religious doctrines as painted by the whites? It surely means we are worshipping a 'white God'.

3 Likes

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Rapmoney(m): 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2017
[quote author=GoldenSpine24 post=59044139] So like all these, religion should shape our thoughts.

Man invented religion and not the other way round. The rational mind should not be caged by religious hopes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Rapmoney(m): 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2017
Seun
Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Rapmoney(m): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2017
bamasite:
THIS IS A TERRIBLE PROBLM WE FACE. PEOPLE ENJOY IT BECAUSE IT SORT OF "LET THEM OFF THE HOOK."
THE REALITY HOWEVER IS THAT THE MORE THEY BELIEVE THESE FALSE IDEAS, THE MORE BONDAGE THEY PUT THEMSELVES INTO.

WE MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR LIFE, FOR OUR FEELINGS AND FOR EVERY RESULT WE GET.
YESTERDAY'S WEEKLY ENERGIZER DISCUSSES THAT. http://successsecrets01..com/2017/07/weekly-energizer-take-responsibility.html
I like that quote by Leland.
Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2017
But certain people will never agree that religion in Nigeria, especially Christianity, has been reduced to a giant con.

How will a pastor bravely tell you the holy ghost will give you billions, the same ghost that leads the pastor themself to collect offerings, building funds, missionary funds, seeds, and tithes from members of the congregation rather then just magically giving it to the pastor will now magically provide billions for church members?.

I also almost hate when people sit around and pray for a god to solve their problems. If you were so devout then how come god didn't forewarn you about the problem, tell you how to avoid the problem, or just prevented it all together?

This CRK/IRK thing is a big issue for me too, I don't know why they are part of an official public school curriculum in a state that is legally meant to be secular. Either teach all the major world religions in a single religious studies module, teach all the major religions in Nigeria as part of a religion and national values module, or just not teach at all. While our students could be learning history they are busy learning religion, that's why the average Nigerian secondary school student wouldn't even know who Hitler is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by GoldenSpine24(m): 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2017
[quote author=Rapmoney post=59044691][/quote]

What if the one who created man wants to be worshiped? The worship rendered through a particular arrangement is what's called religion. Granted we all have freewill. But even at this point you know that with freewill to make decisions comes responsibility. If i went to pick a knife to slit my hand, no one will likely hold me. I make my decisions, but hey! I suffer the consequences of my actions.

Since a divine being created us, worshiping him in the right way should teach us that we can our lives within moral boundaries. Set not by us, but that divine being.

You mentioned the Japanese. Good. We ultimately are responsible for what happens to us. No differing view on that. However we have not been given the ability to set standards for ourselves for what is right and wrong. Since we choose to set such, that's why the poverty, war, crimes abound. Because rather than conform to moral codes of the universe as set by the one who created it, we dominate each other to our injuries.

So sir, we make our decisions and we take responsibility BUT, the bad effects of decisions can be severely limited if we recognize the fact that we were not created to set certain standards, and we conform fully to the One who has the legal right to set such standards.

He has left us such standards..but will never force us to follow them. If we follow them, we will enjoy a better life..if we do not, he will forgive us if we truly are down at heart but won't shield us from the consequences.

Remember what they say: If education is expensive, try ignorance...and they also said, ignorance of the law isn't an excuse...
Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Rapmoney(m): 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
GoldenSpine24:

What if the one who created man wants to be worshiped? The worship rendered through a particular arrangement is what's called religion. Granted we all have freewill. But even at this point you know that with freewill to make decisions comes responsibility. If i went to pick a knife to slit my hand, no one will likely hold me. I make my decisions, but hey! I suffer the consequences of my actions.

Since a divine being created us, worshiping him in the right way should teach us that we can our lives within moral boundaries. Set not by us, but that divine being.

You mentioned the Japanese. Good. We ultimately are responsible for what happens to us. No differing view on that. However we have not been given the ability to set standards for ourselves for what is right and wrong. Since we choose to set such, that's why the poverty, war, crimes abound. Because rather than conform to moral codes of the universe as set by the one who created it, we dominate each other to our injuries.

So sir, we make our decisions and we take responsibility BUT, the bad effects of decisions can be severely limited if we recognize the fact that we were not created to set certain standards, and we conform fully to the One who has the legal right to set such standards.

He has left us such standards..but will never force us to follow them. If we follow them, we will enjoy a better life..if we do not, he will forgive us if we truly are down at heart but won't shield us from the consequences.

Remember what they say: If education is expensive, try ignorance...and they also said, ignorance of the law isn't an excuse...

My friend, let me tell you, it is the same religions that were created by men that tell you to do this, do that, don't do this and don't do that. Have you ever wondered why some religious doctrines have been modified? That's because they no longer support the lives of those who presented them to us.

I have seen people do very senseless things all because of what they believe religiously. I know a religious leader who drives on the road and people take the soil that his car tyres pass (a machine built by man), pour it in cups with water and drink it as if they are 'soaking' garri. I see poor wretched folks do this several times while their lives still remain same.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by GoldenSpine24(m): 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2017
Rapmoney:
My friend, let me tell you, it is the same religions that were created by men that tell you to do this, do that, don't do this and don't do that. Have you ever wondered why some religious doctrines have been modified? That's because they no longer support the lives of those who presented them to us.

I have seen people do very senseless things all because of what they believe religiously. I know a religious leader who drives on the road and people take the soil that his car tyres pass (a machine built by man), pour it in cups with water and drink it as if they are 'soaking' garri. I see poor wretched folks do this several times while their lives still remain same.

I don't doubt those things happens. Worse things even happen. My point is that, it's a case of people claiming giving a different edge to the purpose religion should serve. It doesn't mean religion doesn't have a purpose to serve. And you saying that,it's the same man that created religion.... Man diversified it, however God has always had his principles for those who want to worship him in the right way.

Why don't you check jw.org at your spare time and lets talk bout your findings? A lot about religion is handled there as well as other questions of pertinence.
Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by frank317: 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2017
The bad news is that people like spacetacular are over in white man land, enjoying the goodies of rational thinking while they encourage the likes of Ebuka, Felixomor and Analice to wait on magic down here.... Continue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by felixomor: 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2017
frank317:
The bad news is that people like spacetacular are over in white man land, enjoying the goodies of rational thinking while they encourage the likes of Ebuka, Felixomor and Analice to wait on magic down here.... Continue

When atheists speak of "rational thinking".....
Phew undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by johnydon22(m): 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2017
felixomor:

When atheists speak of "rational thinking".....
Phew undecided

I am sure you are the Father of rational thinking. Enjoy it.

The world really is not as serious as you take it, you are very emotional about this whole thing.

Get a grip brother

6 Likes

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by felixomor: 8:14pm On Aug 01, 2017
johnydon22:

The world really is not as serious as you take it, you are very emotional about this whole thing.

Get a grip brother

Wow.
This comment will benefit the atheist I was addressing, more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by spacetacular(f): 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2017
felixomor:

Wow.

You can say that again! I deliberately ignored the caterwauling bloke.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by frank317: 8:46pm On Aug 01, 2017
spacetacular:

You can say that again! I deliberately ignored the caterwauling bloke.

Lol... And why do I have the feeling that a Christian just walked by...

U know u are not nice to Felixomor and his likes in Naija here... Or wouldn't u want them to call on holy spirit to give them millions of naira? Perhaps holy spirit is also giving u enough cash over there.

3 Likes

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by malvisguy212: 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2017
Rapmoney:
There are things common sense should be able to prove to us. Our brains are powerful; we should think and act positively. This should show us why some countries are more advanced than others even with little or no resources. We should learn from the Japanese. Would you think that it was Bhudda that gave Japan technological advancement?

The holiness of God is described as being above anything that humans can attain, such that no human can stand before Him as holy. Behaving more morally upright than most other people is not sufficient to escape the punishment of the God of the Bible.>>>
Leviticus 11:45
'For I am the LORD, who brought you
up from the land of Egypt, to be
your God; thus you shall be holy for
I AM HOLY.'"

now, answer this question please. Why will man 'invent' a God that demands holiness inwardly and outwardly?
Romans1:22-23
Professing to be wise, they became
fools, and exchanged the glory of
the incorruptible God for an image
in the form of corruptible man and
of birds and four-footed animals
and crawling creatures.

I think this verse is the answer to the op.
Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by felixomor: 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2017
frank317:

Lol... And why do I have the feeling that a Christian just walked by...

U know u are not nice to Felixomor and his likes in Naija here... Or wouldn't u want them to call on holy spirit to give them millions of naira? Perhaps holy spirit is also giving u enough cash over there.

Stop spewing thrash.
You dont even know where I live

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by GenghisAlexa(m): 10:27pm On Aug 01, 2017
Click like if you think Jesus was black.
Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 02, 2017
johnydon22:

Get a grip brother

As in.
frank317:

Lmao, I found this too funny.

1 Like

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Wilgrea7(m): 3:57am On Aug 02, 2017
nice one OP

1 Like

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by hopefulLandlord: 6:30am On Aug 02, 2017
frank317:

4 Likes

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by johnydon22(m): 7:16am On Aug 02, 2017
felixomor:

Wow.

Perhaps it would benefit the person more, I didn't read the post at first
Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by frank317: 9:27am On Aug 02, 2017
felixomor:

Stop spewing thrash.
You dont even know where I live

So does the holy spirit send u cash? Or do u ask it to send u millions?

1 Like

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by felixomor: 10:36am On Aug 02, 2017
frank317:

So does the holy spirit send u cash? Or do u ask it to send u millions?

Foolish question.
Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by frank317: 10:42am On Aug 02, 2017
felixomor:

Foolish question.

You can call it foolish question again... unfortunately some Yahweh servants are asking people to actually ask holy spirit for millions, do u think that's a foolish act too? spacetacular what do u think? do u think felixomor can ask holy spirit for millions?

1 Like

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by felixomor: 1:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
frank317:

You can call it foolish question again... unfortunately some Yahweh servants are asking people to actually ask holy spirit for millions, do u think that's a foolish act too? spacetacular what do u think? do u think felixomor can ask holy spirit for millions?

And what has that got to do with God's existence?

This must be the reason why you will never find atheists establishing schools or universities.

Atheists love ignorance and irrationality.

1 Like

Re: Are We Worshipping A 'White God'? by Aaronsrod: 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
GenghisAlexa:
Click like if you think Jesus was black.

You must fear for your soul!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Better To Have Sex With A Woman Than A Sex Doll / ‘ From June Ending, Another One Is Coming’ – TB Joshua Tells Donald Trump / Angry Native Doctor Spotted In A Bank With His PA And His Girlfriend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.