Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny (4522 Views)

Lagos Government Destroyed My Property Worth N270million Without Compensating Me / Don't Let People's Opinion Derail You. All U Need Is The Right Attitude / Bet9ja Wants To Destroy My Destiny PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 9:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
Below �is a testimony of someone that took a bold step in investing in real estate

''Do not listen to anyone telling you to invest ooo!”

That was the voice of my mother, but I will never forget this investment experience that later saved my life.

My first Major visit to Nigeria after almost 10 years was in 2007, Banana Island and Oniru Estate were the best locations where you could find the movers and shakers of Lagos. MoHits had just released their numerous singles, ‘Why Me’ & "Pere" were my best jams.... if you weren't in 1145 or Bacchus on Friday nights, you were lost in the social scene.

I learnt everything from Aristo to Groto, the best place to eat Ofada rice and their Sunday nights had no Part 2. I was just 26years old. I had a G-Wagon and a Blue convertible MiniCooper GT. I didn’t understand the Nigerian Investment Scheme. I was naive and somewhat paranoid.

I met this developer Akin, who had a beautiful piece of land, located on a major road in Oniru Private Estate. His amazing Brochure showed that he was developing a 16 unit 3-Bedroom apartment.

“Suji, this is an opportunity of a life time, I am only giving you this chance because you speak French and we are both young. I have 16 Units and I have sold 12, grab 1 now before it is too late. For now it’s selling for 50M Naira, if you buy now, you can sell when we complete the project for 100M Naira”

It sounded too good to be true, but coming from a Venture Capital background, things like this were not strange to me. However, this young Oniru developer was too sharp for me. I was new in Lagos, and he was very persuasive. Do I trust him or not?

After spending 5 weeks in Nigeria, I had to go back to Paris. I had about 70M Naira left and I had only 2 choices: invest 50M Naira into the Oniru property or put it a Fixed Deposit and make 7% annually?

The fixed deposit was an insult on my intelligence but it was safe. The Oniru off-plan property sounded great but too risky. As a strategic risk-taker, hedging my risk on security and assurances, I took the Oniru property; after all, I had already spent more than 30M in nightclubs and on gifts for family and friends. I closed my eyes, paid Akin the 25M and gave him post-dated Cheques for 10M and 15M Naira, tied to milestones.

My Mum nearly fainted when she heard.

‘Ajaniogunnnn!!! You have given money to a thief!!!’

My aunty, my friends, my brother, everyone told me I was stupid; that the Developer will use my money to drink Champagne in Groto, but I trusted the Developer and I loved the project. My heart was beating fast but my conscience told me I did the right thing. People talk nonsense about things they don’t understand.

1 year after, no apartment, no house, Akin's phones were switched off!

‘Chaiiii!!!! This guy has finished me! Should I contact EFCC and SFU? I want my money back.”

Then, One beautiful summer of 2009, Akin called me:

“Mr Suji, sorry I have been away. I lost my mum but all is good. I am back now and your property will be ready in 8months. If you want your money back, I can send it to you in 3 Months.”

I was confused but I trusted the voice in my head. I allowed him to go ahead with the building and in 7 months, I received a nice 3 Bedroom with 1 BQ and 2 car parks.

Unfortunately for me, 2009 was a rough year, the international economic recession had affected my business and I was in dire need of money and sold my apartment for 105M Naira. This saved my life. What looked like failure became a fortune. I changed this money to Euros, revamped my business and compounded that money INTO MILLIONS which became the foundation on which I started Sujimoto construction in 2014.

Written by

Sijibomi Ogundele
MD/CEO SujiMotors

we are Here To Help You Actualise Your dream in property investment.

For more information and enquiries please call/WhatsApp Rosedale Realty +2348068677558
Rosedalerealtors@gmail.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X471Dm3dogA

Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2017
It's not just about buying a land, it's about putting your money where it counts..

We are having a tour of Ibeju Lekki/Ajah axis on Saturday 19th.

Time: 8am.

If interested pls whatsapp 08068677558 or indicate here.
We will be visiting some sites available for sales that we've talked about or advertised here.

You aren't in Naija as we speak but you would like to invest in one of our properties, kindly send a member of your family to join us or you can as well ask us for the video of your interested product(s).

85% of our clients are based in abroad, so we got you covered.

Good afternoon and have a blessed new week

we are Here To Help You Actualise Your dream
Fore more information and enquiries please call/WhatsApp Rosedale Homes +2348068677558
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2017
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.

Invest in Landed Properties...

Put a call through today to secure that future.

For more information and enquiries about our properties please call/WhatsApp +2348068677558
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 10:10am On Sep 11, 2017
Fore more information and enquiries please call/WhatsApp Rosedale Homes +2348068677558
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 11:29am On Sep 22, 2017
Land is the best investment that guarantees security
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2017
For more information and enquiries please call/WhatsApp Rosedale Homes +2348068677558
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2017

For more information and enquiries about our properties please call/WhatsApp David +2348068677558
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 3:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
So considering all the amenities and attractions that Ibeju-Lekki has to offer, a property in this region may be the best option for those looking for properties in Lagos. This city is going to be the fastest growing centre in Nigeria and it is predicted to Increase its population by ten(10x) in the next few years, Looking at how fast this city is growing, Ibeju-Lekki is the best place for anyone who want to invest in property that will bring the highest return on investment.

Call or WhatsApp Rosedale Homes on 08068677558 or 08158770323 for detailed information on all the estates and site inspection
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
This city is going to be the fastest growing centre in Nigeria and it is predicted to Increase its population by ten(10x) in the next few years, Looking at how fast this city is growing, Ibeju-Lekki is the best place for anyone who want to invest in property that will bring the highest return on investment.

Call or WhatsApp Rosedale Homes on 08068677558 or 08158770323 for detailed information on all the estates and site inspection
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
You can't afford to miss this.

For more information and inspection call/whatsapp David : 08068677558
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 12:27am On Nov 10, 2017
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.

For more information and enquiries about our properties please call/WhatsApp +2348068677558
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2017
For more information and enquiries please call/WhatsApp Rosedale Homes +2348068677558
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 9:42am On Nov 22, 2017
Still available
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2017

Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 11:28pm On Dec 07, 2017
Fore more information and enquiries please call/WhatsApp Rosedale Realty +2348068677558
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 12:02am On Dec 15, 2017
For seat reservation on inspection, please call:
Name: Rosedale Realty
Mobile: 08068677558 or 08158770323
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 9:56am On Dec 23, 2017
Selling
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2017
Don't miss out on this opportunity
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
The value of these properties increases daily and in the very near future it would be the preferred home of many.

This is the right time to invest for now and for the Future.
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by Dollabiz: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2018
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
Invest today and not tomorrow because tomorrow may be too late! Lands are appreciating daily. Buy today so you can enjoy the benefits in real estate. This is a buy and build estate. Call/WhatsApp: +2348068677558
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by archangel1(m): 8:03am On Jan 19, 2018
Land matters and real estate issues in nairaland does not get palatable followership and response. Bitter truth.
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 3:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
Be part of the success stories in the NEW LAGOS, invest in Ibeju Lekki as properties are affordable now
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 9:24pm On Mar 05, 2018
For Inspection and further enquiries,

Please call Rosedale Realty on — 08068677558 or 08158770323
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 6:19pm On Apr 07, 2018

Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2018
For best property deals in lagos please Contact/WhatsApp: David on 08068677558 or 08158770323
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 2:59am On May 18, 2018

Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 11:18am On Jun 01, 2018

Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 10:34pm On Jun 18, 2018
Please for further information call or send us a chat on whatsapp +2348068677558
Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 6:14am On Jul 06, 2019

Re: Investing In Nigeria: How People's Opinion Almost Destroyed My Destiny by threadstohn: 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2019
For best property deals in lagos please Contact us on WhatsApp/Call: Rosedale Realty on 08068677558

(1) (2) (Reply)

Architectural Design Of 4 Bedroom Penthouse For A Plot Of Landl / MMM Nigeria Restarts, Wipes Out Billions Of Investments / How Much Can You Actually Make Monthly On Forex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.