Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

How To Toast A Nigerian Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Toast A Nigerian Guy (28595 Views)

Men Are Afraid To Toast Me Because Of My Uniform -female Army / How To Toast A Girl You Met Online???? / 6 Places You Should Never Toast A Nigerian Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by optional1(f): 9:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
Let’s get this fact straight for starters, the
Nigerian society doesn’t favour a girl to be so bold as to ask a guy out (toast a guy). Thus, we ladies must take extra precautions before
embarking on this near deadly mission.

Below are some rules to follow when you want to toast a Nigerian guy as written by Nkechi Bianze.

1. Relationship status:
You must make efforts to check that the coast is clear. Make sure sey you nor go toast person husband or boyfriend. Besides the fact that the responsible men in this category will always give a heart-punching no for an answer; girls are not smiling. Acid and hot water baths are real. Some people will go any length to protect their territories.

2. Mentality:
For me, this is the most important. You see, the worst thing about taking the bold step to toast a Nigerian guy isn’t getting a no for an answer, but the attitude of response and the latter effect. I would consider myself lucky in this case because my brain is in a very good collaborative relationship with heart, when it
comes to romantic affairs. My brain assesses the individual first, then it gives a go ahead to the heart to do as it wishes.

These are the questions to ask…. How does he think, or what is his thought process? Does he belong to the 16th, 18th, 19th or 21st century? Does he align with the
school of thought that a woman is like an
ornament who should wait for the highest
bidder? What does he think about a girl asking a guy out? These are some of the things you should find out before making a bold step. For what shall it profit a girl to gather all the liver to toast a guy, only to get ridiculed, considered cheap, loose and all sorts?

3. Go straight to the point:
Whatever option you decide, don’t say long
stories, a sentence or two should do. When you toast a Nigerian guy, make it succinct and go straight to the point. After you must have let it out, let him know you expect a response. Like,“what do you think? Can we do this?”. If he thinks you are joking, or not taking your request seriously, sound it again, look him in the eyes and tell him that you are serious about what you said.

Don’t push him for answers, let him go at his pace. Remind him after a couple of days, if he
still gives you no answer, then my dear….
silence in this case most likely means no. A guy who is game would usually respond to you in 48hours or less.

4. What if he says yes, did he say yes for real? This is where your smartness, the ability to
detect behavioral code, and the spirit of
discernment is needed. From my roughly
estimated statistics, 1 in 2 of Nigerian men who say yes to women who ask them out do so for very selfish reasons, or just to ridicule the girl. Most girls should be able to detect this if they pay attention to some tiny and “irrelevant” details. When you toast a Nigerian guy, you must tell yourself some home truths, listen to your instinct, and don’t let the excitement of getting a yes for an answer cloud your senses. The signs are always there. If you think the “yes” is for real, by all means flex away. But if you think it’s not for real, withdraw a little, watch from a distance, then take a walk if you still aren’t convinced…. and if you are a good girl. If you are a baddass girl, take all you can get
from the “relationship”, but make sure you
don’t invest emotions. The sharp girls will turn it to a case of the player becoming the played.

Rejection hurts… and when it comes to
toasting, it hurts girls more due to societal influence. However, it wouldn’t be wise to stop making requests due to the fear of rejection.

5. Be realistic:
Understand that when you toast a Nigerian guy, you may get a no for an answer. And if
and when you do, dust off and move on, then wait for the next cute guy to come your way, and start the process all over again. Continue till you catch the big fish or the big fish catches you. While at these, look after yourself and look good. Make sure you also have a good brain to accompany the good looks. Most big catches fancy pretty girls with working brains. You can thank me later, or don’t even mention at all.

What are we friends for?

glowville.net/how-to-toast-a-nigerian-guy/

glowville.net/how-to-toast-a-nigerian-guy/

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by daewoorazer(m): 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2017
angry

Optional1

'He that will gift out a cloth, his wardrobe should be at first screened.'

How many you don woo ?

Let's start from there

Don't tell us what u can't practise

Cool idea though, works antagonistically against our bleeped up culture

7 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
I only know how to Toast bread,

Never knew that a Nigeria guy can be Toasted shocked

6 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Fadiga24(m): 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2017
Let me park here and be checking profile pictures.

Listening to 'Romantic' by Tiwa Savage ft Korede Bello.
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hmm.
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by DarkMagic(m): 9:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
So..wooing a guy is a deadly mission..

Lemme goan laff grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by decatalyst(m): 9:48pm On Aug 02, 2017
Caringguy:
I only know how to Toast bread,

Never knew that a Nigeria guy can be Toasted shocked

I am believing they could be roasted too grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Evablizin(f): 9:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
grin

Wow Toast a guy and Roast a guy
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Divay22 oya come here and learn how to toast a guy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 02, 2017
Inna ehn.
In all my life, no girl has ever ask me out sad

1 Like

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by KELVINXY: 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
Only happens in Hollywood movies

Even Nollywood sef never perfected this act

Ps. The truth there is,
even when our ladies try's to push their limits;most naija guys won't appreciate.
They start acting up and naively labeling the lady "olosho"
Which if it's in the western world it's well applauded.

9 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by femi4: 10:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
Only rich girl should toast me...I don't date broke girls

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by holyboii: 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
Nigerian Girls are all the same

keep the toasting to yourselves we are used to this anyways.stick to being the sex objects you all are
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
It's like the Op is looking for a guy to toast.

Coman toast me
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by vuc1(m): 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
Misused that opportunity in my school days (2nd year) if it is now eh the rest will be history. Any girl that does that deserves some respect especially if she has something upstairs.

4 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
Toasted my first love back in sec sch, can still remember d heart beating, d stuttering and the slight shaking... Lolz. Some people are better off as platonic frds, introduce romance into d friendship and watch it crumble...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by vicben27(m): 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
I respect ladies who build courage to do that. bin in two relationships like that in the past n is some of the best moments yet. I hail the girls them WY get mind

2 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
Don't woo guys. You'll be used like a piece of tissue and dumped afterwards 'cause most of them are opportunist when it comes to this.

Don't say I didn't warn you!. Woo them at your peril. Men are wired to hunt, not to be hunted.

3 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Fadiga24(m): 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
Benita27:
Don't woo guys. You'll be used like a piece of tissue and dumped afterwards 'cause most of them are opportunist when it comes to this.

Don't say I didn't warn you!. Woo them at your peril.

Yimu, how many guys have used you like a tissue?

11 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by ProudtobeaMUMUM(m): 10:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
Benita27:

Don't say I didn't warn you!. Woo them at your peril. Men are wired to hunt, not to be hunted.
What of my sister that toasted Ahmed Indimi, now they are both married

3 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
Fadiga24:

Yimu, how many guys have used you like a tissue?
Be looking for who'll woo you. Ode!. grin
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
femi4:
Only rich girl should toast me...I don't date broke girls

2 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Fadiga24(m): 10:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
Benita27:
Be looking for who'll woo you. Ode!. grin

No spoil market abeg. sad

2 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
Fadiga24:

No spoil market abeg. sad
cheesy grin
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by pryme(m): 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2017
Op, this can't happen in Nigeria.

We stand a better chance getting hit by a space ship, than this happening.

2 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by ifyan(m): 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hmm you won make our ladies pee for pant

4 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by ifyan(m): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
pryme:
Op, this can't happen in Nigeria.

We stand a better chance getting hit by a space ship, than this happening.

Kind of
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Amarabae(f): 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
Don't try it.
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2017
Benita27:

what is the meaning of this now, why spoil market for us
I had a lot of expectations for self this night, with my trap comment embarassed

2 Likes

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
sunshineG:
what is the meaning of this now, why spoil market for us
I had a lot of expectations for self this night, with my trap comment embarassed
I don't get what you're trying to say.
Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
Amarabae:
Don't try it.
angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Toast A Nigerian Guy by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2017
Benita27:
I don't get what you're trying to say.
don't you see my earlier comment on the thread
I wrote that I have never been wooed before by a girl grin
it was a trap for pity from some girls
Now you have spoil market, with your comment angry angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who A Big Girl Is NOT / I Found My Girlfriend's Picture On A Customer's Phone! / The Cry Of A Teenager: Guys In Their Twenties Should Leave Our Girls Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.