Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial (19482 Views)

Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police / Olusegun Kayode Bello: "My Rejoinder To The Nigerian Law School's Statement" / Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by yomalex(m): 10:03am On Aug 03, 2017
KayBello

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by cryptogene: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2017
CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by yim(f): 10:06am On Aug 03, 2017
baby124:

Which law states that a council should reserve the right to admit someone who is fit and proper
Legal Education Act gives the Council of Legal Education rights to make laws they seem fit for legal education and part of those rules is the doctrine of FIT and PROPER
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by bolethings: 10:07am On Aug 03, 2017
So we have a terrible Law school in Nigeria when we currently have a SAN as acting President. Same way we're having herdsmen problems when the President is the Chairmen of Miyetti Allah Cow Association. Just like we had no goods roads in the Niger Delta when Jonathan held sway. Also, no feasible project in Ogun for 8 years Obasanjo was President. I'm now confused that Nigeria's problem is beyond the ordinary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by palearab: 10:10am On Aug 03, 2017
I would have prefered for each state to have there own Law School by that it will be less stressful and cumbersome..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by GBASKY: 10:11am On Aug 03, 2017
Lucid1:
He's an unrepentant brat. I feel for his parents and guardians

THE GUY IS A VERY GOOD GUY THE ASSHOLES IN THE POSITION OF AUTHORITY ARE THE PAIN IN THE NECK THAT NEVER DREAM OF A POSITIVE CHANGE TO ANYTHING
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by baby124: 10:12am On Aug 03, 2017
yim:

Legal Education Act gives the Council of Legal Education rights to make laws they seem fit for legal education and part of those rules is the doctrine of FIT and PROPER
Give the law school the right to make laws. Can you cite this act and where it exists in the Nigerian constitution. I am waiting... do you mean laws or administrative mode of conduct. The only people qualified to pass laws in Nigeria are who?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by demobaba1(m): 10:12am On Aug 03, 2017
This is serious.
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by MrMcJay(m): 10:13am On Aug 03, 2017
yim:
The guy is a mumu. He was busy printing shirts that the DG must go, the body of benchers invited him for a meeting on 3 occasions he didn't attend.
True, many things are not going well in law school but the way he went about it is irresponsible.
He was admitted based on conditions of good behavior cos of his antecedent in UI. Law School may consider in another 10years cheesy grin

Were you in his campus in the NLS and possess first hand information or you read about it like others?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by jamesbridget13(f): 10:15am On Aug 03, 2017
Grant him another chance oooooo
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by MrMcJay(m): 10:15am On Aug 03, 2017
baby124:

Give the law school the right to make laws. Can you cite this act and where it exists in the Nigerian constitution. I am waiting... do you mean laws or administrative mode of conduct. The only people qualified to pass laws in Nigeria are who?

You're actually wrong.

The Legal Education Act is part of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN). The constitution of Nigeria is also part of the LFN.
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by GBASKY: 10:16am On Aug 03, 2017
bolethings:
So we have a terrible Law school in Nigeria when we currently have a SAN as acting President. Same way we're having herdsmen problems when the President is the Chairmen of Miyetti Allah Cow Association. Just like we had no goods roads in the Niger Delta when Jonathan held sway. Also, no feasible project in Ogun for 8 years Obasanjo was President. I'm now confused that Nigeria's problem is beyond the ordinary.

GOD BLES YOU - MOST OF THE PROBLEMS IN THIS COUNTRY ARE CAUSED BY THE SO CALLED 'ELDERS' WHO ARE NOW JUDGING THE RESULTS AS IF THEY ARE NOT THE CAUSE -MSHEWW

1 Like

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by baby124: 10:18am On Aug 03, 2017
MrMcJay:

You're actually wrong.

The Legal Education Act is part of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN). The constitution of Nigeria is also part of the LFN.
Show me proof where a law school can pass laws in the Nigerian constitution. It makes no sense that in a country, a school is passing laws concurrently with those being passed in the legislative and signed in the executive. I am waiting...
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by MrMcJay(m): 10:21am On Aug 03, 2017
baby124:

Show me proof where a law school can pass laws in the Nigerian constitution. It makes no sense that in a country, a school is passing laws concurrently with those being passed in the legislative and signed in the executive. I am waiting...

Pls, stop disgracing yourself here. If you don't know something, you ask questions. That's how enlightened people behave.

The Legal Education Act wasn't passed by the Nigerian Law School. It's was enacted in 1962 before even the Law School was established. The Law School was established on the strength of the legislation contained in the Legal Education Act.
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by Jabioro: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2017
I won't bothering myself with long appealing.. Let him be rusticated as the gavel that guard the school had fell on him..
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by cinoedhunter: 10:25am On Aug 03, 2017
Lawyers spotted over this thread...
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by zeben(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2017
ExInferis:
No way!

Give him a chance and you've set a precedence for copycats.

Every two-bit blowhard will want to raise a racket and be famous, especially in this age of unrestrained social media conquests.

Authority must be respected.

Let him stew in his own pot, the entitled idiot.
your type is the balless type that cant express himself in d face of oppression..mumu of d year
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by zeben(m): 10:28am On Aug 03, 2017
baby124:

Which law states that a council should reserve the right to admit someone who is fit and proper. By the way, what does fit and proper mean? If he has fulfilled all educational requirements and does not have a criminal past then he is fit and proper.

As far as I am concerned, Kayode did not commit any crime. So why is he being harassed? Is the law school trying to bring out zombies who they can control and mistreat? Why is the law school afraid of change and criticism? No wonder we have people who come out of Nigerian law school not even knowing what they are doing?

Does it make any sense to you that a school should even allow reserved seating? Should students not question that? Why is the law school admitting more students than their capacity? Why have people not challenged this? Why are people forced to study in substandard facilities? For years? No change and you talk about Fit and Proper?

I don't think the management of the law school are fit and proper in the head. Make una come chase me commot from my profession Na? Useless and shameless people. A bunch of lawyers carrying administrative procedure to cover their shamelessness when their inadequacy is exposed.
GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL..dont mind those punks who cant stand their weaknesses when reminded
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by baby124: 10:32am On Aug 03, 2017
MrMcJay:

Pls, stop disgracing yourself here. If you don't know something, you ask questions. That's how enlightened people behave.

The Legal Education Act wasn't passed by the Nigerian Law School. It's was enacted in 1962 before even the Law School was established. The Law School was established on the strength of the legislation contained in the Legal Education Act.
Show me proof of where it exists in the constitution that a school can pass laws concurrently with that being passed in the legislative or shut the hell up. You brought it up and I asked for proof. Typical pangolo lazy lawyer. Who just repeats what the has heard as fact.

1 Like

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by ExInferis(m): 10:34am On Aug 03, 2017
zeben:
your type is the balless type that cant express himself in d face of oppression..mumu of d year

Fukk off, cunt face.
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 03, 2017
#GiveKayodeasecondchance
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by grandslamchamp: 10:47am On Aug 03, 2017
Not in the legal profession though, but having read both side story i think he should be recalled
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by MrMcJay(m): 10:48am On Aug 03, 2017
baby124:

Show me proof of where it exists in the constitution that a school can pass laws concurrently with that being passed in the legislative or shut the hell up. You brought it up and I asked for proof. Typical pangolo lazy lawyer. Who just repeats what the has heard as fact.

I overestimated your intelligence. Within my previous post lies a cure for your ignorance.

Sayonara!
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by emmanok24(m): 10:49am On Aug 03, 2017
I wonder why we can't see what she happening to the guy. He has over the years built a disruptive image for himself and this attitude doesn't look like its stopping anytime soon.

For you all saying he should be given a second chance, will you gladly welcome such a disruptive individual who has constantly proven to go against constituted authority a chance to work in your firm?

He's like the proverbial "Son investigating his father's death before he is empowered".

In just hope he won't in no distant time start searching for jobs on Nairaland cos I don't see any one willing to start a law practice with him not to talk of letting him handle a case.

1 Like

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 03, 2017
baby124:

Stop displaying stupidity below that of a lay person. The only laws to obey in a nation is not the constitution. This is basic!
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by baby124: 11:01am On Aug 03, 2017
markdonpuzo:

Stop displaying stupidity below that of a lay person. The only laws to obey in a nation is not the constitution. This is basic!
Do you know the difference between a law and a mode of conduct? Wait first, are you a lawyer? Lay man you say? I am here waiting for proof. No wonder this law school is so inadequate and poor. Look at you wearing a badge of stupidity and low education. Thereby disgracing yourself and this mumu law school this guy is trying to improve. Charge and bail lawyer.
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by oyejideogunjumo: 11:05am On Aug 03, 2017
ishowdotgmail:

http://thenationonlineng.net/law-school-vs-citizen-bello/
I am not taking side but I think if I were in the position of Bello I will rather pipe low to get my desired certificate.No justice in this country and if you try to bell the cat you wl be used aw scape goat.Femi Falana was denied his NYSC discharge certificate because he refused to hand shake IBB as the best corper . He was given much later.
You may want to be an activist but get your weapon first.
The issue of seat reservation has been on ground when I was in higher institution more than three decades ago due to over population.Besides I learnt not to be against female students that time.They can do anything and get away with it due to many factors that I may not go into now.They can enter where u least expected unchallenged. The societal reservation for them worsens matt

1 Like

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by sharma234: 11:06am On Aug 03, 2017
emmanok24:
I wonder why we can't see what she happening to the guy. He has over the years built a disruptive image for himself and this attitude doesn't look like its stopping anytime soon.

For you all saying he should be given a second chance, will you gladly welcome such a disruptive individual who has constantly proven to go against constituted authority a chance to work in your firm?

He's like the proverbial "Son investigating his father's deabefore he is empowered".
The q
In just hope he won't in no distant time start searching for jobs on Nairaland cos I don't see any one willing to start a law practice with him not to talk of letting him handle a case.

The question should be" was he right in the instances where he was allegedly disruptive". If he was, then he can be disciplined but expulsion is not the answer. We should not follow laws blindly. We should also not consider complaints and questions as being disruptive and impertinence.
Yes , the Nigerian law School has the right to admit people determined to be fit and proper as the law requires. Same way the University will not allow you to graduate if standards are not met.
Lawyers are the 3rd arm of government,when things are not going right ;lawyers should be the first to come out and say so. When this same lawyers start reacting with Draconian measures in the face of complaints then WE HAVE A PROBLEM.
just because it has been that way for donkey years doesn't mean it's right.
both the NLS and kayode are both found wanting in this case

2 Likes

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by luminouz(m): 11:06am On Aug 03, 2017
yim:

The Council of Legal Education reserves exclusive rights on who they admit and there is a doctrine of FIT and PROPER that lies in their discretion and they have the force of the law by the provisions of the Legal Education Act. They have case gan an ni
Hmmmm
D way I dey see u so...u go like argument oooo...
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 03, 2017
Of course if a woman is involved then the man is automatically at fault. If it were between two guys its likely that nobody would hear of it.

Is it a policy in the school that seats should be reserved for students? If no, then, this school is merely being tyrannical. The guy's previous disruptive behavior has no bearing on the case at hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Awa'aji Zanna Graduates With FIRST CLASS From Indian University / Two Nairalanders Sign Out Of UNIOSUN. / Ten Types Of People You Would Probably Meet In A Lecture Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.