Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial (19485 Views)

Expelled Olusegun Kayode Bello Sues Nigerian Law School, Police / Olusegun Kayode Bello: "My Rejoinder To The Nigerian Law School's Statement" / Why Olusegun Kayode Bello Was Expelled From The Nigerian Law School - Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by olaniyisamuel(m): 11:23am On Aug 03, 2017
yim post=59103419[b:
[i]The guy is a mumu[/i]. [/b]He was busy printing shirts that the DG must go, the body of benchers invited him for a meeting on 3 occasions he didn't attend.
True, many things are not going well in law school but the way he went about it is irresponsible.
He was admitted based on conditions of good behavior cos of his antecedent in UI. Law School may consider in another 10years cheesy grin

If not for d sake of high esteem, respect I have for feminine, I would ve shed light into ur #intelligence.. In view to dis, don't b quick to support/oppose but rather get d information right..

****kindly advice...
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by mfm04622: 11:25am On Aug 03, 2017
Am not interested in reading the write-up. This will be the first time I will be commenting without reading the post.

We forget education is not only about learning but also about character building. He has shown poor characters and should not be allowed to be a lawyer! Simple.
The man does not deserve another chance. He was invited to the disciplinary committee and refused to attend! The committee was filled with hi seniors, some are even SANs. He was given the chance to defend himself, he refused. That means he know he can't escape. His reported behaviours also shows he is not fit to be a lawyer.
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 03, 2017
MrMcJay:

Pls, stop disgracing yourself here. If you don't know something, you ask questions. That's how enlightened people behave.

The Legal Education Act wasn't passed by the Nigerian Law School. It's was enacted in 1962 before even the Law School was established. The Law School was established on the strength of the legislation contained in the Legal Education Act.

Why are you arguing with a non learned colleague please save your argument obviously she's not a lawyer , I read the one arguing over fit and proper too she obviously don't know what that means , when someone who's not a lawyer talks you know and you need to argue because she can't understand
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by mfm04622: 11:26am On Aug 03, 2017
olaniyisamuel:

If not for d sake of high esteem, respect I have for feminine, I would ve shed light into ur #intelligence.. In view to dis, don't b quick to support/oppose but rather get d information right..

****kindly advice...

So, provide the correct information! Thank you
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by ogawisdom(m): 11:27am On Aug 03, 2017
This Bello dude is now using newspapers to beg, he shld go to court nw blood rascal. Ppl like him are always very poor academically n only kws hw to organize protest Dino comes to mind.

Bello can't pass d bar final exams even if he sits for three times BC he is a dullard
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by baby124: 11:29am On Aug 03, 2017
chloe7:

Why are you arguing with a non learned colleague please save your argument obviously she's not a lawyer , I read the one arguing over fit and proper too she obviously don't know what that means , when someone who's not a lawyer talks you know and you need to argue because she can't understand
Show the proof then lawyer. Learned colleagues who cannot research and prove their presumptions! You people do not even know the difference between school mode of conduct and passing laws. No wonder the level of intelligence and the quality of lawyers in Nigeria is soooo poor. You cannot think outside of what you hear. You lack the ability to back up your argument or show proof. Learned colleague? You? You need to go and ask for refund from wherever passed you out as a lawyer.

4 Likes

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by olaniyisamuel(m): 11:29am On Aug 03, 2017
mfm04622:

So, provide the correct information! Thank you

Would b most understanding to u, if u could for minutes preview d whole scenario.... By reading d previous write up.., ***NBA bwari view ****Kayodes view....

****Tanks

1 Like

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 03, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:
Of course if a woman is involved then the man is automatically at fault. If it were between two guys its likely that nobody would hear of it.

Is it a policy in the school that seats should be reserved for students? If no, then, this school is merely being tyrannical. The guy's previous disruptive behavior has no bearing on the case at hand.

As a lawyer to be called to be called to the bar by the body of benchers and his name on the Supreme Court register/roll ,his previous and present behavior matters a whole lot , you can't be unruly and get away with it . that is why even in civil&criminal cases there's good and bad character evidence . There are some attitudes you display in your undergraduate days that are unruly that will never allow the person enter law school.
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by yim(f): 11:33am On Aug 03, 2017
baby124:

Show the proof then lawyer. Learned colleagues who cannot research and prove their presumptions! You people do not even know the difference between school mode of conduct and passing laws. No wonder the level of intelligence and the quality of lawyers in Nigeria is soooo poor. You cannot think outside of what you hear. You lack the ability to back up your argument or show proof. Learned colleague? You? You need to go and ask for refund from wherever passed you out as a lawyer.
Madam or Oga
First of at the Constitution is a grind norm and there are other laws that empower institutions
And example, there is ICAN Act that governs the way ICAN operates, the same way there is CAMA that governs CAC and how they deal with companies.
So Legal Education Act governs the Council of Legal Education of which law school is an arm.
So that Act governs the way law school operates.
So there you have it
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by stuffs4me(m): 11:33am On Aug 03, 2017
Lucid1:
He's an unrepentant brat. I feel for his parents and guardians

You could say that about Nelson Mandela of South Africa.
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by ogawisdom(m): 11:35am On Aug 03, 2017
coolhamid:
Dude have some balls which you don't, he wasn't scared to challenge the constituted authority and was never a liverless person like you.

And he is using newspaper to beg nw, he is jst a dullard n fool dt will ordinarily nt pass bar final exams even on three attempts
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 03, 2017
yim:

Madam or Oga
First of at the Constitution is a grind norm and there are other laws that empower institutions
And example, there is ICAN Act that governs the way ICAN operates, the same way there is CAMA that governs CAC and how they deal with companies.
So Legal Education Act governs the Council of Legal Education of which law school is an arm.
So there you have it
You don't owe her any explanations yim after being an oversabi since she knows the law more than lawyers to challenge the school and quality of education the. You really don't owe her any explanations to prove any point to her , point of corrections to baby123 or whatever she is I went to UI graduated with a 2'1 I went to law school finished with a 2'1 , the book I read to finish those two degrees you haven't read so guess what I won't waste my data to argue with you and your mediocrity
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by stuffs4me(m): 11:36am On Aug 03, 2017
yim:
The guy is a mumu. He was busy printing shirts that the DG must go, the body of benchers invited him for a meeting on 3 occasions he didn't attend.
True, many things are not going well in law school but the way he went about it is irresponsible.
He was admitted based on conditions of good behavior cos of his antecedent in UI. Law School may consider in another 10years cheesy grin

Nelson Mandela of South Africa was jailed for 27years just because he fought for equality of races in South Africa
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by fuke(m): 11:37am On Aug 03, 2017
ishowdotgmail:

http://thenationonlineng.net/law-school-vs-citizen-bello/

Who approved this editorial for the Nation?

Were OlatunjiDare ans Omatseye in the
editorial meeting that approved this?

This is a minus for The Nation, they have just
lost N250 revenue on Sunday.
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 03, 2017
chloe7:

As a lawyer to be called to be called to the bar by the body of benchers and his name on the Supreme Court register/roll ,his previous and present behavior matters a whole lot , you can't be unruly and get away with it . that is why even in civil&criminal cases there's good and bad character evidence . There are some attitudes you display in your undergraduate days that are unruly that will never allow the person enter law school.

Of course I know history is important. But in this present case it is not. You could easily substitute someone else for him and the case won't change. Not admitting him is a different matter. But as long as he is admitted he should be treated same as everyone else, regardless of history.

Was he within his right to not give up a seat? That is the first question. What about the other students involved? What happened with them? Perhaps they've been pardoned because they're not "disruptive".

Political lawyers who think everyone must lick their under
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by baby124: 11:38am On Aug 03, 2017
yim:

Madam or Oga
So there you have it
It's not a law. It's a code of conduct adopted by all institutions and regulating bodies. A law is different from a code of conduct.
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by yim(f): 11:38am On Aug 03, 2017
olaniyisamuel:

****kindly advice...
I am actually a student at the law school
So I know for a fact that law school is not the way it ought to be.
I am not in the Abuja campus. In Lagos when we had water issues,we complained through the SRC and it was solved albeit late but at least they apologized for it. The DG addressed us recently and told us that they are working on the deficiencies that they have.
Before he started his flyer sharing and short printing did he go through the proper channel? And was he refused?
When the Body of benchers called him for a meeting why did he shun it?
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by yim(f): 11:39am On Aug 03, 2017
baby124:

It's not a law. It's a code of conduct adopted by all institutions and regulating bodies. A law is different from a code of conduct.
What are u saying. It is law passed by the National Assembly,same way freedom of information Act is a law or that one is a code too undecided
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by baby124: 11:41am On Aug 03, 2017
chloe7:

You don't owe her any explanations yim after being an oversabi since she knows the law more than lawyers to challenge the school and quality of education the. You really don't owe her any explanations to prove any point to her , point of corrections to baby123 or whatever she is I went to UI graduated with a 2'1 I went to law school finished with a 2'1 , the book I read to finish those two degrees you haven't read so guess what I won't waste my data to argue with you and your mediocrity
First you don't understand English. Second you are a poor representation of a 2'1 from UI. Third, you are a very poor lawyer if you cannot cite acts that states that Nigerian law school can pass laws. Fourth, you lack shame and are adamant in your stupidity. Which is on display all over NL. Do you even know my educational background? I promise you that I can use all your achievement as toilet roll.

Finally, listen to Kayode Bello! He is trying to make you think and reason in a way that people will start to see you as a real lawyer who can defend her 2'1

1 Like

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 03, 2017
baby124:

There's a difference between a code of conduct and a law , even the legislature rests on the grundnorm and the grundnorm is extra legal and rests on none other , council of legal education makes the law for the governance of the law school and faculties of laws in every school of the federation. That's why there's something called laws of the federal republic of Nigeria because there are several laws under one law .

Also like you to note that you can pass your observations across without being rude and abusive , no one is quarreling with you here please stop this your behavior it's irritating

1 Like

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by baby124: 11:46am On Aug 03, 2017
yim:

What are u saying. It is law passed by the National Assembly,same way freedom of information Act is a law or that one is a code too undecided
LMAO! Smh... Nigerian Law school is a shame if the quality of the lawyers on this thread who do not know the difference between a code of conduct and a law. No wonder they are fighting Kayode Bello. They are afraid that their great incompetence will be exposed.

Madam you don't know all institutions have a code of conduct? This code of conduct can be challenged by anyone in the court if it is unreasonable and clashes with the laws of the land! Code of conduct is not a law!!! Any pangolo institution or organization can create code of conducts and they all have it!

2 Likes

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by baby124: 11:50am On Aug 03, 2017
chloe7:

There's a difference between a code of conduct and a law , even the legislature rests on the grundnorm and the grundnorm is extra legal and rests on none other , council of legal education makes the law for the governance of the law school and faculties of laws in every school of the federation. That's why there's something called laws of the federal republic of Nigeria because there are several laws under one law .

Also like you to note that you can pass your observations across without being rude and abusive , no one is quarreling with you here please stop this your behavior it's irritating
Why are you looking for soft landing when you started the insults? You tried to pump up yourself showing gross ignorance and the quality of your education here. I asked for proof and you went on a useless tirade. Is that how you defend your clients in court? What I see here is a definition of a code of conduct and not a law. Now I am asking you to show proof that the Nigerian law school can pass laws that will stand in the courts, especially when they violate the fundamental rights of a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by 8kingz(m): 11:50am On Aug 03, 2017
Lucid1:

So fighting for your right now makes u a brat, GO SKUL U NO GO HIA
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by adisabarber(m): 11:51am On Aug 03, 2017
He only fought for his right. Seat reservation is wrong when there are other people standing.

Lucid1:
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by yim(f): 11:54am On Aug 03, 2017
baby124:

LMAO! Smh... Nigerian Law school is a shame if the quality of the lawyers on this thread who do not know the difference between a code of conduct and a law. No wonder they are fighting Kayode Bello. They are afraid that their great incompetence will be exposed.

Madam you don't know all institutions have a code of conduct? This code of conduct can be challenged by anyone in the court if it is unreasonable and clashes with the laws of the land! Code of conduct is not a law!!! Any pangolo institution or organization can create code of conducts and they all have it!
I hate arguing on the internet with people who think they know but don't know.
I think Google would really be of help to you.
So are you telling me that EFCC Act ot NDLEA Act is a code of conduct formed by those institutions?
True they form codes for themselves to govern them but Acts are what creates them and give them powers.
Whoever you are, your education is not complete. Please go to any relative you have that is a lawyer to educate you or Google laws of the Federation of Nigeria and it may help your ignorance.
Have a blessed day.
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:

Of course I know history is important. But in this present case it is not. You could easily substitute someone else for him and the case won't change. Not admitting him is a different matter. But as long as he is admitted he should be treated same as everyone else, regardless of history.

Was he within his right to not give up a seat? That is the first question. What about the other students involved? What happened with them? Perhaps they've been pardoned because they're not "disruptive".

Political lawyers who think everyone must lick their under

Before a judgment there must be a hearing , when the other party doesn't show up on two or three occasions there will be a defacto judgment. According to what I read the guy show up when he was invited
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by baby124: 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2017
yim:

I hate arguing on the internet with people who think they know but don't know.
I think Google would really be of help to you.
So are you telling me that EFCC Act ot NDLEA Act is a code of conduct formed by those institutions?
True they form codes for themselves to govern them but Acts are what creates them and give them powers.
Whoever you are, your education is not complete. Please go to any relative you have that is a lawyer to educate you or Google laws of the Federation of Nigeria and it may help your ignorance.
Have a blessed day.
The act that forms the EFCC is an act of law. The EFCC cannot pass laws in this country which was the first thing you implied. They can only form code of conducts for their employees for internal governance. Those codes do not apply to everyone in the country like a law would.

Now, instead of you to correct your obvious lack of education. You are here making aimless and stupid arguments. Which further strengthen Kayode Bello's argument that the Nigerian law school is outdated, useless and run by a group of dinsaurs who cannot tell the difference between a code of conduct and a law. You are here arguing blindly and without proof that Nigerian law school can pass laws! It shows all of you in that school need electric shock therapy.

7 Likes

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by hibee4uall(m): 12:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
Good people of nairaland, pls help a brother to pay his law school fees.No amount is small,contact him on 08184941410 for more enquiries and verification . THANKS & GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by vicky9cee: 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
Have never been to Law School, so I don't really understand what they do and how they operate there. But if truly the dude was invited to Disciplinary Committee and failed to appear, that is enough to justify his expulsion.
Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
chloe7:

Before a judgment there must be a hearing , when the other party doesn't show up on two or three occasions there will be a defacto judgment. According to what I read the guy show up when he was invited

Naija matter sef tire me. At least suspend the guy for a session or something like that. Rustication is quite high-handed.

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 03, 2017
baby124:

Do you know the difference between a law and a mode of conduct? Wait first, are you a lawyer? Lay man you say? I am here waiting for proof. No wonder this law school is so inadequate and poor. Look at you wearing a badge of stupidity and low education. Thereby disgracing yourself and this mumu law school this guy is trying to improve. Charge and bail lawyer.

Its obvious you have intentions to live and die in ignorance...People like you thrive in delusion, and folly. I even think your problem may be inability to study law, so you want to show that you know more.

if more than three persons keep educating you on same thing and all you do is spew thrash, then I just have pity for those who are subjected to your daily pills of ignorance, stupidity and cowardice. Knowledge is free but myopia is a disease. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

1 Like

Re: Law School Vs. Kayode Bello: Give Him Another Chance Please - Nation's Editorial by garex: 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
yim:
The guy is a mumu. He was busy printing shirts that the DG must go, the body of benchers invited him for a meeting on 3 occasions he didn't attend.

ur points are based on the statement the law school issued... did you get to read his own part of the whole issue?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Senior Community Health And Ext Worker (SCHEW) Switch To Bsc. Nursing Vie DE / Awa'aji Zanna Graduates With FIRST CLASS From Indian University / When "Working" Your Posting Goes Wrong: A Nigerian Law Student's Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.