Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,882 members, 7,862,991 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:17 AM

"Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" (683 Views)

South African Woman States Why Men Don't Want To Leave Her Alone / Opinion: Nigeria Men Dont Like Marrying Ladies That Are First Born. Why??? / What Does It Feels Like Marrying A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by PDPGuy: 10:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
Many Nigerian men once they discover that a lady is the first born, they lose interest. What is the cause?

I culled this post from 'Green9ja'.
Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by DarkMagic(m): 10:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
All lies undecided
Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
Yes, this is because your own supposed first born is the last born of the girl's family. You are already paying School fees, buy uniform and books before you born your own.

Simply put, the financial burden is mostly too much from the wife's family. In some people's house, wife's siblings will even be dragging remote with the husband
Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by ekensi01: 11:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
May be i would go for first borns am actually dating a last born she is giving me headache.

1 Like

Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 02, 2017
grin funny, if only you knew...
Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by Burgerlomo: 11:54pm On Aug 02, 2017
Smart peeps, may be they're trying to run away from her immediate family responsibilities grin
Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by luminouz(m): 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
Rorachy:
grin funny, if only you knew...
Knew what?
Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by PDPGuy: 12:01am On Aug 03, 2017
Burgerlomo:
Smart peeps, may be they're trying to run away from her immediate family responsibilities grin
Men do not want to be responsible for paying school fees for the wife's 4 siblings grin
But I don't see it as a problem if the wife is from an upper middle class or rich family; the issue always arises if the wife's family are relatively poor.
Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by Burgerlomo: 12:02am On Aug 03, 2017
PDPGuy:

Men do not want to be responsible for paying school fees for the wife's 4 siblings grin
But I don't see it as a problem if the wife is from an upper middle class or rich family; the issue always arises if the wife's family are relatively poor.

You got it grin
Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by Amarabae(f): 12:05am On Aug 03, 2017
The same way when I was growing up, I decided that I will not marry a guy who is a Lastborn.
Lols.
Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by PDPGuy: 12:22am On Aug 03, 2017
Amarabae:
The same way when I was growing up, I decided that I will not marry a guy who is a Lastborn.
Lols.
If you don't mind, why?
Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by PDPGuy: 12:25am On Aug 03, 2017
Burgerlomo:

You got it grin
All I know is that I ain't gonna be permanently responsible for her siblings' tuition, but I can help out occasionally with other needs.
Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by Burgerlomo: 12:33am On Aug 03, 2017
PDPGuy:

All I know is that I ain't gonna be permanently responsible for her siblings' tuition, but I can help out occasionally with other needs.

The word occasionally is what some greedy, selfish and self centered in laws don't want to hear at all, so it better you take full responsibility if you want to be their favorite. But you're good to go with the word occasionally if you have a good and reasonable in laws.
Re: "Naija Men Don't Like Marrying First-born Ladies?" by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 03, 2017
Some women also don't like marrying first born males. They are most times saddled with lots of responsibilities. It's not only men with that mindset.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Is More Violent? / Please Help With Accommodation In Lekki Phase1 / Matured Minds Only; Strictly Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.