Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. (4484 Views)

How Religion Draws People Back. / A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' / How Wisdom Brings Greatness Vs How Religion Brings Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by hopefulLandlord: 11:35am On Aug 03, 2017
spacetacular:

So the Child is a dependant being right? I wonder why? Should I then deprive my child of her much needed parental dependence and guide in what I LOVINGLY know as THE RIGHT DIRECTION?

shouldn't you rather be asking why my child was not born with an already inherent INDEPENDENT SPIRIT?

why the repeated cycle of BIRTH, DEPENDENCY, MATURITY THEN BIRTH AGAIN, DEPENDENCY, MATURITY.... etc.

Isn't there a lesson to be learnt in there somewhere? If such a trait was meant to be a disadvantage in us wouldn't you think that genetically we would have mutated that away?

Do you see such traits of dependency only in humans? Would you call those teachings being carried out by animals and insects on their offspring also as indoctrination?

I already went through this in my previous posts

have we gotten to the part where we start circling?

LOVINGLY KNOW? more like LOVINGLY HAVE FAITH is the right direction, that explains why a Hindu would do the same to his child, a Jew does too, a Muslim same, a pagan does the same but all claim to LOVINGLY KNOW as THE RIGHT DIRECTION, isn't the issue here very obvious that only one or none could possibly be indoctrinating the child with the "RIGHT DIRECTION"
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by DoctorAlien(m): 11:38am On Aug 03, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
This is the first time I'm seeing this analogy I get the gist.
If you've been seeing it for a while and still do not get it then it means that you'll never get it.

Yes. I'll never get it.
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by MostHated: 11:39am On Aug 03, 2017
spacetacular:

Good thing you took correction unlike a certain chemystery who still insisted it was DOES and not DO.

I did read the website.

You "read the website" huh? Interesting. Actually just wanted you to read the referenced writeup FROM THE WEBSITE. Assuming without conceding, that you did "read the website", I really wonder why you still came up with the conclusion that everything was "word for word".
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by spacetacular(f): 11:44am On Aug 03, 2017
chemystery:

All possessive pronouns apply DOES

DOES My
DOES Your
DOES Their
DOES His/Her

Well, let's face the topic and not derail the thread anymore

Stop showing off illiteracy and being proud of it. "THEIR" is a plural subject so you need a plural verb to qualify it. The plural verb is DO and not DOES.

You would have seen your mistake if you had put the subjects first in the sentence thus.

THEIR ACTIONS, DO/DOES THEY LOOK FAMILIAR?

the answer is THEIR ACTIONS, DO THEY LOOK FAMILIAR?

Which shows I am right and you are terribly wrong.
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by spacetacular(f): 11:47am On Aug 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I already went through this in my previous posts

have we gotten to the part where we start circling?

LOVINGLY KNOW? more like LOVINGLY HAVE FAITH is the right direction, that explains why a Hindu would do the same to his child, a Jew does too, a Muslim same, a pagan does the same but all claim to LOVINGLY KNOW as THE RIGHT DIRECTION, isn't the issue here very obvious that only one or none could possibly be indoctrinating the child with the "RIGHT DIRECTION"

If you detest the term LOVINGLY KNOW then feel free to take it out on nature and smack her for giving us these feelings towards our offspring and a deep desire to give them our best.

As an atheist I am sure you believe so much that atheism is the right direction so feel free to indoctrinate your child that way. All is well that ends well right?

1 Like

Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by hopefulLandlord: 11:57am On Aug 03, 2017
spacetacular:

If you detest the term LOVINGLY KNOW then feel free to take it out on nature and smack her for giving us these feelings towards our offspring and a deep desire to give them our best.

As an atheist I am sure you believe so much that atheism is the right direction so feel free to indoctrinate your child that way. All is well that ends well right?

NO! that's the biggest difference between me and the religious, my daughter is 8 and has gone to church when she seemed fascinated by it, I've taken her to a mosque too while I stayed in the car when she watched a Muslim fasting program and was fascinated by Arabic, I've exposed her to all sorts of religion right now and try as much as possible to prevent religious indoctrination by neighbours and family where I can help it although its tough but I'm not that type that tells her there's a way and that's the only way; I'm also teaching her myths and "dead religions and dead gods"

if she then grows up and decides to become a Muslim or Hindu or Christian or Deist or Pantheist or whatever religion catches her fancy, I would NOT stand in her way or advise her against it, although if she happens to want to convert her father to whichever religion she choses, she would face stiff opposition grin

2 Likes

Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by chemystery: 11:58am On Aug 03, 2017
spacetacular:

Stop showing off illiteracy and being proud of it. "THEIR" is a plural subject so you need a plural verb to qualify it. The plural verb is DO and not DOES.

You would have seen your mistake if you had put the subjects first in the sentence thus.

it's OK face the topic. Appealing to insults does not make you right.
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by spacetacular(f): 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

NO! that's the biggest difference between me and the religious, my daughter is 8 and has gone to church when she seemed fascinated by it, I've taken her to a mosque too while I stayed in the car when she watched a Muslim fasting program and was fascinated by Arabic, I've exposed her to all sorts of religion right now and try as much as possible to prevent religious indoctrination by neighbours and family where I can help it although its tough but I'm not that type that tells them there's a way and that's the only way; I'm also teaching her myths and "dead religions and dead gods"

if she then grows up and decides to become a Muslim or Hindu or Christian or Deist or Pantheist or whatever religion catches her fancy, I would NOT stand in her way or advise her against it, although if she happens to want to convert her father to whichever religion she chooses, she would face stiff opposition

cheesy you have exposed a yet DEPENDANT 8 year old to all sorts of religions yeah? Tell your story to the birds of the air because I am not one of them who feeds on every crumb I see fall.

Crumb in this case means lies.

By the way while allegedly exposing her to other religions why not also expose her to atheism it should help her carry out a proper review of all you claim to have exposed her to.

Oh and also I have read you say YOU DON'T KNOW when asked about creation and related things but suddenly you KNOW what's best for your daughter.

cheesy cheesy

Do what gives you joy and let others do same. It's your life and it's also their life. Your daughter mustn't mirror another and neither should you. Live your choices and may they bring you the joy you seek.

1 Like

Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by spacetacular(f): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
chemystery:
it's OK face the topic. Appealing to insults does not make you right.

Illiteracy isn't an insult but an observation. If you still think I am wrong then my observation stands true.

2 Likes

Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by hopefulLandlord: 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
spacetacular:

cheesy you have exposed a yet DEPENDANT 8 year old to all sorts of religions yeah? Tell your story to the birds of the air because I am not one of them who feeds on every crumb I see fall.

Crumb in this case means lies.

By the way while allegedly exposing her to other religions why not also expose her to atheism it should help her carry out a proper review of all you claim to have exposed her to.

Oh and also I have read you say YOU DON'T KNOW when asked about creation and related things but suddenly you KNOW what's best for your daughter.

cheesy cheesy

Do what gives you joy and let others do same. It's your life and it's also their life. Your daughter mustn't mirror another and neither should you. Live your choices and may they bring you the joy you seek.

Hehehehehehehehe, now I'm lying lol grin

she would make her choice by herself, if she chooses atheism, so be it! its that simple, I see atheism/agnosticism as more of a "destination" and religion as a "way" to it, many never get to that destination and some do, so I won't tell her all those gods are fake, she'll chose herself; even my parents always take her to church when we visit them and her mother is a staunch Christian who tries her best to indoctrinate her which is a tough one for me as we don't live together and I'm not in control of what she's exposed to when I'm not there

"I DON'T KNOW" that's why I'm exposing her to various concepts and religion that claim to "know" so she can make her own decision on it, get it? I'm not telling her "hey all gods are fake, don't go to any church or mosque"

Religious (especially faith based) indoctrination should be illegal and termed child abuse

1 Like

Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by spacetacular(f): 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hehehehehehehehe, now I'm lying lol grin

she would make her choice by herself, if she chooses atheism, so be it! its that simple, I see atheism as more of a destination and religion as a "way" to it, many never get to that destination and some do, so I won't tell her all those gods are fake, she'll chose herself; even my parents always take her to church when we visit them

"I DON'T KNOW" that's why I'm exposing her to various concepts and religion that claim to "know" so she can make her own decision on it, get it? I'm not telling her "hey all gods are fake, don't go to any church or mosque"

Religious (especially faith based) indoctrination should be illegal and termed child abuse

I will repeat my last comment:

Do what gives you joy and let others do same. It's your life and it's also their life. Your daughter mustn't mirror another and neither should you. Live your choices and may they bring you the joy you seek
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by JackBizzle: 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
spacetacular:

'Does' can apply to 'their' if the 'their' is qualifying a singular object.

E.g. Does their cat eat meat?
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by D1official: 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2017
I guess nairaland is the most common ground for atheists sermons.
Cowards who can't die for what dey believe, always looking for arguments online in other to hide there identity ND cause confusion.
Anyways I Dnt blame u guys, I blame Mr Seun the Muslim who has made sure he gave u guys every comfort to disturb Xtians tread.
I Dnt just get hw someone who claims to believe in nothing,can still be fighting ND living for something...
Foolishness is atheism ND atheism foolishness.
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by hopefulLandlord: 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
D1official:
I guess nairaland is the most common ground for atheists sermons.
Cowards who can't die for what dey believe, always looking for arguments online in other to hide there identity ND cause confusion.
Anyways I Dnt blame u guys, I blame Mr Seun the Muslim who has made sure he gave u guys every comfort to disturb Xtians tread.
I Dnt just get hw someone who claims to believe in nothing,can still be fighting ND living for something...
Foolishness is atheism ND atheism foolishness.

This guy just proved his imaginary friend is real
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by spacetacular(f): 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
JackBizzle:

'Does' can apply to 'their' if the 'their' is qualifying a singular object.

E.g. Does their cat eat meat?

Jackfizzle. The question in error initially was DOES THEIR ACTIONS SOUND FAMILIAR? THEIR ACTIONS is a plural subject. ACTIONS IS PLURAL OF ACTION.

He has corrected it to DO THEIR ACTIONS LOOK FAMILIAR? DO BEING THE PLURAL VERB QUALIFIER FOR THE PLURAL SUBJECT "THEIR ACTIONS ".

in your case, DOES THEIR CAT EAT MEAT? THEIR CAT IS A SINGULAR SUBJECT. CAT IS SINGULAR FOR CATS.

If you had said, THEIR CATS it would have become DO THEIR CATS EAT MEAT and not DOES THEIR CATS EAT MEAT.

I hope assimilation still does not elude you.
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by D1official: 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

This guy just proved his imaginary friend is real
As an atheist can u plz help me explain these:
Scientific Facts in the Bible
1. Only in recent years has science discovered that everything we see is composed of invisible atoms. Here, Scripture tells us that the "things which are seen were not made of things which do appear Heb 11:3."
2. Medical science has only recently discovered that blood-clotting in a newborn reaches its peak on the eighth day, then drops. The Bible consistently says that a baby must be circumcised on the eighth day.
3. At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal or a giant (1500 B.C.), the Bible spoke of the earth’s free float in space: "He...hangs the earth upon nothing" (Job 26:7).
4. The prophet Isaiah also tells us that the earth is round: "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22). This is not a reference to a flat disk, as some skeptic maintain, but to a sphere. Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later. At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, is was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world (see Proverbs 3:6 footnote).
5. God told Job in 1500 B.C.: "Can you send lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, Here we are?" (Job 38:35). The Bible here is making what appears to be a scientifically ludicrous statement—that light can be sent, and then manifest itself in speech. But did you know that radio waves travel at the speed of light? This is why you can have instantaneous wireless communication with someone on the other side of the earth. Science didn’t discover this until 1864 when "British scientist James Clerk Maxwell suggested that electricity and light waves were two forms of the same thing" (Modern Century Illustrated Encyclopedia).
6. Job 38:19 asks, "Where is the way where light dwells?" Modern man has only recently discovered that light (electromagnetic radiation) has a "way," traveling at 186,000 miles per second.
7. Science has discovered that stars emit radio waves, which are received on earth as a high pitch. God mentioned this in Job 38:7: "When the morning stars sang together..."
8. "Most cosmologists (scientists who study the structures and evolution of the universe) agree that the Genesis account of creation, in imagining an initial void, may be uncannily close to the truth" (Time, Dec. 1976).
9. Solomon described a "cycle" of air currents two thousand years before scientists "discovered" them. "The wind goes toward the south, and turns about unto the north; it whirls about continually, and the wind returns again according to his circuits" (Ecclesiastes 1:6).
10. Science expresses the universe in five terms: time, space, matter, power, and motion. Genesis 1:1,2 revealed such truths to the Hebrews in 1450 B.C.: "In the beginning [time] God created [power] the heaven [space] and the earth [matter] . . . And the Spirit of God moved [motion] upon the face of the waters." The first thing God tells man is that He controls of all aspects of the universe.
11. The great biological truth concerning the importance of blood in our body’s mechanism has been fully comprehended only in recent years. Up until 120 years ago, sick people were "bled," and many died because of the practice. If you lose your blood, you lose your life. Yet Leviticus 17:11, written 3,000 years ago, declared that blood is the source of life: "For the life of the flesh is in the blood."
12. All things were made by Him (see John 1:3), including dinosaurs. Why then did the dinosaur disappear? The answer may be in Job 40:15–24. In this passage, God speaks about a great creature called "behemoth." Some commentators think this was a hippopotamus. However, the hippo’s tail isn’t like a large tree, but a small twig. Following are the characteristics of this huge animal: It was the largest of all the creatures God made; was plant-eating (herbivorous); had its strength in its hips and a tail like a large tree. It had very strong bones, lived among the trees, drank massive amounts of water, and was not disturbed by a raging river. He appears impervious to attack because his nose could pierce through snares, but Scripture says, "He that made him can make his sword to approach unto him." In other words, God caused this, the largest of all the creatures He had made, to become extinct.
13. Encyclopedia Britannica documents that in 1845, a young doctor in Vienna named Dr. Ignaz Semmelweis was horrified at the terrible death rate of women who gave birth in hospitals. As many as 30 percent died after giving birth. Semmelweis noted that doctors would examine the bodies of patients who died, then, without washing their hands, go straight to the next ward and examine expectant mothers. This was their normal practice, because the presence of microscopic diseases was unknown. Semmelweis insisted that doctors wash their hands before examinations, and the death rate immediately dropped to 2 percent. Look at the specific instructions God gave His people for when they encounter disease: "And when he that has an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself even days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean" (Leviticus 15:13). Until recent years, doctors washed their hands in a bowl of water, leaving invisible germs on their hands. However, the Bible says specifically to wash hands under "running water."
14. Luke 17:34–36 says the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will occur while some are asleep at night and others are working at daytime activities in the field. This is a clear indication of a revolving earth, with day and night at the same time.
15. "During the devastating Black Death of the fourteenth century, patients who were sick or dead were kept in the same rooms as the rest of the family. People often wondered why the disease was affecting so many people at one time. They attributed these epidemics to ‘bad air’ or ‘evil spirits.’ However, careful attention to the medical commands of God as revealed in Leviticus would have saved untold millions of lives. Arturo Castiglione wrote about the overwhelming importance of this biblical medical law: ‘The laws against leprosyin Leviticus 13 may be regarded as the first model of sanitary legislation’ (A History of Medicine)." Grant R. Jeffery, The Signature of God With all these truths revealed in Scripture,how could a thinking person deny that the Bible is supernatural in origin? There is no other book in any of the world’s religions (Vedas, Bhagavad-Gita, Koran, Book of Mormon, etc.) that contains scientific truth. In fact, they contain statements that are clearly unscientific. Hank Hanegraaff said, "Faith in Christ is not some blind leap into a dark chasm, but a faith based on established evidence.
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by chemystery: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
spacetacular:

Illiteracy isn't an insult but an observation. If you still think I am wrong then my observation stands true.
Same here
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by JackBizzle: 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2017
spacetacular:

Jackfizzle. The question in error initially was DOES THEIR ACTIONS SOUND FAMILIAR? THEIR ACTIONS is a plural subject. ACTIONS IS PLURAL OF ACTION.

He has corrected it to DO THEIR ACTIONS LOOK FAMILIAR? DO BEING THE PLURAL VERB QUALIFIER FOR THE PLURAL SUBJECT "THEIR ACTIONS ".

in your case, DOES THEIR CAT EAT MEAT? THEIR CAT IS A SINGULAR SUBJECT. CAT IS SINGULAR FOR CATS.

If you had said, THEIR CATS it would have become DO THEIR CATS EAT MEAT and not DOES THEIR CATS EAT MEAT.

I hope assimilation still does not elude you.

Good good.
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by felixomor: 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
The analogy defeats itself in this regard.

It was not initially meant to talk about religion

But the Op somehow wants to force his way and use it to speak about religion

Lastly, if we are to reason like the [b']skeptic[/b]'

How are we sure this SCIENTIST Who performed this so called experiment exists?
What is his name?

And a skeptic could admit a scientist could put monkeys in a cage for a reason, yet he cant admit a bigger God put man on this planet for a reason...

Yeah! Logic
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by spacetacular(f): 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2017
felixomor:
The analogy defeats itself in this regard.

It was not initially meant to talk about religion

But the Op somehow wants to force his way and use it to speak about religion

Lastly, if we are to reason like the [b']skeptic[/b]'

How are we sure this SCIENTIST Who performed this so called experiment exists?
What is his name?

And a skeptic could admit a scientist could put monkeys in a cage for a reason, yet he cant admit a bigger God put man on this planet for a reason...

Yeah! Logic

I did say the same tale is applicable to other aspects of our existence and you just mentioned one of such aspects. I am glad you saw what I also did. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by spacetacular(f): 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
JackBizzle:

Good good.

JackFIZZLE smiley Today you did not fizzle out.
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by chemystery: 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2017
spacetacular:

you want to correct someone but you don't want to be corrected. I understand you are ashamed to accept your wrong. It's normal with someone who makes a blunder while trying to correct someone. I'm not here to ridicule you or condemn you nor call you illiterate cos of that. If you call me an illiterate just for correcting you, I accept that I am one if this would help massage your ego. If you have other names to call me base on observation like you said, I accept all of them in advance. Anything to make you happy. But I'm glad you have learnt something today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by spacetacular(f): 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2017
chemystery:
you want to correct someone but you don't want to be corrected. I understand you are ashamed to accept your wrong. It's normal with someone who makes a blunder while trying to correct someone. I'm not here to ridicule you or condemn you nor call you illiterate cos of that. If you call me an illiterate just for correcting you, I accept that I am one if this would help massage your ego. If you have other names to call me base on observation like you said, I accept all of them in advance. Anything to make you happy. But I'm glad you have learnt something today

Can you show me the correction you gave to me and my error? When did stating an observation require a correction when the one being observed had repeatedly shown the observation as true?

Maybe in your part of the world observations are termed as insults but where I am they are not! People take them, learn, improve/change and try not to have such observations made of them again.
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by adepeter2027(m): 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
chemystery:
Lol

You're chatting to an oldie of NL.
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by sonofluc1fer: 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
spacetacular:

For someone who copied word for word from that website and only added the last sentence "Does their actions sound familiar?" Yet did not know that it should have been DO instead of DOES and it should also have been LOOK instead of SOUND since you are talking about actions and not words so it should have been DO THEIR ACTIONS LOOK FAMILIAR?

based on my written observation I could say that your conclusion was arrived at due to either illiteracy or an inability to comprehend issues based on a deliberate hatred for Religion.

Hate does blind one from reality of their own flaws such as I have pointed out here.

You might have your haters, but you've got an admirer in me.
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by Seun(m): 2:53pm On Aug 03, 2017
TheSonOfJesus:
we should always indoctrinate our children with Christianity and not spare the rod in the process if the child is being strong headed, we should beat Christianity into them as The Holy Bible said the kingdom of God is violent and the violent take it by force, no Christian wants his/her child to end up like you, Hellbound and blasphemous
Do you think muslim parents should beat Islam into their children if their children want to become Christians after hearing the gospel of Jesus?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by spacetacular(f): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

You might have your haters, but you've got an admirer in me.

Son of the morning star, thank you! For the life of me I fail to see why and how I got so many haters so quickly. smiley
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by TheSonOfJesus: 3:04pm On Aug 03, 2017
Seun:

Do you think muslim parents should beat Islam into their children if their children want to become Christians after hearing the gospel of Jesus?

Islam is the religion of the devil, you're either a Christian or a satanist, there's no middle ground anywhere, that's why its right to beat Christianity into children but wrong to do that about other religion because they're all wrong

There's only one God and that's my father, come to him or burn alongside Muslims, their Mohammed and your god called Satan

1 Like

Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by TheSonOfJesus: 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2017
LiberaDeus:

Aaronsrod is that you?
This smells like you
No, who's Aaronsrod? I'm TheSonOfJesus
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by LiberaDeus: 3:18pm On Aug 03, 2017
TheSonOfJesus:

No, who's Aaronsrod? I'm TheSonOfJesus

Aaron, oh Aaron

I thought i told you to stop mimicking these christards and their folly.

But in case you aint Aaron.

I have a small question

I am an agnostic, please whats my fate from your God?

Can you tell him to spare me a bit?
Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by TheSonOfJesus: 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2017
LiberaDeus:

Aaron, oh Aaron

I thought i told you to stop mimicking these christards and their folly.

But in case you aint Aaron.

I have a small question

I am an agnostic, please whats my fate from your God?

Can you tell him to spare me a bit?

check my profile, I'm a Christian fundamentalist tired of seeing atheists on this platform turn us into what they want us to be (Christian Deists) I'm tired of seeing my fellow Christians argue for the existence of a god without claims and doctrines, we have played their games for too long, enough of "Something cannot come from nothing" "universe has a cause", my father would not be proud of such, I want to preach Christianity alone and in its purest form, atheists are free to call it irrational, unreasonable etc but we preach the word, its left for the holy spirit to minister and do the remaining work

onto the other parts of your post

The one true God, Yahweh has sent his son and made it clear that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish

the fate that awaits Muslims, pagans, Hindus and other religion awaits you, eternal fire because you serve the devil

its you that can tell him to spare you, the bible made it clear that "he's faithful and just to forgive" if you ask for it

talk to my father today, tell him to come into your life and guide you, next minute might be too late

FEAR THE LORD and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Religion Works; The Psychology Behind It. by LiberaDeus: 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2017
TheSonOfJesus:

check my profile, I'm a Christian fundamentalist tired of seeing atheists on this platform turn us into what they want us to be (Christian Deists) I'm tired of seeing my fellow Christians argue for the existence of a god without claims and doctrines, we have played their games for too long, enough of "Something cannot come from nothing" "universe has a cause", my father would not be proud of such, I want to preach Christianity alone and in its purest form, atheists are free to call it irrational, unreasonable etc but we preach the word, its left for the holy spirit to minister and do the remaining work

onto the other parts of your post

The one true God, Yahweh has sent his son and made it clear that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish

the fate that awaits Muslims, pagans, Hindus and other religion awaits you, eternal fire because you serve the devil

its you that can tell him to spare you, the bible made it clear that "he's faithful and just to forgive" if you ask for it

talk to my father today, tell him to come into your life and guide you, next minute might be too late

FEAR THE LORD and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man

So i would really burn in hell forever and ever.
Am so scared.
grin grin grin grin

Please tell him to spare me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

31st Night With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Does This Even Make Sense? / How Atheism Evolved Jesoul Into A More Tolerant Christian! The Evidence!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.