Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution (57229 Views)

Buhari Signs Bill Stopping NYSC From Posting Engineering Graduates To Schools / Male Corper & His Bulging Eyes React To Female Corper's Backside In Trending Pic / Nigerians React To Corper Gbadamosi Mayowa Post About Sleeping With His Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by kingrt2(m): 9:52am On Aug 05, 2017
Take out post jamb, take out nysc, now its time to take out more things that are really not useful in this country, like jamb and phcn and most of the telecom companies
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by badbreathcure101: 9:52am On Aug 05, 2017
Good move from the govt, that thing should have been scrapped long ago self....
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by searchhussein(m): 9:52am On Aug 05, 2017
SMH sad

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by elantraceey(f): 9:55am On Aug 05, 2017
They can scrap it after I've served ehn.... Its not as if I have any interest in it but it's a means to something i need

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 05, 2017
fk001:

Some can get permanent job in their place of primary assignment

One out of 100 bro.it should not be compulsory

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by henryadex(m): 10:09am On Aug 05, 2017
The best suggestion would have been

to scrap the scheme and give the total money they would have received for the whole year as an entrepreneur fund for self employment

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by LordOfNaira: 10:12am On Aug 05, 2017
The NYSC is a scam. It's government's way of using grads as cheap labour. The Youth are stupid for wanting to continue to be exploited. I learnt nothing new from NYSC. I have always been a traveller before I graduated so I was already very familiar with Osun State where I served. Anyone waiting to know the country through NYSC is a poor opportunistic scholar. NYSC did not necessarily waste my time but I want it scrapped. It is a slap on the face of the youth. Why should one be used as cheap labour because the government would rather not employ teachers?

Another thing is, forcing people to serve by threatening that they would not be employable except by a proof of NYSC certificates is dictatorial. Remove the damn decree from the constitution and work on it. Either scrap it or remove that useless clause. Why will I finish from a university in faraway United States or Australia and be struggling to come over to serve a country that wants to pay me stipends that would not match the load it wants to heap on me?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by BabaRamotu1988: 10:27am On Aug 05, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is worthy of celebration....

I know I'd never get back that lost 12months of my life.

But I don't regret it; I met Bilikisu, Sufuyatu, Funke, Iyabo, Ramotu, Oladayo and Monsurat.
What I learnt from these dirty humans would last me a lifetime.
why my daughter Ramotu

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by LordOfNaira: 10:30am On Aug 05, 2017
5DMindset:
That was the only free money that Nigerians used to get, now it is gone.

Totally destroyed the country. The last tendon that held the people together has been cut off.

Niger Delta Militants need to shut down all oil production.

Let it be over economically, so we can end this shiit.

You call that free money You people like suffering. They are exploiting you and you are calling it free money.

Anyway, the scheme hasn't been scrapped. Deleting the NYSC act from the constitution does not mean that the NASS wants to delete the NYSC.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by Olulinks(m): 10:39am On Aug 05, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is worthy of celebration....

I know I'd never get back that lost 12months of my life.

But I don't regret it; I met Bilikisu, Sufuyatu, Funke, Iyabo, Ramotu, Oladayo and Monsurat.
What I learnt from these dirty humans would last me a lifetime.
Why are you reading my diary without my consent? Lol. Change those names to Calabar Calabar girls name. They killed my boredom over there mehn. I won't go back there again of provided with such a waste of time again in my life.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by freshest4live: 10:45am On Aug 05, 2017
NYSC should not be scrapped but reformed, rather than deploy corpers to schools for teaching, corpers should rather indicate their line of businesses or whatever tallies with their course of study. N-power for instance should not be for graduates, the NYSC should easily take care of graduates such that one who goes through the scheme can never remain jobless, even if unemployed in professional jobs, he via NYSC platform and Government stipends should be taught to create his own line of business.
We should focus on making Entrepreneurs from the NYSC scheme because our tertiary institutions have been set up to train employees rather than employers of labor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by wristbangle: 10:45am On Aug 05, 2017
innosaint27:
grin shocked grin

The essence of the NYSC scheme has long been defeated. All those crying foul now, I'm sure didn't serve in recent times.

There is more regrets than joy
More fears and tears than peace
More casualties than safety

So much negativity and corruption in the NYSC scheme.

The deletion of the scheme is best for all. A total waste of one whole year of one's life.

Let the FG modify the N-Power scheme a little more. That is a more noble scheme!

Dedicated to the memory of all those who died while serving Nigeria in the NYSC scheme in recent times!

To NwaAmaikpe, for applauding the deletion of the NYSC scheme.

Awesome Idea!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by CocoaOla: 10:46am On Aug 05, 2017
Epele ni Nairaland o
Se daada ni
Ema fara yin bale.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by Cekpo34(m): 10:48am On Aug 05, 2017
innosaint27:
grin shocked grin

The essence of the NYSC scheme has long been defeated. All those crying foul now, I'm sure didn't serve in recent times.

There is more regrets than joy
More fears and tears than peace
More casualties than safety

So much negativity and corruption in the NYSC scheme.

The deletion of the scheme is best for all. A total waste of one whole year of one's life.

Let the FG modify the N-Power scheme a little more. That is a more noble scheme!

Dedicated to the memory of all those who died while serving Nigeria in the NYSC scheme in recent times!

To NwaAmaikpe, for applauding the deletion of the NYSC scheme.

What if the anomalies are corrected? NYSC hasn't outlived it usefulness except you'll show me statistics which indicate that unity and integration have been achieved in Nigeria. Guess what the country would have been like had NYSC not existed at the first place.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by getukudo(m): 10:54am On Aug 05, 2017
Ugosample:
Nysc has not been scrapped o

See them jubilating over false news grin grin

It hasn't been scrapped. But it has actually passed 1st & 2nd reading. Its left for the 36 states house of assembly to consider it, meaning it needs 2/3 vote to and the president to sign it into law for it to take effect.

Once again, it hasn't been scrapped yet. Its just up for consideration.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by tegafej(m): 10:57am On Aug 05, 2017
It should scrapped because it's positive impact rate is just too low compared to the amount of money spent on it. The money should have effectively sourced to other channels that can actually generate employment for the teeming youth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by getukudo(m): 10:59am On Aug 05, 2017
connectsct:
"Don't let money run your life, let money help you run your life better."
Boost your account status from details below...

SCAM ALERT! Don't pay money to any of these guys. You can select your own games and win by yourself.

To predict correct score na so e easy. The probability of it happening is 0.03%.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by kayo80(m): 11:09am On Aug 05, 2017
fk001:
I thought you people don't want to serve your fatherland
unfortunately they don't know NYsc helps to keep youth busy for the one year and some can utilize the monthly stipend given to them.

But instead they said
The NYSC is a scam it was meant to develop the north, now it is remove from the constitution same people are wailing.

what do you people want sef??

I swear i tire for some Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by linearity: 11:10am On Aug 05, 2017
fk001:
I thought you people don't want to serve your fatherland
unfortunately they don't know NYsc helps to keep youth busy for the one year and some can utilize the monthly stipend given to them.

But instead they said
The NYSC is a scam it was meant to develop the north, now it is remove from the constitution same people are wailing.

what do you people want sef??

Hope you understand that, removing NYSC from the constitution does not mean it is going to be scrapped or disbanded.

I find the move dubious, including the removal of INEC from the constitution.

The National Assembly is doing this, so they can have 100% control of manipulating these instructions. The constitution gave these institutions iron clad protection against laws promogated by the National Assembly and by removing them from from the constitutional safety guide, the National Assembly can have 100% power to do and undo.

Decisions for these institutions is going to be political now and will change depending on who won the last election and can be used to forced heads of these institutions to dance to the tune of the National Assembly.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by leckjazzy(m): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2017
KingTom:
Do You know what deleted from constitution means? Smh
Can u pls xpanciate d meanin? I'm sure alot of ppl dnt knw.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by fk001(m): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2017
linearity:

Hope you understand that, removing NYSC from the constitution does not mean it is going to be scrapped or disbanded.

I find the move dubious, including the removal of INEC from the constitution.

The National Assembly is doing this, so they can have 100% control of manipulating these instructions. The constitution gave these institutions iron clad protection against laws promogated by the National Assembly and by removing them from from the constitutional safety guide, the National Assembly can have 100% power to do and undo.

Decisions for these institutions is going to be political now and will change depending on who won the last election and can be used to forced heads of these institutions to dance to the tune of the National Assembly.

Only God can help us, because Nigeria is blessed with corrupt leaders
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by Govocrete: 11:30am On Aug 05, 2017
Is the NYSC scheme still beneficial to the nation?
Due to the recent development associated with the scheme, I suggest the following:

1. Government should create mechanized (mega) farming in every state of the federation so that corpers will all be posted to these farm for services. This will result into equal posting of corpers.

2. Corpers should be mandated to serve in their state of origin, this will enable most sons and daughters born outside their state or origin to contribute to the development of their states.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by MadCow1: 11:31am On Aug 05, 2017
Scrapping the NYSC scheme does not carry my support even for a Minute.

That scheme has a lot of issues which I can't help but agree with but scrapping it is not the solution. Most Nations have something similar to the NYSC in the form of military service for 1 to 2 year after graduation or reaching a certain age.

The issues with the NYSC is that like everything in Nigeria,after it was created, it never evolved to meet the requirements of today. Then it got riddled with corruption that it was more a profit making scheme than anything else. Plus the number of Graduates in Nigeria keeps growing exponentially that the NYSC wasn't prepared to handle that sort of large number of influx.

Even with all these, the pros still outweighed the cons. I say the scheme should be rebranded and restructured not scrapped. Either make it into 1 year full military service or 1 year full skills acquisition and training service. Make such that the Corp members don't need to go through as much hardship as they do currently whilst serving. Provide them accommodation and feeding or increase their pay to match the real requirements of society today.

One of the best experiences of my life post University was serving in Cross Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by Duru009(m): 11:35am On Aug 05, 2017
It simply means is not compulsory!!
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by MyNewJackeT: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2017
emmyspark007:
It will be hard to scrap it o..so many people depend on nysc for livelihood...Anyways its a total waste of time and it makes secondary school children vulnerable to perverts and sex starved corpers

I'm not sure you've gone to service before I can see that, first do you know why thursdays are always free days in all secondary schools?

It's because corpers do 80-90% of the jobs, and go to CDS on Thursdays, all you see is perverts, it's only natural for a young girl to trip for a corpers, but the truth is not all corpers are the same and not all students are the same and secondly in villages, the students are 18 years and above so who are you to judge or choose for them.
If you don't understand this fact you should shut up.

Corpers owns government schools, without corpers we'll be left with Lazy unmotivated old teachers complaining about them not being paid for months.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by Govocrete: 11:41am On Aug 05, 2017
Is the NYSC scheme still beneficial to the nation?
Due to the recent development associated with the scheme, I suggest the following:

1. Government should create mechanized (mega) farming in every state of the federation so that corpers will all be posted to these farm for services. This will result into equal posting of corpers.

2. Corpers should be mandated to serve in their state of origin, this will enable most sons and daughters born outside their state or origin to contribute to the development of their states.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by Funkybabee(f): 11:43am On Aug 05, 2017
it's better if they improved Npower and employ graduates, all graduates including ond, hnd,Nce, and bsc for two years to train and learn something before they go to job labour, I mean to replace the scheme with Npower.

it will better the life of graduates and assists them small
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by Richy4(m): 11:45am On Aug 05, 2017
LordOfNaira:
The NYSC is a scam. It's government's way of using grads as cheap labour. The Youth are stupid for wanting to continue to be exploited. I learnt nothing new from NYSC. I have always been a traveller before I graduated so I was already very familiar with Osun State where I served. Anyone waiting to know the country through NYSC is a poor opportunistic scholar. NYSC did not necessarily waste my time but I want it scrapped. It is a slap on the face of the youth. Why should one be used as cheap labour because the government would rather not employ teachers?

Another thing is, forcing people to serve by threatening that they would not be employable except by a proof of NYSC certificates is dictatorial. Remove the damn decree from the constitution and work on it. Either scrap it or remove that useless clause. Why will I finish from a university in faraway United States or Australia and be struggling to come over to serve a country that wants to pay me stipends that would not match the load it wants to heap on me?

I just want to say sir that it's not all about you...
You stated that you were a traveller and you were familiar with some states in Nigeria.. But all cannot be as lucky as u are.. Many would have loved to traveled to various states just like u but cannot afford it..U can't just decide to travel without having the means to back up with your travelling plans...

Secondly, Some people got some horrible doubts and premonition about some states in Nigeria based on what they have heard or read.. posting youths to those state to integrate helps to erase such doubt...

People have made long term friendship through the NYSC scheme..Others have been retained in their place of service..

As for those that studied Abroad, Do u think it was not wise to let them showcase the knowledge and skills that they have acquired in foreign land

Besides it's not as if it was only Nigerians that does one year compulsory service..
Turkey Taiwan, Colombia, Iran Algeria, Isreal, Brazil Russia and China all sacrifice one year for their nations..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post / Pregnant Women In Nysc Camps / Corper Ezeiruaku Ifeyinwa Dehumanised By Chika Viola Anele, Leaves Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.