Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,904 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution (57227 Views)

Buhari Signs Bill Stopping NYSC From Posting Engineering Graduates To Schools / Male Corper & His Bulging Eyes React To Female Corper's Backside In Trending Pic / Nigerians React To Corper Gbadamosi Mayowa Post About Sleeping With His Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2017
innosaint27:
grin shocked grin

The essence of the NYSC scheme has long been defeated. All those crying foul now, I'm sure didn't serve in recent times.

There is more regrets than joy
More fears and tears than peace
More casualties than safety

So much negativity and corruption in the NYSC scheme.

The deletion of the scheme is best for all. A total waste of one whole year of one's life.

Let the FG modify the N-Power scheme a little more. That is a more noble scheme!

Dedicated to the memory of all those who died while serving Nigeria in the NYSC scheme in recent times!

To NwaAmaikpe, for applauding the deletion of the NYSC scheme.

baba, u get brain jo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by Brush1: 4:33pm On Aug 05, 2017
The largest fraud ever. It lacks impact, it would be more appropriate to refer to it as useless. Some copers would strike deals with officials, deals that offered them immunity. Some corpers would return to their homes, some would return abroad and would get a certificate of discharge in the end. So what are we really talking about?

While in camp, I understood the government had made funds available for running of generator. Sadly, we slept in darkness every single night. Food was horrible even though the government pays a reasonable amount for each plate of food consumed. Is also my understanding the government had also made funds available for basic needs of corp members . Such as cleaning of the bath rooms, toilet and provision of water while in camp, but all of these were lacking.

Essentially, funds allocated by the government for the purpose of these services to corp members are impressive. Financial contributions were made by corpers into cleaning of our bathrooms because funds provided by the government wasn't utilized for the purpose for which it was offered. NYSC has to be completely shut down because it's an intense fraud.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by BigBrother9ja: 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is worthy of celebration....

I know I'd never get back that lost 12months of my life.

But I don't regret it; I met Bilikisu, Sufuyatu, Funke, Iyabo, Ramotu, Oladayo and Monsurat.
What I learnt from these dirty humans would last me a lifetime.
Hiding this shiit tongue
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by boxypane(m): 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2017
innosaint27:

grin shocked grin

I never wasted mine, it was fully maximized sir!
However, my view is in broad sense.

If the majority who have engaged the scheme cannot sing a new song of merriment afterwards, then the scheme should be reviewed.

You don't see clearly by covering one of your eyes, you need to look with both eyes for clarity.

Issues of national interest should be looked into holistically without sentiments rather than a simple personal view.

If you have 10 undergraduate friends, ask them if they would like to serve should the NYSC scheme become optional. I'm sure their answers and reasons will make you see beyond the nice words you deposited.

most did sir, coz they utilised lit well.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by akigbemaru: 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2017
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by govnor4551(m): 7:27pm On Aug 05, 2017
NYSC need to be updated.... And not to be deleted. [quote author=akigbemaru post=59183349][/quote]NYSC need to be updated.... And not to be deleted.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by maneju01(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2017
That is a nice move

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by Skseries: 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is worthy of celebration....

I know I'd never get back that lost 12months of my life.

But I don't regret it; I met Bilikisu, Sufuyatu, Funke, Iyabo, Ramotu, Oladayo and Monsurat.
What I learnt from these dirty humans would last me a lifetime.
atleast u have had ur dose of hapinness for the day, can u go back to ur hurt hatred and sadness now and let us be
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by armadeo(m): 8:32am On Aug 06, 2017
DonMekino:

Exactly....
In the camp.. They said that government spends about 75000 to clothe a corper and further hundred of thousands to feed n fend for him.... My guy who sews these clothes n shoes dat they claim is 75000...u raised a good point

Over a decade ago I heard it was 70k per corper. Whenever you see something useless still going on and nobody tries to stop it just know one big man is chopping from there.

We should know who sees those clothes with messed up material that would shrink once you wash it. The wack food that would make a Billy goat puke.

Jeez. I think NYSC should be an eye opener for most graduates what to expect but the 19500 makes them feel cool with themselves.

Lol. It should be scrapped and a program like n power put in place for graduates for one year.

On the other hand many states would suffer. No teachers or doctors to attend to the populace.

It would be rough on them.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by 400billionman: 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
The NYSC should be transformed to a skill acquisition and apprenticeship scheme by govt.

The first question everyone should answer is this, what percentage of NYSC participants/graduands are gainfully or fully employed owing to the scheme ?

NYSC does not teach any money making skills. This is what Nigeria needs.
Re: Nigerians React To The Removal Of NYSC From The Constitution by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
Mashido:

http://www.ugoupdatesng.com/2017/08/nigerians-react-to-removal-of-nysc.html?m=0

So glad they finally scrapped that 1 year torture. Many opportunities to follow up foreign school admissions or to begin a profitable business have been lost because people had to serve before collecting their results. Only to end up jobless for many years now. Bleep NYSC! Their own children travel out without serving while the less privilege stay behind to lose their own opportunity. Nonsense!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"RIP English" - Reactions Trail Corps Member's Facebook Post / Pregnant Women In Nysc Camps / Corper Ezeiruaku Ifeyinwa Dehumanised By Chika Viola Anele, Leaves Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.