Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,365 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy (3895 Views)

Court Renews Victor Giadom's Position As Acting National Chairman Of APC. / Nigeria Re-emergence As Africa’s Biggest Economy, An Economic Scorecard Of PMB / Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by vedaxcool(m): 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
rlauncher:

The best question anyone could ask him or herself right now is - how can I become a part of this success.

I tell you, many poor people like you are making personal efforts without governments help to contribute their own quota to the economy.

Gbamest. .. lazy youths will always find why they will never ssucceed at anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by rlauncher(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2017
nototribalist:
if you're looking for who to click on your blog like this, trust me you won't go far

I disagree with you.

Not everyone thinks like you.

While some people don't see anything good in these piece of news, others see hope and a reason to challenge themselves to be a part of the new developments. cheesy wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by tuniski: 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

I am very sure when PMB mulled the idea of selling off the countries assets to meet Nigeria's infrastructural challenges you were among the people who shouted all sort of profanities.... Like it or hate it the PMB led administration has pulled Nigeria from the 2014 recession and economic catastrophe bequeathed by gej.
Hey nigeria entered recession in 2016 not 2014. The recession is 100% fault of buhari and we are still in it. The report is a skewed propaganda.
Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by rlauncher(m): 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
Markfemi:
Pls not forget South Africa and Egypt are less populated

Yes. That is true. At least we are seeing some sign of progress, albeit very little. This is a sign that we can achieve much more together if we don't give up and continue to see how we can contribute our own little efforts to help the nation grow and develop further.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by AngelicDamsel(f): 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2017
rlauncher:

The best question anyone could ask him or herself right now is - how can I become a part of this success.

I tell you, many poor people like you are making personal efforts without governments help to contribute their own quota to the economy.
I can now see you don't even know what a common man is!
You think common men are all poor men!

While I don't want to be offensive, the emboldened part of your post above just exposed how myopic and frivolous your judgements/assertions are.........
My advice, THINK before QUOTING so as not to expose your ignorance....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by ESDKING: 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2017
Lies from pit of hell

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by rlauncher(m): 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
Emjay1310:

We are saying the same thing. Majority of our wealth is concentrated in February hands. Only if the necessities are provided so that equal opportunities avail itself to everyone, that's when we will appreciate our growth. We need more principled and patriotic leaders to steer the affairs of this country to grow

One lesson I have learnt about this country is that if you wait for government to move before you move you may never go far. The people in government are constantly disappointing us.But I've seen many people making some good strides despite our ineffective governments. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by real691(m): 7:29pm On Aug 03, 2017
AngelicDamsel:

While I don't want to be offensive, the emboldened part of your post above just exposed how myopic and frivolous your judgements/assertions are.........
Please don't mind him..... I think calling someone poor is wrong.
Who knows he might even be one of those nairaland kids. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by rlauncher(m): 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
ESDKING:
Lies from pit of hell

I will advise you to find out which sector of the economy is making progress so that you can decide which goods or services you can supply or render to the people working in those economic sectors.

This is how wise people turns good news like this into wealth for themselves.

JOIN THE BANDWAGON!

THE ECONOMY IS REBOUNDING!!!! cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by omenka(m): 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2017
wristbangle:
We are hoping this would commensurate with the average life of Nigerians.

Now that the economy had re bounce to some extent, let's see what election losers/emotional babies got to say.

Prof lalasticlala, our economy has re bounce finally and now snake killing will reduce due to hunger cheesy
Baba, it seems a Potor bug has bitten you o. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by rlauncher(m): 7:40pm On Aug 03, 2017
AngelicDamsel:

I sincerely apologize for the wrong choice of word. I should have use the word " common man "" instead of "poor".

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by kn23h(m): 7:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
omenka:

No mind wristbangle, him don dey chase yam legs up and down the romance section grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by omenka(m): 7:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
kn23h:

No mind wristbangle, him don dey chase yam legs up and down the romance section grin tongue
No wonder.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by rlauncher(m): 7:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
real691:

Please don't mind him..... I think calling someone poor is wrong.
Who knows he might even be one of those nairaland kids. grin grin grin

I apologize to all those offended by my wrong use of word. Don't mean to offend.

Just to let you know. This isn't a kid at all.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by rlauncher(m): 7:49pm On Aug 03, 2017
omenka:

Look, investors make use of this kind of news. You can make positive use of this piece of news as well . Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by rlauncher(m): 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2017
AngelicDamsel:

Like reducing the cost of food in the market?
Like reducing the cost of fuel for my gen, when no power supply?

When common man is owed his salary, his father has not collected his pension for months now!
Check out swimming pools on our roads this rainy season. Our leaders don't know this or they know but choose to ignore!

#CommonManMustSurvive

I believe that people who are going through what you just described should begin to look for another or alternate source of income . It's not going to be easy, but we should try and never give up until we get it right.

Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by Markfemi: 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
rlauncher:

Yes. That is true. At least we are seeing some sign of progress, albeit very little. This is a sign that we can achieve much more together if we don't give up and continue to see how we can contribute our own little efforts to help the nation grow and develop further.

Can we stop celebrating mediocre at least we are seeing little it's better than nothing syndrome
Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by wristbangle: 8:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
kn23h:

grin grin u and omenka no well. I hurriedly typed that comment hence the reason for the grammatical blunder. Una know me well na cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:30pm On Aug 03, 2017
And lalasticlala won't see this!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by freshest4live: 9:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
Markfemi:

Can we stop celebrating mediocre at least we are seeing little it's better than nothing syndrome
I don't know about others, but l do not think GDP is worth celebrating but gdp per capita.
However, this report is encouraging on two fronts....
1) Awareness for investors especially foreign investors
2) inspiration to other Nigerians to key into major sectors of the economy that make up GDP.
Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by Dollyak(f): 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2017
AngelicDamsel:
Largest economy, but the common man doesn't know this................... Please how has this improved the wellbeing of a COMMON MAN?
Did you check the per capita income? A per capita income of 2k per head is pathetic. I am sorry, the average man cannot thrive with this.
Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by rlauncher(m): 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
Markfemi:

A thousand mile, they say begins with a step.

What you don't appreciate depreciates..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by rlauncher(m): 9:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
freshest4live:

I don't know about others, but l do not think GDP is worth celebrating but gdp per capita.
However, this report is encouraging on two fronts....
1) Awareness for investors especially foreign investors
2) inspiration to other Nigerians to key into major sectors of the economy that make up GDP.

That is the goal of this piece.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by rlauncher(m): 9:48pm On Aug 03, 2017
Dollyak:

Did you check the per capita income? A per capita income of 2k per head is pathetic. I am sorry, the average man cannot thrive with this.

Our per capita income was much lower during the military era . It was less than $400.00 then . We've sure made some progress.

Let's be grateful and carry on from there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by wildernessVoice: 11:05pm On Aug 03, 2017
What yardstick do they use in measuring Nigeria economic growth abeg ?. when executive beggars has out numbered regular beggars, women giving birth and flushing in water closet, selling of family members to feed on the increase e.t.c
Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by freshest4live: 11:07pm On Aug 03, 2017
wildernessVoice:
What yardstick do they use in measuring Nigeria economic growth abeg ?. when executive beggars has out numbered regular beggars, women giving birth and flushing in water closet, selling of family members to feed on the increase e.t.c
None of these stops collective wealth and output of the nation. That's capitalism for you, as terrible as it may sound.
But on a positive note, in agriculture Nigeria has the 6th largest farm output in the world and the largest in Africa despite the problems we face, and neglect in that sector for decades, our telecommunication sector also has 91.6 million subscribers, all of these makes up a larger percentage of our GDP than even oil.
That tells you there's real potential in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by Markfemi: 1:37am On Aug 04, 2017
rlauncher:

A thousand mile, they say begins with a step.

What you don't appreciate depreciates..

Me ko nu achievement black man wake up
Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by vedaxcool(m): 5:39am On Aug 04, 2017
tuniski:

Hey nigeria entered recession in 2016 not 2014. The recession is 100% fault of buhari and we are still in it. The report is a skewed propaganda.

The recession actually started in 2014 https://tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/gdp-growth
Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by 989900: 6:08am On Aug 04, 2017
tuniski:

[s]Hey nigeria entered recession in 2016 not 2014. The recession is 100% fault of buhari and we are still in it. The report is a skewed propaganda[/s].

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by 989900: 6:15am On Aug 04, 2017
Dollyak:

GDP per capita (PPP) is key, and that is at roughly $6,000 (states like Lagos already do better than that).

If we start refining our oil and increase non-oil exports as we are doing, we will be banging $10,000 GDP per capita (PPP) in no time -- that is prosperity.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by tuniski: 9:27am On Aug 04, 2017
vedaxcool:

The recession actually started in 2014 https://tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/gdp-growth
We entered recession in 2016. QED
Re: Nigeria Regains Position As Africa's Largest Economy by vedaxcool(m): 9:39am On Aug 04, 2017
[s]
tuniski:

We entered recession in 2016. QED
[/s]

We didn't the economy began collapsing in 2014 QED

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Biafra Story: Charly Boy Blast Nnamdi Kanu @igbo Conference London [video] / Trump Praises Jonathan Achievement / Viral Picture: If You Can’t Convince Them, Confuse Them (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.