Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures (37556 Views)

Meet Michael Chukwuebuka Who Sells Bottled, Pure Water In Suit In Lagos (Photos) / What Certifications Should I Enrol For As A Fresh Chemical Engineering Grad / Male Graduate Sells Food In Anambra After His Deportation From South Africa. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by vivypretty(f): 6:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
RockyEyo:

My friend go and hustle, U dey observe? Who send you?
you need ur advice more than I do. who send u make u quote?
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by Onedibe1: 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2017
vivypretty:

yes

I thought as much,dats y u r fyn like dat...Wats ur igbo name?
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by alexxo11(m): 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
freshest4live:

What do you know about the chemical engineering field?
I know it's the best paying engineering field ....a qualified chemical engineer has been exposed to a lot of technology (electrical and mechanical engineering fields ,splitting of isotopes etc)....for one to actually sell fish it's just sad ...you can actually do a lot ...not just waiting for employment you can create it....
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by freshest4live: 8:35pm On Aug 04, 2017
alexxo11:
I know it's the best paying engineering field ....a qualified chemical engineer has been exposed to a lot of technology (electrical and mechanical engineering fields ,splitting of isotopes etc)....for one to actually sell fish it's just sad ...you can actually do a lot ...not just waiting for employment you can create it....
What if l tell you the way she sells her fish and the way she packaged it is evidence of knowledge in a branch of chemical engineering, food technology(500 level) and Entrepreneurship in process Engineering(400 level).
With a higher capital, she can combine this with chemical reaction kinetics to help her preserve food, and chemical engineering deals with process optimization and Bioprocessing that allows for large tonnes per annum.
Food Processing is an elective in Chemical Engineering, though l didn't take it.
Chemical engineering is not all about oil, it's anything that has to do with conversion of raw materials and mass production in an optimal way, just that in Nigeria it has been regulated to just a small part of its' make up(oil and gas).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by piagetskinner(m): 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2017
vivypretty:
ask Google instead of believing everything u hear
on which my dear..the cat fish seller or the feminine of Thomas?
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by vivypretty(f): 10:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
piagetskinner:

on which my dear..the cat fish seller or the feminine of Thomas?
anything u want to know
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by alexxo11(m): 10:49pm On Aug 04, 2017
freshest4live:

What if l tell you the way she sells her fish and the way she packaged it is evidence of knowledge in a branch of chemical engineering, food technology(500 level) and Entrepreneurship in process Engineering(400 level).
With a higher capital, she can combine this with chemical reaction kinetics to help her preserve food, and chemical engineering deals with process optimization and Bioprocessing that allows for large tonnes per annum.
Food Processing is an elective in Chemical Engineering, though l didn't take it.
Chemical engineering is not all about oil, it's anything that has to do with conversion of raw materials and mass production in an optimal way, just that in Nigeria it has been regulated to just a small part of its' make up(oil and gas).
then that way she is using her knowledge well...but only if she is doing as you have said....but if her fish is of the same degree as the fish of the next vendor (whom there's a possibility has not studied in that field )then she is not making any competitive edge in the market...I assume she is the no 1 seller in the market ...if not then we know she is the same as every other vendor (degree not withstanding)
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by greatman247(m): 3:57pm On Aug 05, 2017
This is the real deal I'm talking about not those useless girls that abound everywhere.
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by smartnero24(m): 11:29pm On Aug 05, 2017
Nice dryer.

Finding ways to improve temperature control, while managing carbon emissions should make this process a big draw on a larger scale.

Like the idea alot!!
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by smartnero24(m): 11:37pm On Aug 05, 2017
freshest4live:

What chemical reaction kinetics are you talking about in drying? Drying is a physical process which does not involve reaction, basically what is removed is water. I'd appreciate if you enlighten me more on your perspective.
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by freshest4live: 1:30am On Aug 06, 2017
smartnero24:

What chemical reaction kinetics are you talking about in drying? Drying is a physical process which does not involve reaction, basically what is removed is water. I'd appreciate if you enlighten me more on your perspective.
I don't think l said anything about drying.
Knowledge of reaction kinetics and the rate constant can be useful for food storage and processing. Drying is majorly considered in storage before packaging. I was talking about food processing and storage in general, and l used kinetics as an illustration in terms of useful knowledge in processing and storage. Here the rate constant is important in processing. Drying then takes place( a physical process) to remove water or even inhibit microbial activities as the case may be.
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by smartnero24(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2017
freshest4live:

I don't think l said anything about drying.
Knowledge of reaction kinetics and the rate constant can be useful for food storage and processing. Drying is majorly considered in storage before packaging. I was talking about food processing and storage in general, and l used kinetics as an illustration in terms of useful knowledge in processing and storage. Here the rate constant is important in processing. Drying then takes place( a physical process) to remove water or even inhibit microbial activities as the case may be.
OK. Basically, I'm just talking about the process the lady is indulging in which is remove water from fish to preserve it (like you pointed out). I was thinking along the line of having a more automated dryer, where the temperature profile can be better monitored or modelled, in which case drying rate and all that comes to play but I think this would be tough given the source and method of heating.
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by piagetskinner(m): 3:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
vivypretty:

anything u want to know

Its u I want to know sef cool. #latereply
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by Oduok(m): 7:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
freshest4live:

I can sight a very intelligent chemical engineer. Which school did you finish from?
Re: Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures by AlphaSoul: 3:05am On Feb 05, 2021
viviangist:
@VIVIANGIST

Her name is Monica Tanee. She's a Chemical Engineering graduate from the University of Portharcourt. She's from Rivers state, OGONI to be precise. She sells smoked Catfish thoroughly washed, sprinkling of salt processed through firewood oven.

She's one of the few Nigerian ladies who believes that she needs money to enable her to meet her needs and the way she know she can get it is through hard work. I celebrate your courage dear.

This clearly shows that she doesn't feel comfortable seeing some women sitting at home, waiting for a man to open a shop for them or to provide for their basic needs. You're truely an inspiration dear.....God bless you

Source : http://www.viviangist.com.ng/see-what-this-nigerian-slay-queen-does-to-survive-pictures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide / Choosing Between Acca And Ican / Top 5 Highest Paying Oil And Gas Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.