Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? (10077 Views)

9-Year-Old Homeless Girl Feeds Feaces To Baby Of Lady That Rescued Her / Couple Welcomes 1st Baby Of 2016 At Abuja Hospital After 9 Years Of Marriage / Can Someone Miss Their Period For 2 Mths & Nt Pregnant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? by Jummy4real(f): 11:43am On Feb 11, 2010
Dear Nairalanders,

Please which other foods can i introduce to my baby of 10 mths apart from indomie. My baby takes indomie to school everyday and I want to believe she will soon get tired of eating it if i dont make provision for any other food for her as a substitute. Hope to hear from you. Thanking you in advance.
Re: Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? by mamaken: 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2010
hello jummy
when my 2 boy's were 10 month's old, i gave them already all kind of food and they enjoyed it eve without having all their mouth full of money ( teeths )
try to give her rice with simple tomatoe stue or vegetables and of course fruits, baby's love fruits for a change.
And what abt pounded yam or chicken cut in tinytiny little pieces?
oh and beans ( in little quantity ) very easy for them to chew, beans contains Minerals calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron and vitamins B2, B6, C, E, provitamin A and folic acid.
may sound funny to you to give baby's this type of food. but i assure you she'll like it. smiley
Re: Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? by Jummy4real(f): 2:55pm On Feb 11, 2010
@mamaken

Thank you very much. I appreciate u. I will surely try the new foods you suggested. Regards.
Re: Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? by otilowaju(f): 4:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
I have a baby of about the same age and with only 2 teeth up and 2 down wink which means he cannot chew but only swallow.

In the morning I pack in his school (creche) bag (in addition to his cereal) yam pottage, beans pottage, rice, potato, amala/semo/wheat & ewedu or ogbono. He eats almost everything we adults eat except that I cook them till very, very soft. The yam I mash totally with palmoil (no veg oil pls) and very small dry pepper and little salt (no maggi pls). Yes, I boil titus fish and debone completely and add to all the above. I also blend dry crayfish and alternate with fish. For his age, you should try and remove the skin of the beans before cooking (heard its the skin that triggers stooling ). If its Irish potato I add fresh egg to it and mash together, its also delicious to taste and my baby enjoys all of them. Even the amala and ewedu!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? by Pampers: 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2010
Try amala nd ewedu, uld be suprised.babies love it
Re: Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? by Pittbaby(f): 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2010
@ poster. i hope you are not including the indomie spices. they include more soduim than a full sized adult should take and talkless of a 10 month old. just the noodles is fine .

once a baby turns on to solids any healty meal is good ( as long as it does not pose an easy choking hazard , i.e no chewwing required and no bones)
Re: Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? by Amigoz(f): 5:30am On Feb 13, 2010
Pampers:

Try amala nd ewedu, uld be suprised.babies love it

I so second that cheesy

@op

sweet potato mashed nd a lil butter to spice it up . . . and as all the earlier posters have mentioned, u can give a 10 month old most foods (without salt and sugar) as long as its very soft or pureed (mashed)

Happy feeding
Re: Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? by Ndipe(m): 12:38am On Feb 14, 2010
Your best bet would be to consult your child's pediatrician on what should be the next stage of feeding instead of asking Nairaland members. Geezzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 14, 2010
This is a very good age to start introducing children to our Native food: BUT NOT TOO MUCH BECAUSE IT'S HIGH IN FATS AND CALORIES

1. Iyan
2. Amala
3. Eba
4. Yam [Good source of calcium]
5. Koko
MAKE SURE TO MASH THE YAM AND KOKO, TO PREVENT choking.
6. Okro
7. Egusi
8. Eggplant [good source of vitamins/ protein]
9. sweet potato
10. Ewa/beans [mash it with spoon]
11. Fish
Re: Which Other Food Can I Introduce To My Baby Of 10 Mths Apart From Indomie? by FayeZik(f): 1:59am On Feb 14, 2010
Most children this age will eat most adults food, if cooked very soft. Let the child try the food at home and make sure she/he likes it before sending to school. Also, spare the child the sodium and sweetners. Pediatricians advice is not necessary in this case. Most importantly, avoid food like hot dogs, bite size meats, peanut, grapes or anything that can easily lodge or mislodge into the child's throat and thus block the windpipe, resulting in chocking and god forbid, the parents worst nightmare. Safety 1st please.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Maltreat Their Househelps? / How Do I Punish My Husband For Betraying My Love / What Was Your Embarrassing Moments In 2023.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.