Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Veil - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Veil (10181 Views)

The Feeling Behind The Veil / Sequel: Behind Her Veil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Veil by ADECULATE(f): 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2017
Haaaa audu, i feel so sorry 4 u btw duch12 tanks 4 a wonderful update as always
Re: Veil by duch12(m): 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2017
ADECULATE:
Haaaa audu, i feel so sorry 4 u btw duch12 tanks 4 a wonderful update as always

Thanks Sis

1 Like

Re: Veil by duch12(m): 10:25am On Sep 08, 2017
Episode 20 The end

I was taken to the hospital for treatment of the wounds I got from the lynching. I was handcuffed to the bed and two policemen were assigned to guard me. My mother, her friend, uncle Ibrahim and aunty Shatu who has arrived from Bauchi and Kano respectively came to the hospital in the night. My mother began to cry when she saw me in cuffs. Aunty Shatu held her and sat her down on the bed.
“How are you doing?” Uncle Ibrahim asked.
“I am doing fine.” I said smiling. I looked at my mother and touched her hand. “Everything is going to be fine Inna.”
“Why would you ever think of doing such a stupid thing?” Aunty Shatu asked angrily.
“I don’t know. He was beating Inna and I don’t know what came over me.” I replied her.
“Had Yaya gotten a divorce, this won’t have happened.” Aunty Shatu said regrettably.
“This is not time for blame. The deed has already been done. We need to find a way out of this mess.” Hajia Falmata, my mother’s friend said.
“I have a friend who is a very good lawyer. He can help us with this case.” Uncle Ibrahim said.
“I don’t need a lawyer.” I said.
“Will you shut up?” Aunty Shatu shouted at me. “We are trying to fix the mess you did.” She eyed me.
Uncle Ibrahim brought out his cell phone and dialed a number. He talked with the person at the other end of the call for close to an hour. They stayed with me till late in the night. They left promising to come back the following morning.
I was moved to the prison five days after staying in the hospital to await my trial. My lawyer and a detective occasionally visit me in the prison for questioning. My trial begins after spending close to five months in prison. I was found guilty of murder of murder after four sittings and was sentenced to life imprisonment.

We live in a society where women are not valued. A society where women are seen as second class citizens and tool for sexual gratification. A society a man is always right and the woman is always wrong. A society where a male child is value above a female child irrespective of her potential. A society where women are not supposed to be heard. A society where rules are made to favor the men. A society where a woman is always blamed for her husband’s death. A society where bad children belong to the mother and the good ones to the father. A society where men infidelity is seen as an achievement. A society where men try their best to bring down successful women because they see them as threat. A society where women are made to turn against each other. A society where women are made to believe they can never perform more than the men. A society where rape victims are blamed for being raped. A society that is in favor of the men.

We need to strive for a society where gender equity is the order of the day. Where both men and women are given equal opportunities in life and no gender is being marginalized for what so ever reason. Women are not just the other sex but out mothers, sisters, wives, aunties, friends and daughters and they deserve to be treated well.

7 Likes

Re: Veil by angelliza(f): 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2017
Wow the story is nice I wish all the men can readthis and can value all the women in their life
Re: Veil by ADECULATE(f): 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2017
Wooooow Op tanks 4 a wonderful nd lesson filled story, i wish every1 would read dis most especially d men, pls do mention me wen u start anoda 1
Re: Veil by yewande1234(f): 10:51pm On Sep 08, 2017
wow..... dis story is a bomb, i jz keep thinking if dis story is a true-life story or fiction, but anyways you really pass a msg across to everyone out der.

#SAYNOTODOMESTICVIOLANCE
Re: Veil by ftosino(m): 7:58am On Sep 09, 2017
what a lovely story, i really learnt a lot from it, thanks to you mr duch12. pls mention me when you wanna start a new one.
Re: Veil by Deeejah(f): 5:49pm On Sep 09, 2017
Beautiful story which shows the anguish some women pass through daily.
U did a good job but i want to draw your attention to Somethings I noticed, so you can overcome them in your next story.
1. Be mindful of ur use of tenses, let ur past events be in past tense/participle.
2. You shd also take note of ur verbs, not all verbs take 'ed'.
3. Homophones are words that av similar pronunciation but different meanings & spellings. Eg sight, site,cite, burst, bust etc. So u shd take cognizance of such words so that u don't use them wrongly.
Finally, If u can, I will advise you have someone edit ur stories.
That's all. Pls no offence intended. I hope to write soon too and I will welcome your corrections as well.
Sannu da Aiki
Re: Veil by duch12(m): 7:36am On Sep 10, 2017
Deeejah:
Beautiful story which shows the anguish some women pass through daily.
U did a good job but i want to draw your attention to Somethings I noticed, so you can overcome them in your next story.
1. Be mindful of ur use of tenses, let ur past events be in past tense/participle.
2. You shd also take note of ur verbs, not all verbs take 'ed'.
3. Homophones are words that av similar pronunciation but different meanings & spellings. Eg sight, site,cite, burst, bust etc. So u shd take cognizance of such words so that u don't use them wrongly.
Finally, If u can, I will advise you have someone edit ur stories.
That's all. Pls no offence intended. I hope to write soon too and I will welcome your corrections as well.
Sannu da Aiki

Thanks for the one million advice. Will do that immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Veil by MissRelly: 6:42am On Sep 15, 2017
AWESOME!!! more grace
Re: Veil by piroux(f): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2017
Nice story. Somewhat sad ending though. cry
Re: Veil by Honeydawealth(f): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2017
Nice story with great lessons.....
But I dont lyk d ending because I believe d family of d deceased could av said that.....they dont want to push d case, so as to avoid the boy from going to jail....since they all know how voilent d man was.
Re: Veil by EvaJael(f): 6:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
I came online to relax with a good story. The title captivated me and I entered. I must say I have no regrets. I'm so sorry I didn't see the mention earlier. It's a wonderful piece.
Re: Veil by kalu61(m): 6:45am On Sep 22, 2017
Sorry, l had to come back this late to complete the story. Honestly you have a book to call yours.Kudos.
Re: Veil by kalu61(m): 7:13am On Sep 22, 2017
1)The tenses are too primary(simple) which an adult will find childish and need proof reading with injection of little grammar.e.g ...came to pass ridding bicycle...came by on bicycle. l asked him to drop the bicycle...park etc.
2)Your work is a one way story.No distraction,humor,no discription(only episode 1) remember the camera men,the flash of light and name calling e.t.c gave us a mentel picture of yourself and the environment.
Re: Veil by kalu61(m): 7:41am On Sep 22, 2017
The conclusion(Ep.19) is poor.This is focal point of your story;where every reader looks up to.It must be a)emotionally driven like your mother crying for help,your sibling doing theirs in the parlour,b)the action was not discriptive.l couldn't picture the scene properly like ...I raised the pestle high and held it in the air... landed it on my dad's half bleeding skull spilling the red and white contents all over the place with speed of light acompanied by crashing sound.
Re: Veil by duch12(m): 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
kalu61:
The conclusion(Ep.19) is poor.This is focal point of your story;where every reader looks up to.It must be a)emotionally driven like your mother crying for help,your sibling doing theirs in the parlour,b)the action was not discriptive.l couldn't picture the scene properly like ...I raised the pestle high and held it in the air... landed it on my dad's half bleeding skull spilling the red and white contents all over the place with speed of light acompanied by crashing sound.

Thank you bro,will take all corrections. I have another story, THEORY X and I think it is better than this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

RENEGADE. *A Crime Story* / A Womans Strength / Adventures With Theresa 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.