Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,267 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

US Navy Ship Caused Haiti Earthquake - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Navy Ship Caused Haiti Earthquake (8374 Views)

Wikileaks Shows How US Govt Sabotaged Haiti Economic Growth / Wyclef Jean Shot In Hand In Haiti / Haiti: BBC Traces Scam Computer To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Navy Ship Caused Haiti Earthquake by ElRazur: 10:28am On Feb 22, 2010
ow11:

You run the risk of being accused as using 'means' to bust such myths that hold the simple minds amongst us. I mean I have witnessed people attributing Late Steve Irwin's heroics to his use of special 'powers'.

People just don't want to learn. How do you explain a graduate believing and insisting that consumption of lots of water can lead to obesity.

True.

Personally, I am the one to test the waters when I was growing up in Naija. I think one example was to catch fishes from a tabooed river and eat it. The myth is that the water is sacred and even if the fish are caught, it will not cook. Needless to say, it isn't true. I think it was just a myth handed down from generation as the stream back then was the only source of drinking water. Also anyone who have gone fishing will know that all sort of things are used as bait. etc. I suppose it is just a protection mechanism and no one bothered to question it.

As for a graduate believing water = obesity. Lmao. I guess if that graduate is from the Yoruba tribe, then yeah I can see why they have such belief. In Yoruba, a literal description of some with a obese body will be "Someone with plenty of body water" [Eni to lo mi lara]. So I am guessing those kind of beliefs comes from there lol.

I will really like to see a Naija version of Myth Busters though. lol.
Re: US Navy Ship Caused Haiti Earthquake by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 22, 2010
How do you explain a graduate believing and insisting that consumption of lots of water can lead to obesity.

i experienced this in a makeshift gym some years back. see me dragging unnecessarily with advocates of 'water makes you fat'.

Lmao. I guess if that graduate is from the Yoruba tribe, then yeah I can see why they have such belief.

the guy in my own case was from the east tongue
Re: US Navy Ship Caused Haiti Earthquake by ZIONIA(m): 2:14pm On Apr 07, 2010
“Others [terrorists] are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves… So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations…It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our [counterterrorism] efforts.”

Secretary of Defense William Cohen at an April 1997 counterterrorism conference sponsored by former Senator Sam Nunn. Quoted from DoD News Briefing, Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen, Q&A at the Conference on Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and U.S. Strategy, University of Georgia, Athens, Apr. 28, 1997.

http://www.cheniere.org/references/cohen.htm

http://www.defense.gov/transcripts/transcript.aspx?transcriptid=674

Re: US Navy Ship Caused Haiti Earthquake by EmperorOlu: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2010
ZIONIA:

“Others [terrorists] are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves… So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations…It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our [counterterrorism] efforts.”

Secretary of Defense William Cohen at an April 1997 counterterrorism conference sponsored by former Senator Sam Nunn. Quoted from DoD News Briefing, Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen, Q&A at the Conference on Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and U.S. Strategy, University of Georgia, Athens, Apr. 28, 1997.

http://www.cheniere.org/references/cohen.htm

http://www.defense.gov/transcripts/transcript.aspx?transcriptid=674

^^^ He said that in 1997 so you can just imagine how far the USA has gone with the development and perfection of the weapon in 2010. Leave those unbelievers, they are blinded already. The truth always comes out in the end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Receives Amended Gender Equality Opportunity (GEO) Bill / Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas / Photos From Rochas Okorocha's Book Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.