Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? (13323 Views)

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / 7 Contemporary Nigerian Gospel Artistes In Their 20s / Top Nigerian Gospel Artistes Are From Christ Embassy - Is God Being Partial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Chukazu: 11:54am On Aug 06, 2017
Companies are scared of associating with any things that has "religious connotations" and its very Hypocritical because every single one of us has an allegiance to one religion or the other, so why hide itundecided
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Chukyz: 11:54am On Aug 06, 2017
HENROSHUN:
...Good Morning and Happy Sunday to y'all.

There is this question that I have been pondering on and I will like the house to throw more light or clarify my curiosity if there are any I am not aware of.

The question is why are our Nigerian Gospel Artists ie the likes of Frank Edward, Sinach, Tope Alabi,Nathaniel Bassey, Chioma Jesus, Same Okposo, Joe Praise etc etc not being used as brand ambassadors of Glo, Mtn, Airtel, 9mobile, Pespi, electronics, Banks,etc

Is it that it's a sin or their fan base is not strong enough to accommodate such or They themselves don't want it or they don't have the charisma or what exactly is this issue??
Like I said initially, I haven't seen any or is there any I am not aware of?
If we have the Olamides and the D'banjs as brand ambassadors then why can't we have this Gospel Artists?

Please clarify my curiosity.
Our Christian Brothers and Sisters on this forum can also help out.
Lalasticala Can help us too!!!

Most organization have a policy to be neutral when it comes to religion. They have nonreligious inclination. You can not say GLO is Christian or Muslim because both Christians and Muslims are their subscribers. Imagine the interpretations Muslims will get it GLO signs all the gospel artiste. Some Muslims may be offended and drop the SIM and vise-versa which is one of the reasons these brands do not want controversies.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Chukazu: 11:57am On Aug 06, 2017
Chukyz:

Most organization have a policy to be neutral when it comes to religion. They have nonreligious inclination. You can not say GLO is Christian or Muslim because both Christians and Muslims are their subscribers. Imagine the interpretations Muslims will get it GLO signs all the gospel artiste. Some Muslims may be offended and drop the SIM and vise-versa which is one of the reasons these brands do not want controversies.

And why not sign both Christians and Muslims?

But Glo actually did sign both Islamic and Christian gospel arts
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Chukyz: 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2017
Chukazu:

And why not sign both Christians and Muslims?

But Glo actually did sign both Islamic and Christian gospel arts

Please do your research . This trend is not Perculiar to Nigeria. It's just that some nations like Nigeria put religion first before anything that's why it seems to be a problem. Businesses do not like involving in religious matters. Not only religion but most times distance themselves from political affiliations.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Babinski: 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2017
Gospel Artistes are already Ambassadors of Christ, which is very likely to be in conflict with a worldly ambassador that is more concerned with popularity and current trends that will sell their products.
Just as it is not easy for you to be a GLO ambassador and an MTN ambassador at the same time, the Brand of Jesus cannot be corrupted or collocated with another.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by whytepawn1(m): 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2017
its very simple.... " reach". gospel singers don't have the type of following these other singers and artists have.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by sapele914(m): 12:41pm On Aug 06, 2017
HENROSHUN:

There is this question that I have been pondering on and I will like the house to throw more light or clarify my curiosity if there are any I am not aware of.

The question is why are our Nigerian Gospel Artists ie the likes of Frank Edward, Sinach, Tope Alabi,Nathaniel Bassey, Chioma Jesus, Same Okposo, Joe Praise etc etc not being used as brand ambassadors of Glo, Mtn, Airtel, 9mobile, Pespi, electronics, Banks,etc

Is it that it's a sin or their fan base is not strong enough to accommodate such or They themselves don't want it or they don't have the charisma or what exactly is this issue??
If we have the Olamides and the D'banjs as brand ambassadors then why can't we have this Gospel Artists?

You don't mix religion and business.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by MAXIMAL123(m): 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2017
wink
Thanks
For your Next contracts? Book Now!!!
walexydo:
With these points of view, Nothing to say again. THREAD CLOSED
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by MAXIMAL123(m): 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2017
sisipelebe:
maximal123 has said it all.
wink
Thanks
For the Next contracts? Book now!!!
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by MAXIMAL123(m): 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2017
NwaliE01:
In addition to the points enlisted by Maxmal123, Most Organisations are mantadted by law not affiliate with any religion or religious activity in Nigerian in anyway as inshrined in the CCA.
That's the main reason Organisations don't use Gospel artist as ambassadors

You are right
Thanks wink
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by MAXIMAL123(m): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2017
coputa:
A gospel arteste can still minister through his performances
You mean with the likes of those worldly musicians?
Tope Alabi said that "Tiwon bantan e, Matan ra re"
Tale that
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2017
HENROSHUN:

That's because they're not of the world even if they live there.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by mariamm234: 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2017
grin

Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by 400billionman: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2017
HENROSHUN:

If they release songs as popular as Kirk Franklins songs or R Kelly, why won't companies use them as brand ambassadors ?
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by TohKunBoh: 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2017
sukkot:
those gospel artists are more wicked than devil lmao. its a FACT

AMOS 5 VS 23 Spare me your noisy singing— I will not listen to your musical instruments. <<< GOD SPEAKING. WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT GOSPEL SINGERS
stop quoting shits abeg..at least understand the bible verse before quoting shit..David used to sing to God and he loved it...with his jamborine and other musical instruments
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by piagetskinner(m): 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2017
because gospel artistes don't sing rubbish hence no crowd...circular musicians on the other hand sing rubbish most of the time,, and sadly most of our youths get turned on by their rubbish..and since there's more crowd there's gona be more money...

that's y the telicos go after Olamide ,WizKid and co
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
THEY ARE NOT ILLUMINATED.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
MAXIMAL123:
wink Thanks For the Next contracts? Book now!!!
ook

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. / The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins / Have You Ever Seen A Ghost Disappear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.