Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? (13326 Views)

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / 7 Contemporary Nigerian Gospel Artistes In Their 20s / Top Nigerian Gospel Artistes Are From Christ Embassy - Is God Being Partial? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Lexusgs430: 9:04am On Aug 06, 2017
Circular music ti take over.....
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by DgreatKALU(m): 9:06am On Aug 06, 2017
sammie okposo was once glo amb. nau.......but of recent i cnt rmbr any high profile deal for any gospel act cry
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by NwaliE01: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2017
In addition to the points enlisted by Maxmal123, Most Organisations are mantadted by law not affiliate with any religion or religious activity in Nigerian in anyway as inshrined in the CCA.
That's the main reason Organisations don't use Gospel artist as ambassadors

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by NoBetterNigeria: 9:08am On Aug 06, 2017
Monkey yato si Chimpanzee

Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by coputa(m): 9:13am On Aug 06, 2017
MAXIMAL123:
Get this right first!
Any body acting under the body of christ are not to "perform" but to "Minister"
So are U expecting them to go and minister in the midst of other high class and advanced secular musicians like...
Timaya, tiwa savage, P'square, Kcee, Olamide, David, Wiskid etc
That act under the influence of this worldly way?
That can do anything to get...
more attentions,
more money,
To remain Relevant.
They can smoke openly on stage,
they can do anything to their body just for more attention,
They can go unclad on stage for just attention
They can do any sexual things to ladies openly on stage and they will still receive 'enough go ahead' from their fans,
etc
So would you now be expecting such christ Anointed (Sheep) to be mixing with the worldly (wolf)?...
that is not possible!!!
They are not anointed to be an ambassador to something like MTN, Glo etc
But to be an ambassador to christ and to the christ only
And that's one of the issue I guess that is affecting the career of a gospel art Atorise Seriously now about him and those fuji stars.
So my dear Sis or Bro, their calls are different and there motives are different also
Thanks
For that contracts? Check my signature
A gospel arteste can still minister through his performances
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by jaytime(m): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2017
I think Sammie Okposo and Glo have had something before. Is he really a gospel musician or a gospel entertainer? I dunno!
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Sultty(m): 9:16am On Aug 06, 2017
HENROSHUN:
...Good Morning and Happy Sunday to y'all.

There is this question that I have been pondering on and I will like the house to throw more light or clarify my curiosity if there are any I am not aware of.

The question is why are our Nigerian Gospel Artists ie the likes of Frank Edward, Sinach, Tope Alabi,Nathaniel Bassey, Chioma Jesus, Same Okposo, Joe Praise etc etc not being used as brand ambassadors of Glo, Mtn, Airtel, 9mobile, Pespi, electronics, Banks,etc

Is it that it's a sin or their fan base is not strong enough to accommodate such or They themselves don't want it or they don't have the charisma or what exactly is this issue??
Like I said initially, I haven't seen any or is there any I am not aware of?
If we have the Olamides and the D'banjs as brand ambassadors then why can't we have this Gospel Artists?

Please clarify my curiosity.
Our Christian Brothers and Sisters on this forum can also help out.
Lalasticala Can help us too!!!
In as much as u r a confused person let me point out that gospel artist themselves most probably are the ones that reject these deals because it will be like countering themselves as brand ambassadors of Christ to being brand ambassadors of some 'worldly' brand
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by goshen26: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2017
If u use Gospel artist I.e Christian artist other religions, especially the moon sighter will cry out...

Only religious firm can use religious artist without issue... This is one the SRT back religion has caused us....
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by iamjavadem(m): 9:30am On Aug 06, 2017
WeNoGoDie:
I see ignorance littered on this thread.

They're Christ's ambassadors therefore they don't deserve to be paid.....

.... they won't pay their bills?

Its simple logic, identifying with a particular religion reduces the target audience which is bad for business.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Elnino4ladies: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2017
Dem no get swag
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by ethicalUser(m): 9:35am On Aug 06, 2017
Bcoz their fan base is small.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by chloride6: 9:36am On Aug 06, 2017
For the same reason, you don't take your gf to chill in church

grin
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Mayee1: 9:43am On Aug 06, 2017
Fan base is small joor
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by mybestlove(m): 9:45am On Aug 06, 2017
We get to notice the era we are in now.
The era when evil is celebrated
When sexy look is more appealing than decent look
When 'I'm bad' takes the place of 'being good'
When making money is better than making a good name
When leaders think God is irrelevant and non existent
When abomination is celebrated in public
When the family no longer has value in the society

We're in the time the Bible called "End Time"

The time man is suppose to come close to God
The time of reflection
The time to watch and pray
The time to make amends
The time of repentance
The time of restitution

Because the devil has blinded and deceived mankind that is why the things of the world(unrighteousness) are given more relevance than the things of God(righteousness)
The reason why sinful men/women who promote sexuality, cultism etc are called 'celebrities' meaning that they are the ones the society celebrate.

So, this is why those that sing praises and promote Righteousness cannot be recognised to become brand ambassadors. They are not of the world.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Gobhanky: 9:45am On Aug 06, 2017
Who e epp
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by hopkinsnoni(m): 9:47am On Aug 06, 2017
Because it will limit their customers, since most products breaks through religion and f culture... If a Christian artist is used, people of other religious beliefs might not buy it
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by lakesider(m): 9:52am On Aug 06, 2017
No global brand associates itself with any religion
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by joshkke(m): 9:53am On Aug 06, 2017
As many have posted above, differences in belief (ideology if u like) pose a big hindrance to these endorsements. Having said that, the real issue is management. There are many brands which are totally compatible to the typical Gospel Artist's beliefs, e.g. cereals, beverages, some beauty care products, etc. These can get endorsements from Artists. I disagree this is bad for biz. At last check, how many Christians are there in Nigeria? And nothing stops them getting same endorsements from other faiths for balance.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by potent5(m): 10:03am On Aug 06, 2017
It's for the sake of neutrality of products and services in the religious sphere. Otherwise, some religious bigots and fanatics will stop patronizing a particular brand because an artist is an ambassador of that brand.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Freethought(m): 10:06am On Aug 06, 2017
Ambassadors need to have a wide range of fans as a celebrity.... Tell me, how many people listen to gospel music, even the highest percentage of people who listen to them don't know them personally...

Ask a toddler who olamide is and hr/she will tell you "are you a learner"
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 06, 2017
HENROSHUN:

There is this question that I have been pondering on and I will like the house to throw more light or clarify my curiosity if there are any I am not aware of.

The question is why are our Nigerian Gospel Artists ie the likes of Frank Edward, Sinach, Tope Alabi,Nathaniel Bassey, Chioma Jesus, Same Okposo, Joe Praise etc etc not being used as brand ambassadors of Glo, Mtn, Airtel, 9mobile, Pespi, electronics, Banks,etc

Is it that it's a sin or their fan base is not strong enough to accommodate such or They themselves don't want it or they don't have the charisma or what exactly is this issue??
If we have the Olamides and the D'banjs as brand ambassadors then why can't we have this Gospel Artists?

Ur popularity/Followership decides it all. Dem wizkid dem get followers pass the Christian singers, God built people to always stay away from religion n focus on worldly things.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by edwapkalmeed(m): 10:21am On Aug 06, 2017
HENROSHUN:

cause most brand are selling g to the general people which bar was not only Christians and they won't want want to sign gospel musician so as not make some particular set of people to avoid their goods or services
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Emekayoung(m): 10:25am On Aug 06, 2017
HumanistMike:
It's strictly business. Gospel artists do not have the mass appeal as mainstream ones.

Since companies are not charity organisations, their reason for endorsing artists is to make more money than the endorsements of these artists cost. It is with these profits they run their businesses.

There's is no sentiment here. It's just simply a game of numbers.

NB: Gospel artists are more likely to picky and discriminatory. A gospel artists can object to performing in a certain location just because the location is a Night Club...or the outfit is too revealing...or the hair style is against their religion...or the backup dancers will twerk etc.

Mainstream artists have no such problems.
Very gud point u have here.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Ezyp(m): 10:32am On Aug 06, 2017
Integrityfarms:
Christ Ambassadors should not see money as the original basics for ministration. For freely they received from God and so should do it freely.

Their ministrations is not to gain the applause of men rather to bring convictions in the heart of the sinner and making them to see the need to solely and wholly embrace Christ as theory Lord and personal Saviour.
I think you got all wrong. Being a musician is a gift/talent as being a doctor,teacher, engineer or even politicians. If these guys can use their gift/talents to the Glory of God and make huge money while shouldn't a gospel artist do so.
When these gospel artists are signed by the big companies, people get to know Christ more.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by seunakin231(m): 10:53am On Aug 06, 2017
Most of them don't brand themselves to be sellable to these so called brands that spend money, the tend to hide under that gospel act, hence makes it difficult to push such brands, followership and acceptance is also a key driver when it comes to being an ambassador.... a 2face can push campari, a Frank Edwards or Nathaniel Bassey cant, u know why Sure u do now
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by MissRaine69(f): 10:58am On Aug 06, 2017
Depends on the brand, their marketing strategy and target group.
If you are a brand manager your job is to look at trends, consumer spending habits etc Now add religion into the factor that's complex . Depending on which genre of churches we are speaking off ( there are many in Nigeria that makes it complex ) some will shun worldly things and money is spent in church rather than outside. Most countries have a dominant religion not here so mass appeal won't factor at all. Let's not forget the obvious sex sells. That's something that's marketed easily across any brand with any artist. You can't do that where religion is concerned.
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by Addy003(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2017
HENROSHUN:

If they sign them... Would they do free shows in churches?
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by CanadianNurse: 11:39am On Aug 06, 2017
HENROSHUN:

Sammy okposo was a glo ambassador! Get your facts right
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by walexydo: 11:41am On Aug 06, 2017
MAXIMAL123:
Get this right first!
So are U expecting them to go and minister in the midst of other high class and advanced secular musicians like...
more attentions,
more money,
To remain Relevant.
They can do any sexual things to ladies openly on stage and they will still receive 'enough go ahead' from their fans,
etc
So would you now be expecting such christ Anointed (Sheep) to be mixing with the worldly (wolf)?...
that is not possible!!!
And that's one of the issue I guess that is affecting the career of a gospel art Atorise Seriously now about him and those fuji stars.
So my dear Sis or Bro, their calls are different and there motives are different also
Thanks
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by walexydo: 11:43am On Aug 06, 2017
MAXIMAL123:
Get this right first!
more attentions,
more money,
To remain Relevant.
etc
that is not possible!!!
Thanks
With these points of view, Nothing to say again. THREAD CLOSED
Re: Why Are Most Gospel Artistes Not Used As Brand Ambassadors? by sniperr007(m): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2017
Jesus is their brand.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caught On Camera: Holy Mary Appeared Live In Kaduna, Nigeria (see Photos, Video) / Qualification For Heaven / Traditional Wedding Or White Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.