Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything (12139 Views)

5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / 5 Bible Verses To Help Parents In Bringing Up Their Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by chacoonder(m): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2017
For me, Forgiveness will depend on the gravity of the effect of my enemy's wrongdoing in my life.
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by experimentist: 9:24am On Aug 06, 2017
PMWSpirit:
Enemy na enemy , no love for enemies oo. Na the time wey dem write bible that thing work ooo , enemies of now dey do oversabi ooo
grin So now na to 'kill thy enemies' abi?

Omo na to write another version be dat o! grin
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by experimentist: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2017
udemzyudex:
If you want blessing it's in the Bible, if you want curse it's inside the Bible, if you want war or peace, you will also see it there..

That same Bible have all this in it
Way to go! Christianity is a religion of blessing, curse, peace and war. Just like christian buffoons label Islam a religion of war.
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by udemzyudex(m): 9:46am On Aug 06, 2017
experimentist:
Way to go! Christianity is a religion of blessing, curse, peace and war. Just like christian buffoons label Islam a religion of war.

Take note, jesus came to redeem us, that's why we have the new testament .

Islam still practice what's in the old statement,you will notice some of the things in old testament are in Quran.
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by faheez(m): 9:47am On Aug 06, 2017
Integrityfarms:
This is the difference between Christianity and other religions, especially the religion of PEACE
2 chronicles chapter 15 verse 13
Deuteronomy chapter 13 verse 6 is good for nitwit like you. pot calling kettle black.
Ponder on these little while your brain boots..

1 Like

Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by LLSAINT(m): 9:49am On Aug 06, 2017
You are in the Spirit. It is painful that Judaism and its practice has eaten deep into the fabrics of the Gospel especially in Africa. There is so much hate and suspicion in the church, body of Christ, families, relations and the society in general. Then we ask; what did Christ come to die for? This is why the Church is not changing the society or families. Lets go back to the Gospel that the Apostles preached!
psucc:
Hallelujah! This was the reason Paul warned the brethren to beware of strange doctrine or a new teaching. Today, even in the elevated 'born again' churches, out pastors are now preaching fire for fire, head for an eye and portray the Lord only as a consuming fire without telling men of the Lord's mercy and forgiveness.

They end up rubbishing the dead and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

May God be merciful.

1 Like

Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by Agimor(m): 9:54am On Aug 06, 2017
May God give us the grace to live an exemplary life.

1 Like

Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by alowonle02(m): 9:54am On Aug 06, 2017
I love this, but I do wonder why some churches belief in strangle their enemies with the power of fire. The pastors of nowadays do not teach their church members to forgive whoever offend them but rather ask them to send fire on them. I do tell friends around me that, should God Almighty answer the people calling to execute their foes with enemies, all of us would have died by now because there is no way you won't get angry with the way someone treat or behave towatds . in a nutshell, you are a physical enemy to someelse family and the person will be praying for his enemy to die too. My only advise for us here is to forget our enemies and live our own life. Enemy is part if tools that make this life. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by YelloweWest: 9:55am On Aug 06, 2017
cheesy
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by celestialAgent(m): 9:59am On Aug 06, 2017
0b100100111:

The greatest invention of the early man was spiritual books. He was able to brainwash and colonize millions with it. Its the most effective tool to control humanity. They were very wise!
Incredibly wise! The painful thing is Africa is now more consumed with conventional religious activities than the various religion hosts countries wink
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by avaa(m): 9:59am On Aug 06, 2017
0b100100111:
Even the lots that brainwashed Africans with the religion don't love there enemies!

They bomb them! Israel and Saudi Arabia kill there enemies at will...... And it baffles me why we re so intoxicated with the belief than the founders!

People subscribe to different delusions, no matter how absurd, as long as it gets them through this tough and hard world.
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by faheez(m): 10:01am On Aug 06, 2017
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by faheez(m): 10:01am On Aug 06, 2017
I am not a Christian but sometimes I wonder why there was the need for the New Testament. somebody pls explain.. short and explanatory.
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by Freethought(m): 10:02am On Aug 06, 2017
Please does this passages occur to boko haram and their victims also?
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by alowonle02(m): 10:04am On Aug 06, 2017
udemzyudex:

Islam still practice what's in the old statement,you will notice some of the things in old testament are in Quran.

Please tell me where in the bible that Prophet Isa (Jesus) forbide his follower to put aside old testament and stick to new testament. I beg go and learn more about your religion stop saying what you dont know.
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by Chidonc(m): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2017
psucc:
Hallelujah! This was the reason Paul warned the brethren to beware of strange doctrine or a new teaching. Today, even in the elevated 'born again' churches, out pastors are now preaching fire for fire, head for an eye and portray the Lord only as a consuming fire without telling men of the Lord's mercy and forgiveness.

They end up rubbishing the dead and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

May God be merciful.
bro change is constant, the prayer of jesus Christ on the cross to forgive them for they do not know what they are doing have passed, they now know what they are doing; they are killing you, isis, bokoharm etc where not in existence then, the leaders then where not looting the people dry and building estates in other nations, crime rates where at minimal then and punishment melted out to dfaulters. one group of people where not killing the other then asking for forgiveness.
any pastor that shouts fire for fire, I support him, if making scores equal will make us leave in peace and harmony then why should we relent. if you know that once you kill my goats I will retaliate and kill yours, there would be peace cos you also wont like ur goats killed. take a good look so far at isreal and Pakistan, if not for the fire for fire mentality do you think isreali would still be in existence
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 06, 2017
swiz123:
The words in the Bible are very important to the way we live our lives a s Christians. I think it is very crucial that we don't take the word of God for granted. It is important that we read and understand God's word because there are things in the Bible we would never gasp on our own.

Even some of the smartest minds may have trouble understanding what God is trying to tell us in the Bible. The section about enemies is one of the areas that can be tough to grasp. We are in a society where many people tend to live for themselves.

Having the ability to love and forgive our enemies is counter to our own sense of reasoning. God teaches us that if we see our enemies in trouble or in need, we help them no matter what.

Below are 5 Bible verses about the importance of loving your enemy:

Luke 6:27
- "But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you."

Exodus 23:5 - If you see the donkey of one who hates you lying down under its burden, you shall refrain from leaving him with it; you shall rescue it with him.

Acts 7: 60
- And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Ephesians 4:32
- Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Mark 11:25
- And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses."

Brow whynu no wan back am up with Bible verses that instructs Christians to exact killings on others.
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:16am On Aug 06, 2017
udemzyudex:

Note Jesus did not come to condemn the old preachers ways.

1 Like

Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by udemzyudex(m): 10:30am On Aug 06, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
Note Jesus did not come to condemn the old preachers ways.

I never said so.
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by udemzyudex(m): 10:31am On Aug 06, 2017
alowonle02:

Please tell me where in the bible that Prophet Isa (Jesus) forbide his follower to put aside old testament and stick to new testament. I beg go and learn more about your religion stop saying what you dont know.

I no blame you, I blame seun
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by CanadianNurse: 10:38am On Aug 06, 2017
experimentist:
Hi Mumuni..
mynd44 seun lalasticlala oam4j there is a need for Christian section

And a clause "I accept jesus the son of God as my lord and personal saviour" should be added before commenting on Christian threads

Even if seun is an atheist.. What is good for the geese is good for the gander! Please do the needful
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by CanadianNurse: 10:40am On Aug 06, 2017
faheez:

2 chronicles chapter 15 verse 13
Deuteronomy chapter 13 verse 6 is good for nitwit like you. pot calling kettle black.
Ponder on these little while your brain boots..
seun mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by CanadianNurse: 10:45am On Aug 06, 2017
tongue tongue
experimentist:
And why'd you have to quote me wit that trash hoe?
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by walls01: 11:23am On Aug 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
"Love your enemies while I burn mine in hell forever"
-Son of a Jewish carpenter

the quote of a logical reasoning man ....... hopefullandlord
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by walls01: 11:29am On Aug 06, 2017
0b100100111:
Even the lots that brainwashed Africans with the religion don't love there enemies!

They bomb them! Israel and Saudi Arabia kill there enemies at will...... And it baffles me why we re so intoxicated with the belief than the founders!

religion and people that practice it or spread it are two different things, when you can distinguish it that is when you will move out of your ignorant way of seeing religion
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 06, 2017
Integrityfarms:
This is the difference between Christianity and other religions, especially the religion of PEACE

Bigots like you are so blinded and sentimental. He listed 5 verses from the Bible, isn't Exodus from the OT? Why cherry pick verses and chapters? You pick the lines that suits you in Malachi, Proverbs, Exodus, Deutonomy et Al, but when people quote the inciteful verses in the Bible then you shout it's Old Testament or quoting out of context. Smh for religious bigots like you
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by walls01: 11:43am On Aug 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
"Love your enemies while I burn mine in hell forever"
-Son of a Jewish carpenter

with all your logical reasoning you seems unable to comprehend physical things. why do the constitution says you cannot kill, but subject offenders to death through death sentence or why the constitution says you must report all matters to the police and not take law into your hands but the judge will act accordingly.

you with all your wisdom cannot tell us how the universe started. my friend start to comment on things you understand and die not out of ignorance

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? / Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary / Living Faith Distributes Relief Items To Eleven IDP Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.