Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:17 PM

Why Are You Not In Church Today? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You Not In Church Today? (6971 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 06, 2017
I have so many pages to cover in my textbooks, I have two papers to write tomorrow, I will go next Sunday by then my exam is over.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Didov1(f): 9:04am On Aug 06, 2017
IamZod:

Are u sure u will go for evening mass smiley
.yh..sure thing..m always present 4 sunday benediction,so i cnt miss d evening mass.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Solowiz(m): 9:09am On Aug 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
because Jesus story is a fairytale

How does one know his/her god exists. Because he came down and told you face to face? No
Because if you act in a good way only good things will happen to you? No

Because if you obey certain rules that he hands down and believe in him fully that you will lead a great life and be content? No

How about the fact that you were genetically born of another human and you will live you life until you die whether you believe in a deity or you don't. Sounds like reality to me. Leave out all the gobbledygook and nothing changes. Religious belief is an opiate that makes you think you belong to a group and that you have a deity which will help you live your life. That might be true if all those who don't believe in your deity couldn't live their life in the same way. It just proves that believing in a deity is superfluous in how one lives their life and how one's life is effected by the randomness that is life on Earth.

People "know" their god is real the exact same way children know that Santa is real. They are told it is real by people they trust.

The only fundamental difference between a belief in god(s) and in Santa is that the former is often reinforced for decades (Churches, Schools via crk, family) while the latter is not.
. Atheist everywhere

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 06, 2017
Didov1:
.yh..sure thing..m always present 4 sunday benediction,so i cnt miss d evening mass.
Okay then.
Do well to pray for us that didn't go.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2017
I got my eyes on u wink
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by gidimasters(m): 9:21am On Aug 06, 2017
somieee:
Nothing... Am on my bed, come and beat me
����������

Lol.. I'm coming
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Didov1(f): 9:22am On Aug 06, 2017
IamZod:
Okay then. Do well to pray for us that didn't go.
..okay
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by segebase(m): 9:25am On Aug 06, 2017
I get big match for ma room today.. that y
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Kilanee: 9:27am On Aug 06, 2017
Shelloween:
Will going to church lead you to Heaven? And will God condem you just because you didn't go?
hmmm simple question u can't even answer.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by onos217(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2017
God help me. I don't feel that gathering they call church any more. I feel I'm liberated.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Abdogood(m): 9:40am On Aug 06, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I'm doing my menses

Celestian spotted:- Halleluyah ooo
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by liri(m): 9:46am On Aug 06, 2017
I am only here to read comments...can I get a/an [/s]AMEN [s]like
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by beyondwalls: 9:49am On Aug 06, 2017
I am on 'Sabbatical' leave..

Thanks Op..I once enjoyed Catholic service in school, I should try these Masses thingy.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Ayofrosh(m): 9:52am On Aug 06, 2017
best of luck...

Akshow:
Because after following my parents to church several years, I realized that several other children follow and get Indoctrinated by their parents into several hundreds of other religions. So I followed my brain and discovered that religion is a hoax. A tool for oppression, hatred, greed and manipulation. A tool for giving poor masses hope of an afterlife to ward them off revolting and protesting. Lifetime better for me now. Now, Sundays are for relaxation
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by drizzy22(m): 9:54am On Aug 06, 2017
Young03:
Tryth is that I don't know

I haven't been to church more than 4times since this year

And the funny thing is that, the church is just 1km away from my house

St Joseph's Catholic church, Ist east circular rd b/c

Benin burger. St Joseph close to Ascon filling station. I live close to that area...
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by rheether(f): 9:54am On Aug 06, 2017
crunchyg:

As you fine like this you actually typed this rubbish? SMH

As you mumu reach you no Sabi say nah typo error. I pity you!
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by uvalued(m): 9:59am On Aug 06, 2017
eezeribe:
We are all sinners... But na 'sinners' carry church for head.Before 7.am,them don occupy front seat.
HYPOCRITES.

get behind me satan ... I AM THERIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD... a PARTAKER OF THE DIVINE NATURE
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by uvalued(m): 10:01am On Aug 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
because Jesus story is a fairytale

How does one know his/her god exists. Because he came down and told you face to face? No
Because if you act in a good way only good things will happen to you? No

Because if you obey certain rules that he hands down and believe in him fully that you will lead a great life and be content? No

How about the fact that you were genetically born of another human and you will live you life until you die whether you believe in a deity or you don't. Sounds like reality to me. Leave out all the gobbledygook and nothing changes. Religious belief is an opiate that makes you think you belong to a group and that you have a deity which will help you live your life. That might be true if all those who don't believe in your deity couldn't live their life in the same way. It just proves that believing in a deity is superfluous in how one lives their life and how one's life is effected by the randomness that is life on Earth.

People "know" their god is real the exact same way children know that Santa is real. They are told it is real by people they trust.

The only fundamental difference between a belief in god(s) and in Santa is that the former is often reinforced for decades (Churches, Schools via crk, family) while the latter is not.

AND DA FOOOL SAYS THERE IS NO GOD

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 06, 2017
edidiongmichael:
This is a very important question for Christians that are not going to church today. What's your excuse? What if trumpet sounds today, what will you tell God as pe why you stayed back from church?

Jesus was not a Christian.
Jesus never went to church rill he died.
Also Trumpets can only be sounded from earth, God is a spirit n doesn't live in masnions n blow trumpets upandan
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by hopefulLandlord: 10:13am On Aug 06, 2017
uvalued:

AND DA FOOOL SAYS THERE IS NO GOD

in that same book you got this from, your Messiah said he'll come back when some of those he's talking to are still alive, some of those people are alive today over 2017 years later, waiting for the Messiah to come back
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Wisedove(m): 10:42am On Aug 06, 2017
Though I went for mass today does not mean that I'm qualified for eternal life as claimed by most sacred texts.

As a thinker I was made to realize that world religions was formulated initially based on the notion of enslaving people thereby having control over them and their possessions. Like a shepherd they(relligious leaders) keep control of their flocks(followers) and guiding them to do things for their own benefits.
Laws are been formulated, legendary stories are been fabricated, and they finally rolls out forbidden fruits of their religion attached with repercussions if it's been acted against.
Further more, they keep their followers out of the reach of other religions, telling them the others are evil because they are against their own Ideas...they will even go the extent of waring against other religions and this (religious killing) as been since time immemorial and it's even gaining momentum now.

My advice to the people of this generation is to start thinking for ourselves and not be acting based on those rigid stories, norms, believes etc written in those sacred texts. Nothing is fundamental, sacred texts are written by men just like you and me only to enslave us...
This is a clarion call to you all to start using your own instinctions, think along every sacred texts you're reading ,make adjustment to any words you came across in them that's not inline with your thought and finally let's put religion aside and embrace peace.

WISEDOVE
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Mekanus(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2017
I stopped doing that shiit 7 years ago and I'm very happy about that.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by gabolz(m): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2017
Just heavy at heart. Also Need the time out to clear my big head.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by shaiba(f): 11:09am On Aug 06, 2017
I dey office o. smiley
We fellowship after work hours at my place of work.
It is well
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Grace001: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2017
Man made religion, creating the perception of "we" and "them" have you ever wonder what will happen to the Muslim ? Definitely you will say or assume they are going to hell. I remember during my undergraduate days in school one of my lecturer gave am example using a Christian SU and a Muslim sunni to explain that religion is man made. According to the SU sister gave her reasons that the Muslim and others who do no believe and declared Jesus as their lord and personal savior and be baptise and take the holy Communion will not see enter the kingdom of God. Now to the Muslim sunni sister, she argued that the only person who can inherit the kingdom of God (aljunah) must practise the five pillar of Islam faith, 5 daily prayers, zakat, going to umurah(that is becoming an alhaji and Alhaja) etc. The lecturer now asked us who will really enter or inherit that kingdom of God ? It means nobody will inherit. Religion is an idealogy imof creating "we" and "them" which caused a problem in the world at large.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by NovusHomo(m): 11:34am On Aug 06, 2017
Don't wanna give my money to any mofo of a Pastor.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:34am On Aug 06, 2017
My house is a very quiet place.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Young03(m): 11:36am On Aug 06, 2017
drizzy22:

Benin burger. St Joseph close to Ascon filling station. I live close to that area...

yes boss
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by bentuzene(m): 11:40am On Aug 06, 2017
CaptEColeJnr:
How is Sunday Sabbath day?...

Was waiting for this... grin
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by bentuzene(m): 11:43am On Aug 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

in that same book you got this from, your Messiah said he'll come back when some of those he's talking to are still alive, some of those people are alive today over 2017 years later, waiting for the Messiah to come back

My problem with atheists is that they just read and expect to be convinced... If all Christians read the Bible that way, the whole world will have Zombies by now.

Point is you just read a story book, not understanding a word in it.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by bentuzene(m): 11:46am On Aug 06, 2017
Because today is Sunday, First day of the week on the calendar and my laundry day!
Also God rested on the real Sabbath day in Genesis 2 after creation and Jesus went to the synagogue on that same day... None of the disciples missed worshiping on that day even after Jesus left and the Bible says it's that day that shows my obedience to God in Worship.

So I am not going to Church on a Sunday!
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by hopefulLandlord: 11:50am On Aug 06, 2017
bentuzene:

My problem with atheists is that they just read and expect to be convinced... If all Christians read the Bible that way, the whole world will have Zombies by now.

Point is you just read a story book, not understanding a word in it.

The message of Christianity is whatever you want it to be. The big book of multiple choice can and does validate any position anybody wants it to.

I keep telling people that "the bible, as written, is either the word of god, or it is not. If it requires interpretation, it becomes useless, because it then devolves in a war of interpretations, and one is every bit as good as another." And then look at the number of Christian sects and cults today.....................!

"The bible" begs the question - which bible? There are many diverse and different, confused and internally contradictory editions of the bible that can be traced back as being written by men from the 4th century onward.
The oldest bible (Codex Sinaiticus"wink was written by a team of four men in the late 4th century and is significantly different to those we know today.

There appears to be nothing unique or original within the Urban Myths at the root Judaeo/christian religion - but be assured that the rapidly growing and third largest "religious" cohort (the non-religious) treat all the thousands of apparently imaginary gods, goddesses and god-men/"messiahs" with exactly fair and equal skepticism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Destroying Ancestral Altars/agents (1) / Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance / Frosbel Is Highly Questionable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.