Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Why Are You Not In Church Today? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You Not In Church Today? (6839 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by snowden9(m): 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2017
Because I don't go to ceremonial church services. Today is harvest in my church and the idea of harvest these days are to solicit for funds instead of to harvest souls into the kingdom of God.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nofuckgiven: 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Jesus was not a Christian.
Jesus never went to church rill he died.
Also Trumpets can only be sounded from earth, God is a spirit n doesn't live in masnions n blow trumpets upandan
Jesus was a Christian. Because He is Christ and Christian means Christ followers. What you should have said is that Jesus did not have a religion. Christianity is a way of life,others just go to church but don't practice the faith. They are mere churchgoers just like the OP himself else he would know that going to church doesn't guarantee making heaven.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by MissRaine69(f): 12:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
There is no stipulation that stated you have to worship in a building. Jesus did not go to church every Sunday. Finally if and when the trumpet sounds that's between my maker and I and no one else. The question should be are your sins lighter than a feather?

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:24pm On Aug 06, 2017
edidiongmichael:
This is a very important question for Christians that are not going to church today. What's your excuse? What if trumpet sounds today, what will you tell God as pe why you stayed back from church?
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2017
FRIEND! GOING TO CHURCH CANNOT SAVE ANYBODY, NEITHER YOU BEING A PASTOR CAN... YOUR FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST THE BLESSED IS OUR ONLY SAVING GRACE...
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by bentuzene(m): 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

The message of Christianity is whatever you want it to be. The big book of multiple choice can and does validate any position anybody wants it to.

I keep telling people that "the bible, as written, is either the word of god, or it is not. If it requires interpretation, it becomes useless, because it then devolves in a war of interpretations, and one is every bit as good as another." And then look at the number of Christian sects and cults today.....................!

"The bible" begs the question - which bible? There are many diverse and different, confused and internally contradictory editions of the bible that can be traced back as being written by men from the 4th century onward.
The oldest bible (Codex Sinaiticus"wink was written by a team of four men in the late 4th century and is significantly different to those we know today.

There appears to be nothing unique or original within the Urban Myths at the root Judaeo/christian religion - but be assured that the rapidly growing and third largest "religious" cohort (the non-religious) treat all the thousands of apparently imaginary gods, goddesses and god-men/"messiahs" with exactly fair and equal skepticism.
Isn't Love as a word used as the basis for domestic violence? Or peace a reason people give for war?

The fact that Humans have turned something good to bad doesn't make it bad.

The Bible was written by men, Yes, God used them to show us his faith in us. Were you expecting him to write the Bible himself? Would that not be him forcing us? He just did that to show us that despite our imperfections, he loves us.

Fact stands at this, there is no book that clearly explains the true nature of God except the Bible. Despite the fact that you may choose the imperfections (Caused by humans) in his word, His true nature is Love and I have resolved to that.

Read 2 Tim. 3:16-17 if you still have issues with the Bible.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by crunchyg: 3:31pm On Aug 06, 2017
rheether:

As you mumu reach you no Sabi say nah typo error. I pity you!
Madam I wasn't talking about your typo I was referring to your statement
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by SamuelLoch: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2017
Which trumpet is sounding Biko shift!!!
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Jesus was a Christian. Because He is Christ and Christian means Christ followers. What you should have said is that Jesus did not have a religion. Christianity is a way of life,others just go to church but don't practice the faith. They are mere churchgoers just like the OP himself else he would know that going to church doesn't guarantee making heaven.

Pls tell ur pastor to stop feeding u with falsehood, Christianity is a religion n nothing more.

The Jews(Pharisees n Saducees) Never at any point regarded, called or accepted Jesus as "Christ" "Savior"....From his birth, life, death n resurrection, no one regarded him as Christ except his apostles n disciplines................ Thus it's impossible for the Jews to start calling the Disciples "Christians" as in Christ like.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nofuckgiven: 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Pls tell ur pastor to stop feeding u with falsehood, Christianity is a religion n nothing more.

The Jews(Pharisees n Saducees) Never at any point regarded, called or accepted Jesus as "Christ" "Savior"....From his birth, life, death n resurrection, no one regarded him as Christ except his apostles n disciplines................ Thus it's impossible for the Jews to start calling the Disciples "Christians" as in Christ like.
Why are you confusing yourself? Did his apostles not follow Jesus' way of life and teachings? They were Christians because they followed Jesus' teachings. Same with Christians of today. It is not a religion but religion was created by man to use as a tool to manipulate his fellow man.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 07, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Why are you confusing yourself? Did his apostles not follow Jesus' way of life and teachings? They were Christians because they followed Jesus' teachings. Same with Christians of today. It is not a religion but religion was created by man to use as a tool to manipulate his fellow man.

"It is not a religion but religion was created by man to use as a tool to manipulate his fellow man.""

Please define RELIGION.

No Hebrew could ever call the apostles "Christians" or "people who behaved like ''chrisy'' because Jesus was never accepted as Christ at any point in Hebrew history. Hebrews are. not Christians up till this day.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Doctorflaky(f): 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2017
Shelloween:
Going to church will help me grow in Christ? I thought it was listening to the word of God and living a sin free life. Bro, the word of God is not preached only in Churches, what's stopping me from turning on my TV and watching our sunday service at home? The most important thing is the message passed in churches, not the church itself.

Is ok
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by uvalued(m): 7:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

in that same book you got this from, your Messiah said he'll come back when some of those he's talking to are still alive, some of those people are alive today over 2017 years later, waiting for the Messiah to come back

dont worry e concern u ....abeg park well... matter weh no concern u no kuku put ya mouth biko...
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nofuckgiven: 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2017
PrecisionFx:

"It is not a religion but religion was created by man to use as a tool to manipulate his fellow man.""

Please define RELIGION.

No Hebrew could ever call the apostles "Christians" or "people who behaved like ''chrisy'' because Jesus was never accepted as Christ at any point in Hebrew history. Hebrews are. not Christians up till this day.

Let me help you.
religion
rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
"ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
synonyms: faith, belief, divinity, worship, creed, teaching, doctrine, theology; More
a particular system of faith and worship.
plural noun: religions
"the world's great religions"
a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.
"consumerism is the new religion"

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 08, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Let me help you.
religion
rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
"ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
synonyms: faith, belief, divinity, worship, creed, teaching, doctrine, theology; More
a particular system of faith and worship.
plural noun: religions
"the world's great religions"
a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.
"consumerism is the new religion"

Good.

Now isn't Christianity in possession of a doctrine, faith, beliefs, divinity, worship, teachings, require devotion, requires worship of a super human
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nofuckgiven: 9:23am On Aug 08, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Good.

Now isn't Christianity in possession of a doctrine, faith, beliefs, divinity, worship, teachings, require devotion, requires worship of a super human

It is but most people who say they follow Jesus' teachings don't do so. Going to church doesn't make one a christian. That is where you got it wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

It is but most people who say they follow Jesus' teachings don't do so. Going to church doesn't make one a christian. That is where you got it wrong.

Ur back to where I started, Jesus never went to church, was never a Christian, he never instructed that his disciples should build a church n worship him there everyday, he was a Hebrew man that practiced Judaism n all the black magic associated with it.
There are basic Christian tenets that one has to believe n accept before they become a Christian.

Still on still Christianity is a religion.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nofuckgiven: 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Ur back to where I started, Jesus never went to church, was never a Christian, he never instructed that his disciples should build a church n worship him there everyday, he was a Hebrew man that practiced Judaism n all the black magic associated with it.
There are basic Christian tenets that one has to believe n accept before they become a Christian.

Still on still Christianity is a religion.
Jesus was not a Jew. He was born into the Jewish religion but everyone knows he went against them hence the reason for the hatred and his crucifixion. That is Christianity. His way of life and teachings. Christianity is Jesus' way of life emulated by his followers. Not all Christians go to church and not all church goers are Christians. So it is not a religion explicitly.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Jesus was not a Jew. He was born into the Jewish religion but everyone knows he went against them hence the reason for the hatred and his crucifixion. That is Christianity. His way of life and teachings. Christianity is Jesus' way of life emulated by his followers. Not all Christians go to church and not all church goers are Christians. So it is not a religion explicitly.

I can now see that ur around 14 years old.......

Jesus was a Jew.

He preached "the law" in the synagogue several times.

He was killed by Roman rulers because he was parading himself as "king of kings", The main kings cum Bleep am up.

Jesus also said he hasn't come to change the law(old testament/Judaism), but to fulfil it.

There's nothing like explicitly, Christianity is a religion, it's not even argued anywhere. I guess ur pastors fed u that 'Christianity is not a religion', lmao
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nofuckgiven: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2017
PrecisionFx:

I can now see that ur around 14 years old.......

Jesus was a Jew.

He preached "the law" in the synagogue several times.

He was killed by Roman rulers because he was parading himself as "king of kings", The main kings cum Bleep am up.

Jesus also said he hasn't come to change the law(old testament/Judaism), but to fulfil it.

There's nothing like explicitly, Christianity is a religion, it's not even argued anywhere. I guess ur pastors fed u that 'Christianity is not a religion', lmao
I can also see you lack manner s and morals and you are just an overgrown baby claiming to be an adult.
Just because he accommodated Jewish laws didn't make him a Jew. So if i listen to Jehovah's witnesses preach,does that make me one of them? If he were really a jew,why did he try to change the laws? He changed them to suit Christianity. The new law and His way of life.
Educated illiteracy is when you think you are right when you are wrong. After all,fools also think they are wise. My pastors never fed me anything because I don't even go to church on a regular basis,the Bible is my guide to living a morally upright life. I don't need a human being like me to tell me what the holy book says when I can study it myself and build a relationship with God.
Not everyone follows pastors sheepishly like you.
Normally,people believe in the religion they were born into just as Jesus was born Jewish but he didn't die a Jew for sure.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 09, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

I can also see you lack manner s and morals and you are just an overgrown baby claiming to be an adult.
Just because he accommodated Jewish laws didn't make him a Jew. So if i listen to Jehovah's witnesses preach,does that make me one of them? If he were really a jew,why did he try to change the laws? He changed them to suit Christianity. The new law and His way of life.
Educated illiteracy is when you think you are right when you are wrong. After all,fools also think they are wise. My pastors never fed me anything because I don't even go to church on a regular basis,the Bible is my guide to living a morally upright life. I don't need a human being like me to tell me what the holy book says when I can study it myself and build a relationship with God.
Not everyone follows pastors sheepishly like you.
Normally,people believe in the religion they were born into just as Jesus was born Jewish but he didn't die a Jew for sure.

Jesus practiced Judaism until he died, there was no point he was a Christian.
Epistles won't convert Jesus into a Christian.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nofuckgiven: 10:12am On Aug 09, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Jesus practiced Judaism until he died, there was no point he was a Christian.
Epistles won't convert Jesus into a Christian.
He was the first christian. If he didn't break any laws,he would not have been killed neither would anyone be a Christian. So he practice Judaism because he was born into it but died a Christian. End of discussion. I am done here. Argue with your keypad if you wish.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

He was the first christian. If he didn't break any laws,he would not have been killed neither would anyone be a Christian. So he practice Judaism because he was born into it but died a Christian. End of discussion. I am done here. Argue with your keypad if you wish.

"he died as a Christian"

I don't think this mofo even knows what the word means... lmfao
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nofuckgiven: 3:53pm On Aug 10, 2017
PrecisionFx:

"he died as a Christian"

I don't think this mofo even knows what the word means... lmfao
A mad man laughing at his stupidity. So long. It befits you after all you are an educated illiterate. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

A mad man laughing at his stupidity. So long. It befits you after all you are an educated illiterate. cool

Jesus was born a Judaist, lived as a Judaist, Died as a judaist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why We Must Not Remove God From Human Governance / One Major Thing That Can Stop Gods Blessings / If Jesus Is God, How Can He, As God, Die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.