Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! (2119 Views)

‘My Husband Calls Me Barren”, Woman Tells Court / Mum Calls Cop To Arrest Her 10 Year Old Son ( video ,picture) / My Mother-In-Law Calls Me By My Wife's Ex Boyfriend's Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by edima001(m): 10:33am On Aug 07, 2017
Let me not bore you guys with much talk...
Since I came back home two months now(I left home since 2015)my dad has never call my line for any reason but Wil call my senior brother to pass a message to me knowing that we are working in the same company (family own)..
For instance there was a day cooking gas finished in the house on a Saturday evening., the ideal thing was for him to call me to go buy it but he called my senior brother to pass the information to me, another time me and my brother went out with one of our cousins that just visit the country two weeks ago and while we were drinking my mum called me to speak with my brother through my own phone,
Why didn't she just call my brothers line at once?
All this time I didn't even know that my dad doesn't have my own number in his phone till last night when we closed from work and got home then my mum and dad were not in the house I decided to call my mum as it was unusual for the two of them not to be at home at the same time but my mums line was off then I reluctantly dialed my dad's line he picked up but ended the call just to call me back..
He told me that she was with him in another of our house (which is not occupied by anyone) then I asked if there is no problem he said no problem and asked if that was my line that he doesn't even have my number..
Meanwhile have use my line to call him few times in the last two months (atleast 3times) yet he didn't have my number..
What could be the reason for this?..
N/B: I can't get into more details of this stuffs but am just giving an instance here*
Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by smartty68(m): 10:39am On Aug 07, 2017
Ask your Mum questions about what's happening because she sure knows what's going on. There's something they're hiding from you guys.
Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by ambient: 10:43am On Aug 07, 2017
you shouldn't be disturbed by it,it equally happens in my house.i guess Ur brother is someone he relate well with.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by dayleke: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2017
You be Mom's boy and your brother is Papa's boy...

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by dayleke: 10:48am On Aug 07, 2017
Omo oko ati omo aya...
Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by Richy4(m): 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2017
please Don't read meanings where there's nothing...Take it as if your elder brother's line doesn't connect speedly the way yours works on your mum's phone..

And since you are on a talking terms with your dad, what's your headache...or has he treated u differently when u were kids...

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by czarina(f): 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
Y'all telling him not to read meanings should take it easy jor.... Even if both parents have their favourites that is not a good reason for not having his son's phone number ...haba? Maka why na.... Ask ur mama, something is definitely 'meaty'!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2017
Call for a family meeting and ask your parents these same questions you're asking here. Why won't your dad have your number on his phone, and why does he always call your bro to pass messages across to you?. There's something wrong somewhere...parents don't act this way.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2017
Parents can't love or pay attention to their children equally just as we can't love our friends equally. So you should know it's normal if your parents shows preference. They are just being Human! But if you feel bad about what is going on, call your parents and have a good conversation with them.
Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by tuscani: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2017
It might just be an over site. But if I were you, I will probe further

1 Like

Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by eyinjuege: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2017
Your dad may not know how to save your number .

When he gets home, put your no on his phone and save it.

Same thing for your mum, put your bros no on her phone and save it for her.

Shikena

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 07, 2017
Speak with your parents to inquire.
Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2017
Those of you saying its an oversight or there is nothing much to it are either short sighted, havent fully grasped the scenario or are favouritic parents . Everything is wrong here, Op you should have a tête à tête with ur parents, there is more to it than they have volunteered
Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by edima001(m): 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2017
Benita27:
Call for a family meeting and ask your parents these same questions you're asking here. Why won't your dad have your number on his phone, and why does he always call your bro to pass messages across to you?. There's something wrong somewhere...parents don't act this way.
Family meeting in my family doesn't always end well my dear...
We just let things be as it is sha..
I can't go into my family stuffs online sha but it's difficult in my family since everyone is more like an island
Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by edima001(m): 7:33pm On Aug 07, 2017
Richy4:
please Don't read meanings where there's nothing...Take it as if your elder brother's line doesn't connect speedly the way yours works on your mum's phone..

And since you are on a talking terms with your dad, what's your headache...or has he treated u differently when u were kids...
He wasn't even in Nigeria while we were growing up..
We all feared him when he came back in 2001.
After leaving the country since 1994 when my junior sister was just a year old..
So no different treatment to anyone but we just don't get along much..
I guess he just wants a relationship with my brother since he has no Relationship with any of us

1 Like

Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
edima001:

Family meeting in my family doesn't always end well my dear...
We just let things be as it is sha..
I can't go into my family stuffs online sha but it's difficult in my family since everyone is more like an island
Then you have to act like you don't care whether your dad calls you or not while you do greatly.
Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by edima001(m): 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
Thanks everyone for the contribution...
Am really grateful to them all..
Sorry I was busy since morning and didn't have time much to check back! embarassedThanks everyone for the contribution...
Am really grateful to them all..
Sorry I was busy since morning and didn't have time much to check back!
Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by Franky826: 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2017
undecided

Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by crackhaus: 10:23pm On Aug 07, 2017
edima001:
Let me not bore you guys with much talk...
Since I came back home two months now(I left home since 2015)my dad has never call my line for any reason but Wil call my senior brother to pass a message to me knowing that we are working in the same company (family own)..
For instance there was a day cooking gas finished in the house on a Saturday evening., the ideal thing was for him to call me to go buy it but he called my senior brother to pass the information to me, another time me and my brother went out with one of our cousins that just visit the country two weeks ago and while we were drinking my mum called me to speak with my brother through my own phone,
Why didn't she just call my brothers line at once?
All this time I didn't even know that my dad doesn't have my own number in his phone till last night when we closed from work and got home then my mum and dad were not in the house I decided to call my mum as it was unusual for the two of them not to be at home at the same time but my mums line was off then I reluctantly dialed my dad's line he picked up but ended the call just to call me back..
He told me that she was with him in another of our house (which is not occupied by anyone) then I asked if there is no problem he said no problem and asked if that was my line that he doesn't even have my number..
Meanwhile have use my line to call him few times in the last two months (atleast 3times) yet he didn't have my number..
What could be the reason for this?..
N/B: I can't get into more details of this stuffs but am just giving an instance here*
He likes your brother more, end of story.
Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by YourCoffin: 8:39am On Aug 08, 2017
Op are you sure you look like your father?
Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 08, 2017
czarina:
Y'all telling him not to read meanings should take it easy jor.... Even if both parents have their favourites that is not a good reason for not having his son's phone number ...haba? Maka why na.... Ask ur mama, something is definitely 'meaty'!

Like suya meat

1 Like

Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
Op there's nothing wrong, I rarely call my dad and even if he calls me i rarely pick, I usually Relay messages to him through my mum, as for my mom she can disturb me with calls, she calls up to like 5 times a day and I had to learn to ignore her calls. I love my dad and he's my favorite but we don't usually have anything to discuss on phone
Re: My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! by crackhaus: 10:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Evaberry:
Op there's nothing wrong, I rarely call my dad and even if he calls me i rarely pick, I usually Relay messages to him through my mum, as for my mom she can disturb me with calls, she calls up to like 5 times a day and I had to learn to ignore her calls. I love my dad and he's my favorite but we don't usually have anything to discuss on phone
You don't have anything to discuss with someone you refer to as 'my favourite' eh..

(1) (Reply)

Ndjehed / / At Last! You Can Reverse Your Blood Type From Sc, Ss Or As To Aa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.