Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,307 members, 7,822,517 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS (12265 Views)

Ussd Code To Stop Auto Renewal Of Airtel Plan / "Nigeria Telecom Operators Will Now Pay N500,000 For Unsolicited Messages" - NCC / NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by ipain: 8:18am On Aug 08, 2017
AryaSand:

Have you noticed that those evil messages pop up more when you're expecting a Credit Alert?
"Send XYZ to ABC to win 7million naira"
i SWEAR my brother.... i swear down.
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Partnerbiz2: 8:21am On Aug 08, 2017
STUPUDTHEISTS:
Why kill yourself over stupid ineffectual DND when you can simply use a call/SMS blocker to bar those unwanted numbers. SMS blocker is a life saver. Coming from someone who's seen hell with service providers spams.
Which one are you using?
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by deefem81: 8:27am On Aug 08, 2017
buygala:
I heard the DND service also blocks the receipt of other bulk SMS services, including Bank alerts sad

Please those who have activated the service should help confirm or refute this please smiley

Modified

Having gotten some replies from two very nice nairalanders, it is my opinion that the disadvantages of using the DND service far outweigh its advantages sad

To whoever activates that DND, The Service providers be like
It blocks everything except text message from real numbers
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by dacovajnr: 8:27am On Aug 08, 2017
That shit doesn't work undecided
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by kokan: 8:30am On Aug 08, 2017
buygala:
I heard the DND service also blocks the receipt of other bulk SMS services, including Bank alerts sad

Please those who have activated the service should help confirm or refute this please smiley

Modified

Having gotten some replies from two very nice nairalanders, it is my opinion that the disadvantages of using the DND service far outweigh its advantages sad

You are so right.....The disadvantage can ruin someones live. Like employment notice send tru text.
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Smooyis(m): 8:35am On Aug 08, 2017
Nice one
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by talk2hb1(m): 8:43am On Aug 08, 2017
I will reply later, its too early to comment on Nairaland. I will love to speak on Consumers view, and from SMS Service providers view.
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by tjskii(f): 8:46am On Aug 08, 2017
What I do is activate the truecaller sms on my phone,so that i can block all annoying spam sms,i alsohide the SMS app that comes with my phone,so that all texts cone thru d truecaller SMS.

Yesterday I checked thru my blocked spam messages and realized I had received about 140 spam texts in the space of two weeks,smh,truecaller na baba as far as I'm concerned,I do the same to thos e annoying network provider calls

The beauty of this app is that you are the one who sets the numbers to be blocked,so there is no risk of job alerts,bank alerts, etc being affected
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by STUPUDTHEISTS: 8:51am On Aug 08, 2017
Partnerbiz2:

Which one are you using?

I've tried many on playstore but "calls blacklist" sporting a red shield logo trumps all.

Apart from the normal call and text blacklist, It has a feature for blocking by keywords. Just enter a particular tag and any SMS containing it won't be notified. Cheers
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by olahajayi(m): 8:59am On Aug 08, 2017
Youngzedd:
Never ACTIVATE this rubbish. If you enter, you're in for life. You cannot option out, even after sending ALLOW 100 times.

I have been fighting with MTN to remove this, even got NCC involve in the case, still not receiving messages sent via bulk SMS and other third party. MTN claims it has been deactivated but still not working.

When you will know what DND is will be when you want to do password reset on foreign website.

DND in Nigeria is pathetic and it should be scrap out.

Sincerely I have been in your shoes before, I mistakenly activate it and I missed so many interview messages. Anyway thank God that after 1 year I have finally deactivate it since the service provider(MTN) was unable to help. Each time I called them, I will be told no DND on my line. Anyway what you will need to do sir: Kindly send STOP to 2442 then after 24hours send ALLOW to 2442 again. It worked for me. Try your luck sir.

Peace

1 Like

Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by olahajayi(m): 9:03am On Aug 08, 2017
buygala:

Haa... So no Job interview, Owambe alerts and other important bulk SMS alerts from sources other then the service provider sad

Nigerians are really being toyed around with angry

Bros no try am o... I missed a lot of interview messages due to that DND.
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Youngzedd(m): 9:48am On Aug 08, 2017
olahajayi:

Sincerely I have been in your shoes before, I mistakenly activate it and I missed so many interview messages. Anyway thank God that after 1 year I have finally deactivate it since the service provider(MTN) was unable to help. Each time I called them, I will be told no DND on my line. Anyway what you will need to do sir: Kindly send STOP to 2442 then after 24hours send ALLOW to 2442 again. It worked for me. Try your luck sir.

Peace

I did this, it didn't work out.
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Coolgent(m): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2017
buygala:

Haa... So no Job interview, Owambe alerts and other important bulk SMS alerts from sources other then the service provider sad

Nigerians are really being toyed around with angry

Yes o
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by realsamibiz(m): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2017
buygala:

Modified

You're wrong, go and ask before you come and disgrace yourself here.

Your mobile operator are not responsible for bank messages.

To those who believed him

You're deceiving yourselves
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by FemiEddy(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2017
froz:
Those msgs can be annoying.
Especially when you are expecting credit alert
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Partnerbiz2: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2017
STUPUDTHEISTS:

I've tried many on playstore but "calls blacklist" sporting a red shield logo trumps all.

Apart from the normal call and text blacklist, It has a feature for blocking by keywords. Just enter a particular tag and any SMS containing it won't be notified. Cheers

Tnx
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by internetpo(m): 10:49am On Aug 08, 2017
DND in Nigeria still poses issues. Even genuine text messages sometimes get blocked.

I had it activated once n deactivating it has now become a problem. Repeated calls to the network provider (Mtn) hasn't helped too
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Gentlevin: 11:26am On Aug 08, 2017
I also need code to block silly and unwanted calls from Airtel. Each time stupid calls from 08127577220---224 and 070707 which is from Airtel keep disturbing...
Re: 6.5m Nigerians Activate DND Code To Stop Unsolicited SMS by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
STUPUDTHEISTS:
Why kill yourself over stupid ineffectual DND when you can simply use a call/SMS blocker to bar those unwanted numbers. SMS blocker is a life saver. Coming from someone who's seen hell with service providers spams.
it's for we that are using nokia torch and other java phones.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackberry IMEI Generator Android App Developed By Codeberg / Galaxy Note 2 Videos And Picture Gallery / Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.