Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know (12269 Views)

Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test / Android Vs Windows Phone Vs Ios - Home Screen / Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by White007(m): 10:42pm On Sep 08, 2011
You've no doubt heard the buzz around two of the biggest forces to be reckoned in the smartphone world, Android and the iPhone. And while it's true they're head-to-head competitors in many respects, the two mobile juggernauts might have more differences than similarities. Here, we'll break down what they have in common and where they differ so that you can sort it all out when choosing the right phone.

What's an operating system?

The core battle between Android and the iPhone is one between mobile operating systems. A mobile operating system (or "OS"wink runs on a phone and determines the organization of the entire experience you see on your screen, from the moment you press the power button. On a phone, the OS is your gateway to apps, the internet, email, and everything else. Both the Android OS and the iPhone OS were created to run on smartphones.

The iPhone: The one and only

When people say "iPhone" they might be referring to the actual phone or the OS the iPhone runs, called iOS. Unlike other smartphones, there's really just one flavor of iPhone. Apple's current iPhone is the 4th version to date and is referred to as the iPhone 4.

The many faces of Android

The term Android refers to both Google's mobile OS as well as any device running Android. This gets tricky too: some Verizon Android phones are branded as "Droids" but Android owners also occasionally refer to any Android device as a "Droid," regardless of carrier.

App wars

Apple has faced some criticism for its approach to the iPhone app store, as nothing can sneak its way into the store without first getting the green light from the company. In the past, this has sometimes resulted in Apple's stalling apps in the approval process or rejecting them altogether. Still, Apple boasts the biggest and arguably the best app store to date.

From the beginning of Android, Google emphasized the "openness" of its mobile OS, and the company does not implement any kind of app approval process, unlike its rival. App developers revel in Android's openness, because there are fewer barriers to getting their product into the hands of customers. Critics of Google's approach suggest that this system fails to filter out low-caliber apps, while Android evangelists believe that the laissez-faire approach will work itself out.

Either way, the app stores are quite comparable. The iPhone OS has been around for longer, so the iPhone's store naturally boasts many more apps than Android's relatively fewer offerings. But increasingly, new and popular apps are being developed in parallel for both platforms, and very few big hits remain exclusive to one store or the other.

Android advantages

While the iPhone is the true app pioneer, Android devices offer an additional kind of app experience that iPhone does not support, called "widgets." Think of widgets as mini-versions of apps, perfect for information you'd like to access frequently at a glance. Unlike an app, a widget can provide you useful updates like local weather, email previews, and Twitter feeds right on your home screen, so launching the app itself isn't necessary for quick updates. A widget is a one-click (or no-click) way to keep updated on the stuff you care about most, or to keep your most frequently used functions and features easily accessible.

Another unique advantage afforded by Android is its integration with Google. Gmail's ubiquity means that just about everyone can benefit from Android's superior native Gmail app. Beyond Gmail, Android's version of Google Maps offers some unique and extremely useful features like Google's Navigation, a GPS-driven, turn-by-turn directions app for the car that's a solid substitute for a stand-alone GPS system.

On the whole, Android is a more flexible OS. If there's something that bugs you about your phone or some setting you'd like to tweak, odds are an app on the Android market does just that — or even a simple setting on the phone itself may control what you need. Developers can even create apps that modify the look and feel of Android entirely.

Android drawbacks

A criticism frequently leveled at Android is the issue of "fragmentation." Android fragmentation refers to the existence of multiple versions of Android across many different phones. The current version of Android (nicknamed Froyo but more commonly referred to as Android 2.2) is the latest and greatest Android build, but many relatively new devices still run an older version of the OS.

Android device manufacturers usually offer their own interpretation of Android, meaning that a Motorola Android phone will look and function a little differently from a comparable Android phone made by HTC. These unique, manufacturer-specific takes on the Android OS are called "skins." While sometimes they are well regarded, like HTC's lauded skin Sense, it all boils down to matters of preference. Unfortunately, it's these skins that create the Android fragmentation problem, by making universal, across-the-board Android updates nearly impossible.

iPhone advantages

Apple remains firmly confident in its ability to craft the best possible experience for its customers, and as a result, the iPhone feels extremely polished. Renowned for its approach to design, Apple offers a sleek aesthetic and a cohesive, seamless experience on all of its devices, from the iPhone to laptop and desktop computers. This emphasis is very apparent on the iPhone, which is a breeze to use on top of being disarmingly attractive. It's no secret that the iPhone 4 is the best-looking phone on the market, and it's easy to see why.

The latest iPhone also debuted Apple's Retina display, making it the highest-resolution display on a phone to date. That means an extremely crisp display for web browsing, e-reading and multimedia. Another iPhone exclusive is Apple's FaceTime app, which facilitates seamless video chatting between iPhone 4 owners and Macs.

While these features are certainly perks, owning a phone that looks amazing and "just works" is likely the winning formula behind the iPhone's overwhelming success.

iPhone drawbacks

One prominent criticism of the iPhone revolves around Apple's refusal to support Flash, a web-based feature that some websites require to load. Also, until recently, the iPhone was unable to multitask, meaning that it was only possible to open one iPhone app at a time. The newest iPhone OS supports multitasking, but it still can't be used with all apps.

A very limiting aspect of the iPhone is its exclusive contract with AT&T. If you'd prefer to remain on a different mobile carrier or lack AT&T coverage in your area, you're out of luck. While a Verizon iPhone is in the works, AT&T and the iPhone go hand and hand for now. Beyond these criticisms, Apple's general attitude toward its products can prove a turn-off for some. The iPhone is less customizable because Apple purports to know exactly what will make your mobile experience the best it can be. Naturally, this paternalistic view on its customers can rub some would-be iPhone owners the wrong way, particularly when Google espouses the opposite attitude toward Android.

Which is right for me?

Ultimately, making the choice between Android and the iPhone comes down to personal taste. For those who value a high level of customization, an Android device is the way to go for an impressively flexible, though potentially less cohesive, experience. And for those seeking an undeniably smooth smartphone experience at the cost of flexibility, the iPhone will certainly not disappoint.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by tobeski(m): 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2012
the iphone is also greatly limited in terms of functionality. Beyond the nicely polished looks, great ui and all, there isn't much you can actually do with an iphone. Some of the common features absent on iphones but present on androids, or any other platform for that matter are
Bluetooth file transfer,
3g video calling(not facetime, which uses your data and is only iphone to iphone)
memory card
usb otg,
multitasking(this used to be the basis for differentiating a smartphone from others until even feature phones started having it)
hdmi,
file management,the only way you can access your files is through and photos app and music player
themes
java support
.zip folder support
flash,
multitasking,
much better cameras,
ability to save web pages(hard to believe right?),
fm radio, sum phones eg N8 even have fm transmitter i.e the phone becomes the radio station
no connectivity with pc, without itunes
suppport for divx and many other video and music formats

Also because of the freedom developers have when writing apps for android you get more brilliant apps with infinite possibilities.

The list is endless Apple is also notorious for their poor hardware with antenna issues over heating easily breakable screens etc
But if you're content with calling, messaging, photo/music playing and playing with endless apps then you're iphone
but if you want the full power of a smartphone with no limitations, full customisation and more value for your money then you're android
Choose your sides and let the smartphone wars wage on

3 Likes

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by clip: 10:59pm On Apr 21, 2012
Thanks for the information
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by lojik(m): 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2012
The latest android is now Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and not 2.2(froyo).

2 Likes

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by funshint(m): 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2012
Then guess i'll go for Nokia Lumia!

1 Like

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by KINGwax(m): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2012
tobeski: the iphone is also greatly limited in terms of functionality. Beyond the nicely polished looks, great ui and all, there isn't much you can actually do with an iphone. Some of the common features absent on iphones but present on androids, or any other platform for that matter are
Bluetooth file transfer,
3g video calling(not facetime, which uses your data and is only iphone to iphone)
memory card
usb otg,
multitasking(this used to be the basis for differentiating a smartphone from others until even feature phones started having it)
hdmi,
file management,the only way you can access your files is through and photos app and music player
themes
java support
.zip folder support
flash,
multitasking,
much better cameras,
fm radio, sum phones eg N8 even have fm transmitter i.e the phone becomes the radio station
no connectivity with pc, without itunes

Also because of the freedom developers have when writing apps for android you get more brilliant apps with infinite possibilities.

The list is endless Apple is also notorious for their poor hardware with antenna issues over heating easily breakable screens etc
But if you're content with calling, messaging, photo/music playing and playing with endless apps then you're iphone
but if you want the full power of a smartphone with no limitations, full customisation and more value for your money then you're android
+1mills
i've alwys detest the iPHONE
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by KINGwax(m): 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2012
Nokia N8. symbian^3. The latest and best symbian in the whole world!
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by ollyndjeda(m): 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2012
i've used an iphone but haven't used an android device but coming from a symbian and windows world i'll pick an android phone anyday anytime. the iphone doesn't cut it for me.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by agiboma(f): 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2012
i used iphone and will continue to do so, never tried Android and never will
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 21, 2012
iPhone all the way.. Anytime, anywhere
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Excelboi(m): 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2012
KINGwax: Nokia N8. symbian^3. The latest and best symbian in the whole world!
If you dnt know anything, just shut up... Nokia N9 is the latest...but overall, Nokia Lumia 900 is the current hot shiit...
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 1:51am On Apr 22, 2012
ofcourse am not leaving nokia e6 yet, iphone dosen't have the brightest screen in a phone, symbian does in nokia e6 and the nokia 701 http://mobile.nokia.mobi/movi/page/MEA/NG/en/E6-00/HIGHLIGHTS?_nfpb=true&_nfls=false or www.phonearena.com/news/Nokia-701-brightest-screen-puzzle-solved---1000-nits-come-to-the-rescue-of-sunlight-visibility_id21660. Iphone dosen't multitask so why call it a smartphone, itz not easily customizable, why would it still be seen as a smartphone. I hate Iphone cos of the scrutiny around the phone by the company infact in naija here itz a useless phone cos they don't have naija in their market plans. For the android, itz disorganizably built, noting is coherent just a very over free platform even for idiots 2 develop apps, how can u have all doz loads of apps and customization and still have no battery life to enjoy instead u start tweaking it by lowering display brightness, removing the vibration and all that, 2 me it makes no sense cos when i bout d phone, I want 2 enjoy doz features also. Not dat nokia is perfect infact nokia symbian will be dead by 2016 and as it stands I'll be moving to android but if android can emulate or adopt symbian methods in their OS management, they'll be second 2 none. bB looks like nokia torch 2 me

1 Like

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by SisiKill1: 5:07am On Apr 22, 2012
I don't need all that dogon turenchi to tell me The Android is waaay better than the iPhone. I honestly think the iphone is overrated, fortunately for Apple and unfortunately for the rest of us, The few iphone users are very vocal and they make it look like Apple has cornered the smartphone market.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 22, 2012
I have been using Android [XPeria] for some time now and I bet it is far far better than all versions of IPhone combined. I really love the way you can change the baseband, kernel, module and most importantly, remove one ROM and flash in the other ROM custom built... Whao... Just last week I just ordered another Android Tablet from China... You know wht it takes to get a real rugged machine built for android technology in China? Whao.... u can do almost anything with it mhen...

Android all the way
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 22, 2012
agiboma: i used iphone and will continue to do so, never tried Android and never will

Same here sist. . .All these androids are iphone-wannabes. tongue cheesy grin
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 22, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I don't need all that dogon turenchi to tell me The Android is waaay better than the iPhone. I honestly think the iphone is overrated, fortunately for Apple and unfortunately for the rest of us, The few iphone users are very vocal and they make it look like Apple has cornered the smartphone market.

Just pretend to forget about the iPhone itself and check out the app world available.from itunes,app store,cydia and if possible,jailbreak your device and enjoy thousands of unimaginable applications.There is nothing like Apple ! tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by omodapson(m): 7:16am On Apr 22, 2012
While the iPhone is the true app pioneer,
@op, could you explain further? How's apple phone the true app pioneer? That info is misleading.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by otumfour(m): 7:47am On Apr 22, 2012
Apple products are just what they are; elegance @ first sight, till date I look @ my iPhone 4, MacBook Pro and iMac and still have the same chills I got from the first day/time I powered them on and thts what Apple gives u really ; they are just DIFFERENT, guess its fair to say once u go Apple u can neva go back'dude. Gotta give it to Apple, they breath quality and elegance, though they can be stingy wit their specs and other obviouse areas, they make up for it by giving u tht fluid OS from IOS to MAC OS X grin.

And this is coming from an Android dude who's battled wit texazzpete (texazzpete is the apple rep on nairaland, mind u grin) wit me always defending android. . .
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 22, 2012
Once you use an iPhone ..... It's gonna be extremely difficult to contemplate on using any other phone. Honestly that is the simple truth. It's simply an amazing phone.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by vasa: 9:01am On Apr 22, 2012
@op you forget to tell us about security issuses in Android,
the truth is that new users of smartphones choose Android phones
to iphone but the fact still remains if is not iphone just forget it.
if you want to have full control of your iphone just jailbreak it.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by samfibby(m): 9:05am On Apr 22, 2012
If you are pushing 4 a career as a app developer and quite tech savvy, the andriod presents u with a platform to start. The fact that its open source makes android preferable. I personally dont like to b restricted by iphone os, can be very frustration.No doubt, the iphone comes atop in the appearance category, easily appreciated by company excos and ladies but 4 a technical person who wants the tech freedom, appearance could b sacrificed for diversity and custom. Personally, i prefer the android to the iphone.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 22, 2012
First, i think this is one of the most interesting topic i have seen, now i will say what i think, and i wish i could speak to this person, we talk about i-phone and andriods like we know how to make use of it, according to what (tobeski), he wrote some awful things about the i-phone which i am sure he didn't do his research properly...Blue tooth transfer...that i agree, but what was the aim of the i-phone, they have one of the best advisors in the world, and they all sat to make such agreement not to do transfers, have you ever tried to get a song into your iphone, listen to the sound system, and see the difference, blue tooth transfer can't be done because you have to see the tech versions of such phone first, i think it was a lovely idea, and what is everyone's aim, making cash, right, so they have made their cash..Now we talk of 3g video calling, what should i use a 3g video calling when i have face-time, memory card...when you have no virus entering such phone, it is virus free, and i have 16GB so what memory card do i need? An Hard-drive in my phone? HDMI..LOL,,very funny, go check the new iphone 4. and 4s, now there are things you talked about that the andriod has, like the apps, and yes, they might be free with the andriod, but then, go to the app store and see what they all have, now if there is going to be a competition amongst them all, and one is selling and the other is giving out, the question is, someone made this apps, and they need to get paid, and what makes you think the iphone has no fm transmitter..this guy is really funny, how then do you make calls if there is no transmitter in such phone....i have a nigeria radio station on my phone that works with the internet, and so one has to pay for such application before it can work, they know how to make money mr man.. And one more thing you don't know mr man...that iphone can be used as a router...connect 72 laptops and browse at the same pace, there are a lot of things you and i don't know about such, and we will keep finding it, the award for the best phone goes to iphone 4s, so detest it if you want, it is one of the best phone invention we ever have in this world.

2 Likes

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Rachelwang(f): 9:11am On Apr 22, 2012
good
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Leopantro: 9:16am On Apr 22, 2012
I got my ipad 3 two days ago and I nearly slammed it against the wall in frustration. I downloaded an app,used it for a while then all my apps stopped working. only the custom apps worked, the other downloaded apps refused to open. I did a reset, a restore , nothing worked. even safari stopped browsing but will open. after four hours with no result I had to use my android tablet to search for another one hour until I came across a website that said I should install another free app from the store.I did and everything started working. they said the problem would re-occur. I have never had any issue with my android tablet and in two days I'm having issues with my new ipad
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by abubaka101: 9:16am On Apr 22, 2012
@op you excluded some very interesting facts. Like:
1). Apple Inc., products don't allow file sharing. Which means no bluetooth and that Apple users can't send or receive files from their fellow Apple users or friends.
2). All applications on an Iphone are bought (except some which may be for free) from the Apple app store.
3). Apple likes to keep tabs on its users. I read an article which said, if an Apple user should download or install a software other than Apple's, the phone will develop many problems.
4). Their products are too expensive. Thats why only a few people can own an Apple Macbook in Nigeria!
5). You must be rich to use an Iphone in Nigeria. You must pay before downloading anything.
My conclusion I don't see the hype about this phone.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Leopantro: 9:27am On Apr 22, 2012
by the way, that was a nice write up on the two OS,good for someone who is not sure which to get. if you are an app developer and want to make money form your apps,the IOS is for you. I believe the IOS system is the perfect ibo mans dream ; sell something to someone and the person still pays for the thing for the rest of his life. it all depends on what you like
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by abubaka101: 9:31am On Apr 22, 2012
samfibby: If you are pushing 4 a career as a app developer and quite tech savvy, the andriod presents u with a platform to start. The fact that its open source makes android preferable. I personally dont like to b restricted by iphone os, can be very frustration.No doubt, the iphone comes atop in the appearance category, easily appreciated by company excos and ladies but 4 a technical person who wants the tech freedom, appearance could b sacrificed for diversity and custom. Personally, i prefer the android to the iphone.
I agree with u. Using a phone is not all about the design (and if it is, then they should go and buy a Techno phone). Most people who use phones nowadays, only use them just to check FACEBOOK, TWITTER, etc. But the truth is, your phone has to be something that suits your personality, technical-know how, and it depends on what you want to use that phone to do. For developers, smart people and internet guys... They knw better.
But as for Company exco's and ladies (rich ladies)... What do they know, they are rich. They only use their phones for Facebook, Emails, calls/msgs and posing, so people will knw that they are using an expensive phone.
But for the young/developing/ middle-income earners, an Iphone is not yet for you. It will chop your money!
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by baslone: 9:38am On Apr 22, 2012
otumfour: Apple products are just what they are; elegance @ first sight, till date I look @ my iPhone 4, MacBook Pro and iMac and still have the same chills I got from the first day/time I powered them on and thts what Apple gives u really ; they are just DIFFERENT, guess its fair to say [b]once u go Apple u can neva go back'dude. [/b]Gotta give it to Apple, they breath quality and elegance, though they can be stingy wit their specs and other obviouse areas, they make up for it by giving u tht fluid OS from IOS to MAC OS X grin.

And this is coming from an Android dude who's battled wit texazzpete (texazzpete is the apple rep on nairaland, mind u grin) wit me always defending android. . .

GBAM!!!!! No story!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by samfibby(m): 9:48am On Apr 22, 2012
I am opprtuned to visit tech support sites for networking equipments and u will be surprised at the number of apps they are developing based on the android os. For folks that are familiar with mikrotik, ubiquiti, vsat installers the android app market is as vibrant as the alaba market cheesy, same cannot b said of apple iphone as it takes forever for apple to approve your app b4 making it available offcourser on their appstore angry. Please, look b4 u leap
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by texazzpete(m): 9:57am On Apr 22, 2012
tobeski: iphones but present on androids, or any other platform for that matter are
Bluetooth file transfer,

Dude, this is 2012. I cannot remember when last I ever thought about doing a file transfer via bluetooth. If you don't have a data plan to enable you send your files by email, why are you using a smartphone?

tobeski:

Apart from Facetime, Skype and Tango are just TWO of the tens of video calling apps on iOS that are FREE.
I'm curious about your educational history...you say there's no '3G video calling' and yet complain that Facetime uses your data. What do you understand by '3G'?

tobeski:
memory card
usb otg,

You can spec out your iPhone up to 64GB in size. And not all Android phones have MicroSD slots. The two current best Android phones (Galaxy Nexus and HTC One X) do not have memory card slots. neither of those two even have any models with above 32gb internal storage!

The iPhone has had multitasking since iOS 4. Why are you so uninformed?

tobeski:
java support
.zip folder support
flash,

Java? This is 2012 o! Why are you still living in the stone age? Who uses java apps anyway?
.zip folder support is an EXTREMELY niche item. I struggle to see the relevance here
Flash is dying a slow, painful death and often leads to reduced battery life. The absence of flash was a bigger concern years ago but now most web devs are fleeing from Flash and most videos streaming services are moving to HTML5.

tobeski:
much better cameras,

The iPhone 4S has a top tier camera, easily one of the best out there. Were you inebriated when you wrote this 'better camera' crap?
I have been using smartphones since 2004 from Nokia Series 60 to Windows Mobile to iOS and some dabbling with Android. Never have I wanted to save a webpage. if you had said 'save music' or stuff like that I may have conceded a point to you.
FM radio is no big loss. A huge swathe of the Android portfolio do not have FM radios built in. Why exactly are you babbling about the Nokia N8 which runs Symbian?

tobeski:

Perhaps the only sensible point so far

tobeski:

I think even the most rabid Android fanboy will admit that the apps on iOS are generally of visible higher quality than those on android. Can you name just ONE of those 'brilliant apps with INFINITE possibilities'?

tobeski:

Apple is famous for the excellent build quality of their Phones. The glass screens on the iPhone 4 and 4S are breakable but not 'easily breakable'. And they are a good sight better quality than the cheap, plasticky builds of many of the 'high-end' Android devices. The current iPhone 4S has NO antenna issues, no issues with overheating and is one of the most beautiful phones out there, from an industrial design standpoint.

In conclusion, I have to say you know little of what you talk about. Stick to Android if you will but stop this ignorant misinformation you're spewing. Some of your points like 'no Java support' are downright laughable grin

1 Like

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by texazzpete(m): 10:04am On Apr 22, 2012
samfibby: If you are pushing 4 a career as a app developer and quite tech savvy, the andriod presents u with a platform to start. The fact that its open source makes android preferable. I personally dont like to b restricted by iphone os, can be very frustration.No doubt, the iphone comes atop in the appearance category, easily appreciated by company excos and ladies but 4 a technical person who wants the tech freedom, appearance could b sacrificed for diversity and custom. Personally, i prefer the android to the iphone.

Exactly why many programmers remain poor in this life cheesy

FACT: Applications on the iPhone AppStore make MUCH MUCH more money than apps on the Google Play market.

Apple provides loads of APIs and frameworks to allow you churn out your high quality apps with little restrictions (as long as you aren't doing something illegal) and review your apps to ensure unforseen and unpleasant results do not happen. For a Developer the critical thing should be the market size (number of prospective customers) and potential reward. Asking a dev to focus on Android because it is 'open' is just plain funny grin

Every Dev knows that of all the > 15 million iPad 3 sold so far, not one is running pirated software. Every dev should know that 10 minutes after purchasing the new HTC One X, people were already copying over their pirate apk app libraries to their phones.

As i said earlier, there's a reason why many programmers remain dirt poor grin
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by ayodinho91: 10:23am On Apr 22, 2012
To me, i prefer android to iphone! Sincerly, apple products are just too expensive and exploiting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Ways To Secure Your Phone From Hackers / Nairalanders, Lets Follow each other On Instagram!! / What Is Mtn Upgrading To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.