Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified (1339 Views)

How Jesus Christ Was Created / : 1,500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified & More Shocking / Reasons Why Jesus Christ Was Crucified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by exlinklodge: 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2017
Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified - Must Read

A 1500 year old bible according to Media Hoarders, has been seized from a gang of smugglers in a Mediterranean-area operation in which it is revealed that Jesus Christ was never crucified on the cross as commonly believed.

According to this ancient version of the Bible, Jesus ascended to heaven alive, and Judas Iscariot was crucified in his place.

The book was discovered in the year 2000 but kept a secret until now. It contains the Gospel of Barnabas – a disciple of Christ and states that Jesus was not only spared his life, but was also just a prophet rather than the son of God.

Anonymousmags.com reports:

According to reports, experts and religious authorities in Tehram insist that the book is original. The book itself is written with gold lettering, onto loosely-tied leather in Aramaic, the language of Jesus Christ.The text maintains a vision similar to Islam, contradicting the New Testament’s teachings of Christianity. Jesus also foresees the coming of the Prophet Muhammad, who would found Islam 700 years later.

It is believed that, during the Council of Nicea, the Catholic Church hand-picked the gospels that form the Bible as we know it today; omitting the Gospel of Barnabas (among many others) in favor of the four canonical gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Many biblical texts have begun to surface over time, including those of the Dead Sea and Gnostic Gospels; but this book especially, seems to worry the Vatican.

The Catholic Church wants in

What does this mean to Christian-derived religions and their followers? Quite a tight spot. The Vatican has asked Turkish authorities to let them examine the contents of the book within the Church. Now that the book has been found, will they come to accept the it and its evidence? Will they deny it altogether? Call it a “Muslim lie”, as did the “Truth” Magazine, in 2000?

To many, this book is a beacon of hope, that believers soon realize that the object of their adoration is arbitrary; and that all text, especially religious text, is subject to interpretation.

What does this mean to atheists/agnostics/secular thinkers? Is the text real? Fake? Does it matter? Hopefully, this news inspires the religious to ask questions, instead of pointing fingers or believing anything blindly.

Please, don’t go poking fun or tossing around the “I told you so!”s. The biggest danger of faith is when people believe what they want to believe, defending against any and all evidence; especially when that evidence revolutionizes their foundation from the ground up. And the biggest culprit to that danger is the ego trap: rejecting/criticizing others, for being unlike you.

For centuries, the “defense” of blind faith has driven nations to war, violence, discrimination, slavery and to become the society of automatons that we are today; and for just as long, it has been justified with lies. If you know better, act like it

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/08/shocking-1500-year-old-bible-says-that.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by LifeIsGuhd(f): 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2017
Jesus! smiley
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by hajlat2(m): 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2017
Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set ye free.

1 Like

Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2017
it's an old hoax

since 2012

Much has been written in the past few days, particularly in Muslim newspapers, on the discovery of a bible in Turkey, a bible that was apparently written in Aramaic – the language Jesus spoke – approximately 1,500 years ago. The bible is written on leather pages in gold letters. The cover has inscriptions in Aramaic and a cross, drawn in a rather rudimentary way. What has attracted the most attention – from the media point of view – is a number of statements made by Jesus where he apparently predicts the coming of Muhammad. Nevertheless, up to now no media organisation has published the exact words attributed to Christ.
But alas, this extraordinary discovery is probably a hoax, the work of a forger who, according to some, could have been a European Jewish scholar from the Middle Ages. The most factual criticisms have come from the Syriacs. Indeed, anyone who speaks modern Assyrian (also known as neo-Aramaic) will find the inscription on the so-called ‘Gospel of Barnabas’ easy to read. However errors are just as easy to make out. Apparently, the main inscription, in a modern transliteration, reads: ‘b-shimmit maran paish kteewa aha ktawa al idateh d-rabbaneh d-dera illaya b-ninweh b'sheeta d-alpa w-khamshamma d-maran’. This apparently means: ‘In the name of the Lord, this book is written by monks of the high monastery in Nineveh in the 1500th year of our Lord.’ There is not enough space here to go through the grammatical and conceptual errors in detail, but experts in modern Assyrian assure us that they are obvious and quite significant. Apart from anything else, the inscription says ‘book’, but one never refers to a bible in Assyrian with the word ‘book’. The Bible is either referred to as New or Old Testament, or Holy Book. It is quite unlikely that monks could have made such obvious mistakes.
However these are not the only issues in a case that raises interesting points – both at the time of its creation and now – only when considered in the light of a rather hostile attitude towards Christians. Today, a fair number of newspapers and media organisations in Muslim Countries have picked up the news, saying that ‘an ancient, 1500-year-old bible predicted the coming of Muhammad.’ Apart from the obvious age confusion between the 1500 years attributed by the media and the date of 1500 AD written in the book’s main inscription, it is clear that predicting in 1500 AD something that occurred in 630 AD is no great prophecy. So we have to ask ourselves why the Islamic media is so ready to approve what seems to be a glaring mistake whatever way you look at it, a mistake which however appeals to followers of Islam, who have always claimed that Jesus, ‘Issa’, was the predecessor of ‘the Seal of the Prophets’.
According to reports in Al Bawaba, the Turkish Minister of Culture and Tourism, Ertugrul Gunay, stated that ‘in line with Islamic belief, the Gospel of Barnabas treats Jesus as a human being and not as God. It rejects the idea of the Holy Trinity and the Crucifixion and reveals that Jesus predicted the coming of the Prophet Muhammad.’
However, even from an Islamic point of view, the ‘Gospel of Barnabas’ is far from flawless. For example, it says that there are nine heavens and that the tenth is Paradise, while the Qur’an only mentions seven. The Aramaic text states that Mary gave birth to Jesus without experiencing pain while the Qur’an explicitly refers to the pain of childbirth. Moreover, according to these reports, the apocryphal text says that Jesus apparently told Hebrew clerics that he was not the Messiah and that Muhammad would be the Messiah. This, in fact, would seem to reject the existence of a Messiah and makes it so that Jesus and Muhammad appear as the same person.
That is without even taking into account the historical details. The text mentions three armies the Palestine of the time, each of which was made up of 200,000 soldiers. However the entire population of Palestine 2,000 years ago probably didn’t come to more than 200,000 people, according to some scholars. In short, all of this leads us to believe that we are dealing with a wonderful fake. But when was it written? There is a clue and it is found in chapter 217. The last sentence states that 100 pounds of stone were placed on the body of Christ and this would lead us to believe that the gospel was penned recently: the first use of the pound as a unit of weight dates to the Ottoman Empire in its dealings with Italy and Spain. According to some scholars, ‘the gospel attributed to Saint Barnabas was written by a European Jew in the Middle Ages who was fairly familiar with the Qur’an and the Gospels. He mixed facts and elements from both but his intentions are still unknown.’ Unfortunately, despite the fact that doubts and questions concerning the gospel were well-known, many Islamic media organisations have reported the gospel’s statements on Jesus’ predictions regarding Muhammad as if they were fact, something which will certainly cause problems at a ground-roots level, in terms of relations between Christian and Muslim communities, especially if the latter do not have a high level of education.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by GodsMopol: 11:09am On Aug 08, 2017
I smell Islam.

By the way, anyone could have written something just like Otem is doing today for his witch master
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by OtemAtum: 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
GodsMopol:
I smell Islam.

By the way, anyone could have written something just like Otem is doing today for his witch master
Lol. Which one is witch master again? undecided undecided
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by GodsMopol: 8:47pm On Aug 09, 2017
OtemAtum:
Lol. Which one is witch master again? undecided undecided

Someone once said some voices gives him things to write down and I consider it 'Wizardry'
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by OtemAtum: 11:29pm On Aug 09, 2017
GodsMopol:

Someone once said some voices gives him things to write down and I consider it 'Wizardry'

Some voices? You mean like a still small voice speaking to Elijah?
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by GodsMopol: 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2017
OtemAtum:

Some voices? You mean like a still small voice speaking to Elijah?

God spoke to Elijah. As regarding one OtemAtum from planet Jupiter, I don't know which voices are speaking to him. Evidently, the poor boy practice Wizardry, all the best to you
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by OtemAtum: 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
GodsMopol:

God spoke to Elijah. As regarding one OtemAtum from planet Jupiter, I don't know which voices are speaking to him. Evidently, the poor boy practice Wizardry, all the best to you

Kikiki cheesy grin were you there when God Almighty the creator of Yahweh spoke to Elijah? As a matter of fact, Job alone was the only person who have come close to hearing the HOMO aspect of God Almighty speak audibly. Here is a Doctufos passage.

DOCTUFOS: First Job 2:1-10

Chapter Two

1. Now Job saw, while he was in a strong meditation, that all the sons of God flew to the anystenx.
2. And when they got there, they bowed down before an unseen one. Then a voice sounded like whirlwind, saying, Jehovah, why are you here? Did you not send a report that you have disowned me as your father? And I have sent to him to give you a change of name, which is the adversary(Shey-et-an) .
3. Jehovah replied, I am here to ask of you why you should interfere in the affair of the homos which we created. They are not your creations, but ours.
4. Now is Job not an offspring of mine? For he is the grandson of Cherubim and Seraphim my children whose souls I have now trapped until the completion of my paradise in the cloud.
5. Now why do you hide Job from the face of my signals, the signals of Death and Hell?
6. Is it not already a long time ago, yet Job is not yet found? But all his sons are seen of my spirit, because they do eat of my sacrifice and connected their minds to me, through which I monitor their souls, but they are not useful to me.
7. Now the unseen one remained silent such that Jehovah began to feel ashamed of himself.[/b]
8. Now, before Job returned from his altered state of consciousness to prevent evil, all his children had died already.
9. However, Job refused to serve Jehovah, who is the adversary (Shey-et-an) , according to the revelation he saw.
10. And Job entered an altered state of consciousness when he was of age (yet looking like a youth), and his soul did not return to earth again, but remained wandering in the valley of the shadow of death, waiting for the advent of the next world.

The unseen one is God Almighty who happen to be the father of Yahweh, Allah, Atum, Vishnu, Jupitus and co. So it was Job who got close to hearing an audible voice from the SOURCE OF ENERGY(God Almighty). Elijah only heard from Yahweh and not from God Almighty. I hope you now understand clearly. cool
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by GodsMopol: 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2017
OtemAtum:

Kikiki cheesy grin were you there when God Almighty the creator of Yahweh spoke to Elijah? As a matter of fact, Job alone was the only person who have come close to hearing the HOMO aspect of God Almighty speak audibly. Here is a Doctufos passage.

The unseen one is God Almighty who happen to be the father of Yahweh, Allah, Atum, Vishnu, Jupitus and co. So it was Job who got close to hearing an audible voice from the SOURCE OF ENERGY(God Almighty). Elijah only heard from Yahweh and not from God Almighty. I hope you now understand clearly. cool

I really want to understand, but first help me understand if this Doctufis is real. I mean how did this illusion of yours pop out from
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by OtemAtum: 10:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
GodsMopol:

I really want to understand, but first help me understand if this Doctufis is real. I mean how did this illusion of yours pop out from

It seems to you as illusion but it is actually the compilation of all the true histories of the world from the beginning of the earth billions of years ago till our present moment and even till the future times. Or do you think all we need to know is in the book of the middle east people? Have you found Nigeria or Ghana in the bible or quran? If no, then it means the bible didn't cover the history of the earth, unlike the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH which covers it.

Once again I am just the one sent by Atum and our ancestors to make the truth of the Universe known and no god(yahweh, Allah, Moloch, mazda) can stop this truth from being revealed.
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by GodsMopol: 7:46am On Aug 11, 2017
OtemAtum:

It seems to you as illusion but it is actually the compilation of all the true histories of the world from the beginning of the earth billions of years ago till our present moment and even till the future times. Or do you think all we need to know is in the book of the middle east people? Have you found Nigeria or Ghana in the bible or quran? If no, then it means the bible didn't cover the history of the earth, unlike the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH which covers it.

Once again I am just the one sent by Atum and our ancestors to make the truth of the Universe and no god(yahweh, Allah, Moloch, mazda) can stop truth truth from being revealed.

Am better off with the Bible, no book sir can contain as much as you suppose. The Bible might not contain so much, but it has met all and provided for all my spiritual desires and am growing. The Bible could have been a very big book, but we must understand that the Bible is to cater for our spiritual wellbeing and when our spiritual life is settled, other things would fall in place. Basically non-spiritual and unedifying portions are left out. There was a supposed removal of canonical books from the Bible, on the ground that they were just wisdom of men(merely appeal to the sense) and they might not provide any spiritual growth whatsoever.

Moreso, Jesus promised me through and in John 16:12, that He would never leave me and would still speak to me by the enablement of the Holy Spirit. You spoke as one who knows what he's doing, but the Bible warns against spirit claiming they are Christ i.e. the real deal.
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by OtemAtum: 8:47am On Aug 11, 2017
GodsMopol:

Am better off with the Bible, no book sir can contain as much as you suppose. The Bible might not contain so much, but it has met all and provided for all my spiritual desires and am growing. The Bible could have been a very big book, but we must understand that the Bible is to cater for our spiritual wellbeing and when our spiritual life is settled, other things would fall in place. Basically non-spiritual and unedifying portions are left out. There was a supposed removal of canonical books from the Bible, on the ground that they were just wisdom of men(merely appeal to the sense) and they might not provide any spiritual growth whatsoever.

Moreso, Jesus promised me through and in John 16:12, that He would never leave me and would still speak to me by the enablement of the Holy Spirit. You spoke as one who knows what he's doing, but the Bible warns against spirit claiming they are Christ i.e. the real deal.

Then stick to your fictitious jesus rather than calling Atum my god a witch master when it isn't in your Bible that he is so. I'll stick to the truth of the Universe also, no qualm. Do yours and I do mine, God no dey vex. wink
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by luvmijeje(f): 9:13am On Aug 11, 2017
The Bible came out 1500 years late.
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by GodsMopol: 10:09am On Aug 11, 2017
OtemAtum:

Then stick to your fictitious jesus rather than calling Atum my god a witch master when it isn't in your Bible that he is so. I'll stick to the truth of the Universe also, no qualm. Do yours and I do mine, God no dey vex. wink

I apologies for calling your god a witchmaster.

But I would put it to you that this acclaimed fictional Jesus is more powerful than atum.
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by GodsMopol: 10:27am On Aug 11, 2017
exlinklodge:
Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified - Must Read

This supposed book was written by someone who took this verses of the Bible too serious. Matt 28:11-15. People would always run their mouth you know. Thank God you know so much about how human could be especially when it comes to their subjective view.
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by OtemAtum: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
GodsMopol:

I apologies for calling your god a witchmaster.

But I would put it to you that this acclaimed fictional Jesus is more powerful than atum.

LOL. Fictitious Jesus cannot do more than what is written about it in the bible. Outside the bible, human beings have to hep it stage miracles. Atum my god have done great things in the past and he has returned to help Africa wake up from gullibility. And without Atum, nothing can be achieved because he was the secret behind Atom. Atum was the god of ancient civilization of the Egyptians. He went away to make findings of the works of God Almighty and he is back to destroy religion and help the world redirect their focus into future-world science and technology.

Atum should not even be compared with a fictitious hero of Eusebius in any standard.
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by GodsMopol: 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
OtemAtum:

LOL. Fictitious Jesus cannot do more than what is written about it in the bible. Outside the bible, human beings have to hep it stage miracles. Atum my god have done great things in the past and he has returned to help Africa wake up from gullibility. And without Atum, nothing can be achieved because he was the secret behind Atom. Atum was the god of ancient civilization of the Egyptians. He went away to make findings of the works of God Almighty and he is back to destroy religion and help the world redirect their focus into future-world science and technology

Atum should not even be compared with a fictitious hero of Eusebius in any standard.

Loooooooool, who was Atum before he went on his quest?

How sure are you that Atum eventually came across the supposed almighty. As a matter of fact, you might just be reading a fictitious book because Egypt is known for its sorcery and magical powers.

Do you know Mohammed was also seeking for the true God and Islam showed up. Evidently,mohammed from your perspective did not see the almighty he sought for.

Evidently, I can also say from the Islam perspective that Atum's otem could be fictitious as compared to Mohammed's allah

1 Like

Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by Richirich713: 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
Sounds like fake news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by OtemAtum: 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2017
GodsMopol:

Loooooooool, who is this Atum from Egypt. Where was Atum in the days the children of Israel were in Egypt.

How sure are you that Atum eventually came across the supposed almighty. As a matter of fact, you might just be reading a fictitious book because Egypt is known for its sorcery and magical powers.

The homo sapiens children of Israel were never in Egypt as written in the book of lies called bible. It is all a lie. Egypt known for sorcery? Lol. Egypt is known for ancient civilization and not sorcery, please get your facts right.
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by GodsMopol: 1:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
OtemAtum:

The homo sapiens children of Israel were never in Egypt as written in the book of lies called bible. It is all a lie. Egypt known for sorcery? Lol. Egypt is known for ancient civilization and not sorcery, please get your facts right.

Loooooooool, okay, but Atum should be homosapien at least. Well, point out a lie in the Bible and you might be surprised though.Loooooooool

Egypt had ancient civilization, no one is disputing that, but Egypt is also known for its sorcery. I reedited my former comment. Thanks
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by orisa37: 2:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
God is The Author and Finisher of all Righteousness and Wizardry!!!
Re: Shocking - 1500 Year Old Bible Says That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2017
exlinklodge:

A 1500 year old bible according to Media Hoarders, has been seized from a gang of smugglers in a Mediterranean-area operation in which it is revealed that Jesus Christ was never crucified on the cross as commonly believed.

According to this ancient version of the Bible, Jesus ascended to heaven alive, and Judas Iscariot was crucified in his place.

The book was discovered in the year 2000 but kept a secret until now. It contains the Gospel of Barnabas – a disciple of Christ and states that Jesus was not only spared his life, but was also just a prophet rather than the son of God.

Anonymousmags.com reports:

According to reports, experts and religious authorities in Tehram insist that the book is original. The book itself is written with gold lettering, onto loosely-tied leather in Aramaic, the language of Jesus Christ.The text maintains a vision similar to Islam, contradicting the New Testament’s teachings of Christianity. Jesus also foresees the coming of the Prophet Muhammad, who would found Islam 700 years later.

It is believed that, during the Council of Nicea, the Catholic Church hand-picked the gospels that form the Bible as we know it today; omitting the Gospel of Barnabas (among many others) in favor of the four canonical gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Many biblical texts have begun to surface over time, including those of the Dead Sea and Gnostic Gospels; but this book especially, seems to worry the Vatican.

The Catholic Church wants in

What does this mean to Christian-derived religions and their followers? Quite a tight spot. The Vatican has asked Turkish authorities to let them examine the contents of the book within the Church. Now that the book has been found, will they come to accept the it and its evidence? Will they deny it altogether? Call it a “Muslim lie”, as did the “Truth” Magazine, in 2000?

To many, this book is a beacon of hope, that believers soon realize that the object of their adoration is arbitrary; and that all text, especially religious text, is subject to interpretation.

What does this mean to atheists/agnostics/secular thinkers? Is the text real? Fake? Does it matter? Hopefully, this news inspires the religious to ask questions, instead of pointing fingers or believing anything blindly.

Please, don’t go poking fun or tossing around the “I told you so!”s. The biggest danger of faith is when people believe what they want to believe, defending against any and all evidence; especially when that evidence revolutionizes their foundation from the ground up. And the biggest culprit to that danger is the ego trap: rejecting/criticizing others, for being unlike you.

For centuries, the “defense” of blind faith has driven nations to war, violence, discrimination, slavery and to become the society of automatons that we are today; and for just as long, it has been justified with lies. If you know better, act like it

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/08/shocking-1500-year-old-bible-says-that.html

cc lalasticlala

Muslims are mostly responsible for the "discovery" of these (fake) ancient bibles

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Why We Bury Him.... His Death Opened My Eyes / Noah's Arks Story Is Illogical / What Book Of The Bible You Love Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.