Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Lauretta Onochie: It Is Disrespectful To Ask About Buhari's Health Status - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lauretta Onochie: It Is Disrespectful To Ask About Buhari's Health Status (20065 Views)

Peter Obi: Lauretta Onochie Mocks PDP Over Atiku’s Running Mate / "I Wept Because Of Buhari's Health" - Bisi Akande / Fresh Anxiety In Aso Rock Over Buhari’s Health - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lauretta Onochie: It Is Disrespectful To Ask About Buhari's Health Status by toolovely(m): 10:07am On Aug 08, 2017
ebubefavou:
President Buhari's media aide, Lauretta Onochie, while on interviewed on Channels TV this evening said it's not right for Nigerians to ask about the health status of the sick Nigerian President, who has been on medical vacation for over two months. 

According to her, President Buhari is a private citizen and it is disrespectful for anyone to ask about his health. Here's what she said;

"For the life of me, I have no idea why anybody should disrespect another by asking for the details of their health status. As we speak, we have an acting president. As we speak, President Buhari seems to be like a private citizen at the moment. We have no right and it is very disrespectful for anyone to ask for his health status. In the UK where I came from nobody would release anybody's health record to another, not even the members of their family unless the person decides to approve. 

The prerogative to speak on his ailment lies only on President Buhari. If he chooses, it is a choice. It is very disrespectful and very intrusive. We are intruding into his private rights. He has rights too as a citizen of Nigeria. It is not right, not appropriate. ANybody can get sick at any particular time".

http://www.lailasblog.com/pres-buhari-private-citizen-disrepectful-anyone-ask-health-status-presidential-aide-lauretta-onochie/

Lalasticlala

and it is not disrespectful to be spending tax payers money on treating buhari?

Continue....one thing is sure....we will all stand to give account of our lives

Re: Lauretta Onochie: It Is Disrespectful To Ask About Buhari's Health Status by ModusOperandi(f): 11:22am On Aug 08, 2017
So buhari, "a private citizen at the moment", is using taxpayers' money to fund his medical treatment in the U.K. and we're not allowed to ask questions. where did they bring this stupíd old rétard from sef, who did she screw to get this job.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: It Is Disrespectful To Ask About Buhari's Health Status by btoks: 12:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
IsThisNickTaken:
I'm still trying to understand something tho...

No insults, just an explanation needed...a sensible one at that
An MD of a company...takes a sick leave and goes on medical treatment and hands over to whoever is next in charge. In his absence, is d company suppose to run to d ground or keep functioning??
In case there is an ongoing crisis in the company, who takes charge?? The MD who is on sick leave or d Assistant??

Nigerians and Misplaced Priorities...

Anyways correct me if I'm wrong...I will gladly like to see this from another angle...thank you
If that company is a reputable one, it'll have a sick leave policy for all employees including the MD. No policy will allow an unlimited sick leave with no consequences e.g. financial or even redundancy/ sacking . As the role of the MD is very crucial in terms of driving company Vision, if the company is serious about it's future profits it'll ensure there is clear direction at the top without distractions.
Usually, if the MD has the company success in mind and is unable to function over a long period he/she will resign their position to ensure the company can move on. All this regardless of a deputy acting on their behalf.

Le finit.

Re: Lauretta Onochie: It Is Disrespectful To Ask About Buhari's Health Status by enemyofprogress: 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2017
mormonslayer:

I know, but na persin mama you dey call babe lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
OK sowie. This mama dey craze o

Governor Udom Emmanuel At The NYSC Orientation Course Closing Ceremony In Uyo / Moghalu: FG Can’t Protect Lives Of Its Citizens But Tries To Suppress #EndSARS / "Before Garba Shehu Misleads Nigerians On The N3.87B State House Clinic Budget"