Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Is My Love A Crime - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Love A Crime (320 Views)

My Love Story With My School Mum … (18+) / (Ladies): A Girl Can Never Truly Love A Guy Until He's Chopped Her Kpekus. Why? / Do We Still Have Ladies That Can Love A Broke Man Like This? - See Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is My Love A Crime by Sokere8: 10:36pm On Aug 07, 2017
Love is an unexplainable intense feeling that arouses in an individual. It could make a person’s sense of judgement to differ from what the society considers acceptable. One of the “barriers” that love has had to face over time is the issue of age difference. In today’s discussion, we would be reviewing the perspective of some individuals regarding to the acceptable age difference between couples. What age difference is too much and shouldn’t be overlooked? What age difference is okay? And what age difference can be managed?

In the olden days, most men married very young girls. It was more like a tradition and the reason was that they needed someone younger to take care of them in their old age. While the woman would be taken care by her children in her old age. This actually resulted to many young girls becoming widows even from a tender age. As time went on, civilization came and women started going to school. This actually reduced the rate of early marriage.

Gradually a new trend came in. It was marriage between people of same age or little age difference. The society accepted this and it has been the core basis for judgement. In recent times, marriages between older women and younger boys took over. So far, many questions have been raised regarding to the acceptability of such marriages. Although some people termed it to be a marriage based on money not love. But how sure are they about the foundation of such marriages?

Let’s look at the reviews of some individuals regarding to love and age.

“I am 16 years old and I am in love with a 48 years old man. My family had put a ban on my contact with him.” Jennie

“I went out with a 21- year old boy for six months. I am 38. At first my parents didn't approve but little by little they realized that I had a lot in common with him” Phoebe

“I am 45 years old and I am in love with a 14 years old. The love existing between us is real and reciprocal” Collins

“I am 35, he's 55 yet the love between us is strong and we want it to last long. I don't think that age difference should be an obstacle from the moment we see in the person the magic that drives the love passion in us.” Mercy

“I had dated younger girls and it didn’t work out. They were not serious so I had to go for an older woman. I am 25 and she’s 38 and we have been together for a year. I must confess that she’s being the best thing that happened to me” Vincent

“I dated a younger woman but couldn’t put up with her immaturity so we broke up. I prefer mature and serious ladies” Kenneth

“I got married when I was 16 and he was 45 years. He had just lost his wife so I married him. It was a hell of a marriage as he constantly reminded me that he was old enough to be my father. It was a marriage of slavery but I was able to leave when I was 24 years.” Sandra

Marriage is a life time business. When you marry you expect to find happiness in your home. Let’s assume that you have got two options to pick regarding to a spouse. The first option has less than 10 years age difference but your compatibility with that person is poor. While the second has got over 20 years difference but your compatibility is perfect. Who would you go for?

Now there is the issue of “What would people say if I marry her/him?” Let’s see some response on that regards.
Read full article >>>>>.

http://www.soniasblog.com/2017/08/is-my-love-crime.html

Follow us on www.soniasblog.com

(1) (Reply)

Need A Hook Up / New Here / Help A Soul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.