Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Letter To The Church Of Sardis(the Sherperd) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter To The Church Of Sardis(the Sherperd) (422 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Oyedepo, Oyakhilome To Minister At Church Of God Missions 50th Anniversary / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To The Church Of Sardis(the Sherperd) by luvmijeje(f): 11:16am On Aug 08, 2017
This is my 15th thread on the book of Revelation. I'll be working on this thread live.
Revelation 3:1-6

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Sardis(the Sherperd) by luvmijeje(f): 11:16am On Aug 08, 2017
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write

This is another level of God's presence in a believer. For detailed explanation on why the letter is being directed to the angel, refer to, the Letter to the church of Ephesus on my profile page.

These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars;

This is another letter from the King of kings and the Lord of lords

I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

He knows you . He has called you to be Sherperd of His sheep. He knows your beginning and He knows your end.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Sardis(the Sherperd) by luvmijeje(f): 11:16am On Aug 08, 2017
2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain
As a Sherperd in the Vineyard of God, are you doing His work very well? Christ is telling you to reevaluate your standing with Him and renew your convenant with Him.

that are ready to die
He's saying if reevaluate your standing with Him, His convenant towards you will cease.

for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Sir and Ma, Christ finds you wanting in your duties. He finds you wanting in your roles as a Pastor. He finds you wanting in your responsibilities.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Sardis(the Sherperd) by luvmijeje(f): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2017
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard,

He's reminding you of His calling and how you got to know about it.

and hold fast, and repent

A call for repentance.

If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee

Christ is talking to you about His judgement on while on earth. He's not about His second coming. He's saying if you refuses to do your job as a good Sherperd, He will remove you from that office.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Sardis(the Sherperd) by luvmijeje(f): 11:17am On Aug 08, 2017
4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments;

If you think you're irreplaceable, Christ is telling you there are hundreds of Sherperd who are far better than you. This reminds me of Elijah's story.

and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy

If you refuses to repent, Christ will replace you with someone that will do His work with all diligence and obedience.
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment

Only if you're obedient, you will be clothe with His righteousness.

and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life,

It signified you will partake of the riches in His Kingdom.

but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels

On the day of judgement, he will never deny you.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Sardis(the Sherperd) by luvmijeje(f): 11:20am On Aug 08, 2017
6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Christ pleading with you to hearken to the Holy Spirit.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Sardis(the Sherperd) by luvmijeje(f): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
Thread updated.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Sardis(the Sherperd) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
luvmijeje:
Thread updated.
Pastress luvmijeje, you are really doing great. Can you by chance come and minister in my fellowship, and by the way I'm still single, possibly we can mingle and build a house and family for the Lord together, what do you think grin

(1) (Reply)

Poster For Basterdization Of Christianity / Police Arrest ‘prophet’ Whose Church Is Allegedly Built On Human Parts / What Assurance Do You Have That God's Plan Won't Fail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.