Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith (5103 Views)

Jesus: Contradictions In Resurrection And Ascension / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. / Contradictions In The Bible — Why Are They There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:

more errors.

1. Genesis 1:3 and God said "let there be light " and there was light.
genesis1:11 and God said "let the earth put forth vegetation, plants yielding seed and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind"
Genesis 1:16 and God made the two great light, the sun to rule the day and the moon to rule the night. he made stars also.

apparently, there was light before God created the sun. and plants grew before the sun was created.
the moon is regarded as a light.
also the earth is apparently older than the sun and the stars.
it is the other way around.

aside from there being two completely different accounts of creation.

2. Joshua10:13 and the sun stood still, and the moon stayed,...
... is this not written in the book of Jasher? the sun stayed in the midst of heaven and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.

apart from the fact that the sun is stationary, the book of Joshua is telling us that the earth remained stationary for about a day. this is not possible.

3. revelation 7:1 after this, I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree.

this statement is saying the earth is flat and has four corners...

4. the earth resting on pillars

1st Samuel 2:8 the pillars of the earth are the Lord's.

psalm 75:3 when the earth totters, and all its inhabitants, it is high who keeps steady its pillars.

Job 26:11 the pillar of heaven tremble and are astounded at his rebuke.

job 9:6 who shakes the earth out of its place, and its pillars tremble.
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
No one knows a baby's gender before its birth another error

This hadith says no one knows what's in the womb. This is false. We now have technology that allows us to know the baby's gender before its birth.

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "Keys of the unseen knowledge are five which nobody knows but Allah . . . nobody knows what will happen tomorrow; nobody knows what is in the womb; nobody knows what he will gain tomorrow; nobody knows at what place he will die; and nobody knows when it will rain."
Sahih Bukhari 2:17:149
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Hadith
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2018
Non-Muslims have 7 intestines while Muslims have 1

Ibn 'Umar reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that a non-
Muslim eats in seven intestines whereas a Muslim eats in one intestine.
Sahih Muslim 23:5113 , See also: Al-Muwatta 49:9 , and Al-Muwatta 49:10

Abu Huraira reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) invited a non-Muslim. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) commanded that a goat be milked for him. It was milked and he drank its milk. Then the second one was milked and he drank its milk, and then the other one was milked and he drank its milk. till he drank the milk of seven goats. On the next morning he embraced Islam. And Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) commanded that a goat should be milked for
him and he drank its milk and then another was milked but he did not finish it, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: A believer drinks In one intestine whereas a non-believer drinks in seven intestines. Sahih Muslim 23:5120
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
Loving materialistic objects will cause deafness and blindness - error
[Narrated AbudDarda': The Prophet (pbuh) said: "Your love for a thing causes blindness and deafness". Sunan Abu Dawud 41:5111
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2018
Gggg102:

more errors.

1. Genesis 1:3 and God said "let there be light " and there was light.
genesis1:11 and God said "let the earth put forth vegetation, plants yielding seed and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind"
Genesis 1:16 and God made the two great light, the sun to rule the day and the moon to rule the night. he made stars also.

apparently, there was light before God created the sun. and plants grew before the sun was created.
the moon is regarded as a light.
also the earth is apparently older than the sun and the stars.
first light is not that of the sun it is not a physical light but rather the spiritual one, the second light is the physical light for the sun, moon and stars

Joshua10:13 and the sun stood still, and the moon stayed,...
... is this not written in the book of Jasher? the sun stayed in the midst of heaven and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.

apart from the fact that the sun is stationary, the book of Joshua is telling us that the earth remained stationary for about a day. this is not possible.
with God all things are possible, this is not an error at all, let me give you one example of error "Leprosy and Leukoderma appear only on Wednesdays"
It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: "O Nafi’! The blood is boiling in me, find me a cupper, but let it be someone gentle if you can, not an old man or a young boy. For I heard the Messenger of Allah say: ‘Cupping on an empty stomach is better, and in it there is healing and blessing, and it increases one’s intellect and memory. So have yourselves cupped for the blessing of Allah on Thursdays, and avoid cupping on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Have yourselves cupped on Mondays and Tuesdays, for that is the day on which Allah relieved Ayyub of Calamity, and He inflicted calamity upon him on a Wednesday, and leprosy and leucoderma only appear on Wednesdays, or on the night of Wednesday." Sunan Ibn Majah 1:31:3487 [2][/quote]

revelation 7:1 after this, I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth holding back the four winds of the earth, that no wind might blow on earth or sea or against any tree.

this statement is saying the earth is flat and has four corners...
the Bible never say the earth is flat, but it say that the earth is round
Isaiah 40:22 says It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are
like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads
them like a tent to live in;
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 7:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
Bible's Scientific Errors based on a live debate between Dr. Zakir Naik (a physician & a scholar on Islam) &
Dr. William Campbell (a physician & a scholar on Christianity)

Dr. Zakir Naik says:
First, we deal with Astronomy. The Bible speaks about the creation of the universe. In the beginning, 1 st Book, Book of Genesis, 1 st Ch., it is mentioned - It says… ‘Almighty God created the Heavens and the Earth, in six days and talks about a evening and a morning, referring to a 24 - hour day. Today scientists tell us, that the universe cannot be created in a 24 hour period of six days. Qur’an too speaks about six ‘ayyams’ . The Arabic word singular is ‘yaum’ plural is
‘ayyam’ . It can either mean a day of 24 hours, or it is a very long period, an ‘yaum’ , an epoch. Scientists say we have no objection in agreeing that the universe - it could have been created in 6 very long periods.

Point No.2 - Bible says in Genesis Ch. No. 1 Verses No. 3 and 5,…‘Light was created on the first day.’ Genesis, Ch., 1 Verses, 14 to 19… ‘The cause of light - stars and the sun, etc. was created on the fourth day’. How can the cause of light be created on the 4 th day - later than the light which came into existence on the first day? - It is unscientific.

Point No.3 - Further, the, Bible says Genesis, Ch. 1, Verses 9 to 13… ‘Earth was created on the 3 rd day. How can you have a night and day without the earth ? The day depends upon the rotation of the Earth Without the earth created, how can you have a night and day?

Point No..4 - Genesis, Ch. No. 1 Verses 9 to 13 says… ‘Earth was created on the third day.’ Genesis Ch. No. 1 Verses 14 to 19 says…‘The Sun and the Moon were created on the fourth day.’ Today science tells us… ‘Earth is part of the parent body… the sun.’ It cannot come into existence before the sun – It is unscientific.

Point No. 5 - The Bible says in Genesis, Ch. No.1, Verse No. 11 to 13…‘The vegetation, the herbs the shrubs, the trees - they were created on the 3 rd day And the Sun, Genesis, Ch. No. 1, Verses. 14 to 19, was created on the 4 th day. How can the vegetation come into existence without sunlight, and how can they survive without sunlight ?

Point No.6 - The Bible says in Genesis, Ch. 1, Verses No.16, that…‘God created two lights the greater light, the Sun to rule the day, and the lesser light the Moon, to rule the night. The actual translation, if you go to the Hebrew text, it is ‘lamps’…‘Lamps having lights of its own.’ And that you will come to know better, if you read both the Verses – Genesis, Ch. No.1, Verse. 16, as well as 17. Verse No.17 says…‘And Almighty God placed them in the firmament, to give light to the earth… To give light to the earth.’ Indicating, that Sun and the Moon has its own light - which is in contradiction with established scientific knowledge that we have. There are certain people who try and reconciliate, and say that the six days mentioned in the Bible , it actually refers to epocs - like the Qur’an long periods - not six, 24 hour day. It is illogical - you read in the Bible , evening, morning - It clearly states 24 hours, it indicates. But even if I use the concordance approach - no problem. I agree with your illogical argument - Yet they will only be able to solve the 1 st scientific error of 6 days creation, and second, of first day ‘light’ and 3 rd day ‘earth.’ The remaining four, yet they cannot solve. Some further say that… ‘If it is a 24-hour period, why cannot the vegetables survive for one 24 hour day without sunlight?’ I say ‘Fine - If you say that the vegetables were created before the sun, and can survive for one 24-hour day, I have got no objection. But you cannot say the days mentioned are 24 hours as well as epochs - You cannot have the cake and eat it, both. If you say it is long period, you solve Point No.1 and 3, the remaining 4 are yet there. If you say the days are 24 hours day, you solve only Point No.5 - the remaining 5 are yet there - It becomes unscientific. I leave it to Dr. William Campbell, whether he wants to say… ‘It is long period’, and say that there are only 4 scientific errors - or say… ‘It is a 24 hour day’, and say there is only 5 scientific errors in the creation of the universe.

Point No. 7 - Regarding the concept of Earth , there are various Scientists who have described… ‘How will the world end.’ Hypothesis - Some may be right, some may be wrong. But either the world will perish or the world will live forever. Both cannot take place simultaneously – It is unscientific. But this is exactly what the Bible says. It is mentioned in the Bible , in the book of Hebrews, Ch. No.1 Verses No.10 and 11, and the book of Psalms, Ch. No.102, Verse No.25 and 26, that…‘Almighty God created the Heavens and the Earth, and they will perish.’ Exactly opposite is mentioned in the book of Ecclesiastics, Ch. No.1, Verse No.4, and the book of Psalms, Ch. No.78, Verse No.69, that… ‘The earth will abide forever.’ I leave it to Dr. William Campbell to choose which of the two Verses are unscientific - the first pair or the second pair. One has to be unscientific - Both cannot take place. The world cannot abide forever as well as perish – It is unscientific.

Point No. 8 - Regarding ‘the Heavens’ , the Bible says in Job, Ch. 26, Verse 11, that…‘The pillars of the Heaven will tremble.’ Qur’an says in Surah Luqman, Ch. 31, Verse No.10, that…‘The Heavens are without any pillars - Don`t you see? Don’t you see the Heavens are without any pillars? - Bible says heaven have got pillars.
Point No. 9 - Not only do the Heavens have got pillars - Bible says in the first book of Samuel, Ch. No.2 Verses No.8, as well as the book of Job Ch. No.9, Verse No.6, and the book of Psalms Ch. No.75, Verse No.3, that… ‘Even the earth have got pillars.’

Point No. 10 - In the field of ‘Diet and Nutrition’ lets analyse, what does the Bible say. The Bible says in the book of Genesis, Ch. No.1, Verse No.29, that… ‘God has given you all the herbs bearing seeds, the trees bearing fruits - those that bear seed, as meat for you.’ New International Version says… ‘The seed bearing plants, and the trees bearing fruits bearing seeds are food for you, all of them.’ Today, even a layman knows that there are several poisonous plants like wild berries, stritchi, datura, plants containing alkaloid, polyander, bacaipoid - that which if you ingest, if you eat there are high possibilities you may die. How come the Creator of the universe and the human beings, does not know, that if you have these plants, you will die. I hope Dr. William Campbell does not give these vegetarian diet to his patients.

Point No. 11 - The Bible has a scientific test how to identify a true believer. It is mentioned in the Gospel of Mark, Ch. No.16, Verse No.17 and 18 - It says that… ‘There will be signs for true believers and among the signs - In my name they shall cast out devils, they shall speak foreign tongues, new tongues, they shall take up serpents - And if they drink deadly poison, they shall not be harmed - And when they place their hand over the sick, they shall be cured.’ This is a scientific test - In scientific terminology, it is known as the ‘confirmatory test’ for a true Christian believer. In the past 10 years of my life, I have personally interacted with thousands of Christians, including missionaries - I have not come across a single Christian, who has passed this confirmatory test of the Bible . I have not come across a single Christian who took poison - I have not come across any who took poison, and who has not died. And in scientific terminology, this is also called as the ‘falsification test’ That means if a false person tries and does this test… takes poison, he will die. And a false person will not dare attempt this test - If you are not a true Christian believer, you will not dare attempt this test. Because you try and attempt the falsification test, you will fail. So a person who is not a true Christian believer, will never attempt this test. I have read the book ‘The Qur’an and the Bible in the light of history and science’ written by Dr. William Campbell. And I assume - that he is a true Christian believer, and at least I would like him to confirm to me about the falsification test. Please be rest assured… Please be rest assured, I will not ask Dr. William Campbell to have deadly poison - Because I don’t want to jeopardize the debate. What I’ll do - I will only ask him to speak in foreign tongues… In new languages. And as many of you may be aware that India is a land, which has more than 1000 languages and dialects. Only thing I request him is, to say these 3 words… ‘One hundred rupees’, in the 17 official languages. There are only 17 official languages in India and to make it easier for Dr. William Campbell, I have got a ‘One hundred-rupee note.’ And this has all the 17 languages mentioned here. Besides English and Hindi, I will help him. I give him a beginning – ‘Ek sav rupaiya, In Hindi. The remaining 15 languages are here - I request him to read. I know the test says… ‘They will speak foreign languages on their own, without the help of reading’ - but I want to make the test easier, I want to see someone passing the test - I’ve not seen any one. So if he cannot say it on his own, or from his memory, at least read it. I don’t mind I’ll accept it. And I would request the chairperson to give it to Dr. William Campbell. He has his rebuttal - 15 languages, ‘Ek sav rupaiya’… 3 words only. What does the Bible say regarding ‘Hydrology’? Bible says in Genesis, Ch. No.9, Verse No.13 to 17, that… ‘After God, at the time of Noah submerged the world by flood, and after the flood’ subsided, He said… ‘I put up a rainbow in the sky as a promise to the humankind never to submerge the world again, by water. To the unscientific person it may be quite good… ‘Oh rainbow is a sign of Almighty God, never to submerge the world by flood again.’ But today we know very well, that rainbow is due to the refraction of sunlight, with rain or mist. Surely there must have been thousands of rainbows before the time of Noah, peace be upon him. To say it was not there before Noah’s time you have to assume that the law of refraction did not exist - which is unscientific.’

Point No. 12 - In the field of medicine , the Bible says in the book of Leveticus, Ch. No.14, Verse No.49 to 53 - it gives a novel way for disinfecting a house from plague of leprosy … disinfecting a house from plague of leprosy. It says that… ‘Take two birds, kill one bird, take wood, scale it - and the other living bird, dip it in water… and under running water - later on sprinkle the house 7 times with it. Sprinkle the house with blood to disinfect against plague of leprosy? You know blood is a good media of germs, bacteria, as well as toxin - I hope Dr. William Campbell does not use this method of disinfecting the OT, the operation theatre.

Point No. 13 - It is mentioned in the book of Leveticus, Ch. No.12, Verse No.1 to 5, and we know medically, that after a mother gives birth to a child, the post-partal period, it is unhygienic. To say it is ‘unclean’, Religiously - I have got no objection. But Leviticus, Ch. No.12 Verse No.1 to 5, says that… ‘After a woman gives birth to a male child, she will be unclean for 7 days, and the period of uncleanliness will continue for 33 days more. If she gives birth to a female child, she will be unclean for two weeks, and the period of uncleanliness will continue for 66 days. In short, if a woman gives birth to a male child… ‘a son’, she is unclean for 40 days. If she gives birth to a female child… ‘a daughter’, she is unclean for 80 days. I would like Dr. William Campbell to explain to me scientifically, how come a woman remains unclean for double the period, if she gives birth to a female child, as compared to a male child.

Point No. 14 - The Bible also has a very good test for adultery - How to come to know a woman has committed adultery. In the book of Numbers, Ch. no.5 Verse No..11 to 31, I’ll just say in brief, it says that… ‘The priest should take holy water in a vessel, take dust from the floor, and put it into the vessel - And that is the bitter water ‘And after cursing it, give it to the woman And if the woman has committed adultery, after she drinks it, the curse will enter her body, the stomach will swell, the thigh will rot, and she shall be cursed by the people. If the woman has not committed adultery, she will remain clean and she will bear the seed. A novel method of identifying whether a woman has committed adultery or not. You know today in the world, there are thousands of cases pending in different parts of the world, in different courts of law - only on the assumption that someone has alleged that a woman has committed adultery. I had read in the newspapers, and I came to know from the media, that the President of this great country Mr. Bill Clinton, he was involved in a sex scandal about 2 years back. I wonder, that why did not the American court use this ‘bitter water test’ for adultery? He would have gone scot-free immediately. Why did not the Christian missionaries of this great country, specially those who are in the medical field like my respected Dr. William Campbell, use this bitter water test to bail out their President, immediately.

Point No. 15 - ‘Mathematics’ is a branch, which is closely associated with science, with which you can solve problems, etc. There are thousands of contradictions in the Bible - hundreds deal with mathematics, and I’ll first touch on few of them. It is mentioned in Ezra, Ch. No.2, Verse No.1, and Nehemiah, Ch. No.7, Verse No.6, the context that… ‘When the people returned from exile, from Babylon, when king Nebucheldeser of Babylon, when he released the men from Israel, they came back from captivity’ - and the list of the people are given. The list is given in Ezra, Ch. No.2, Verse No.2 to 63, and Nehemiah Ch. No.7, Verse No.7 up to 65; the list is given with the names as well as number of people released. In these 60 Verses there are no less than 18 times - the name is exactly the same but the number is different. There are no less than 18 contradictions in less than 60 Verses, of these two Chapters. This is the list - I don’t have time to run through the list - There are no less than 18 different contradictions in less than 60 Verses.

Point No. 16 - Further it is mentioned in Ezra, Ch. No.2 Verse No.64 that… ‘The total congregation, if you add up… if you add up, it comes to 42,360.’ And if you read in Nehemiah, Ch. No.7, Verse No.66, there also the total is the same 42,360. But if you add up all these verses - which I had to do my homework - this is the list of Ezra… this is the list of Nehemiah. Ezra Ch. No 2, Nehemiah Ch. No 7 - If you add up - I had to do my homework…if you add up, Ezra Ch. No. 2 - It does not come to 42,360 - it comes to 29,818. And if you add up Nehemiah, Ch. No. 7, even then it does not come to 42,360 - It comes to 31,089. The author of the Bible , presumed to be ‘Almighty God’, does not know simple addition. If you give this problem, even to a person who has passed elementary school, he will be able to get the right answer. If you add up all the 60 Verses, it is so easy. Almighty God did not know adding – Nauzubillah… if we presume, that this is the word of God.

Point No. 17 - Further, if we read, in Ezra Ch. No. 2, Verse No. 65, it says…There were 200 singing men and women - Nehemiah Ch. No. 7, Verse No. 67…‘There were 245 singing men and women.’ Were they 200 - or were they 245 singing men and women? Context is the same - A mathematical contradiction.

Point No. 18 - It is mentioned in the 2 nd Kings, Ch. No 24, Verse No 8, that…‘Jehoiachin was 18 years old, when he began to reign Jerusalem, and he reigned for 3 months and 10 days. 2 nd Chronicles, Ch. No 36, Verse No 9, says that…‘Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began to reign and he reigned for 3 months, 10 days. Was Jehoiachin 18 years when he began to reign, or was he 8 years old?

Point No. 19 - Did he reign for 3 months, or did he reign for 3 months 10 days?

Point No. 20 - Further, it is mentioned in the 1 st Kings, Ch. No 7, Verse No 26, that…‘In Solomon’s temple, in his molten sea, he had 2000 baths. In 2 nd Chronicles, Ch. No 4, Verse No 5, he had 3000 baths. Did he have 2000 baths or did he have 3000 baths? – That, I leave it upon Dr. William Campbell to decide which is correct. There is a clear-cut mathematical contradiction.

Point No. 21 - Furthermore. it is mentioned in the First Kings, Ch. No. 15, Verse No. 33, that… ‘Basha, he died in the 26 th year of reign of Asa.’ And 2 nd Chronicles Ch. No 16, Verse No 1, says that…‘Basha invaded Judah in the 36th years of the reign of Asa.’ How can Basha invade 10 years after his death? - It is unscientific.

(Point No. 22 - Almighty God - He said, “I put up a rainbow in the sky, as a promise to the human kind, never to submerge the world again by water”.)
To make it easier for Dr. William Campbell, to answer the points I have raised, I will just mention them in brief .

The points that I mentioned :
The first point was that -‘The creation of the Earth and the Heaven - the universe was in six, 24-hour days.

Point No. 2 - Light was then before the source of light.

Point No. 3 - Day came into existence before creation of Earth.

Point No. 4 - Earth came into existence before Sun.

Point No. 5 - Vegetation came into existence, before sunlight

Point No. 6 - Light of the Moon is its own light.

Point No. 7 - The earth - Will it perish or will it abide forever?

Point No. 8 - The heavens have got pillars.

Point No. 9 - The earth has got pillars.

Point No. 10 - God said… ‘You can have all plants and all vegetation, including the poisonous plants?’

Point No. 11 - The scientific test the falsification test, of Mark, Ch. No. 16, Verse No. 17 and 18.

Point No. 13 - Using blood to disinfect the house, against plague of leprosy.

Point No. 12 - A woman remains unclean for double the period, if she gives birth to a daughter, as compared to a son.

Point No. 14 – How do you find out the bitter water test for adultery?

Point No. 15 - Eighteen different contradictions in less than 60 Verses of Ezra, Ch. 2, and Nehemiah, Ch. 7. I did not count them as 18 different - I counted them only as one.

Point No. 16 - The total is different is both the chapters.

Point No. 17 - Are there 200 singing men and women, or are there 245 singing men and women?

Point No. 18 - Was Jehoiachin 18 years old, or was he 8 years old when he began to reign?

Point No. 19 - Did he reign for 3 months, or 3 months 10 days.

Point No. 20 - Did Solomon have 3000 baths, or 2000 baths?

Point No. 21 - Is that Basha, how could he invade Judah, 10 years after his death?

Point No. 22 is - Almighty God - He said, “I put up a rainbow in the sky, as a promise to the human kind, never to submerge the world again by water”.
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 7:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:

Examples

cool Quran says the earth is flat but we know it is round Quran 88:20

cool Quran says sperm originates between the backbone and ribs.
HE IS CREATED FROM A DROP EMITTED - PROCEEDING FROM BETWEEN THE BACKBONE AND THE RIDS Quran 86:6-7

cool Quran says stars are located in the nearest heaven but we know stars are far away
SURELY WE HAVE ADORNED THE NEAREST HEAVEN WITH AN ADORNMENT, THE STARS Quran 37:6

cool Quran says moon gives its own light, but scientifically we know moon doesn't gives light it only reflects the sun light
AND HATH MADE THE MOON A LIGHT THEREIN, AND MADE THE SUN A LAMB Quran 71:16

For more
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran

apparently, the moon is regarded as a light.

also the earth is older than the sun and the stars.

aside from there being two completely different accounts of creation.
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:

let me give you one example of error "Leprosy and Leukoderma appear only on Wednesdays"
It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: "O Nafi’! The blood is boiling in me, find me a cupper, but let it be someone gentle if you can, not an old man or a young boy. For I heard the Messenger of Allah say: ‘Cupping on an empty stomach is better, and in it there is healing and blessing, and it increases one’s intellect and memory. So have yourselves cupped for the blessing of Allah on Thursdays, and avoid cupping on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Have yourselves cupped on Mondays and Tuesdays, for that is the day on which Allah relieved Ayyub of Calamity, and He inflicted calamity upon him on a Wednesday, and leprosy and leucoderma only appear on Wednesdays, or on the night of Wednesday." Sunan Ibn Majah 1:31:3487 [2]

In the field of medicine , the Bible says in the book of Leveticus, Ch. No.14, Verse No.49 to 53 - it gives a novel way for disinfecting a house from plague of leprosy … disinfecting a house from plague of leprosy. It says that… ‘Take two birds, kill one bird, take wood, scale it - and the other living bird, dip it in water… and under running water - later on sprinkle the house 7 times with it. Sprinkle the house with blood to disinfect against plague of leprosy? You know blood is a good media of germs, bacteria, as well as toxin.

How to come to know a woman has committed adultery. In the book of Numbers, Ch. no.5 Verse No..11 to 31, I’ll just say in brief, it says that… ‘The priest should take holy water in a vessel, take dust from the floor, and put it into the vessel - And that is the bitter water ‘And after cursing it, give it to the woman And if the woman has committed adultery, after she drinks it, the curse will enter her body, the stomach will swell, the thigh will rot, and she shall be cursed by the people. If the woman has not committed adultery, she will remain clean and she will bear the seed. A novel method of identifying whether a woman has committed adultery or not. You know today in the world, there are thousands of cases pending in different parts of the world, in different courts of law - only on the assumption that someone has alleged that a woman has committed adultery. I had read in the newspapers, and I came to know from the media, that the President of this great country Mr. Bill Clinton, he was involved in a sex scandal about 2 years back. I wonder, that why did not the American court use this ‘bitter water test’ for adultery? He would have gone scot-free immediately. Why did not the Christian missionaries of this great country, specially those who are in the medical field like my respected Dr. William Campbell, use this bitter water test to bail out their President, immediately.
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:
The earth is upheld by a huge whale? another error

According to Ibn Abbas, one of the greatest commentators of Islam/founder of Qur’anic study/Muhammad’s companion (Cousin), there is a huge whale underneath the earth to carry it. And it’s Allah who revealed that to Muhammad.
Tafsir Ibn Abbas on Qur’an 68:1,
[68:1] Nūn. By the Pen, and by what they inscribe! And from his narration on the authority of Ibn ‘Abbas that he said regarding the interpretation of Allah’s saying (Nun): ‘(Nun) He says: Allah swears by the Nun, which is the whale that carries
the earths on its back while in Water , and beneath which is the Bull and under the Bull is the Rock and under the Rock is the Dust and none knows what is under the Dust save Allah. The name of the whale is Liwash , and it is said its name is Lutiaya’; the name of the bull is Bahamut, and some say its name is Talhut or Liyona. The whale is in a sea called ‘Adwad …
https://saintofchrist./2013/12/15/saintofchrist/
Qur'an 68:1 says " The ink- stand and the pen and all that they (the owners of the pen - the scholars) write, bear witness (to the fact that)
So I don't understand where you see whale and bull
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:
Loving materialistic objects will cause deafness and blindness - error
[Narrated AbudDarda': The Prophet (pbuh) said: "Your love for a thing causes blindness and deafness". Sunan Abu Dawud 41:5111

blindness is a result of the devil’s inhabitance (Matthew 12:22). Again, you don’t need the unverifiable nature of this wild claim explained to you. Damage to the optic nerve or detachment of the retina usually causes blindness. No devils or demons have ever demonstrated their involvement in this impairment.

devils cause seizures (Luke 9:39 and Matthew 17:15, ). Suffice to say, devils, demons, evil spirits, or any other fiendish creatures have never been known to cause seizures. These violent neurological events are the result of some physiological abnormality, such as a brain tumor, or an imbalance in electrical activity. When radical epilepsy manifestations are observed, however, it’s certainly understandable how a person with limited knowledge of human physiology could leap to the erroneous and fantastic conclusion that a demon might have possessed the individual in question.
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:

Examples

cool Quran says the earth is flat but we know it is round Quran 88:20

For more
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran

3. revelation 7:1 after this, I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth holding back the four winds of the earth,
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:
Adam was a 90 foot giant

The hadith say humans were created in the physical image of Allah. Thus they began as tall as 90ft giants (60 cubits is the equivalent of 90 feet), and have been decreasing in height ever since. The oldest human remains found in Ethiopia (Lucy and Ardi) were actually shorter in height than us, thus Archaeological science has disproved this belief.

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum
(i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As- salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation. Sahih Bukhari 4:55:543,
see also: Sahih Muslim 40:6809 and Sahih Muslim 32:6325
Which Quran verse are you quoting here
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:
No one knows a baby's gender before its birth another error

This hadith says no one knows what's in the womb. This is false. We now have technology that allows us to know the baby's gender before its birth.

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "Keys of the unseen knowledge are five which nobody knows but Allah . . . nobody knows what will happen tomorrow; nobody knows what is in the womb; nobody knows what he will gain tomorrow; nobody knows at what place he will die; and nobody knows when it will rain."
Sahih Bukhari 2:17:149
again, which Quran are you quoting?
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 8:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:
Adam was a 90 foot giant

The hadith say humans were created in the physical image of Allah. Thus they began as tall as 90ft giants (60 cubits is the equivalent of 90 feet), and have been decreasing in height ever since. The oldest human remains found in Ethiopia (Lucy and Ardi) were actually shorter in height than us, thus Archaeological science has disproved this belief.

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum
(i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As- salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation. Sahih Bukhari 4:55:543,
see also: Sahih Muslim 40:6809 and Sahih Muslim 32:6325

let's not forget about the nephilim in the Bible.

1 Samuel 17:4-7 King James Version (KJV)
And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.
And he had an helmet of brass upon his head, and he was armed with a coat of mail; and the weight of the coat was five thousand shekels of brass.
And he had greaves of brass upon his legs, and a target of brass between his shoulders.
And the staff of his spear was like a weaver's beam; and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron: and one bearing a shield went before him.

also look at the ages of these people.
1 Adam aged 930
2 Seth aged 912
3 Enosh aged 905
4 Cainan aged 910
5 Mahalalel aged 895
6 Jared aged 962
7 Enoch aged 365
8 Methuselah agef 969
9 Lamech aged 777
10 Noah aged 950
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 8:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:
Mathematics In Quran = Error

Quran contains errors in mathematics, and erroneous mathematics in Quran
refute the claimed divine authorship of the Quran (see errors in the Quran).
Surah 4 of the Quran, which contains Allah's mathematics on dividing inheritance,
is rife with errors. These erroneous mathematics in Quran are small enough to
pass perfunctory inspection but significant in exposing the Quran's ungodly
authorship.
Consider just two of the examples: (A) if a man is survived by his parents, wives
and two daughters, Quran's mathematics require 113% of his estate to be divided;
and, (B) if a man is survived by his mother, wives and two sisters, Quran requires
108% of his estate to be divided, as follows:
"Allah instructs you concerning your children: for the male, what is equal to
the share of two females. But if there are [only] daughters, two or more, for
them is two thirds of one's estate. And if there is only one, for her is half.
And for one's parents, to each one of them is a sixth of his estate if he left
children. But if he had no children and the parents [alone] inherit from him,
then for his mother is one third. And if he had brothers [or sisters], for his
mother is a sixth, after any bequest he [may have] made or debt. Your
parents or your children - you know not which of them are nearest to you in
benefit. [These shares are] an obligation [imposed] by Allah. Indeed, Allah is
ever Knowing and Wise. And for you is half of what your wives leave if they
have no child. But if they have a child, for you is one fourth of what they
leave, after any bequest they [may have] made or debt. And for the wives is
one fourth if you leave no child. But if you leave a child, then for them is an
eighth of what you leave, after any bequest you [may have] made or debt.
And if a man or woman leaves neither ascendants nor descendants but has a
brother or a sister, then for each one of them is a sixth. But if they are more
than two, they share a third, after any bequest which was made or debt, as
long as there is no detriment [caused]. [This is] an ordinance from Allah, and Allah is Knowing and Forbearing... They request from you a [legal] ruling. Say, " Allah gives you a ruling concerning one having neither descendants nor ascendants [as heirs]." If a man dies, leaving no child but [only] a sister, she will have half of what he left. And he inherits from her if she [dies and] has no child. But if there are two sisters [or more], they will have two-thirds of what he left. If there are both brothers and sisters, the male will have the share of two females. Allah makes clear to you [His law], lest you go astray. And Allah is Knowing of all things." - Quran 4:11,12,176
66.7% = 2/3 for daughters 16.7% = 1/6 for mother
33.3% = 2 x (1/6) for parents 25.0% = 1/4 for wives
12.5% = 1/8 for wives 66.7% = 2/3 for sisters
112.5% = total for case (A) 108.4% = total for case (B)
Allah, who can't add correctly to 100, is a pagan lunar idol
http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/mathematics-in-quran.html

mathematical errors

value of pi.
2 Chronicles4:2-5
2. Then he made the seaof cast metal. It was round, tencubits from brim tobrim, and five cubits high, and a line of thirty cubits measured its circumference. 3. Under it were figures of gourds,b for tencubits, compassing thesea all around. The gourdswere in two rows, castwith it when it was cast. 4. It stoodon twelve oxen, three facing north, three facing west, three facing south, and three facing east. The seawas set on them, and all their rear parts were inward. 5. Its thickness was a handbreadth.c And its brim was made like thebrimof a cup, like theflowerof alily.
1 Kings 7:23-26
23. Then he made the seaof cast metal. It was round, ten cubits from brim tobrim, and five cubits high, and aline of thirty cubits measured its circumference. 24. Under its brim were gourds, for tencubits, compassing thesea all around. The gourdswere in two rows, castwith it when it was cast. 25. It stoodon twelve oxen, three facing north, three facing west, three facing south, and three facing east. The seawas set on them, and all their rear parts were inward. 26. Its thickness was a handbreadth and its brimwas made like thebrim of acup, like the flowerof alily.
By Using 1 Kings 7:23 and 2 Chronicles4:2 Let me calculate Value of pi data given is
Circumference (C) = 30 cubits ("a line of thirty cubits did compass it roundabout"wink Diameter (d) = 10 cubits ("ten cubits from theonebrim to theother"wink
We all know theFormula Circumference ofcircle is given by C = πd where c is circumference and d is diameter of circle therefore π= C/d . Substituting valueswe get
Biblical Pi (π) = (C/d) = ( 30 cubits/10 cubits ) = 3.0 This is Great Mathematical Error Because actual value pi is not 3.[citation NOT needed] The actual value of πis 3.14159265358979323846 264338327950288 ... This leaves Biblical literalists in a bind: either reject mathematics and most of modern technology or reject Biblical literalism.
It is said in Bible [[ Ezra 2:1 and Nehemiah 7:6 ]] That- The Peoples of Israel were released fromthecaptivity of Babylon King Nebucheldeser.
And The Listof peoples who were released is Given in [[ Ezra 2:2-63 and Nehemiah 7:7-65 ]] thelist is given with thenames as well asnumber ofpeople released.
When I compared both list Ezra 2:2-63 andNehemiah 7:7-65 If found more than 15 Mathematical Contradictions in those two chapters [[ Ezra 2:2-63 and Nehemiah 7:7-65 ]]
The Name givenin both chapters are exactly same but the Numberis different. Like this you can find more than 15 Mathematical Contradictions in 60 Verses, ofthese two Chapters [[ Ezra 2:2-63 and Nehemiah 7:7-65 ]].
And Further it is mentioned in both chapters Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 that if you add up totalcongregation is 42,360 .
But If I addedall the verses In Ezra Chno2 I got29,818 (and not 42,360).
And if I added all the verses in Nehemiah Ch. No 7 I got31,089 (and again not 42,360).
Oh my God The authorof the Bible who is presumed to be ‘God’, does notknow simple Mathematical addition. If I give this problem, even to a child who has passed elementary school child will be able togetthe right answer.
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:
Fasting and Prayer (Ramadan) Requirements Near the Poles another error

The Qur'an commands Muslims to fast from eating and drinking from sunrise till sunset during Ramadan. The author of the Qur'an was apparently unfamiliar
with the polar regions in which there are SIX MONTHS OF SUNLIGHT and SIX MONTHS OF PERPETUAL NIGHT during Summer and Winter. Such fasting is not observable by anyone living in the polar regions, and very easy (depth of Winter) or extremely hard (height of Summer) in places within around 40 degrees latitude of the poles. Various contrived rules have been proposed by Muslim scholars for those at such latitudes to try to accommodate the inconvenient fact that we live on a round Earth.

...Then strictly observe the fast till nightfall...Qur'an 2:187

A similar issue exists for the five daily prayers. Anyone living in the polar region would not be able to make a sunset or sunrise prayer for much of the year. Even for cities further south like Aberdeen in Scotland, the gap between the night prayer (Isha)
and the dawn prayer (Fajr) is around 4 and a half hours in June, so anyone following these rules has to interupt their sleep around 3.20am, then go back to sleep before getting up for the day. Such issues would not have crossed the mind of a 7th century
man in Arabia, who believed that everyone experiences sunrise and sunset when he does, and where it would be perfectly natural to arise at dawn
any time of the year.

Establish regular prayers - at the sun's decline till the darkness of the night, and the morning prayer and reading: for the prayer and reading in the morning carry their testimony. Qur'an 17:78

Leviticus 16:29-31 King James Version (KJV)
And this shall be a statute for ever unto you: that in the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger that sojourneth among you:
For on that day shall the priest make an atonement for you, to cleanse you, that ye may be clean from all your sins before the LORD.
It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever.

let's also not forget the dawn to dusk fasts organized by churches today.
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2018
Rabbits do not chew their cud (bring up previously swallowed food to chew).

The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; ... (Leviticus 11:6)

Camels have split hooves.
There are some that only chew the cud or only have a split hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you. (Leviticus 11:4)

However, of those that chew the cud or that have a split hoof completely divided you may not eat the camel, the rabbit or the coney. [1] Although they chew the cud, they do not have a split hoof; they are ceremonially unclean for you. (Deuteronomy 14:7)

The earth isn't stationary as once thought.

... The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved. (Psalms 93:1)
... The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved. (1 Chronicles 16:30)
He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. (Psalms 104:5)
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
mubbyzhe:
again, which Quran are you quoting?
hadiths
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
Gggg102:

3. revelation 7:1 after this, I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth holding back the four winds of the earth,

Isaiah 40:22 says It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to live in;
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:

Isaiah 40:22 says It is he who sits above the circle of the earth, and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers; who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them like a tent to live in;

it's my bible verse against your contradicting Bible verse cool
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 10:39pm On Mar 19, 2018
Gggg102:

it's my bible verse against your contradicting Bible verse cool
not at all
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:

not at all

then disprove revelation 7:1

note I'm not asking you to provide a counter verse, but disprove that exact verse.
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 10:43pm On Mar 19, 2018
ysyowel:

do you also know circle is different from sphere?

circles are flat.
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 7:23am On Mar 20, 2018
mubbyzhe:

Qur'an 68:1 says " The ink- stand and the pen and all that they (the owners of the pen - the scholars) write, bear witness (to the fact that)
So I don't understand where you see whale and bull
so many translations with translational errors, go and read other translations and stop complaining
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 7:25am On Mar 20, 2018
Gggg102:

do you also know circle is different from sphere?
circles are flat.
is sphere not round
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by Gggg102(m): 7:29am On Mar 20, 2018
ysyowel:

is sphere not round

the passage never said round. it said circle. circles are flat.

also job wasn't an Israelite. his views are more likely to differ from the general views of the Israelites. e. g revelations7:1
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 8:06am On Mar 20, 2018
Gggg102:

then disprove revelation 7:1

note I'm not asking you to provide a counter verse, but disprove that exact verse.
the book of revaletion is not your made, even the greatest Islamic schoolers knows nothing of this book, what you saw in Revelation 7:1,

explanation,

four angels,
Four is the number of worldwide effect: the Entire World, the Earth. This is the first of several global judgments which involve four angels. There are four angels bound at the river Euphrates which will later be released to kill a third of mankind (Rev. 9:14+ ).

four corners of the earth,
This is figurative language indicating the four main compass directions (Eze. 7:2 ). The angels have a ministry extending over the entire earth. standing . . . holding
Standing is ἐστῶτας [estōtas] , perfect tense, having stood. Holding is κρατοῦντας
[kratountas] , present tense. The angels had taken their positions earlier and were already actively restraining the winds when John saw them. This is the proverbial calm before the storm. “Only the detail of the sealing of the 144,000 remained before the unleashing of these destructive winds.”

four winds,
The four major directions from which winds blow: from the East, South, West, and North. This is equivalent to saying “from every direction” (Jer. 48:36 ; Dan. 8:8 ). Wind is also used to describe God’s breath or Spirit (Eze. 37:9 ; Zec. 6:5 ) which is often used in judgment. In Pharaoh’s dream, the seven years of Egyptian famine were brought about by an east wind (Gen. 41:6 , Gen. 41:27 ). The plague of locusts brought upon Egypt came on the east wind (Ex. 10:13 ). The same east wind allowed the children of Israel to cross the Red Sea (Ex. 14:21 ). The east wind is often associated with God’s judgment and deliverance (Ps. 48:7 ; Ps. 78:26 ; Isa. 27:8 ; Jer 18:17 ; Eze. 19:12 ; Hos. Hos. 13:15 ; Jonah Jonah 4:8 ). Since there is no mention of wind in association with any forthcoming judgment here, it seems best to understand the wind as denoting the judgment and influence of God which is about to “blow” across the land as it had in the past. In Daniel’s vision, it was the “four winds of heaven” which stirred up the “Great Sea” which brought forth the four rapacious beasts (Dan. 7:2 ). The sea represented the Gentile nations from which the four successive empires would arise. These same four winds control the upcoming rise of Antichrist in judgment (Rev. Rev. 13:1+ ). The winds speak of the impending global judgments and their initiation and sovereign control by God. Angels Restraining the Four Winds
not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree These three parts of the created order will undergo God’s judgment in events to come.
1. With the sounding of the first trumpet, a third of the trees are burned up (Rev. 8:7+ ).
2. At the second trumpet, a third of the sea becomes blood (Rev. 8:8+ ). At the pouring forth of the second bowl, the entire sea becomes blood as of a dead man (Rev. 16:3+ ).
3. At the sounding of the first trumpet, a third of the earth is burned up (Rev. 8:7+ , NU and MT texts). At the pouring forth of the sixth bowl, the earth is utterly shaken (Rev. 16:18-20+ ).
The earth, the trees, and especially the sea are all important parts of the system of nature which supports life on the planet. Because man will continue to idolize the creation rather than the Creator (Rom. 1:25 ), God will set about to destroy this idol. But none of this can begin until the servants of God are sealed for protection (Rev. 7:3-4+ ). Even after the judgments have begun, the locusts from the bottomless pit are told not to harm the earth, sea or vegetation, but only men (Rev. 9:4+ ). Having at one time been an avid environmentalist and valuing animal life above human life, we are familiar with the pagan religious undercurrents which fuel this movement. Many environmentalists thrill to the sight of a dolphin or whale, yet despise the God of the Bible Who brought them all forth. If environmentalists thrill to a dolphin or hummingbird, how much more marvelous is the One Who spoke and they leapt into existence! He is far more worthy of wonder than the mere work of His hands! To be sure, man has not been a faithful steward of all God has given him, but to deny the Creator while attempting to save the creation is folly as events in this book make plain. Some commentators take these as symbolic representations:
“That no wind might blow upon the earth ”—the scene of settled government (Rev.10:2+ ; Ps. 46:2 ); “nor upon the sea ”—nations and peoples in anarchy and confusion (Dan. 7:2-3 ; Isa. 57:20 ); “nor upon any tree ”— the might and pride of the earth, Dan. 4:22; Eze. 31:3-9, Eze. 31:14-18 ).
These symbols are easy to interpret. The earth is Israel; the sea, the Gentiles; the trees, as we know from the famous parable in the ninth chapter of the book of Judges, refer to those in authority. While it is true that each of these entities carries a symbolic meaning in other passages (cf. especially Rev. Rev. 13:1+ ; Rev. 17:15+ ), it is best to understand their use here as literal because of the related passages which follow. The
locusts are commanded “not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing,
or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their
foreheads” (Rev. Rev. 9:4+ ). The passage concerning the locusts differentiates
men from real vegetation (“any green thing”). When trees are destroyed, so too
is the green grass (Rev. Rev. 8:7+ ). When the sea becomes blood, living
creatures and ships are affected (Rev. Rev. 8:9+ ; Rev. 16:3+ ). If the sea
represents the nations here (as it does in Rev. Rev. 13:1+ and Rev. 17:15+ ), then
what is meant by the living creatures and the ships which ply its waters? Also,
when men, cities, or authorities are the recipients of judgments which follow,
they are specifically denoted as such (Rev. Rev. 9:4-5+ , Rev. 9:18+ , Rev. 9:20+ ;
Rev. 11:13+ ; Rev. 16:2+ , Rev. 16:9+ ; Rev. 18:14-19+ ; Rev. 19:19+ ).
not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree
These three parts of the created order will undergo God’s judgment in events to
come.
1. With the sounding of the first trumpet, a third of the trees are burned up
(Rev. Rev. 8:7+ ).
2. At the second trumpet, a third of the sea becomes blood (Rev. Rev. 8:8+ ). At
the pouring forth of the second bowl, the entire sea becomes blood as of a
dead man (Rev. Rev. 16:3+ ).
3. At the sounding of the first trumpet, a third of the earth is burned up (Rev.
Rev. 8:7+ , NU and MT texts). At the pouring forth of the sixth bowl, the earth
is utterly shaken (Rev. Rev. 16:18-20+ ).
The earth, the trees, and especially the sea are all important parts of the system
of nature which supports life on the planet. Because man will continue to idolize
the creation rather than the Creator (Rom. Rom. 1:25 ), God will set about to
destroy this idol. But none of this can begin until the servants of God are sealed
for protection (Rev. Rev. 7:3-4+ ). Even after the judgments have begun, the
locusts from the bottomless pit are told not to harm the earth, sea or vegetation,
but only men (Rev. Rev. 9:4+ ). Having at one time been an avid environmentalist
and valuing animal life above human life, we are familiar with the pagan religious
undercurrents which fuel this movement. Many environmentalists thrill to the
sight of a dolphin or whale, yet despise the God of the Bible Who brought them
all forth. If environmentalists thrill to a dolphin or hummingbird, how much more
marvelous is the One Who spoke and they leapt into existence! He is far more
worthy of wonder than the mere work of His hands! To be sure, man has not
been a faithful steward of all God has given him, but to deny the Creator while
attempting to save the creation is folly as events in this book make plain. Some
commentators take these as symbolic representations:
“That no wind might blow upon the earth ”—the scene of settled government
(Rev. Rev. 10:2+ ; Ps. Ps. 46:2 ); “nor upon the sea ”—nations and peoples in
anarchy and confusion (Dan. Dan. 7:2-3 ; Isa. Isa. 57:20 ); “nor upon any tree ”—
the might and pride of the earth (Dan. Dan. 4:10 , Dan. 4:22 ; Eze. Eze. 31:3-9 ,
Eze. 31:14-18 ).
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 8:54am On Mar 20, 2018
more errors,
medical errors,

1, Camel urine as medicine,
Urine is a waste property discharged from the body which contains toxic element. Nevertheless, Muhammad recommended it. Narrated Anas: The climate of Medina did not suit some people, so the Prophet ordered them to follow his shepherd, i.e. his camels, and drink their milk and urine (as a medicine) Sahih Bukhari 7:71:590 , See also: Sahih Bukhari 8:82:796 , and Sahih Muslim 16:4130

2, Black cumin cures all diseases,
Herbal medicine might have medicinal properties, but it cannot cure every disease.
Hold onto the use of the black seeds for in it is healing for all diseases except death
Sahih Bukhari 7:71:592 , See also: Sahih Bukhari 7:71:591

3, The wing of a housefly can cure disease,
The housefly is proven to be harmful because it carries germs and parasites. However, Muhammad believed that one of its wings is curative.
The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease
Sahih Bukhari 4:54:537.

4, Eating 7 dates can cure poison
Though dates possess certain medicinal properties, curing poison and dispelling magic are not the benefits.
Narrated Sad: Allah's Apostle said, " He who eats seven 'Ajwa dates every morning, will not be affected by poison or magic on the day he eats them." Sahih Bukhari 7:65:356 , See also: Sahih Bukhari 7:65:663,.

5, Drinking honey cures diarrhea,
Narrated Abu Said: A man came to the prophet and said, 'My brother has got loose motions. The Prophet said, Let him drink honey." The man again (came) and said, 'I made him drink (honey) but that made him worse.' The Prophet said, 'Allah has said the Truth, and the abdomen of your brother has told a lie." Sahih Bukhari 7:71:614.

6, Medicinal value in "cupping",
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: that he paid Al- Muqanna a visit during his illness and said, "I will not leave till he gets cupped, for I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "There is healing in cupping." Sahih Bukhari 7:71:600 , See also: Sahih Bukhari 7:71:587 , Sahih Bukhari 7:71:598, Sahih Bukhari 7:71:597 , and Sahih Bukhari 7:71:595.

Water from truffles cures eye diseases.
7, Narrated Said bin Zaid: I heard the Prophet saying, "Truffles are like Manna (i.e. they grow naturally without man's care) and their water heals eye diseases." Sahih Bukhari 7:71:609 There is a claim that states, "water of truffles prevents the occurrence of fibrosis in cases of eye trachoma". [1] However, the only source for this is a
Muslim scientist and no additional evidence can be found to support this claim.
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 8:59am On Mar 20, 2018
Black dogs are devils,
Melanin gives a foraging advantage and is heritable through a dominant gene. It has nothing to do with demons.
Abu Dharr reported: The Messenger of 'Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When any one of you stands for prayer and there is a thing before him equal to the back of the saddle that covers him and in case there is not before him (a thing) equal to the back of the saddle, his prayer would be cut off by (passing of an) ass, woman, and black Dog. I said: O Abu Dharr, what feature is there in a black dog which distinguish it from the red dog and the yellow dog? He said: O, son of my brother, I asked the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) as you are asking me, and he said: The black dog is a devil.
Sahih Muslim 4:1032
Re: thousands of Errors And Contradictions In The Quran and Hadith by ysyowel(m): 9:11am On Mar 20, 2018
Spinal bone does not decay,
Some translations of this hadith say "coccyx" instead of "spinal bone".

Abu Huraira reported so many ahadith from Allah's Apostle and amongst these one was this that Allah's Messenger said: There is a bone in the human being which the earth would never consume and it is from this that new bodies would be reconstituted (on the Day of Resurrection). They said: Allah's Messenger, which bone is that? Thereupon he said: It is the spinal bone. "Sahih Muslim 54:179" .

This claim has no factual basis. All bones of buried vertebrates decay over time; only their rate of decay varies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does It Mean That The Dead Know Nothing (Ecclesiastes 9:5)? / Why Was Muhammads Father Named Abd-allah Before Muhammads Prophethood? / The Antichrist Will Come From The Revived Roman Empire ( Europe)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.