Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ (12076 Views)

Fifth Term Lagos Deputy Speaker Defeated Along Other APC Candidates / Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Sonofpeace(m): 2:11pm On Feb 14, 2010
one thing i hate about Nigerians is dat we are bad loosers. A list dat place NY in 49 position and Barcelona in 42 while Dubai dat possesses the world tallest building is at no. 77 position and the world class cape town is now 87.  just tell me how Eko ile stand a chance of making it among all these cities?
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by olanajim(m): 2:23pm On Feb 14, 2010
This quote was taken from the comment on the original site and it fit into my own thinking,

"IT WAS ONLY 140 CITIES. Lagos was fifth worst out of those 140, but that''s 135th out of about 25000 cities in the world. Terrible reporting to not highlight the fact this wasn''t an exhaustive appraisal. While the best on that list may be the best, the worst on that list are just the worst out of the best 140.
Posted by: James , on Sunday, February 14, 2010 "

I think Lagos should be applauded for making the list and not condemned.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by BOUNTYDOG(m): 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2010
The picture of Lagos as shown in the article is that of the Regime of President OBJ in the military government not that of Governor Fashola oh ,i dont think its a recent rating Eko oni baje o
Carry go Fashola we need more and more BRTS and Cabs pls for our small london jo
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by okunoba(m): 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2010
@Babapupa, u dey embarrass me as a fellow Yoruba man, y u dey bring ethnicity into the issue just because people they call a spade a spade. Lagos is a slum, hell on earth, period.  Eco oni baje, Eco to ti baje patapata, how we fit fix am na him be the issue.
I have being to the Eastern part of Nigeria and there is no doubt in my mind the cities are alot better than the Western cities. Never being to the North so can`t say much about it
Surely better days will come to Eko ile, Fashola is a positive start.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by proudly9ja(m): 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2010
Human beings!

Don't you know that when someone rates you, the right thing for you is to look at the situation wholistically and look at how to improve?

Lets never look at ratings as a way of putting us down or up! Even if Lagos was rated as no1 city to live in, we should be looking at how to maintain the position. In this instance, rather than look for loopholes in the rating, we should be thinking, ''how do we improve''!
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by proudly9ja(m): 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2010
Its the same way when you sit for an exam and get a position, rather than blame the teacher for victimizing you or other students for cheating, one should always think of how to get higher grades at the next opportunity.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by flyuche(m): 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2010
99% of lagosians reside in slums. eg ajegunle, orile, ketu, obalende. surulere, ojuelegba, mushin, oshodi, ikorodu, okokomaiko, mile 12, ikeja, lekki, etc. grin
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Mhismole(f): 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2010
EzeUche:

You live in a state full of rednecks and country akatas. lol grin

God be with you!
Princek12:

I know Tennessee, now. I am familiar with the USA very well. I go back and forth from Lag to the USA, but I am currently in the USA. Which city/town in Tennessee?

lol at you both. as fr the red necks and akatas, you hvae no idea. and Prince if i wanted everyone to knw that, il just put it on my profile. u have to ask me privately. the info shud be irrevelevant to you nyway.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by kcblast(m): 4:45pm On Feb 14, 2010
angrywell, i actually dont doubt that, but remember d worst cities are does cities that feeds d country most lipsrsealed.
any way may God help us embarassed cry
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by montelik(m): 4:48pm On Feb 14, 2010
proudly9ja:

Its the same way when you sit for an exam and get a position, rather than blame the teacher for victimizing you or other students for cheating, one should always think of how to get higher grades at the next opportunity.

Well said.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Princek12(m): 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2010
Mhismole:

lol at you both. as fr the red necks and akatas, you hvae no idea. and Prince if i wanted everyone to knw that, il just put it on my profile. u have to ask me privately. the info shud be irrevelevant to you nyway.

hit me up at kinzo69@yahoo.com
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Bokoharam: 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2010
Please, leave our Lagos for us. For once, we are even breathing the air of Freedom. I can sleep with almost both eyes closed.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Kilode1: 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2010
okunoba:

@Babapupa, u dey embarrass me as a fellow Yoruba man, y u dey bring ethnicity into the issue just because people they call a spade a spade. Lagos is a slum, hell on earth, period. Eco oni baje, Eco to ti baje patapata, how we fit fix am na him be the issue.
I have being to the Eastern part of Nigeria and there is no doubt in my mind the cities are alot better than the Western cities. Never being to the North so can`t say much about it

WORD!! I tire for people and their yeye ethnic stupidity. Do your own survey.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chidyke77(m): 5:21pm On Feb 14, 2010
okunoba:

@Babapupa, u dey embarrass me as a fellow Yoruba man, y u dey bring ethnicity into the issue just because people they call a spade a spade. Lagos is a slum, hell on earth, period.  Eco oni baje, Eco to ti baje patapata, how we fit fix am na him be the issue.
u've spoken well.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chidyke77(m): 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2010
proudly9ja:

Human beings!

Don't you know that when someone rates you, the right thing for you is to look at the situation wholistically and look at how to improve?

Lets never look at ratings as a way of putting us down or up! Even if Lagos was rated as no1 city to live in, we should be looking at how to maintain the position. In this instance, rather than look for loopholes in the rating, we should be thinking, ''how do we improve''!
tell them coz d knw d fact bt ignorancd is their disease.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by oderemo(m): 5:30pm On Feb 14, 2010
99% of lagosians reside in slums. eg ajegunle, orile, ketu, obalende. surulere, ojuelegba, mushin, oshodi, ikorodu, okokomaiko, mile 12, ikeja, lekki, etc.

even Victoria island and your lekki plus ajah is nothing short of glorified slum.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Digriz(m): 5:35pm On Feb 14, 2010
Those that grew up in lagos always regards Lagos as heaven on earth and i pity them.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by asha80(m): 5:44pm On Feb 14, 2010
ode remo:

even Victoria island and your[b] lekki[/b] plus ajah is nothing short of glorified slum.

Why lekki
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by beneezy(m): 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2010
This Lagos wey we dey so, is our own
These streets wey u dey see so, is our zone
And the people wey u see we love them to our bone
And music wey we play we do it in our own.

They should let God judge and rate us
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Peluwa: 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2010
who make them an authority over our affairs. imagine, am living in a place i can smile though all is not as i would wish. But, this LASGIDI has made me, ME! Tell them, we don't need their opinion besides nothing meaningful as ever come from. In midst of all this am PROUD to be a Nigerian as in a Lagosian. EKO ONI BAJE O,
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by zinaLPF: 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2010
Be honest guys, which one of you does not mutter or scream about the conditions in Lagos, every minute of every blessed day?
Or perhaps your approach is to pray fervently for "our leaders, our country" at the top of your lungs at one of the thousands of corner churches??

Take a step into reality -
Lagos is bad, as is most of the rest of the country. Is it annoying that others see this degeneration and publish articles? Yes.
Do they publish untruths? No.
Will this level of honesty help us face our demons and bring about radical change? Absolutely.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by jpworld(m): 7:28pm On Feb 14, 2010
Good News!
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Mhismole(f): 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2010
Princek12:

hit me up at kinzo69@yahoo.com

I should hit you up? excuse me? why, are you my lecturer??
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by messiah(m): 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2010
For those claiming that Lagos is not the capital of Nigeria, Vancouver (the most livable city in the world is NOT the capital of Canada either). Quit your petulance & thank your stars Lagos wasn't rated the 1st worst livable city, where it rightly belongs.
Propaganda, vilification or whatever, we can't prove them wrong.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Sonofpeace(m): 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2010
A word is enough for the wise. Onye maru asu ya suo na ikwe onye n'amaru asu ya suo n'ara.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by sage(m): 7:53pm On Feb 14, 2010
the two worst cities in the world over 1 million in population

1 Aba

2 Onitsha

Lagos na heaven compared to these two
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Sonofpeace(m): 7:55pm On Feb 14, 2010
I av being to some cities in west africa en i av also lived in Accra i can autoritatively tell you that accra is far better than lagos yet Ghanaians are not crying that they are being under-scored rather they are busy planning for the future of ghana.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Sonofpeace(m): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2010
@sage, and so what? I know lagos is beta than onitsha,Aba en london. Even small nairobi en victoria(mauritius) is ranked higher than lagos.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by profug(m): 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2010
Whether it's Nigeria's capital or not, what is bad is bad.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Princek12(m): 8:22pm On Feb 14, 2010
Mhismole:

I should hit you up? excuse me? why, are you my lecturer??

I asked you which city in Memphis you stayed, and you refused to disclose, saying it should be asked privately. I replied by saying "hit me up," and  you replied with the above statement. You are typical of a lot of Naija girls--lame. So saying "hit me up," a mere slang, in response to what you said, is deserving of your reply-- "excuse me"; "why?"; "are you my lecturer?"  I could imagine you rolling your eyes in a yanga ish way. You have turned a simple, casual statement into an ordeal.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Amhatu(m): 8:24pm On Feb 14, 2010
The article is rubbish because Lagos,Nigeria is being developed & rebuilt.

The publisher should publish again in 10 years.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Mhismole(f): 8:29pm On Feb 14, 2010
Princek12:

I asked you which city in Memphis you stayed, and you refused to disclose, saying it should be asked privately. I replied by saying "hit me up," and  you replied with the above statement. You are typical of a lot of Naija girls--lame. So saying "hit me up," a mere slang, in response to what you said, is deserving of your reply-- "excuse me"; "why?"; "are you my lecturer?"  I could imagine you rolling your eyes in a yanga ish way. You have turned a simple, casual statement into an ordeal.

Lmao. one, i live in Tennessee, not memphis. Rollin my eyes in a yanga-ish way?? i laugh. You asked what city im in, i refuse to disclose, and you ask me to hit u up. why? do i know you?? Its really not important to know where im from now. you should have let it die there. dont tell me im a typical nigerian girl because i refuse to disclose personal info to strangers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

$9.3m Deal: Northern Muslims Accuse FG Of Cover-up / Boko Haram Kidnaps 8 Girls (Between 11 & 14 Years Old) In Cameroon / 2019: Crisis Rocks Kaduna PDP As Chairman Loses Five Gov Aspirants' Confidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.