Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ (12079 Views)

Fifth Term Lagos Deputy Speaker Defeated Along Other APC Candidates / Lagos Ranked 4th World’s Worst City / LAGOS Is World's 3rd Worst City To Live In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by ezeagu(m): 4:26pm On Feb 17, 2010
persius:

lagos is what it is because of that filth. white men wont understand it. people make a living, live and feed from the filth. lagos the garbage city.at least it is not worst than onitsha

Isn't Onitsha part of your homeland?
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by newcreatio(m): 7:27pm On Feb 17, 2010
Eko tiwa n tiwa,  kiss
the rating isn't so bad y'know, what cites are on top of us? wink
Lagos is d heartbeat of Nigeria, what should u expect?, so many pple from all over there!
All kinds of businesses run freely,  grin
I live in Calabar  cool,and I don't enjoy comin to Lagos after I have expereienced the serenity of other cities in Nigeria.

lagos will be lagos, Naija's pride, home of entertainment, headquarters of sharp minds,
Planet of survival, Avatar should have been shot in Lagos i think!
grin
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by edoyad(m): 8:29pm On Feb 17, 2010
@newcreation, grin no i think city of God should have been shot in lag.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by ijetonia(f): 9:24am On Feb 18, 2010
let us first of all give kudos to the governor of Lagos who in so short a time has turned Lagos at least to this extent. And i'll also agree that this survey is entirely off mark,cos i'm very sure that there are major cities even in Europe that are worse than Lagos.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Sonofpeace(m): 7:39pm On Feb 18, 2010
ijetonia:

let us first of all give kudos to the governor of Lagos who in so short a time has turned Lagos at least to this extent. And i'll also agree that this survey is entirely off mark,cos i'm very sure that there are major cities even in Europe that are worse than Lagos.
name one. . .
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by tunde300us(m): 12:26pm On Feb 20, 2010
@persius: If u say lagos is full of filth then i say u need binocular to see cos ur case don become worse than ordinary binoculars.The entrance to the east is a sorry site to become and most of the time i just wished enugu or imo shld have been after the NIGER BRIDGE cos really onitsha is not just it man.
Lagos isnt the cleanest city in Nija,but obviously isnt the dirtiest either and i bet to say that u cant take it away from the level of deveopment that has began since reasonable men came into governamce.
Thumbs up for the ENUGU and IMO state govt too for doing something despite all odds
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by blackcypha(m): 4:57pm On Feb 21, 2010
@manny
u have said it all
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by blackcypha(m): 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2010
@manny
u have said it all
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chiogo(f): 6:19am On Feb 22, 2010
Is Lagos even a city? Don't get why it's called a city. undecided
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by SEFAGO(m): 6:31am On Feb 22, 2010
chiogo:

Is Lagos even a city? Don't get why it's called a city. undecided

It is a city. What should it be called?

London is also a city
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chiogo(f): 6:36am On Feb 22, 2010
How's it a city? It's a state. grin Being popular doesn't make it a city.

Well, Of course London is a city because they don't even have States down there.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by SEFAGO(m): 6:45am On Feb 22, 2010
chiogo:

How's it a city? It's a state.  grin Being popular doesn't make it a city.

Well, Of course London is a city because they don't even have States down there.

Its a city. Go and find the definition of a city. States and city are not mutually exclusive. A state is more of a political definition or categorization, while city describes urbanization and such.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chic2pimp(m): 6:47am On Feb 22, 2010
^^^^^^^^
See as how Mr I.Q wan finish person ooo with his upper class english cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by SEFAGO(m): 6:50am On Feb 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

^^^^^^^^
See as how Mr I.Q wan finish person ooo with his upper class english cheesy cheesy
If you are referring to grammar, I rarely write well on NL. If you are referring though to my brilliant word choice, well thanks, I would gladly accept your compliment.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chic2pimp(m): 6:52am On Feb 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

If you are referring to grammar, I rarely write well on NL. If you are referring though to my[b] brilliant word choice[/b], well thanks, I would gladly accept your compliment.
Look @ this arrogant guy ooo grin grin
I was indeed refering to your word choice.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chiogo(f): 6:53am On Feb 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

Its a city. Go and find the definition of a city. States and city are not mutually exclusive. A state is more of a political definition or categorization, while city describes urbanization and such.
lol umm, ok.  tongue
bla bla bla.  grin
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by SEFAGO(m): 7:02am On Feb 22, 2010
chiogo:

lol umm, ok.  tongue
bla bla bla.  grin

Its actually correc and you know it that's why you are doing the blah blah tongue. A state is a political entity constructed to organize a sovereignty. It usually applies to federations and such. Since the UK was never a federation at any time (I might be wrong), it would make sense that there are no states. Lagos is a city. You are looking at it from the American context in which cities are constituted within states. Don't worry I hard problem distinguishing the too when I was like age 8 or something. However Lagos is a true megacity. Its just like saying Tokyo is not a city.

chic2pimp:

Look @ this arrogant guy ooo grin grin
I was indeed refering to your word choice.

Don't mind me jorr na shakara, I dey do on the internet. I have an exam which i dont know anything about, and so I want to feel superior online. When judgement day (a.k.a my exam comes), no arrogance would save me from failing grin
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chiogo(f): 7:06am On Feb 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

Its actually correc and you know it that's why you are doing the blah blah tongue. A state is a political entity constructed to organize a sovereignty. It usually applies to federations and such. Since the UK was never a federation at any time (I might be wrong), it would make sense that there are no states. Lagos is a city. You are looking at it from the American context in which cities are constituted within states. Don't worry I hard problem distinguishing the too when I was like age 8 or something. However Lagos is a true megacity. Its just like saying Tokyo is not a city.

Don't mind me jorr na shakara, I dey do on the internet. I have an exam which i dont know anything about, and so I want to feel superior online. When judgement day (a.k.a my exam comes), no arrogance would save me from failing grin
Pheww, keep writing your essays.
I know your type, don't go study for your test. Stay here, chiogo would write it for you. tongue
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by SEFAGO(m): 7:09am On Feb 22, 2010
chiogo:

Pheww, keep writing your essays.
I know your type, don't go study for your test. Stay here, chiogo would write it for you. tongue

True see ya later
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chic2pimp(m): 7:10am On Feb 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

We thank GOD for your life oooo grin
At least you know how far  grin
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chiogo(f): 7:27am On Feb 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

True see ya later
And he's still here.

Well, I have exams too in a week and half. Never study till the day before. cool embarassed
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by SEFAGO(m): 7:32am On Feb 22, 2010
chiogo:

And he's still here.

Well, I have exams too in a week and half. Never study till the day before.  cool embarassed

See I dont do that- my exam is on friday- I started last week. I know I have to start early because I have a short attention span. I actually have a bit of an attention disorder which I struggle with and I dont take drugs for it. Its tough doing well in school when you cannot pay attention for more than 5 minutes. So I work harder than the average person. Like I can be in the library from 12pm till 5am the next day. I also a perfectionist, so if a project is not perfect I go crazy. I could spend 3hrs correcting a sentence in an English paper just to make it sound perfect.  Or I could keep reading a line in a textbook until I understand it even if that sentence is insignificant to my exam.

Anyways you are correct I have to go away.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chic2pimp(m): 7:35am On Feb 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

See I dont do that- my exam is on friday- I started last week. I know I have to start early because I have a short attention span. I actually have a bit of an attention disorder which I struggle with and I dont take drugs for it. Its tough doing well in school when you cannot pay attention for more than 5 minutes. So I work harder than the average person. Like I can be in the library from 12pm till 5am in the evening. I also a perfectionist, so if a project is not perfect I go crazy. I could spend 3hrs correcting a sentence in an English paper just to make it sound perfect.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked You too grin. Man, I do that all the time.
I try to make my essays/coursework sound just write.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by chiogo(f): 7:40am On Feb 22, 2010
SEFAGO:

See I dont do that- my exam is on friday- I started last week. I know I have to start early because I have a short attention span. I actually have a bit of an attention disorder which I struggle with and I dont take drugs for it. Its tough doing well in school when you cannot pay attention for more than 5 minutes. So I work harder than the average person. Like I can be in the library from 12pm till 5am the next day. I also a perfectionist, so if a project is not perfect I go crazy. I could spend 3hrs correcting a sentence in an English paper just to make it sound perfect.  Or I could keep reading a line in a textbook until I understand it even if that sentence is insignificant to my exam.

Bluh, it depends on the amount of material covered, I guess. You have ADD cheesy
Na you sabi with that library thing, never go there, except to pass time instead of going back to my dorm and then walking back in the cold for a discussion on the other side of campus. I do ALL my work in my room. cool

Toodles. tongue
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 23, 2010
worst city? by whose standards? please. the western world loves to type caste people so much its rediculous.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by edoyad(m): 7:16am On Feb 23, 2010
Lagos is a giant wrap of cannabis, if you think say you go enjoy an finish, heheh you go mara.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by Ademurph1(m): 5:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
is high time we investigate this so called survey.... but we the progressive promised Lagosian/Nigerian more transparency, transformation in our government... EKO ONI BAJE OOO!!!! PAY YOUR TAX!!!
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by londoner: 6:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
Well....until the many moves by the Lagos administration is glaringly obvious, all over Lagos, for even a blind man to see, Lagos will be in the supposed top ten worst cities.

When it stops satisfying the image of the African man's inability to do things right, be clean, orderly, law abiding and civilized............it will no longer be mentioned on this list or any other in fact.

As for people asking why Abuja is not mentioned, i honestly believe that the impression of Abuja does not satisfy (as much as Lagos has/does) the impression they are trying to push.

If they were to say "Abuja fifth worst city in the world"......we would all laugh it off, because it obviously isn't.
With Lagos it is debatable that is in the top ten worst.
Re: Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ by emmie14: 5:46am On Dec 03, 2017
sandee575:
Tell them "Eko oni baje"
oti oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Soludo Suspends Tax Payment For Heavy Duty, Slashes Rate For Transport Operators / Fayose: I Call On The ICC To Probe The Tenure Of The Former "Disservice Chiefs" / Ekiti 2022: I’ll Run Without Fayose’s Support – Kolapo Eleka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.