Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

A Nigerian Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Nigerian Girl (570 Views)

Canadian Parents Storm Son's Wedding To Nigerian Girl In Yoruba Attires (Photos) / Nigerian Girl With Blue Eyes From Rivers State (Photos) / 6 Places You Should Never Toast A Nigerian Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Girl by derachokolate(m): 4:27am On Aug 09, 2017
A bitter truth that doesn't need a bc, truth they say is much like pregnancy very hard to hide . An average pregnant woman after Labour has a greater joy if the result was a male . The female child is welcomed with restrained joy by Nigerian parents. The expression of joy when a girl is born shows that they would have preferred a male .

A girl-child is an intimidated and endangered specie! Right from the period of pregnancy, parents prefer to have male children. It feels good and it satisfies their egocentric nature . I can imagine the pain of a woman who waited for years to have an issue to call her own and after the long lasting period of much anticipation, high hopes, rains of insults she received, curses from the mother in law and whole lots of bad names, but eventually had a female child (in Nigeria), still had no reason to brag about (��)..

Their are cases of 15 years of marriage and at last the bundle of joy she dropped was a female.. the initial ecstasy she saw on her husband disappeares.
He(the husband) announces to the family members that gathered to hear the good news that it was only a girl!

The father-in-law or probably the mother in law had looked at the others and exclaimed “Ah! Just one and it is a girl. A male child would have solved all the problems!”

The joy that the new mother felt died with those words! "Only a girl child?

I will still ask what is wrong with that?, but the unspoken truth (answer to my question) is that the family would behave preferred a male, and that would have consolidated on her marriage which seems to be a guarantee (���)... , a man with five daughters in a Nigerian society is still labeled "childless" (lame mentality).... Nigeria which way!?

We can tell that the crimes committed and the victims holds a greater percentage on boys who where widely celebrated at birth but who cares, with a boy in the family... All is well (smh)

In Nigeria she has no right to inherit her father's property, but the uncles can If there is no boy in the family (not in my own family tho), they forget It takes both a male and a female to create a life....

From birth the females are being seen weak, and trained weak, a boy is advised to hustle from birth, and a female is being given a doll to cuddle, kitchen and homely focused (that's what makes a human Not what makes a woman), how to be a good wife, and trains her in a line that she grows thinking life is all about a man hustling and a female waiting to be married and Carterd for........ God forbid my girls wont be dependent!!!!!...

A boy is being trained to conquer, intimidate and kick around (they give him a ball from day one), and he is being taught from day one that girls are the
weaker sex and they should be under him.... He grows up with That instinct and treats every girl without regards, because he grew with the lame fact that " a girl doesn't deserve some respect"........ My boys will be better than what the society has!!!!!

Should we be surprised at the rate of sexual harassment and violations? ... Nop!!!.... We don't have to be surprised.... We should be expecting this.. It's the fruit of our Labour, when she is seen as nothing but an object of gratification.... (��)

In the work place, she doesn't deserve that top seat, if she will she has to sleep her way up (��), because she is family oriented and he is project oriented, aggressive domination and gender discrimination in a nifty way., she sets her walls and he breaks them.......... Nonsense!!!! (I will have rebellious girls)

I won't wanna talk about giving her out at tender age for marriage that should be gone with the stone age!!!!
Sometimes, it appears that Nigeria has refused to see the importance of a girl child, her education and her future. The future of great women are being destroyed by their family because of greed and lame traditions (shuuuuuu) . Politicians have used their offices as a tactics to satisfy their selfish interest, satisfying their perversion on the breasts of the innocent girl child, because she is just a tool...(smh����)

Let's help build our community, let's know that it takes a male and a female to create a life, let's train them to be independent from their early age, if she believes she doesn't need to be careterd for, she will grow up better than the boy you wished you had, their education cycle shouldnt be altered.... They are humans., they deserve respect!!, they deserve to be treated as humans....

Lets teach our boys that the females are companions not slaves, they are humans not some low lifes, let's teach our boys on how to respect and regard the opposite sex... They have a say...!

I don't know about you but I will raise rebellions, yes I will, my daughters will be what you never dreamt of, you can't intimidate them, I will raise them to be independent, highly educated, they won't be slaves.... Hell no!!! , my boys will be human enough, they will respect girls, they will regard girls.... That's humanity!!!! .....

I love and stand for gender equity, justice, fairness and impartiality gender wise!!!!!

This society sucks!!!!!
Re: A Nigerian Girl by drakespearz(m): 4:46am On Aug 09, 2017
Ok
Re: A Nigerian Girl by alfred007(m): 4:59am On Aug 09, 2017
fine
Re: A Nigerian Girl by Nobody: 5:07am On Aug 09, 2017
Op ur head dey there !!

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion... Men Deserve To Be Worshipped / Guys Love Zone / 72-year-old UK Grandma Laments Visa Denial To Nigerian Husband, 27

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.