Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

" We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) (5015 Views)

2pac Or Michael Jackson: Who Would You Want Back Alive? / Dj Vetkuk Vs Mahoota Ft. Dr. Malinga – Via Orlando Remake (uhuru Mix) / Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 7:01pm On Feb 15, 2010
This SONG is a CLASSIC!!
Dnt care wut any any Stu.pid Idiot Says!!
We should learn to deal with change, break away from the NORM!!!

all Artistes Tried on The Song!!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by CHAIRMAN1(m): 2:49am On Feb 16, 2010
God bless you Tosinaded.
It is what is killing us in this country- almost everyone has become a professional critic.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by shilling(f): 3:06am On Feb 16, 2010
eldee:

I know . . . the first one was just a song, the second was a plea.

I agree with that. Don't know why but I found it rather disturbing.

The remake is good, obviously can't be compared to the first, but it was brilliant.

I have to add though that I was shocked to hear Lil Wayne "singing", was more shocked to hear autotune and was quite worried about the whole rap thing. But, I think that reflected the world we live in today, and added some variety to the song.

What on earth was Wyclef up to, gosh!!! Emotional or not, it was funny.

Michael Jackson's part was AMAZING - words can't describe. Wasn't a fan of MJ, but seeing him in there with Janet made me sad that he's gone all over again sad sad
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 5:20am On Feb 16, 2010
i really enjoyd the 2nd song. twas really touchn! i def luvd the rap. . why? cos it made sense the lyrics were touchn. the song is a plea. . so its logical it cuts across all genres of music
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 11:52am On Feb 16, 2010
tosinaded@:

i really enjoyd the 2nd song. twas really touchn! i def luvd the rap. . why? cos it made sense the lyrics were touchn. the song is a plea. . so its logical it cuts across all genres of music

Lil wayne was told to take the solo . . . and the first thing he said was 'I don't know how to sing'. grin grin grin
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 11:56am On Feb 16, 2010
lol cheesy grin cheesy
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Amalasupe: 3:03pm On Feb 16, 2010
;d ;d
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by minute(f): 12:36am On Feb 17, 2010
Im not so keen on them doing this to classic.

Lil Wayne is suppose to be on this?! Are you serious?? undecided undecided undecided

No wonder Lionel Richie and Quincy look frustrated.I think Celine Dion sounded amazing.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 17, 2010
I "DISLIKE" THAT SONG!!!!! i hate the wrong message it gives out. . . . . . . the original "We are the world" tune was about hunger in a whole continent while this song is in support for the devastation of one tiny island.wtf!

yes, what happened to Haiti is sad but, as i remember, there has been other disasters lately that shouldnt be forgotten:
HURRICANE KATRINA
EARTHQUAKE IN CHINA
TSUNAMI IN ASIA
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 3:14am On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

I "DISLIKE" THAT SONG!!!!! i hate the wrong message it gives out. . . . . . . the original "We are the world" tune was about hunger in a whole continent while this song is in support for the devastation of one tiny island.wtf!

yes, what happened to Haiti is sad but, as i remember, there has been other disasters lately that shouldnt be forgotten:
HURRICANE KATRINA
EARTHQUAKE IN CHINA
TSUNAMI IN ASIA

So. . . .one tiny island does not matter?
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 4:28am On Feb 17, 2010
@FL gator
dont try to read between the lines. . . . . . . . . .
the disaster of Haiti matters, just as much as whichever other disaster that happened around the world.

close to 70k people died during the earthquake in Sichuan China. i dont remember any of these guys singing even a verse for them.
lets be real!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by THEAMAKA(f): 4:35am On Feb 17, 2010
^^^^
saw comments similar to yours, and you're right.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 6:00am On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@FL gator
the disaster of Haiti matters, just as much as whichever other disaster that happened around the world.

close to 70k people died during the earthquake in Sichuan China. i dont remember any of these guys singing even a verse for them.
lets be real!
Be real about what?

Jay, your comment is very strong. . . . You're going somewhere, your point? Are you trying to imply that there's an underlying issue here?
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 9:05am On Feb 17, 2010
i really find it hard to phantom how some Beings reason!!!!
very clueless in thinkn!!

we talking lives that were lost in a space of minutes!!!
for a country thats not new to hardship and pains and sufferings, for a country that cant even stand alone without a disaster!!!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 11:19am On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@FL gator

lets be real!

How illogical can you get??
Haiti is a tiny island that's already one of the poorest nations in the world, that's was struggling to stand on it's own before.
One of the worst earthquakes the world had ever seen hit them, the death toll in one day made the Jewish holocaust look like cops and robbers.

They're finding it harder to get back to their feet. . .
If your parents were buried under the rubble of your old house, would you care how self-pleasing the artists are?? Would you care if the people giving you money are driving limos?? Would you care about them 'touching a legendary song that's only second to Thriller'??

Doctors left work and went there to help, everyday people did what they can to help . . . so we should stop these artists from helping because 'they didn't do anything in other earthquakes??

The homeless five year-old on that's living in a makeshift tent doesn't care where the money comes from . . . as long as she gets food.
What's wrong with you people?? I know it's fun to find people's shortcomings . . . but do you have to take it this far??
270,000 people . . . isn't that enough to make you guys start thinking properly??
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 11:23am On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

HURRICANE KATRINA
EARTHQUAKE IN CHINA
TSUNAMI IN ASIA

The original was for Africa, because of the famine in East Africa.
That was the most pressing issue at that time . . . now I don't know if you'll be able to grasp this, but the reasonable man reckons that when 270,000 people die and a city is cleared to ground level, it should be a priority too.
Especially when the country was already one of the poorest in the world.

Check your facts hombre . . . There were songs for each and every of these natural disasters.
You wouldn't know . . . all you ever do is talk about things that happen.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2010
eldee stop wasting ur time explaining to f.ools

if u dnt like the song, go lie on an exprees road undecided
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2010
you people dont understand what i am saying so i am going to try to elaborate a little further:
natural disaster strikes in Haiti, well thats a very sad news but as we all know disasters strike all over the world dozens of times a yr. so what makes THAT event so special?!

people would say that since 200k+ people died then we should act and help the needy.
donations from governments around the world alone topped $1billion.
so my question would be: what is the buzz about this disaster that makes others around the world
insignificant?

my point is that there are natural disasters all over the world and we need to focus on them all equally.

how i would have loved to see a "we are the world Africa" remake for the:
- 220k+ people who died during the tsunami in 2004(more than 150k later died from infections etc due to that disaster) and also the 5millions who became instantly homeless.

- 138k+ people who died after the tropical cyclone in Bangladesh in 1991 and the 10million made instantly homeless(thats more than the whole population of Haiti)

- 70k/80k people who died after the Sichuan earthquake in 2008 and the 10million homeless(again thats more than the whole population of Haiti)

and the list goes on. . . . . . . . .  . . .

so my beef IS that if they have the audacity to compare "we are the world Africa" (that was made because of the millions of people who died due to the famine in east Africa in the early 80s) with the Haiti disaster THEN they should have made a "we are the world TSUNAMI", "we are the world BANGLADESH" and "we are the world CHINA" too as we can clearly see that Haiti is just another disaster like the many that has happened since "we are the world Africa" was first released.

I would be bold and say that since Haiti is so close to the US, the fear of an exodus to their shore is very frightening to say the least. nobody would want 2/3million Haitians debarking on their beaches, would they? not in recession times like these!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 4:24pm On Feb 17, 2010
quit justifying ur posts abeg!!!!!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2010
@Mrbrownjay
You're been fickle you know that??

Has it ever occured to you that the main reason We Are The World was remixed was because it was the 25th anniversary of the first song??

So we should do a We are the World remix for every disaster that happens, what do you think those U2 songs are for??

People donate for every disaster that strikes, there was an international cricket tourney with all proceeds going to relief aids, Bush's cabinet as stingy as they were dropped millions from their own income, countries stood behind them . . . Oprah used her TV show to offer assistance, NGOs were established, MTV concerts, artistes donated, I vivdly remember the World 11 V Europe 11 match that Henry came on and played 15 minutes.
All of these for the Tsunami

The internet is your friend . . . use it.

The same has been done for many other disasters, why should this one be different??
I'm sorry but you just crossed the line to stupidity and I'm not going to apologise for that.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
eldee:

@Mrbrownjay
You're been fickle you know that??
Has it ever occured to you that the main reason We Are The World was remixed was because it was the 25th anniversary of the first song??
So we should do a We are the World remix for every disaster that happens, what do you think those U2 songs are for??
People donate for every disaster that strikes, there was an international cricket tourney with all proceeds going to relief aids, Bush's cabinet as stingy as they were dropped millions from their own income, countries stood behind them . . . Oprah used her TV show to offer assistance, NGOs were established, MTV concerts, artistes donated, I vivdly remember the World 11 V Europe 11 match that Henry came on and played 15 minutes.

The internet is your friend . . . use it.

The same has been done for many other disasters, why should this one be different??
I'm sorry but you just crossed the line to stupidity and I'm not going to apologise for that.

anniversary?! isnt the song about helping people in need? what makes Haitians different than Thai, Bangladeshis or Chinese?

what U2 songs are you talking about? i have yet to see a recorded cooperation of some of the world top 100artist for any of the disaster i mentioned.

remember, i have absolutely no problem with the donation, i am saying that if people want to remake such a classic as we are the world then i think when the tsunami hit almost 20yrs after the song was first recorded then they should have come up with one. . . . . . think about it: 20 yrs anniversary of the song WE ARE THE WORLD TSUNAMI!!!!!!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2010

the guy just wan dey prove say em correct!!!

@brownjay
even if nothing was done for others, no be sumwhere dem go start
wut if they chose to start wiv this haiti earthquake?

imagine doing a remake for the disasters in the world grin cheesy
common man
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

remember, i have absolutely no problem with the donation, i am saying that if people want to remake such a classic as we are the world then i think when the tsunami hit almost 20yrs after the song was first recorded then they should have come up with one. . . . . . think about it: 20 yrs anniversary of the song WE ARE THE WORLD TSUNAMI!!!!!!

lmao, guy ure a joke!!!
so wut u want is a remake for every disaster!!!! funny as it sounds, that exactly wut your point tends towards!!!!

y do a remake for only haiti, wen there av been many other ones grin u cnt be serious
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

anniversary?! isnt the song about helping people in need? what makes Haitians different than Thai, Bangladeshis or Chinese?

what U2 songs are you talking about? i have yet to see a recorded cooperation of some of the world top 100artist for any of the disaster i mentioned.

remember, i have absolutely no problem with the donation, i am saying that if people want to remake such a classic as we are the world then i think when the tsunami hit almost 20yrs after the song was first recorded then they should have come up with one. . . . . .  think about it: 20 yrs anniversary of the song WE ARE THE WORLD TSUNAMI!!!!!!

Stop being stupid . . . you made the second most senseless statement I've ever heard on Nairaland

[center]'donations from governments around the world alone topped $1billion.
so my question would be: what is the buzz about this disaster that makes others around the world
insignificant?'
[/center]

There have been songs and concerts for other relief efforts, the best footballers in the world played for charity, MTV had the best artistes in the world host concerts,  and you have a problem with one song??

I pity the people that sent you to school. . .

tosinaded@:

Seriously, mumu pass mumu . . . but na only ofoka mumu pass this one grin grin
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2010
tosinaded@:

@brownjay
even if nothing was done for others, no be sumwhere dem go start
wut if they chose to start wiv this haiti earthquake?
imagine doing a remake for the disasters in the world grin cheesy
common man

its not about people being right or wrong , its about people having their own views about a subject.
if i dont like the remake of this song and the message behind it then i have the right to say it.
or should we all like the song just because you say so?!

there has been many disasters around the world since 1985, some even worst than Haiti.
if they wanted to use such a classic then they had many opportunities to do so in the past.

tosinaded@:

lmao, guy ure a joke!!!
so wut u want is a remake for every disaster!!!! funny as it sounds, that exactly wut your point tends towards!!!!

YES I DO. . . . . . . .  
wouldnt you want a song for Bangladesh if you had a loved one buried under the gravel there?!
wouldnt you want a song for Tsunami if you had a loved one buried under the gravel there?!
wouldnt you want a song for Sichuan if you had a loved one buried under the gravel there?!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2010
@eldee
dont worry, i am not goint to lower myself to your level by insulting you as i know that people start insulting when they have no intelligent words to make their views.

back to topic:

every disaster around the world get donations, thats a fact and this is not what my posts are about. my point is NOT every disaster gets a "we are the world".

so how do the people decide that one is better than the other to get a song?!
is it the death toll? probably not because more people have died in other disasters!
is it the era? tsunami was almost 20yrs to the day after the original so it should have been a song too!

so what is the basis of making such a song?!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 5:14pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

every disaster around the world get donations, thats a fact. my point is NOT every disaster gets a "we are the world".

i smell confusion!!!

MRbrownJAY:

its not about people being right or wrong , its about people having their own views about a subject.
[b]if i dont like the remake of this song and the message behind it then i have the right to say it.[/b]or should we all like the song just because you say so?!

there has been many disasters around the world since 1985, some even worst than Haiti.
if they wanted to use such a classic then they had many opportunities to do so in the past.

i can comprehend u not iking a remake, but not liking the message shocked shocked are u Human??
wut matters is not the song, but how much can be made for such disaster zones!!!!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Genuflect(m): 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2010
MrBrown, stop reducing my IQ with these your posts na
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@eldee
dont worry, i am not goint to lower myself to your level by insulting you as i know that people start insulting when they have no intelligent words to make their views.

back to topic:

every disaster around the world get donations, thats a fact. my point is NOT every disaster gets a "we are the world".

so how do the people decide that one is better than the other to get a song?!
is it the death toll? probably not because more people have died in other disasters!
is it the era? tsunami was 20yrs after the original so it should have been a song too!

so what is the basis of making such a song?!

So now it's no more about the 'buzz' placed on this disaster, it's now about the song??
You see why I can't stop questioning your IQ??

Aiite . . . why did the famine in Ethopia get a 'We Are The World'??
Haven't there being many other bigger disasters??

Your points are baseless, and your IQ is on the unbelievable . . . wasting logical words on you will be demeaning.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 5:20pm On Feb 17, 2010
Genuflect:

MrBrown, stop reducing my IQ with these your posts na

I thought it was just me . . . cheesy cheesy

This is one of those shocking cases of idiocy . . . infact I fear when when I see the post grin grin
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2010
grin cheesy grin cheesy

thats wut happens wen proving a baseless point
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 17, 2010
tosinaded@:

i can comprehend u not iking a remake, but not liking the message shocked shocked   are u Human??
wut matters is not the song, but how much can be made for such disaster zones!!!!

the message of "lets all gather and make a song for Haiti" while when the Tsunami hit, nobody thought that it was necessary to make a song for that disaster. use your own brain to understand the message.

if there are still people out there who dont know about the Haiti earthquake then they must be in lala land. everybody knows about it, everybody knows about how to donate and everybody knows the devastation that happened. . . . . . . . . . . . .  just like all the other disasters. the only difference is that ONE song that is making this disaster seems different than the others when its NOT.

i like the part when you post about "what can be made for such disaster zones"
yes and also what should be equally made for ALL other disaster zones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback: Fada U-turn Ft. Pasuma - Yetunde / Download Mp3 :- Richie Boi Ft. Kizz Daniel - Good Loving (cover / Bukunmi Oluwasina – You Are Me Soundtracks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.