Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

My Toyota Camry2002model ''envelope'' Is Not Starting After Over-heating - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Toyota Camry2002model ''envelope'' Is Not Starting After Over-heating (1041 Views)

My Toyota Corolla's Brain Box Has Been Stolen! / My Toyota Corolla For Uber Was Vandalized Yesterday / Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Toyota Camry2002model ''envelope'' Is Not Starting After Over-heating by Habisoye: 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
Please help me Nairalanders.

I was driving all the way from Lekki to my house @yaba with wife and kids when my car brake start galloping on surulere bridge, so i forcefully match the brake till it eventually stopped.
i immediately opened the bonnet and realize it was overheating, so i waited for it to cool and put in water after about 20mins.
After this, it refuse to start and the fan was rolling.

We were still there around 10pm, then a govt towing truck parked by and offered to tow my vehicle to my house but with 10k and i asked why, shebi it was supposed to be free towing vehicle for public help. so i just had to let him go and left the vehicle at one car-selling point and gave the security 1k.

Now mechanic has been on my car since lastweek friday and his effort is proofing abortive, this is my mechanic which i use all the time.
First day, he said it was the gasket which i had to give him 25k & to do change of engine oil at the same time. but the car still didn't start.
second day, he said he will have to hire a re-wire to come work on it and i gave him 5k again for that. still the car refuse to start.
Fourth day(monday), he said he will have to change the brain box and this cost 20k. at this point i said he should try the brain box first and if it works then i will pay the 20k.
Fifth day which was yesterday, he told the seller to bring the brain-box and once it works, we will pay him the 20k.
Today, they're still on the car and it still not working as at the last time he called me.
Now, he said the new rewire and himself are working on the car presently.

Please intelligent people in the house, what can i do. I'm tired.
This is the first time this car will be given me issue since I've been using it.
please help me o.

Information just reaching me now that the re-wire brought a machine which was used to test the car and it was discovered that it's not the brain box again, but cylinder...lol

The mechanic said it will take him 3-days to buy a new cylinder and fix, but he hasn't given me the cost yet for that.

What do you guys advise?
Re: My Toyota Camry2002model ''envelope'' Is Not Starting After Over-heating by spartan117(m): 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
Autojosh what's ur take or do u only deal with super cars grin
Re: My Toyota Camry2002model ''envelope'' Is Not Starting After Over-heating by nurey(m): 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2017
Habisoye:
Please help me Nairalanders.

I was driving all the way from Lekki to my house @yaba with wife and kids when my car brake start galloping on surulere bridge, so i forcefully match the brake till it eventually stopped.
i immediately opened the bonnet and realize it was overheating, so i waited for it to cool and put in water after about 20mins.
After this, it refuse to start and the fan was rolling.

We were still there around 10pm, then a govt towing truck parked by and offered to tow my vehicle to my house but with 10k and i asked why, shebi it was supposed to be free towing vehicle for public help. so i just had to let him go and left the vehicle at one car-selling point and gave the security 1k.

Now mechanic has been on my car since lastweek friday and his effort is proofing abortive, this is my mechanic which i use all the time.
First day, he said it was the gasket which i had to give him 25k & to do change of engine oil at the same time. but the car still didn't start.
second day, he said he will have to hire a re-wire to come work on it and i gave him 5k again for that. still the car refuse to start.
Fourth day(monday), he said he will have to change the brain box and this cost 20k. at this point i said he should try the brain box first and if it works then i will pay the 20k.
Fifth day which was yesterday, he told the seller to bring the brain-box and once it works, we will pay him the 20k.
Today, they're still on the car and it still not working as at the last time he called me.
Now, he said the new rewire and himself are working on the car presently.

Please intelligent people in the house, what can i do. I'm tired.
This is the first time this car will be given me issue since I've been using it.
please help me o.

Information just reaching me now that the re-wire brought a machine which was used to test the car and it was discovered that it's not the brain box again, but cylinder...lol

The mechanic said it will take him 3-days to buy a new cylinder and fix, but he hasn't given me the cost yet for that.

What do you guys advise?

I will first put the blame on you for not towing the car home to be fixed and rather doing what we term remote assistance in computer engineering.

Then i will blame the mechanic if he cannot fix ordinary toyota engine then he should rather focus on bajaj and TVS and leave vehicle fixing to serious minded people.

overheating is a serious issue especially if the car went off by itself (You didnt notice too early) The engine could have been damaged beyond repair means you need to rebuild or buy a new engine. What has overheating got to do with brain box

1. Check the engine components if they are still intact
2. Spark plugs too incase they were soaked with abomination during the overheating period
3. Check all fuses and fuel supply
4. Hope he used the original gasket and hope it is one not double gasket this is where you need to check for compression
5. If the engine is damaged, just buy a new engine to avoid headaches cause a bad gasket job is a no job done

goodluck
Re: My Toyota Camry2002model ''envelope'' Is Not Starting After Over-heating by SpeedGod: 2:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
Call me: 08187421829. I might help you solve it. Had similar challenge. Cheers.
Re: My Toyota Camry2002model ''envelope'' Is Not Starting After Over-heating by zinaunreal(m): 4:05pm On Aug 10, 2017
Had thesame issue about overheating. Toyota solara 2002. Tho i was careless. I forgot to properly close the radiator cover. Gasket was replaced. Car started like it should but the mech said i was lucky that my coil didnt have any issues. Check if all your coils are good. Mine eventually gave out after two weeks. I had to replace them for the sum of 18k

(1) (Reply)

3 In1original Car-paper 24hrs(auto Reg,3rd Party Ìns & Road Worthiness 8-12k / Looking For A Good Mechanic Around Ogba Area / 10 Brand New Production Cars To Expect In The 2018 Geneva Motor Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.