Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Theory X--- A Crime Thriller - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Theory X--- A Crime Thriller (38212 Views)

CI / LONE WOLF By Onyeama Victor (crime Thriller) / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by moseph(f): 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
Wow,am not a fan of crime stories but i am loving every piece of this story.kudos@duch12
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by amikeem(m): 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2017
Gbege! E don happen.
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by duch12(m): 12:13am On Oct 28, 2017
Episode 35

"Hello mum." Hillary said and sniffed.
"I told you to stay out of this but you refused,now see what you have caused. The others are of the opinion we kill you and I can't deny them their request;I warned you to stay clear after all."
"You traitor!" Teyana yelled pointing her gun at her. They heard sound of gun loading;they were surrounded by gun fully armed.
"No Teyana,I will handle this. Get Doctor Jonah out of here and tell Tom to initialize the stuff." Hillary whispered to Teyana. She stared at him,he nodded and smiled. She turned and walked out.
"You're loyal to your friends,I see."
"Not just to my friends but to my country men and women unlike you disgusting people that have nothing but selfish motives. What baffles me is that the goddamn president of the country is a member of your demonic fraternity. I hate all of you and will stop at nothing to bring you down." Hillary yelled at the top of his voice looking around. His eyes fell on the president who sat three seats away from where Hillary mum was. He had a killer look on his face;a look that could melt down something.
"You know I can just kill you right away." Hillary's mum said bring out a gun and pointing it at him.
"I know you won't;you don't have the gut to shot me. I am your only son,your weakness." Hillary uttered staring into his mother's eyes. She sighed and shook her head.
"You're mistaken dear son,I am not your mother,I just helped your father raised you and your sister." Hillary raised his eyebrows awed,what is his mother saying? No,it can't be true. He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by his mother: "Twenty nine years ago,I was involved in a car accident that affected my womb. The doctor said I will never be able to get pregnant ever in my life. You father loved me and so do I. We found someone that will get pregnant and bear children for your father. Your father began falling in love with your mother and I killed him then had your mother sent to the psychiatric,so don't be too happy,I can and will kill you."
"No,that's not possible." Hillary struggled to say.
Inside the hall began rotating. It can't be possible,she is just saying it to get into his head. She is his mother no matter what. He stood numbed,staring at her but his mind was not in the room. He was brought back to reality by the sound of gun shot. There was a gun in his mother's hand and it was pointed towards him. He slowly looked down at himself and discovered he had been shot. His eyes bulged in surprise, he raised his head and glanced at her,where she stood. There was a dreaded look of evil in her eyes. He put his hand over the wound and raised his hand to his eyes level. He looked at his blood stained hand then at his mother.
"Hillary,we will take down the power generator now then initiate the chloroform. Make sure you cover your nose and run out immediately. The hotel will be blown off in two minutes." He heard Leo's voice say in the earplug.
He stared at his mother who was still pointing the gun at him. The light went off and he bent moved away immediately. He heard sound of gun shot. The air became thick and he quickly covered his nose. He jogged towards the door and ran out towards the staircase. He was praying in his mind as he continued running,jumping some of the stairs. The pain in his chest became unbearable,he began slowing down and collapsed just near the back door. He manage to crawled to the door,there was a loud blast that shattered things to shreds.

2 Likes

Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by saxwizard(m): 5:22am On Oct 28, 2017
ghen gheun

wat will happen next I really want to know nice job op
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by Lildiamond: 7:57am On Oct 28, 2017
The woman is pure evil
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by Damibiz(m): 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
I doubt if those people are death..Nigerian politicians hv a way of escaping thing even death...like our Pre,make i no talk
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by Ayoshewa12(f): 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
Nice update.
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by loverboi97(m): 8:49am On Oct 30, 2017
Oh My
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by ERF: 1:14pm On Nov 01, 2017
Mr Duch. welldone oo.. we are waiting for you oo
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by ibrahimpasha16(m): 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2017
nice. written very well.
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by amikeem(m): 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
Oya now time is going now[code][/code]
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by saxwizard(m): 8:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
duch12 hope all is well
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by duch12(m): 11:37am On Nov 11, 2017
Sorry for the delay guys. Here is the last part of the story.

Episode 36

Teyana came out of the car and sauntered towards the entrance. She pushed the glass door and entered. She bumped into a lady,said a quick sorry and hurried down the hallway to the ward. She heard someone call her name and turned to see who it was;it was Leo and Arnav. She smiled at them as they walk towards her.
"Hey." Leo said as they hug.
"How are you doing Leo?" She asked tapping him on the back. She winked at Arnav as their eyes met.
"I am doing good Tee." Leo replied as they break away from the hug.
"Hey Arnav." She said hugging Arnav.
"Tee,how are you doing?"
"Good." She nodded. They stood quiet,staring at each other. She put her hands in her pocket and bit her lower lips nervously. She sighed and smiled,looking side way.
"How is he doing?" Leo asked.
"Fine,he will be fine." She nodded. "The surgery is going to take place in two hours."
"Hey guys." Tom said from behind. They turned and looked at him. "I am sorry I came late."
"It's ok." Teyana said smiling. Tom shook hands with Arnav and Leo then hugged Teyana.
"How is Jonah?" Tom asked.
"We just arrived." Arnav replied and sneered.
"Shall we go inside?" Leo asked.
"Of course." Teyana said and led the way to Doctor Jonah's ward.
She knocked lightly on the door,turned the knob,pushed the door open and stepped in;others followed suit. Doctor Jonah was just coming out from the toilet when they entered the ward. There was an eye patch over his affected eye. He smiled at them,closed the toilet door and shuffled to the bed then sat down.
"Look who we have here!" Doctor Jonah said happily.
"How are you doing dude?" Tom asked shaking hands with Doctor Jonah.
"I doing good bro. Arnav,Leo,how are you guys doing?" Doctor Jonah asked shaking Arnav and Leo.
"We are fine." The duo replied.
Doctor Jonah turned to Teyana and smiled. "Hey baby girl." She bent forward,towards him and kissed him on the lip. Arnav coughed mischievously while Leo and Tom looked away,smiling.
"How was you night?" Teyana asked in a whisper.
"Well,as you can I am doing great. I just missed you,that's all." He replied and winked. She kissed him then sat beside him.
"Has the doctor arrived yet?" Teyana asked.
"Yes,he came few minutes ago." Doctor Jonah replied turning to face Teyana.
"What did he say?"
"Nothing. He just came to say hi." He shrugged.
"You're nervous. I can sense it from your voice."
"I won't lie,I am." He nodded.
"Don't be,everything is going to be fine. It is just a correctional surgery that's all."
"Ok." He smiled.
They heard a knock and turned to face the door to see who it was. The door knob turned slowly and the door opened. Hillary stepped in with a smile on his face. His beard had grown fuller and thicker. He stood by the door and looked into their eyes. He sighed the walked in,leaping on on leg.
"Hello everyone." He said standing in front of Arnav. He shook hands with all of them.
"Hey Hillary." They said. He went and sat on a chair beside the bed.
"How are you all doing? It has been a while." He said looking at them.
"We have been doing fine." Leo replied,sniffing.
"That's cool. And you my friend," He turned to Doctor Jonah. "How are you?"
"I am doing fine also,just nervous about the surgery." Doctor Jonah said and shrugged.
"I was nervous too when I went under the knife,but it will be fine."
"How is your leg?" Teyana asked.
"Well," Hillary said,bent forward and roll up one of the legs of his trouser,revealing an artificial leg. "I am getting used to it day by day;it is adventitious."
"Wow. And it doesn't pain you?" Tom asked,peering.
"At the initial stage,it does but I am getting used to it now." Hillary giggled.
He removed his shoe to reveal the rest of the leg then began turning it around,looking at the others as they look with full attention. He stopped after sometimes,wore back his shoe and roll down the trouser then sat back on the chair. There was an awkward silence that lasted for almost thirty minutes;each person was left to their thought. Two nurses came in to prepare Doctor Jonah for the surgery;the others went out and stood outside. Doctor Jonah was later wheeled out of the ward to the operation room.
Teyana went and sat beside Hillary on the pew outside the operation room. She place her hand on his lap and gently squeezed them,smiling. Hillary faced her and smiled. "How are you dear friend,we couldn't talk much inside the ward."
"I am coping,I am seeing a therapist now."
"That's good." There was a minute silent. "I am sorry to intrude,any news about your mum? I mean your biological mum?"
He sighed. "Not yet,I will start searching for her when I returned back to Nigeria. You know it is impossible to do that while I am here."
"And your sister? How did she take the news?"
"She is still in shock,she couldn't believe the woman we have been calling mother for years is actually not our mother and she could be that evil." He said and looked away;there was pain in his voice.
"I am sorry." She said pitifully.
"No you shouldn't,I am glad we are able to stop those evil people from bringing down our nation down. You know what,election is slated for next month and I was honored to speak to the people of Nigeria a day to the election." He said happily.
"You deserve it Hillary. You are a hero who sacrificed his love,friends and everything for his country. Any country will be proud to have you as it citizen."
Jamil and Jasmine came to his mind immediately. He bow his head and smiled painfully. Two trails of tears ran down his tears and he quickly wiped them with the back of his palm. He excused himself and went to the rest room. He sat on the seat inside one of the toilet and covered his face with his hand and let out a low,heart piercing cry. He didn't know how long he was in the toilet. He cried the sorrow away then went out and washed his face. Teyana was dozing off when he returned. He sat beside her and put her head on his shoulder. She opened her eyes and closed it when she saw it was him.

"Good morning fellow country men and women. It is an honor to stand today and talk to you. Our country has pass through series of trial and tribulation in recent months in form of terrorist attack carried out by some people whom we trusted with our lives. A conspiracy was planned by some selfish people to bring our dear and beloved country Nigeria down to her knees but by the grace of God,the sacrifices of some people,we were able to stop them and their plan failed. They tried separating us by bring up our differences in politics,that failed,they tried religion and tribes,that failed also and their plan to divide us by war also failed. In unity we stand,our diversity is the unique feature that bind us together as a nation. If God wanted,He would have created us as one nation with same language,one religion and one race but He didn't. He created us into different tribes,religion and race so as to live with each other,understand each other and tolerate each other irrespective of our differences. If we could learn to leave the lives of ants who work together,support and care for each other irrespective of body size,colour and ability to work,our lives would be better so will our society. No nation can be destroyed if it stand together;not by bombs or plans by evil people. Tomorrow we will witness the making of a new history. God saved us from the plans of the evil people not because we are better than those nations that perish as a result of war,but because he wants us to have a new,beautiful restart. We shouldn't vote people because they belong to our political party,religion or tribe,but because they are credible. We should take away the prejudice,hate,bigotry and fanaticism in our heart and Nigeria will forever be great and indivisible. Thank you. God bless you and God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria."

2 Likes

Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by Damibiz(m): 11:54am On Nov 11, 2017
That sound like a closing remark..i jst hope e nava finish ?nice work
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by omobs(m): 12:08pm On Nov 11, 2017
Nice one, nice story
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by duch12(m): 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2017
Damibiz:
That sound like a closing remark..i jst hope e nava finish ?nice work

Should I continue? It might get boring somehow.
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by Lildiamond: 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
duch12:

pls continue, I love this story
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by dimssy(m): 8:45pm On Nov 11, 2017
I almost missed the party...Nice one op..

Please do continue
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by saxwizard(m): 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2017
i commend your effort

weldone bro ...

.guys another party is on going

host: DUCH12

venue : https://www.nairaland.com/4134289/borno

you don't want to miss out
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by duch12(m): 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
Lildiamond:
pls continue, I love this story
I might do a part two
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by duch12(m): 10:44pm On Nov 11, 2017
saxwizard:
i commend your effort . .

weldone bro ...

.guys another party is on going
host: DUCH12

venue : https://www.nairaland.com/4134289/borno

you don't want to miss out

Thank you bro
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by Damibiz(m): 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2017
It does't hv to end like that na haba
duch12:

Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by saxwizard(m): 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
duch12:

.if you would like to continue abeg take your time to write the story .... no rush am
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by duch12(m): 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2017
saxwizard:

.if you would like to continue abeg take your time to write the story .... no rush am

Ok
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by BlackAce31(m): 11:49am On Nov 13, 2017
I like your work but if I am to be very honest, your storyline is great it really is but you really need to work on delivery more. There were some grammatical errors and inconsistency that I spotted. You might also need to give your characters some identity like REAL LIFE identity. Every being has flaws and weaknesses but your characters don't. It seems everyone is either good or bad. You might also need to employ direct speeches more. It might make for some more interesting narration. BTW I've been on some few story sites and most writers, even though amateur, have editors and I think you should too cos you are one great storyteller (or at least your idea is). Anyways all these are my opinion though.
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by BlackAce31(m): 11:50am On Nov 13, 2017
Overall it is a nice piece of work
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by duch12(m): 1:52pm On Nov 13, 2017
BlackAce31:
I like your work but if I am to be very honest, your storyline is great it really is but you really need to work on delivery more. There were some grammatical errors and inconsistency that I spotted. You might also need to give your characters some identity like REAL LIFE identity. Every being has flaws and weaknesses but your characters don't. It seems everyone is either good or bad. You might also need to employ direct speeches more. It might make for some more interesting narration. BTW I've been on some few story sites and most writers, even though amateur, have editors and I think you should too cos you are one great storyteller (or at least your idea is). Anyways all these are my opinion though.
Thank you,will work on it.
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by loverboi97(m): 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2017
cry Is Dis D End?
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by duch12(m): 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2017
loverboi97:
cry Is Dis D End?
Sadly,yes. There might be a sequel.
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 18, 2017
Nice story duch12, I'm glad it ended well. For once I thought Dr Jonah was dead and Hillary too.
But anyway keep it up. you're the bomb. And please whenever you're about to start the sequel, don't forget to mention me or let me know.

THANKS.

#XAVIER.

1 Like

Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by duch12(m): 3:13am On Nov 18, 2017
preciousuweh:
Nice story duch12, I'm glad it ended well. For once I thought Dr Jonah was dead and Hillary too.
But anyway keep it up. you're the bomb. And please whenever you're about to start the sequel, don't forget to mention me or let me know.

THANKS.

#XAVIER.
No p. Thank you
Re: Theory X--- A Crime Thriller by Lildiamond: 11:45am On Nov 18, 2017
I love your story a lot. I'm happy Hilary survived

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ghost-full / Top 10 Nairaland Stories To Enjoy Today / Maa Mi (a Poem For Women Of Substance Out There) By Badiru Kehinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.