Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine (63533 Views)

100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by cstr1000: 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

Obviously, people like you have not been taught how to disagree politely with people, without being disagreeable or engaging in name-calling. sad

Firstly, If a person has a superior logic to your own, or better facts at his disposal than you do, doesn't it make sense to adopt that logic or adhere to those facts? Now, if you are suffering from Stockholm's syndrome, since you alluded to it, I suggest you seek help to treat your condition before it is too late.

Secondly, what makes you think that all writers are infallible? shocked Aren't they human beings that could make mistakes in their research and articles?

Finally, I am not Edo, and I do not know what gave you that idea. Kindly provide solid, incontrovertible proof to show that Laudate is Edo. While you are at it, please provide the name of his village, local govt area and traditional ruler. Every correct answer gets 20 marks. undecided
Sorry, i don't respect you one whit.
You can't give useless, ignorant and tribalized posts like yours and expect me to answer you like a professor.
If you want to be tribalistic, then base it on irrefutable facts like i do.

2 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 7:47pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ikechuob:
It's not they behave like people with inferiority complrx. They do have inferority complex. It's not just igbos they do it to, they do it to everyone. It's pathetic as well!!!!!

Heck didn't the coward yoloba wey claim himself as non yoruba aka laudate classify the author as Igbo simply because his acute inferiority complex just couldn't fathom how a non igbo would not follow his yoloba propaganda. Worst trying to discredit the author by accusing him off poor research yet can't produce not one single evidence to accuse him of poor research other giving us a yoruba name and claiming the yoruba was richer than ojukwu yet nothing to support it other him and other yoloba saying it. Another providing a blog and others quoting articles and immediately they dismiss it because it's "Nigerian news article" grin grin. Truly truly pathetic as hell.

Reading their cries is just hilarious as Bleep. They should expand the cries to Forbes as well.
Your rants are not just ridiculous, but totally pathetic. undecided If you were not so pained by the comments that were made, you would not have embarked on this long, meaningless rant. And if my own comments had not upset and rattled you so much, you would not have mentioned my moniker, especially since I did not direct any of my posts to you. sad Yes, I mentioned the fact that the writer did not do adequate research on the subject, before it was published. Why does it offend you so much? Was it because he was called an Igbo writer? Is it derogatory to call a journalist, an Igbo writer? shocked

Finally, there are over 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria. Unfortunately, you have been programmed to regard anyone who does not share your point of view, as a Yoruba man. So kindly provide solid, incontrovertible proof to show that Laudate is Yoruba. While you are at it, please provide the name of his village, local govt area and traditional ruler. Every correct answer gets 20 marks. undecided

3 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
cstr1000:

Sorry, i don't respect you one whit.
You can't give useless, ignorant and tribalized posts like yours and expect me to answer you like a professor.
If you want to be tribalistic, then base it on irrefutable facts like i do.
Please when did I ever ask for your respect? shocked What makes you think you are that important? I merely pointed out that you lacked the ability to disagree constructively, with someone who does not share your viewpoint. Now, if you have nothing of value to add to the topic at hand, kindly swerve and stop alleging tribalism just because someone chose to disagree with your perspective. sad

3 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
sangresan:
That gal has a problem...And I have noticed that some folks easily turn issues into ethnic debates.
The piece was poorly written....When you are making allusions to wealth,you have to give an estimation...
True! wink

3 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Ofemannnu: 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

Yes, as that article was written for Forbes by an Igbo writer, and was devoid of any factual research whatsoever. undecided It was just a fluffy PR piece.
Ojukus and fake assertions without data grin

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Primebuilders(m): 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
louqas:
False News
ijebu has more billionaires than any other town in Nigeria.

Proudly yoruba

Those ijebu millionaire what are they into. Forbes consider only those that have real businesses on ground not money gotten illegally or stollen

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by oglalasioux(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2017
GoldNiagara:

20% powder!

Might be. Every society has it's bad eggs. Igbo is no exception. If 80% are doing genuine business then we are good.
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 9:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
PrecisionFx:
'' Nnewi, with a little over two million residents,''

Mbanu bros, not 2 million.
What is the correct estimate?
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 9:04pm On Aug 11, 2017
StOla:
Don't worry, I don't need to claim what is already mine.

But the same federal government makes so much money from Lagos.

Like all other states, Lagos state got federal allocations to use for its own good.

Has Lagos State collapsed since the capital moved to Abuja?

Capital or not, oil money or not, Lagos was favoured by nature to be great, so the greatness before oil will continue even after oil.

And nobody has denied that Lagos/Eko and not Lagos State was a satellite kingdom of the Benin Empire. But the native inhabitants have and will always be Yoruba.

That same Lagos/Eko is less than 15% of the present size of Lagos State created from the Western Region in 1967.

You are so right, bro.' May Lagos continue to be great! cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Ofemannnu: 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

You are so right, bro.' May Lagos continue to be great! cheesy
Amen jare...Lagos including the small Eko the Benin came to will always be Yorubaland and there is nothing anybody can do about it. grin

olori pelebe can go the ojuku style..

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by louqas: 11:26pm On Aug 11, 2017
P0intBlank:

There were no comparisons here. The thread was created to celebrate Nnewi. But since you've decided to make comparisons, don't mention a few. If you want to support your claims mention at least eleven

Nobody wants to do any comparison, my aim was to derail the thread because thats what you all are fond of doing. When an educating piece is put up on nairaland , the next thing is for you to start reading ethnic and religious meaning to it....... the thread wasn't created to celebrate Nnewi but in furtherance of the ongoing "silent" war of superiority between the Igbos and other nigerians especially the Yoruba and Hausa....... because everyone knows Nnewi is home of billionaires so what'the need for it?

I know why you all are so intent of making everyone believe (and those who don't want to peacefully will be forced , intimidated and harassed to ) that the east has something to offer ......... its because you have failed in all aspect of human endeavour and have little brain compared to those you hate so much...... in other words....INFEINFERIORITY COMPLEX. that is the greatest problem of the igbo man.

2 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
Langbasa:
you are a fool
And you're a bigger one.

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Ikechuob: 3:34am On Aug 12, 2017
laudate:

Your rants are not just ridiculous, but totally pathetic. undecided If you were not so pained by the comments that were made, you would not have embarked on this long, meaningless rant. And if my own comments had not upset and rattled you so much, you would not have mentioned my moniker, especially since I did not direct any of my posts to you. sad Yes, I mentioned the fact that the writer did not do adequate research on the subject, before it was published. Why does it offend you so much? Was it because he was called an Igbo writer? Is it derogatory to call a journalist, an Igbo writer? shocked

Finally, there are over 250 ethnic groups in Nigeria. Unfortunately, you have been programmed to regard anyone who does not share your point of view, as a Yoruba man. So kindly provide solid, incontrovertible proof to show that Laudate is Yoruba. While you are at it, please provide the name of his village, local govt area and traditional ruler. Every correct answer gets 20 marks. undecided

What offense did I take? Since my first post on this thread I stated it LOUDLY that you yoruba, yes you are YORUBA, no matter how much you are ashamed of the savage ancestry of yours that you lots have the biggest inferority complex in the entire nation based on your pitiful behaviors when non yoruba are,praised. You lots ended up proving me accurate yet again. So why would I or anyone at that take offense to a behavior that is so common among you lots. It is your generational inferority complex been displayed as usual. The only thing is you lots shouldn't stop it on NL, take it to Forbes as well. I'm sure they would like to here your cries.

What is it that you disproved other than crying throughout this page without ZERO tangible evidence to support your accusation of the author's "poor research".

You went from crying that the author is igbo...where did you prove he is indeed Igbo hence his article? NONE
To crying that a unknown yoloba was richer than Ojukwu at his time...what evidence did you provide to support that claim? NONE
To crying about the borrowed car wasn't ojukwu's..where did you provide evidence to support that? None. Heck your inferority complex tribesmen took up a notion to dismissing evidence given to them as "Nigerian media" just to cry us a river.
So deep in pain, you even went to insulting Forbes editorial practice.

Like I said INFERORITY COMPLEX to the max for your entire clan and that's normal as heck with y'all.

The only person on this entire forum who believe you're a non yoruba is yourself and your clans men needing desperately for allies. You're ENTIRE HISTORY post tells us exactly what region you hail from despite your shameful of it. If you like tell us how many tribes are in Nigeria, ask questions about your grandmama, even questions about your ancestors down to when you crawled out from the cave... you are from one tribe and we all know WTF it is because you single handily made that sh1t obvious as Bleep. You've denied being from north, middle belt, SS, SE and SW grin grin grin grin grin you must be an alien den. Funny enough, the only set of demons who do what you do hilariously enough hail from one region aka South West. Funny enough the only set of people clueless on other names found in other regions is predominately your clan with very limited geography knowledge hence your disgraceful display of thinking the author name is an igbo name. Typical of Afonja like yourself. Come on ask me me more question..ask me when your Afonja father bleeped your Afonja mother.

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by IkpuMmadu: 6:03am On Aug 12, 2017
allrightsir:

If you lived in the west, the richest man you knew in those days was fajemirokun, if you lived in the east it was ojukwu because understandably the east is a very insulated place and they dont know who Fajemirokun was. That Ojukwu was known in the west and his wealth wasnt the stuff of legend like Fajemirokun would have me beleive that Fajemirokun was probably wealthier, that said what does it matter, is there any difference between Dangote and Adenuga? They are both dead and their wealth hasnt grown from one generation to another like the Fords and Walmart Dynasties.

Cry that to Forbes
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by IkpuMmadu: 6:11am On Aug 12, 2017
XKZ:

Are you saying Forbes doesn't have an editorial policy? No standards?
Any Mass Comm graduate can have an article published there? Like Nairaland?
Doesn't the fact that they published it mean they endorse it?
If someone has genuine grounds to question the article who would he sue?
And if an apology or retraction is due who would be responsible?

Can you shut up...not any idiot can publish in Forbes....the are thorough media house..one if the finest ever known to mankind in terms of wealth reporting

Stop this madness
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by maskid(m): 7:40am On Aug 12, 2017
chai!!!! tribalism has finished the youths

SMH

i'm out
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by SirMazi: 7:41am On Aug 12, 2017
allrightsir:

you are a slowpoke, I never said it was an official site. It's a (non-Nigerian) site for rolls and bentley geeks, these people know more than Bentley themselves to the extent of quoting the chasis no. They have no affilation with Nigeria or Nigerians, so their info in unciased the only reason this car is of significance to them is because 1) it's a one off car i.e there are no 2 like it and 2) the queen rode in it. You can engage in a shouting and insult match or you can deal with the facts. The facts are there for those who are interested in facts. The car was so historically significant, SLS had it restored.

http://www.chrislees.co.uk/restorations.htm

https://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/news/general-news/2013-08/image-of-queens-rolls-royce-takes-exhibition-centre-stage/

If people who deal in facts say the car belongd to the late Enir of Kano, then I beleive them over a bunch of people whose history has always been based on an unexposed people sitting down by the fire in their remote village telling lies to their children. Ojukwu jnr for instance was a bastard child...it's there in the British intelligence files on Nigeria

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/02/26/americas-secret-files-on-ojukwu-2/

"“he (Ojukwu) suffers from Hitler-like megalomania”.

Akinjide explained to Strong that as a child, Ojukwu was rejected because his father strongly denied that he was solely responsible for the pregnancy that led to him, arguing that other mysterious force or forces may have been at work as well. His mother, claimed Akinjide, was a mistress his multimillionaire father, Sir Louis Ojukwu, acquired on one of his business trips to the North. Being a devout Catholic, Sir Louis refused to keep the boy in his house in Lagos, preferring to send him back to the North, where he was born and where his mother made a living as a trader. Ojukwu, like Nnamdi Azikiwe, was born in Zungeru, in the present day Niger State."

"As the boy grew up, friends of the business mogul prevailed on him to recognise him as a son. According to Akinjide, Sir Loius agreed to do so, but the boy became something of an embarrassment to him, the reason for which he sent him to school in England, where he made it into Oxford University."
You were talking about car,the next thing you have jumped into Ojukwu biography.... Bad belle
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by SirMazi: 7:53am On Aug 12, 2017
allrightsir:

IActually it occurred to me and I beleive I said as such in my earlier posts. I was argiungt the poin that the car in the photo was not Ojukwu's car
Just see your life outside box18
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
laudate:
What is the correct estimate?

550k or less.

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by P0intBlank(m): 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2017
louqas:

Nobody wants to do any comparison, my aim was to derail the thread because thats what you all are fond of doing. When an educating piece is put up on nairaland , the next thing is for you to start reading ethnic and religious meaning to it....... the thread wasn't created to celebrate Nnewi but in furtherance of the ongoing "silent" war of superiority between the Igbos and other nigerians especially the Yoruba and Hausa....... because everyone knows Nnewi is home of billionaires so what'the need for it?

I know why you all are so intent of making everyone believe (and those who don't want to peacefully will be forced , intimidated and harassed to ) that the east has something to offer ......... its because you have failed in all aspect of human endeavour and have little brain compared to those you hate so much...... in other words....INFEINFERIORITY COMPLEX. that is the greatest problem of the igbo man.

Your write up is fully of assumptions and hasty generalizations. It's sad to see people who do not know they suffer from the same sicknesses they accuse others of
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 2:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
Ikechuob:
What offense did I take? Since my first post on this thread I stated it LOUDLY that you yoruba, yes you are YORUBA, no matter how much you are ashamed of the savage ancestry of yours that you lots have the biggest inferority complex in the entire nation based on your pitiful behaviors when non yoruba are,praised. You lots ended up proving me accurate yet again. So why would I or anyone at that take offense to a behavior that is so common among you lots. It is your generational inferority complex been displayed as usual. The only thing is you lots shouldn't stop it on NL, take it to Forbes as well. I'm sure they would like to here your cries.

What is it that you disproved other than crying throughout this page without ZERO tangible evidence to support your accusation of the author's "poor research".

You went from crying that the author is igbo...where did you prove he is indeed Igbo hence his article? NONE
To crying that a unknown yoloba was richer than Ojukwu at his time...what evidence did you provide to support that claim? NONE
To crying about the borrowed car wasn't ojukwu's..where did you provide evidence to support that? None. Heck your inferority complex tribesmen took up a notion to dismissing evidence given to them as "Nigerian media" just to cry us a river.
So deep in pain, you even went to insulting Forbes editorial practice.

Like I said INFERORITY COMPLEX to the max for your entire clan and that's normal as heck with y'all.

The only person on this entire forum who believe you're a non yoruba is yourself and your clans men needing desperately for allies. You're ENTIRE HISTORY post tells us exactly what region you hail from despite your shameful of it. If you like tell us how many tribes are in Nigeria, ask questions about your grandmama, even questions about your ancestors down to when you crawled out from the cave... you are from one tribe and we all know WTF it is because you single handily made that sh1t obvious as Bleep. You've denied being from north, middle belt, SS, SE and SW grin grin grin grin grin you must be an alien den. Funny enough, the only set of demons who do what you do hilariously enough hail from one region aka South West. Funny enough the only set of people clueless on other names found in other regions is predominately your clan with very limited geography knowledge hence your disgraceful display of thinking the author name is an igbo name. Typical of Afonja like yourself. Come on ask me me more question..ask me when your Afonja father bleeped your Afonja mother.

Another empty, pathetic meaningless rant from you, full of sound and fury signifying nothing. You are now asking "what offence did I take?" Go back and read your last post in which you mentioned my moniker, and you would see it. You were so pained that you embarked on a spree of insults and name-calling, both in that post and in your new response to me.

You keep chanting the phrase "inferiority complex" as if it is your middle name. sadWell, since you are so familiar with the condition, you must be suffering from an acute dose of that complex, because you have chosen to vent your anger in this vacuous, meaningless tirade. undecided

Yes, I stated that the writer was Igbo, because the name 'Egbejulu' sounds Igbo to me. Now, if he is not Igbo, all you and your ilk had to do was provide evidence to show that he was not Igbo. Why was that so difficult for you to do?

I was not the one who claimed that a Yoruba man was richer than Ojukwu. All the comments I made about Ojukwu, concerned his Rolls -Royce. Thankfully, FemiMaduka provided evidence that laid that controversy to rest. Well done, FemiMaduka. cool I owe you a bottle of the best bubbly.

You alleged that evidence was provided and dismissed because it came from the "the Nigerian media." Well, I never mentioned the Nigerian media in my post. So you need to direct your tirade to whoever did so. You are obviously blinded by the hate you have for me, that you are ever so willing to ascribe any real or imaginary sins to my moniker. Good, It makes me happy that you get so disturbed at the sound of my name. Hehehehe..... grin

Just for the record, I never insulted Forbes editorial policy. Kindly provide evidence in black & white of such an insult. A rather mischievous member of your clique, was even the first person to bring up Forbes editorial policy. And I agreed that they had one, but that the writer of the piece did not do adequate research before going to press. Only someone with your own queer imagination, would interpret that statement as 'insulting Forbes editorial policy.'

Finally, you have been throwing tantrums alleging that Laudate is Yoruba. cheesy Let me laugh very well in Chinese. I have asked you and your ilk on so many different threads, can you please provide solid, incontrovertible proof showing that Laudate is Yoruba? Till date, none of you have been able to do so. I do not deny that I have great respect for the Yoruba people, just like I have for so many other ethnic groups in Nigeria. cool If that fact offends you so much, then sorry, I cannot do anything about it. cheesy

But I must admit though, that your rabid, childish tantrums delights me to no end. cheesy You keep throwing screaming fits, claiming that Laudate is Yoruba, as if those allegations would put an additional naira in your pocket. I find it so hilarious. So let me beg you once again in the name of Chineke God, please provide evidence to show that Laudate is in fact Yoruba. Include the name of his town, traditional ruler and local govt area while you are at it. Every correct answer gets 25 marks! wink

I have contributed to so many threads on NL, which concern different ethnic nationalities ranging from Edo, to Yoruba, Igbo, Igala, Urhobo etc. yet, no one has ever succeeded in entertaining me with his tantrums, and fits of apoplexy like you do. Here you go, have the floor. Please chant your favourite slogan again of how you believe Laudate is a Yoruba man. Throw another tantrum. Unleash a new set of swear words. Make a delightful spectacle of yourself. We are waiting! grin

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by KenHudson(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
Na di na igbo, igbo amaka(am proud to be an igbo man and i am from nnewi.... Ana edo... may you live long, land of peace, prosperity and goodwill.
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by MasterKim: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
Amarabae:
their propagandas are being destroyed day by day.
Igbo success give them nightmare.
They havent seen anything yet.
Dummy.
Igbos success in someone else region.
After u will be crying indeginization policy and how awolowo gave u £20 to start over again.
Slave mentality. Work for 20 years, collect ur earnings and give u peanut to start again yet u don't still have sense

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by janykute: 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2017
MasterKim:

Dummy.
Igbos success in someone else region.
After u will be crying indeginization policy and how awolowo gave u £20 to start over again.
Slave mentality. Work for 20 years, collect ur earnings and give u peanut to start again yet u don't still have sense
Heart attack seriously loading.

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by MasterKim: 4:05am On Aug 16, 2017
janykute:

Heart attack seriously loading.
dz is one tin I dislike from you easterners.
You're just figure heads dat cant reason individually.

What is d meaning of wat u wrote now.
U can't say anytin until someone else say it den u copy and paste.
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Tolexander: 6:40am On Aug 17, 2017
MayorofLagos:

This is the foundation for the article. Everything here is embellished and spawn in falsehood.

The first Nigerian billiionaire was a shipping magnate by name Henry Fajemirokun. The first to own RollsRoyce was Kano Emirate, followed by Fajemirokun. Sir Ojukwu never had a Rolls.
well done boss.

Oh I miss this thread to debunk the falsehood in this
[s]
Shortly before Nigeria’s independence in 1960, Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, reportedly Nigeria’s first black billionaire, and founding President of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. The royal honor came after he helped the British during World War II with his fleet of trucks. He was so wealthy that during the Queen’s visit in 1956, she was chauffeured around in his Rolls-Royce – apparently the only one in the country at the time – on the request of the colonial administration.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA / The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos / Man Parks Wrongly At Abuja Airport & Comes Back To Meet This Crazy Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.