Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine (63507 Views)

100-Foot Road: Anambra Government Reclaiming Erosion Site In Nnewi (Photos ) / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by mofewilkie(m): 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

False, in what way? shocked What year did Henry Fajemirokun buy his Rolls Royce, and what year did Louis Ojukwu buy his own, since you claim he had one?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Fajemirokun
read this article, you'll realize that Fajemirokun only entered private business in 1955 ( he even took a loan).
This was 3 years after Queen Elizabeth visited.
It's logic

3 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 3:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
mofewilkie:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Fajemirokun
read this article, you'll realize that Fajemirokun only entered private business in 1955 ( he even took a loan).
This was 3 years after Queen Elizabeth visited.
It's logic
You answered the first part of the question. Now answer the 2nd part. In what particular year did Louis Ojukwu buy his Rolls-Royce, assuming he had one?

2 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Daguccizgreat(m): 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
MayorofLagos:

This is the foundation for the article. Everything here is embellished and spawn in falsehood.

The first Nigerian billiionaire was a shipping magnate by name Henry Fajemirokun. The first to own RollsRoyce was Kano Emirate, followed by Fajemirokun. Sir Ojukwu never had a Rolls.
So because Louis Ojukwu did not acquire Rolls it automatically implies that he could not afford it. Indomie brain you got there

2 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by obiezed: 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

Wow! And you just had to dish out this childish, clueless response. Now, why am I not surprised? It shows the level of your reasoning.
My level of reasoning shouldn't be your problem,I wasn't talking to you either,LOL,so who is childish and clueless now ??,amarabae,please continue pouring iodine on this Blockhead's butthurt.he wimpers exquisitely.
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Behumble123: 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2017
They have built themselves from the ground up, with little help from the government, after a controversial policy left them all with 20 pounds each, regardless of their bank balance, at the end of the Nigerian civil war in 1970.
...... And nobody is saying anything about that statement. The marginalisation did not start today. 20 pounds regardless of your bank balance?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by XKZ(m): 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

Is that what you read in black & white in my post, or are you just being mischievous or hypocritical, and you want to put that spin on it? Which one? shocked

You said, in black and white, that Forbes has an editorial policy
You also said, in black and white, that an article published by Forbes was poorly researched and is a fluffy PR piece

How else should your post be summarised?

4 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 4:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
XKZ:

You said, in black and white, that Forbes has an editorial policy
You also said, in black and white, that an article published by Forbes was poorly researched and is a fluffy PR piece

How else should your post be summarised?
My post should be summarised thus: "Errors such as the one the writer made, turned an article that could have been a well-researched intelligent record, into a fluffy PR piece." Now, is that too hard for you to understand, or do you still feel the need to twist it to suit your own selfish, hypocritical perspective?

3 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2017
obiezed:

My level of reasoning shouldn't be your problem,I wasn't talking to you either,LOL,so who is childish and clueless now ??,amarabae,please continue pouring iodine on this Blockhead's butthurt.he wimpers exquisitely.
Weren't you the one who copied my post while addressing your remarks to someone else? shocked What were you trying to do? Show how clueless and childish you truly are? Anyway, thanks for letting us know that you only know how to whimper.... Keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by mofewilkie(m): 4:12pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

You answered the first part of the question. Now answer the 2nd part. In what particular year did Louis Ojukwu buy his Rolls-Royce, assuming he had one?

learn from this.
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by XKZ(m): 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

My post should be summarised thus: "Errors such as the one the writer made, turned an article that could have been a well-researched intelligent record, into a fluffy PR piece." Now, is that too hard for you to understand, or do you still feel the need to twist it to suit your own selfish perspective?

You're the one who seems to be pushing a perspective
And your summary conveniently ignores Forbes and its editorial policy
Any how enjoy yourself

4 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by ChykeBivins(m): 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
The Small Town Of The Super Rich
By Forbes Africa 5 min of reading August 7, 2017

-Written by Eromo Egbejule
https://www.forbesafrica.com/wealth/2017/08/07/small-town-super-rich/

That's how we roll

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by laudate: 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2017
XKZ:
You're the one who seems to be pushing a perspective
And your summary conveniently ignores Forbes and its editorial policy
Any how enjoy yourself
No, sir. You are the one bent on twisting my comments into a form, that supports your own narrow warped perspective, by using a skewed interpretation. I have already given you my views about Forbes editorial policy. Now, here you go. You can have the floor.

4 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by geraldo077: 4:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
aonag:
Any Yoruba person willing to take the trip, I would fully sponsor a tour around Nnewi or better still Osumenyi, a county within the town of Nnewi to show you what you have not seen even in VGC before. Igbos use houses as competition and not clothes and Jewelries as others do.
Heheheheh, ,Osumenyi is my town...Home to great men who have distinguished themselves in every spheres of life...they rule real estate in abuja from efab estates,prince and princess,bolton white,newton park etc...God bless Anambra, God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Myself2(m): 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
MayorofLagos:

This is the foundation for the article. Everything here is embellished and spawn in falsehood.

The first Nigerian billiionaire was a shipping magnate by name Henry Fajemirokun. The first to own RollsRoyce was Kano Emirate, followed by Fajemirokun. Sir Ojukwu never had a Rolls.

You are a liar and your lies are based on hate
This thread is for Sir Louis Ojukwu, a simple check on google confirms he owned the first rolls.What was a Rolls to sir Ojukwu when his son Emeka Odumegwu used a Rolls even in his university days in Oxford.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by obiezed: 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

Weren't you the one who copied my post while addressing your remarks to someone else? shocked What were you trying to do? Show how clueless and childish you truly are? Anyway, thanks for letting us know that you only know how to whimper.... Keep it up.
LOLl,you went from trying to discredit the post to Eromo egbejule is Igbo to trying to discredit Forbes editorial team,all to prove what??,that you are a miserable butthurt gimp.and I was even begging amarabae to take it easy on you.okay,carry in with your tomfoolery and have a miserable life.

2 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Lilimax(f): 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
aonag:
Any Yoruba person willing to take the trip, I would fully sponsor a tour around Nnewi or better still Osumenyi, a county within the town of Nnewi to show you what you have not seen even in VGC before. Igbos use houses as competition and not clothes and Jewelries as others do.
lol @ highlighted smiley

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by OMANBALA1: 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
laudate:

Nobody is saying that Forbes does not have an editorial policy. sad What is being said is that the writer failed to do adequate & comprehensive research on certain aspects of his article, before going to press. Was the article libellous? No. So nobody is going to sue. But errors such as the one the writer made, turned an article that could have been a well-researched intelligent record, into a fluffy PR piece.

You are a demonic tribalistic goat that should be burnt with hot boiling oil. You are a wicked soul...If this thread was done for the Yoruba you won't be here finding incriminating details. Your life is a piece of sorry !

5 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Ewedegubbler: 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
MENELIK1:

Haba, Osu, 80% powder you mean to say

I will rather sell powder than be an afonja skull miner

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Obdk: 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
The Small Town Of The Super Rich
By Forbes Africa 5 min of reading August 7, 2017

Obiajulu Uzodike: Nigeria is one of the foremost cable producers in the world due to many indigenous manufacturers across the southeast. One of the top cable companies is Cutix Nigeria, whose founder, Obiajulu Uzodike, cut his teeth in the business as a staff at a US-based aircraft and military wires and accessories company. By 1982, the Harvard Business School alumna and civil war veteran set up Cutix with N400,000 ($1,200), nurturing it to eventually become the first indigenous firm in the southeast to be listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

-Written by Eromo Egbejule
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
`

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by plaetton: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
StOla:

I don't even contest that there are mercantile rich men in Nnewi or from Nnewi.

My singular argument is that a town many wanted to force down our throats as a city in past discussions about Anambra, has now been duly assessed as a small town by Forbes.
It's either you are being deliberately mischievous or you are stricken with complex ignorance, the very worst form of ignorance.

In Nigeria, in fact, in the world, there are a lot of towns, both big and small, that have evolved and grown into cities over the last several decades.

Take Abuja, for good example. Has Abuja always been a city ?
Is Umuahia a town or a city?
Is Asaba today a town or a city ?

Nnewi, A town , just to use that word, that is today home to the greatest concentration (per capita) of both the middle class and super rich, with the indigenous Industrial capacity surpassing or tied to Nigeria's commercial hub, Lagos, can hardly be described today as a town.

However, for you to use this innocuous bit by a foreign writer to downplay the import or significance of the article is nothing but 'Sour Grapes' or in local parlance, BAD BELLE. undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by backtosender: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Afonjas everyone is screaming leave Igbos' alone there is nothing you can do about that....afonjas are not in the same league with igbos they are more wealthier than Yorubaz by far....in fact they are the richest tribe in Nigeria....afonjas go and drink otapiapia awolowo way and cure your sorrow

3 Likes

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by janykute: 5:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
InvertedHammer:
/
The most important part of the article is the part about £20 to every Igbo man irrespective of bank account balance. No tribe in the whole world can replicate what the Igbo people did. £20 x 10 == £200. Seize Otedola, Dangote and Adenuga's assets and money...givr then £200 each and in 1000 years they can never replicate what the Igbo business people did. Not just £20, the money was given when everyone hates every Igbo because of the war which ensured no government patronage was guaranteed. It is remarkable how quickly the wealth gap closed. The people that thought they had it were so broke in a few years that they sold almost all their lands to the ones that got pittances. Yet they have the effrontery to whine about it. Life is one complex adventure, I must admit.

\
And yet you kept asking why they are envious and jealous about us.This is the reason .
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by MXrap: 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
You are a bitter frustrated clown. You are only bitter and hopeless because Ojukwu's Rolls was used by the Queen of England. YOu cannot re-write history. You are busy writing bunkum but it will never change anything. You will only hurt your hopeless self. It is very clear you are hopeless in life, now you are jumping from one false and unfounded story to another. cheesy

[s]
allrightsir:

you are a slowpoke, I never said it was an official site. You can engage in a shouting and insult match or you can deal with the facts. The facts are there for those who are interested in facts. The car was so historically significant, SLS had it restored.
http://www.chrislees.co.uk/restorations.htm
https://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/news/general-news/2013-08/image-of-queens-rolls-royce-takes-exhibition-centre-stage/
people who deal in facts say the car belongd to the late Enir of Kano, then I beleive them over a bunch of people whose history has always been based on an unexposed people sitting down by the fire in their remote village telling lies to their children. Ojukwu jnr for instance was a bastard child...it's there in the British intelligence files on Nigeriahttps://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/02/26/americas-secret-files-on-ojukwu-2/he (Ojukwu) suffers from Hitler-like megalomania”Akinjide explained to Strong that as a child, Ojukwu was rejected because his father strongly denied that he was solely responsible for the pregnancy that led to him, arguing that other mysterious force or forces may have been at work as well. His mother, claimed Akinjide, was a mistress his multimillionaire father, Sir Louis Ojukwu, acquired on one of his business trips to the North. Being a devout Catholic, Sir Louis refused to keep the boy in his house in Lagos, preferring to send him back to the North, where he was born and where his mother made a living as a trader. Ojukwu, like Nnamdi Azikiwe, was born in Zungeru, in the present day Niger State."
"As the boy grew up, friends of the business mogul prevailed on him to recognise him as a son. According to Akinjide, Sir Loius agreed to do so, but the boy became something of an embarrassment to him, the reason for which he sent him to school in England, where he made it into Oxford University."
[/s]

Read from the Thisday...they did their research to come to this conclusion

For instance, Sir Ojukwu’s personal driver at the height of his fame and fortune in Lagos was one Sunday, a Yoruba man. His appointed auditor for all his business interests till he died was Mr. Akintola Williams, the first Nigerian certified accountant who is also a Yoruba man. And when Sir Ojukwu became pioneer Chairman of the Nigerian National Shipping Lines in 1956, the first indigenous Managing Director he appointed was also a Yoruba man called Mr. Nathaniel Oyesiku. Further establishing Sir Ojukwu’s broad-mindedness, at the first visit of Queen Elizabeth to Nigeria in 1956, his Rolls Royce was the official car used to convey the British monarch

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/08/in-quest-of-perpetuity-the-ojukwu-nigerians-didnt-know/

Read also from Dailymail..they did their research to come to this conclusion.

When Queen Elizabeth II visited Nigeria in 1952, the Nigerian government couldn’t afford a Rolls Royce, so they borrowed this Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith LWB from Sir Louis Ojukwu, father of President Odimegwu Ojukwu.

http://dailymail.com.ng/when-queen-elizabeth-ii-visited-nigeria-in-1952-they-borrowed-this-rolls-royce-silver-wraith-lwb-from-sir-louis-ojukwu/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by StOla: 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
plaetton:

It's either you are being deliberately mischievous or you are stricken with complex ignorance, the very worst form of ignorance.

In Nigeria, in fact, in the world, there are a lot of towns, both big and small, that have evolved and grown into cities over the last several decades.

Take Abuja, for good example. Has Abuja always been a city ?
Is Umuahia a town or a city?
Is Asaba today a town or a city ?

Nnewi, A town , just to use that word, that is today home to the greatest concentration (per capita) of both the middle class and super rich, with the indigenous Industrial capacity surpassing or tied to Nigeria's commercial hub, Lagos, can hardly be described today as a town.

However, for you to use this innocuous bit by a foreign writer to downplay the import or significance of the article is nothing but 'Sour Grapes' or in local parlance, BAD BELLE. undecided

Dude the article is about wealth, which I have not challenged in anyway.

Rather, I have underscored the apt description given to a town many on this forum have vehemently argued is a city only to be called a small town by Forbes.

My argument and revelation is straight forward, and anyone bitter about the content of my argument is only angry that lies previously boasted about have fallen flat and prostrated to the truth.

The bitter reaction is called deflated ego.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by bukanchris20: 5:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
louqas:
False News
ijebu has more billionaires than any other town in Nigeria.

Proudly yoruba
Lol U Dey vex, igbos are the most bouyant in naija exspecially my state anambra,
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
`
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by googi: 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
Chei?

Pikin wey wan hia wod, if he don sleep, yanga go wake wake am.
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by MXrap: 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
You posted fake bentley site and claimed that it was a genuine source until I busted your wicked lies with the real Bentley website. You can cry from now till next tomorrow but these newspaper reports cannot just publish anything without a research, so therefore they have stated the obvious. Now FORBES has equally said the same thing.

[s]
allrightsir:

Your source is Nigerian newspapers, when did Nigerian journalists become a dependable source of history?Your source is Nigerian newspapers, when did Nigerian journalists become a dependable source of history? What sources did they site? did they give the chasis no or they day the car was built? Just a claim based on stories told in the east to people who never left the east.
foreign sites have traced the provenance of this vehicle to the Emir of Kano and you are there arguing....foooool Your brains cant comprehend that you have been lied to and your heroes are not what they sold you.
[/s]

Read from the Thisday

For instance, Sir Ojukwu’s personal driver at the height of his fame and fortune in Lagos was one Sunday, a Yoruba man. His appointed auditor for all his business interests till he died was Mr. Akintola Williams, the first Nigerian certified accountant who is also a Yoruba man. And when Sir Ojukwu became pioneer Chairman of the Nigerian National Shipping Lines in 1956, the first indigenous Managing Director he appointed was also a Yoruba man called Mr. Nathaniel Oyesiku. Further establishing Sir Ojukwu’s broad-mindedness, at the first visit of Queen Elizabeth to Nigeria in 1956, his Rolls Royce was the official car used to convey the British monarch

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/08/in-quest-of-perpetuity-the-ojukwu-nigerians-didnt-know/

Read also from Dailymail

When Queen Elizabeth II visited Nigeria in 1952, the Nigerian government couldn’t afford a Rolls Royce, so they borrowed this Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith LWB from Sir Louis Ojukwu, father of President Odimegwu Ojukwu.

http://dailymail.com.ng/when-queen-elizabeth-ii-visited-nigeria-in-1952-they-borrowed-this-rolls-royce-silver-wraith-lwb-from-sir-louis-ojukwu/

Read from Forbes

Shortly before Nigeria’s independence in 1960, Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, reportedly Nigeria’s first black billionaire, and founding president of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. The royal honor came after he helped the British during World War II with his fleet of trucks. He was so wealthy that during the Queen’s visit in 1956, she was chauffeured around in his Rolls-Royce – apparently the only one in the country at the time – on the request of the colonial administration

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
`
Re: NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine by MXrap: 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2017
Illiterate stop smoking grass. Go back to school and learn how to read and write. You want to re-write history. You are just hopeless. cheesy

[s]
allrightsir:
I have no more to say to you. Ojukwu may have a rolls but it's not the one the queen rode in, if it is I would advise you to go and find it and restore it. Because Sanisi Lamido Sanusi understands the significance of the car he has and shipped the car back to England to be restored.
As for Forbes, sometimes you have to know when common sense takes over in the face of overwhelming evidence.
Like I said you can tell a falsehood over and over that it begins to be taken as fact.....it does not mean it is.
The car the queen rode in was owned by the late Emir of Kano, the car is curreltly owned by SLS.
Believe your myths, I have nothing more to say. If there is one thing I know about you people it is that you are not interested in facts.and you can go on and on being pedantic, insulting and evading the real evidence. All you have is biased hearsay. I have independent verified facts from different independent sources.
[/s]

Read from the Thisday

Read also from Dailymail

Read from Forbes

Shortly before Nigeria’s independence in 1960, Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, reportedly Nigeria’s first black billionaire, and founding president of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II. The royal honor came after he helped the British during World War II with his fleet of trucks. He was so wealthy that during the Queen’s visit in 1956, she was chauffeured around in his Rolls-Royce – apparently the only one in the country at the time – on the request of the colonial administration

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Jay Bloom Turned Down Seats On Titan Voyage / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic / Man Parks Wrongly At Abuja Airport & Comes Back To Meet This Crazy Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.